Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' (2229 Views)

Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot) / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / What Kind Of Christmas Gift Can One Give To His Boss Who Has Almost Everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by sbaby: 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
What Will You Do If You Work With A Man Who Will Never Say "You've Done Well"

I graduated last year from Nocen. I applied in one private secondary school to be one of their science teachers.  Though the school has been shut down for years and about to re-open. the principal of the school employed me but not as a teacher, as a secretary.  He said i am to recieve visitors in his office and take care of some of the school properties.  I resumed working with him.

Later i asked him of other teachers when I noticed that is only I and him every day.  He said time has not come for them to start school.later on we registered our candidates for weac 2009. he told me that a month before the exam that there will be a tutorial for the candidates. i believed him and passed on the information.many external student because of me, registered for the WAEC.

But can you believe that on the day of practical chemistry there was no teacher for the practical,the person he called came and gave the student acid in place of base. that was not all. he started blaming me for not calling any teacher where as i told him of that before hand where he told me that the teacher is coming. over 200 and something students that registered for the waec were made to pay some reasonable amount for the practical. yet he could not spend his money to buy some apparatus. you can imagine where only one person will be the bursar,the hostel mistress, the school secretary, the vice principal,the school care taker and also the all the subject teachers.

i've asked him several times to employ some other person to help, he wouldnt listen. also i am taking the exam and i begged him ti give me some chance for the exam, he said he will pay the anybody who'll replace me using my salary i accepted but he would not let me go. i tried quitting but only him cannot handle the whole student. the most painful part of it is that he will never appreciate the little one uve done instead he ll be calling you names . i dont know what to do should i quit and face my exam?
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by AjanleKoko: 9:18am On Apr 20, 2009
I guess you have bosses like that everywhere. I'm not a teacher, and I can't say that I've had the best of times with any of the people I have reported to in my own work life. Far from it in fact.
Just hold your peace, keep working hard, and plan your exit, or look for a better position. That is the secret to work. We can't always run away every time things are not working in our favour. Rather we should see these issues as challenges that we have to overcome, and by overcoming we will be stronger and better.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by yicob(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2009
A boss is interested in the success of the business. He blames you when there is a flaw and praises himself for good management for every achievement.

if you re waiting for the boss that would pamper you because you re doing fine, then you need to start you own business.

Just take it easy dear and continue to learn the pathway of geting work done without emotion.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by Seun(m): 9:37am On Apr 20, 2009
The fact is that you want to be a teacher, and the job is not giving you that opportunity. So you can't be happy no matter what your boss does as long as you're a secretary.

Never make sacrifices for a job. If you don't like it, start looking for a new one. Once you find a new one, then leave. Life is to short to spend on a lousy job. Your boss won't think twice about firing you if a better secretary came along.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by yicob(m): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2009
Seun:

The fact is that you want to be a teacher, and the job is not giving you that opportunity. So you can't be happy no matter what your boss does as long as you're a secretary.

Never make sacrifices for a job. If you don't like it, start looking for a new one. Once you find a new one, then leave. Life is to short to spend on a lousy job. Your boss won't think twice about firing you if a better secretary came along.

Even if she leaves the present job for a better one, that doesn't mean the boss will still be lenient with her. I have never seen a boss that takes responsibility for failure, instead he blames the staff.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by AjanleKoko: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2009
yicob:

A boss is interested in the success of the business. He blames you when there is a flaw and praises himself for good management for every achievement.

if you re waiting for the boss that would pamper you because you re doing fine, then you need to start you own business.

Just take it easy dear and continue to learn the pathway of geting work done without emotion.

Too true in fact.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by maxtop(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2009
My brother, i can understand your situation but i think is high time you moved ahead in your career coz i dont see any reason why you continue exerting your precious time and energy on somebody who do not appreciate your little contribution, and i wanted to ask you if the pay is right and also to know if the school was approved, ?
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by yicob(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2009
These private schools can overwork their staff without even paying anything tangible!

Imagine a B(ed) holder taking N9,000 par month. Weird! embarassed
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by DoubleN(m): 11:11am On Apr 20, 2009
@Poster
Abeg no vex what is the name of the school?Somethings i have learned in this life is if nobody recognises your effort,Do just like the proverbial lizard and give yourself a pat on the back and move on!Life is too short to let anyone steal your happiness.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by senamilove: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
there r bosses like that everywhere if you re waiting for the boss that would pamper you because you re doing fine, then you need to start you own business.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by sherif4owo(m): 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
don't worry just look forward for better opportunity sad sad
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by oluwdashmi(f): 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2009
Start looking for a better one although, it is rare to find bosses who will always appreciate you but you will have peace and be able to plan your career. Besides, no matter how he makes you do more job, do not fail to build your career along cos he has built his and if you are not careful, you will leave your life and continue to build his life higher.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by sparta(f): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
80% of our bosses in naija are like that. We all play the fool to keep our job, there is no exception to the rule. My dear just dont over work yourself to please them because if you kpeme, life and work wil go on . sefini
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by Tstark(m): 3:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
I hope you're not teaching those kids English o! That would be very detrimental to their health.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by decash(m): 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2009
Now, that's exactly what am facing.
YOu can imagine urself working so hard and no good compliment or even a good pay from ur so called Boss.
YOU end up stressed up at the end of the day which is detrimental to ur health.

YOU are rather building somebody else's carrer and overlook yours.
it's good u start looking 4 a good Job than wasting all ur blessed years working 4 an ingrate.
I also would advice u to watch ur boss very well to learn some good business qualities that may help you in future. lipsrsealed
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by dejirule: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2009
yicob:

A gud boss shld be able to commend workers for job well done, lest they get frustrated, and become less productive
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by dejirule: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2009
Please, resign without notice
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by domwas2(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
Thats usual, and u know wat? My boss respect me till today becos i've never look down on him since all those day he used to disrespect and no thanks you in his statement, now i enjoy him like , wow can tell.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by ayobase(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
I will continue doing my job
so far he is paying me well!!

To hell with `you have done well`
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by OnyinyeGod(f): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
Just try and hold and depend on God Almighty, serve him with truthfulness. U are even lucky that u are serving only one boss. mine is more than one, if this one call u now, before u finish the work that was given to u, the other one will call. If u mistakenly did something wrong to one person, all of them will joint their hands and lay abuses on you as if u are not human beings like them. But i thank God for the grace to be managing.I know am heading somewhere, am looking for something, if by the grace of GOD I will USED the little i am getting to train myself in the higher institution. By then, i will have achieved something.

My advice to u is that u should go and take ur exam, even if it means that u are going to sacrifice ur salary for it, just do it. After the exam u can go back to ur work. Be patience. With God on ur side, u are more than conqueror.

Bye.
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by dejirule: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2009
ayobase:

I will continue doing my job
so far he is paying me well!!

To hell with `you have done well`

Work is not all about money
Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well' by bblacky(f): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2009

Re: A Boss Who Will Never Say 'You Have Done Well'
« #19 on: April 22, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just try and hold and depend on God Almighty, serve him with truthfulness. U are even lucky that u are serving only one boss. mine is more than one, if this one call u now, before u finish the work that was given to u, the other one will call. If u mistakenly did something wrong to one person, all of them will joint their hands and lay abuses on you as if u are not human beings like them. But i thank God for the grace to be managing.I know am heading somewhere, am looking for something, if by the grace of GOD I will USED the little i am getting to train myself in the higher institution. By then, i will have achieved something.

My advice to u is that u should go and take ur exam, even if it means that u are going to sacrifice ur salary for it, just do it. After the exam u can go back to ur work. Be patience. With God on ur side, u are more than conqueror.

Bye.

[color=Black][/color]
i concur wit u
I experience same too where i work, but my future and vision is wat makes me stick there, atleat amd learning something from him that will help me when i finally leave for my education.

so girl be patient and pray to God

(1) (Reply)

IT Audit Profession In Nigeria / End of Year Promo on NEBOSH Courses / Worst And Best Paying Jobs In The United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.