Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa (8567 Views)

Who Are The Best Rappers In Africa Now. I Mean The Bosses In The Game? / Share Your List Of Top 10 Best Rappers Ever / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
LeSudAfricaine:
Just how do you differentiate between creativity and punchlines? I can mention a lot of SA mc's who throw punchlines

Saying one is better does not mean the other does not know at all.
Re: Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa by Oblion(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2015
Real hip hop in naija went away,since the likes of SINZU,RUKUS,BOOGEY,GODWON and KILLZ dissapeared, atleast their lyrics ain't always top notch,save for rukus and boogey, but their flows none of this present rappers can beat..

And SA wrappers ain't no hip hop doers,they just another extended bunch of noise makers, atleast right now, we got banky W, and Uzi still keeping it real, and if you turn SA upside down you cant find any one to best em in that country
Re: Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
Oblion:
Real hip hop in naija went away,since the likes of SINZU,RUKUS,BOOGEY,GODWON and KILLZ dissapeared, atleast their lyrics ain't always top notch,save for rukus and boogey, but their flows none of this present rappers can beat..

And SA wrappers ain't no hip hop doers,they just another extended bunch of noise makers, atleast right now, we got banky W, and Uzi still keeping it real, and if you turn SA upside down you cant find any one to best em in that country
Really?
Re: Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa by ournaijablog(f): 9:32am On Jul 14, 2016
That's what we tryna do @ Undergroundcontest.com we all about rap and hiphop

So nigeria has many good rappers infact we are number 1 in africa, punchlines, wordplay, metaphors, flow, we gat them all, but there a clear difference between Hip-hop and a song you just rap on. Many rappers think if you rap on the song it becomes Hip-Hop, NO! For example Pit Bull is an american rapper but his genre of music is Pop. Some Nigerians have even created the name Afro-Hip-Hop whereas I don't think there is anything like that, is either you make afro pop or you make hip-hop, but must nigerian rapper especially now a days make and rap on afro pop more, the are all looking for party bangers mean while as a Rapper that makes hip-hop Party songs should be out of your way. I'm not saying is bad to do Afro Pop, I mean if you have the skills to do them, while not? But do not sacrifice Hip-hop because of it or rather just sing on them like other afro pop artist, after all the biggest afro pop songs are sang on. But my honest advice no nigerian rappers is if you doing hip-hop please focus on it alone, because if you try your hands on afro beat you would never make bigger songs than even skales(which in my opinion is an afro beat artist that can do some rhyming).

You Think Nigerians don't like hip-hop? That's the lie they tell every artist, infact majority of nigerians listen to hip-hop when its good, yes majority. You can try this little survey and ask people on you BBM/Whatsapp list which genre they listen to and you would see the results. So if they listen to hip-hop it means you can make hit songs ot of hip-hop, yes you can. Bad Belle was a hit song, but sadly the only Hip-hop hit song that came out from nigeria within the last 2-3 years, not because other hip-hop songs could not make it, but because they were no other hip-hop songs, sadly even MI gave more afro pop on his album and I'm sure he would be surprise that it was the hip-hop track that turned out to be the Biggest track on the Album.
King-Kong was close to what should hav been called a Hit song, but the song did not really hit like that. Yung 6ix - Doinz, hotyce - Kilofoshi, Ill -bliss - Bank alert, phyno - asai amongst others, as you can see these songs where popular to some extent, but did not really hit that mark, the reason is because all these songs where done by different nigeria rappers who once in a while. Their head correct small say make them make hip-hop, they lack consistency and in seconds would jump back to afro beat, now imagine aall these songs listed above was droped by one person..... All would had been hit songs, and it is possible for a rapper to sit down and make good hip-hop sounds like this continuously, but they just won't.

Even davido did an Hip-Hop song(fans mi) and it was bigger
than all nigerian rappers song. Forget meek mill, its not today nigerian started featuring american artist, some of they songs never became hit song.

And some times they will and shoot no video for it, then shoot video for their afro pop song? Example MI(sadly, its very sad to me cos I took him as a role model and my best rapper) shoot the video(which was poor BTW) for Bullion Van was NO NO NO, I mean there is Millionaire champagne, there is human being, their is Third Mainland Bridge, their is Back from the future, why shoot video(promote) for Bullion Van?

But the case is different in the rest of africa, and for years upon years the biggest songs in africa are Hip-Hop songs, south africa is a county where their top ten chart is most times 100% Hip-Hop this is something nigeria rappers can't do for only God knows why....

Stanley enow. Cameroon rapper/Hip-Hop artist drop an album and made charts 3 times and still counting with hip-hop songs 1. Njama njama cow ft sarkodie 2. King Kong ft dj neptune 3. Work hard. And he is a very poor rapper with terrible voice. You can imagine. They play his songs here in nigeria more than nigerian hip hop songs.

Caspper Nyovest. Even here in nigeria everbody knew and could sing shebeleza doc doc shebeleza, all the way from south africa, pack channel o awards like say na water, even my aunty where no no anything was singing shebeleza after watching the awards, MAMA best Hip-Hop artist award winner, droped an abulm and shot about 6 videos which peak charts simultaneously, all hip-hop. 1. Gusheshe 2. Doc shebelaza 3. Doc shebelaza remix ft talib kweli 4. I hope you bought it 5. Phumakim 6. Ghetto 7. Tsilib , all sick Hip-hop tacks, One Abulm! Why Naija no fit do this kind thing ehn? He is a very good rapper no doubts, but nigeria have very good rappers too! Why can't we win that MAMAs?

Sarkodie. This one una know. He still does real hip-hop upon his success unlike some people like MI

A.K.A. The guy came to Nigeria and was felling like the biggest star in the country, na Hip-hop bring am to that level o! His song "all eyes on me" was the opening song performed at the MAMAs and later grabed an award, songs like Congratulations, Run Jozi, where even big songs here in Nigeria.

If you go to youtube and search for "south african Hip-Hop" you get results like "ricky rick - boss zonke" "KO - one time" "cassper nyovest - ghetto" "witness the funk - nomusa" "aka - sim dope" "dj speedsta - special somebody" "Anatii - The Saga" e.t.c

If you go to youtube and search for "nigeria Hip-hop" what you get is "bracket - mama africa" "mavin - adaobi" "wizkid - azonto" "iyanya - kunkere" (and a lot of old songs). Practically NO RESULTS!!!

So Nigeria Rappers, I Take God Beg una, I'm part of you guys too, Let us Dedicate our time and Money And effort, amd make good hip-hop songs! Leave afro beat for afro beat artist! They won't leave afro beat and do hip-hop! Abeg! Ehn! Its not about bragging you are the best here and there!

Producers too have a role to play. Only few producers now like Kid Konnect actually make time out to create hip-hop, even MI is now using Sarz on shekpe. Kid konnect had to make beats and force feature rappers to rap on them. Songs like shalala air, Badagry, 4 horse men, Dictator Rap. All good Hip-Hop songs.

Me, I'm just saying my mind.
I love Hip-Hop and its Sad to see my country does not make them so I've too look out side to find them.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa by ILoveRap4ever: 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
Damn! Y'all need to check out this hot freestyle I just watched on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69CydY3ZVI
Re: Nigeria Has The Best Rappers But Worst Hip-hop Makers In Africa by 3plecz(m): 1:22am On Feb 27, 2017
Movement Ent

Finally out

* BORN STUNNA Freestyle plus free beat*
By*Stunnaboi*

Download d song and the beat, kill the beat
produced by _Stunnaboi
ND send it back to me on whatsapp 08032623357

Or make a video of urself killing the beat with #bornstunna and tag @ama_stunna_boi on IG

The best among the entry will get a free production and also a feature on my next track

Download link for the beat

https://www.datafilehost.com/d/b68f3249

Download link for the freestyle

https://www.datafilehost.com/d/a85ae135

Entery close on the 20th of March

Pls Rebroadcast nd show sum love...support d
#BSmovement#ubetablivdat#moremoneymorefame#wetakingover

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"where The F*** Is Kanye When You Need Him" By Eminem / Sauce Kid Vs Mi / Ambush – Jumpy (remix) Ft Chip & Skepta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.