Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (61128 Views)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by CHUKSKALIDONN: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Iconoclastic fellow.
No I am not that. Iconoclasm is outdated. I state a facts when they are actually facts. But, for you to term me an iconoclast is practically naïve of you. Learn to curtain emotions especially in the faces of facts.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Divinelivn: 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

Judging and speaking up for core Christian values are two different things.

But u will also agree with me that flipping through various comments n replies on this topic, majority have passed comments they clearly don't know their implications.... I also agree wt u tho but when speaking up, we should also put ourselves in check, else we err!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
Divinelivn:

But u will also agree with me that flipping through various comments n replies on this topic, majority have passed comments they clearly don't know their implications.... I also agree wt u tho but when speaking up, we should also put ourselves in check, else we err!!!

Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Divinelivn: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

Absolutely!

Thank you jare!!!
As for me tho, I alwys apply caution when it cums to religious matters because there are too many issues that commenting on them with human reasoning will undoubtedly push one to the brink of Sinning!!!!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
Divinelivn:

Thank you jare!!!
As for me tho, I alwys apply caution when it cums to religious matters because there are too many issues that commenting on them with human reasoning will undoubtedly push one to the brink of Sinning!!!!

Sinning in terms of erring, yes!

As long as your erring doesn't cause suffering, it can help you learn. Errors are a natural part of every learning process.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
Divinelivn:

Thank you jare!!!
Greater sin is being immersed in ocean of abundance when your followers are immersed in poverty.. Why is this hard for us to practice? Jesus didn't live opulently and let his followers suffer!!

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by bee444: 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pope US visit was a reminder that the likes of Creflo Dollar and Oyedepo are milking the hell out the their congregation. Pope is always on a commercial plane, yet he visits countless of countries to spread the message. Black Pastors only visit a specific Church to spread their tithing message and falsehood.

The problem is black pastors are covetous and their congregation will go to hell if care is not taken. These bunch of gullible supporters have no mind or free thinking ability to know the teachings of Christ. Black pastors manipulate the bible and use the art of mind controlling to arrest the spirit and mind of its members. Eating grass, stamping on tithe money, getting crowned by some white dude, twerking and exposing the bossom are all but some of the new ways the black preachers deceives people.

$65M jet is hell of a money. Only black preachers own luxury jets and luxury homes, why? They've been criminals before becoming your pastor
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
oyadanoz:

u stand defend pop that is making noise. tell me howmany country does he visit in a week.
how do u expect someone to minister in diferent country there need for it. as for pop he is only trying to gain porpularity by critisising men of miracle.
Men of miracle? OK ooo if you say so. Pastors these days claim to be busier than Obama ( some even need 4 jets ). Next thing they will start buying is Yacht, meanwhile many of their members are hungry. mtschew. My dear Pope Francis continue leading by example

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by favourelisha(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pls why did you ban me for so long?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
ttmacoy:
I think TrajansKong was being sarcastic. A least I hope so.

Well these days you can't be so sure.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Divinelivn: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
adconline:

Greater sin is being immersed in ocean of abundance when your followers are immersed in poverty.. Why is this hard for us to practice? Jesus didn't live opulently and let his followers suffer!!

Hmmm!!! Word!!!!
Quite agreeable viewpoint. However dnt forget that som of these pastors hav their own businesses that have been blessed and some of the things they own are gifts or seeds meant only for them.
Also some of them have made so great investments in numerous lives that it would be unlike God to bless them and surround them with people that will abundantly bless them. When they were suffering and still investing in lives, nobody knew nor cared...
All I'm saying is that YES!! Some of our pastors deserve God's immediate rain of fire but some truly have worked so much that it will be impossible for God not to open the heavens on them for the rest of their lives... So we should be careful not to judge
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Divinelivn: 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mindfulness:

Sinning in terms of erring, yes!

As long as your erring doesn't cause suffering, it can help you learn. Errors are a natural part of every learning process.

I agree bro!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
Divinelivn:

I agree bro!!!

Thanks for sharing your views and respect!

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Divinelivn:

Hmmm!!! Word!!!!
Quite agreeable viewpoint. However dnt forget that som of these pastors hav their own businesses that have been blessed and some of the things they own are gifts or seeds meant only for them.
Also some of them have made so great investments in numerous lives that it would be unlike God to bless them and surround them with people that will abundantly bless them. When they were suffering and still investing in lives, nobody knew nor cared...
All I'm saying is that YES!! Some of our pastors deserve God's immediate rain of fire but some truly have worked so much that it will be impossible for God not to open the heavens on them for the rest of their lives... So we should be careful not to judge
Good points made but the notion that stating the facts is judging is absurd. If we treat then with Christ-like reverence, then we should hold them to standards that Christ laid down for us. My point is that the pope is in control of assets worth billion $€£ but chooses to live a humble life as to serve people most of whom are needy and oppressed but these pastors have chosen to acquire inordinate wealth in order to fulfil their thirst for greed and materialism.. These pastors aren't living as paupers but having private jets when British PM with larger and wealthier constituents, doesn't have one is a reflection of whats wrong with modern Christendom

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by abiambo(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
YES!!! The pastors mentioned in the post travel more than the pope... as for the fruit of their labor -- that's what you are killing yourself about...
They hold crusades the world over and hundreds of thousands come to christ via dis crusade nt to talk abt healing et al
jaytee01:
So these other preachers are busier than the pope, abi? What has been the fruit of their so called "travels"? Why don't we find them in poverty stricken countries where their attention is needed most?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Rich4god(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
An2elect2:
How did the pope's visit uphold Christ's teaching? *sigh* First, Who made him the head of the church and an example for Christians to follow? mtcheew
lol.... You again...
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Henricarter(m): 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice
Go take that drink wey U̶̲̥̅̊ take bfre
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 400billionman: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
Weah96:
Have you seen where the pope calls HOME? It's a sovereign state. LOL The sale of one of his paintings alone could convince Oyedepo to become his house boy. Or even Creflo Money, abi, Dollar.

Don't compare the pope's annual earnings with these multi millionaires please. That's disrespectful to the hard work put in by the Vatican over the centuries.

The Vatican does not belong to an individual my dear. Stop confusing an Institution with a person. I am a pentecostal but i do not belong to any of these confused businessmen. Nigerian pastors are persons who engage in personal aggrandizement. If you gain access to funds being controlled by one of these popular Nigerian pastopreneurs in his personal account, (Naira, dollar, pounds and Euro accounts all in millions) you will weep for the foolishness of Nigerian christians. You will understand why they change private jets like cars.

I have been close to some upcoming pastopreneurs too. Believe me, most are businessmen. The first interface i had with one of them even before i knew he was a Pastor passed him as someone who commands worship from anyone he meets. He insulted me, i told him off. One in my area has 3 personal cars, while 95% of his church members trek to church service every worship day. This is IDOL worship. If you get close to most of them, you did be convinced they are self centred craftsmen. Craftiness has grades. The more knowledge you attain, the lesser your gullibility. For me, i am still on a learning curve.

One thing that distinguishes men like Dangote is that they have very high IQ, not knowlegde based IQ for getting good grades in school, rather Problem Solving IQ, brains that process practical situations with ease.

Pastopreneurs process the gullibility of Nigerians. My ideal pastor is Apostle Johnson Suleiman. He has Gods message. Having attended almost all the popular pentecostal churches, only this guy impresses me with God's undilutted word.

Prosperity gospel, suit saying are some of their tools. God help me.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Henricarter(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
you done fabgo read wefin U̶̲̥̅̊ write
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
abiambo:
YES!!! The pastors mentioned in the post travel more than the pope... as for the fruit of their labor -- that's what you are killing yourself about...
They hold crusades the world over and hundreds of thousands come to christ via dis crusade nt to talk abt healing et al
What do you mean that pastors with 1-5m members travel more than the pope with over 1bn members? Do they also travel more than UK PM with no private jet

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 400billionman: 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
birdman:

I beg to disagree. The pope can request that plane anytime he wants. It is reserved for him. In essence, the state itself has bought a jet for the pope.

Now compare that with a pastor preaching a sermon in one city on saturday night, and another sermon in another time zone the next morning. Obviously driving is not feasible. Neither can you carry all your staff for 4-5 hour wait at the airport every weekend, assuming you can even find a flight when you want. Have you ever flown a 12 hour flight before? What evangelist is going to try a world missions trip lasting a 3 months flying every two to three days. Even Reinhard Bonnke, on moving to the US, needed a private jet. God so kind, he found a preacher that gave it to him for free!

Are there carnal christians and pastors that lust after jets because it is a status symbol? Yeah. But there are also carnal christians, like you, who think all there is to a plane is the status symbol. The plane is a tool. Its very effective for Ceos, vps , presidents because they can get from point a to point b quickly. . And it is a very effective tool for moving significant ministry resources from point a to point b at a moments notice

But Jesus hired a donkey, hired a boat. Jesus paid his tax through Peter. Peter said to the cripple at the Beautiful gate, Silver and Gold, i have none, what i have i give to you. When last did your pastor preach a message from those passages ? Sometimes i begin to wonder the bible passages they extract the empty messages they churn out on the pulpit. My heart weeps whenever i am inside church and the pastor is evading to emphasize the hard truth in the word or i was taught as a kid. Are 21st century Christians of today more godly than in Peters time ? Read about how the church wealth was distributed among the poor so that everyone had equal. It was not for saint Peter's aggrandizement, in form of horses, chariots and horsemen. God's work was a sacrifice in the bible.

Even Paul, the most popular World Evangelist and General Overseer of the early church owned no ship, boat, nor horses or chariots. Today, even one room, 10 member church Pastor has the tag General Overseer. What emptiness.

My brother, judgement belongs to God, not Me and You.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 400billionman: 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
btoks:
It's not mandatory that a pastor visits all countries in a week. running a private jet is extremely expensive, minimum of $1m dollars per annum. I'm sure a church can find more beneficial ways to use money.

BTW,the pope seeks no popularity. There's no need for it!!

My dear, if you attend some of these big churches, at the end of the service uncountable times, people you dont know will run to you, " Brother please, i do not have transport money to go home, or i have not eaten today, one even said hunger is killing her family ". Now what is the function of the church they are attending every sunday when the pastor has and maintains 4 personal cars ?

I weep for the black man..

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
hensben:
I should be grateful to those schools? How? Wealthy men in the society should be owning schools that they pay 950k as school fees not house of God. The best academicians are still not from this schools so what are we talking about. Only in Nigeria you will see a church the wife or son becoming G.O after the death of the pastor. That's business venture. No wonder everybody want to own a church even an unbeliever due to they are beginning to see the exotic life this big pastors live. During GEJ tenure na one of them take get his own private jet, His churches dey the whole world too? If you observe very well it's now a competition amongst big pastors in Nigeria to own a private jet.

I'm not clear on how people's decisions to give to their churches become an issue for you.

Did the pastors work with government and embezzle funds?

Did they force anyone to give them money which they used to buy the private jets or build the schools?

Did they borrow money from you?

Or what exactly is your issue with them?

If you can't afford the fees then go to another school they have not asked or forced you to attend their schools either so leave them the fvck alone if you don't like their lifestyle.

if you have an issue with the fees being too high last I checked there as no clamp on you owning your own school or private jet for that matter

it's only in Nigeria pastor is succeeded by his wife or son, did you see him also point a gun at anyone's head and say you must come to my church?

why all this?

leave Jesus out of this for now. I'm sick and tired of people being baseless in their accusations of these pastors and I really can't see the sense in all your ranting.

I think the mediocre lifestyle suits you don't force others into it.

oh yeah and by the way I'm Muslim!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

I'm not clear on how people's decisions to give to their churches become an issue for you.

Did the pastors work with government and embezzle funds?

Did they force anyone to give them money which they used to buy the private jets or build the schools?

Did they borrow money from you?

Or what exactly is your issue with them?

If you can't afford the fees then go to another school they have not asked or forced you to attend their schools either so leave them the fvck alone if you don't like their lifestyle.

if you have an issue with the fees being too high last I checked there as no clamp on you owning your own school or private jet for that matter

it's only in Nigeria pastor is succeeded by his wife or son, did you see him also point a gun at anyone's head and say you must come to my church?

why all this?

leave Jesus out of this for now. I'm sick and tired of people being baseless in their accusations of these pastors and I really can't see the sense in all your ranting.

I think the mediocre lifestyle suits you don't force others into it.

oh yeah and by the way I'm Muslim!
Typical Nigerians! Instead of being logical they speak irrationally just to feel good.
I'm a Muslim my foot. I know your type.

1 Like

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
400billionman:

My dear, if you attend some of these big churches, at the end of the service uncountable times, people you dont know will run to you, " Brother please, i do not have transport money to go home, or i have not eaten today, one even said hunger is killing her family ". Now what is the function of the church they are attending every sunday when the pastor has and maintains 4 personal cars ?

Whilst you weep when the government people deprive you of your right by embezzlement of public funds yet you go and soloicit contracts from them. they tell you they're coming to your neighborhood and you give your younger ones flags to hold and stand by the road side waving at them please weep for yourself also.

Did you see the pastor forcing anyone to come to his church and give all their money as offering?

Is the situation any better in front of the mosque after jumat service on Fridays?

You can honestly say within yourself that the churches never helped anyone?

You complain about them having money yet you expect them to assist the poor. if they don't have the money please how are they expected to carry this out?

The lady who came to you, as a better person than the pastors what did you do?
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by hensben(m): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
400billionman:

This is the problem I have with Christianity practice in Nigeria, very commanding and gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by 400billionman: 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

Whilst you weep when the government people deprive you of your right by embezzlement of public funds yet you go and soloicit contracts from them. they tell you they're coming to your neighborhood and you give your younger ones flags to hold and stand by the road side waving at them please weep for yourself also.

Did you see the pastor forcing anyone to come to his church and give all their money as offering?

Is the situation any better in front of the mosque after jumat service on Fridays?

You can honestly say within yourself that the churches never helped anyone?

You complain about them having money yet you expect them to assist the poor. if they don't have the money please how are they expected to carry this out?

The lady who came to you, as a better person than the pastors what did you do?

You dont deserve an answer. Keep learning..
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by refreshrate: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
hensben:
Typical Nigerians! Instead of been logical they speak irrational just to feel good.
I'm a Muslim my foot. I know your type.

I don't owe you any explanation.

my type is not the issue here. attend to the points raised and stop trying to divert by thinking you know anything about me.

what is the logical thing in anything you've said please? because you hear people saying... you can't even compose English well sef, the statement is ..."being logical" not been logical.

Then also how do you describe "they speak irrational"? oga it's they speak irrationally.

Your issue has now been fully identified & it was just as I suspected.

keep fooling yourself with words above your thought level you hear?

No wonder...
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

my type is not the issue here. attend to the points raised and stop trying to divert by thinking you know anything about me.

what is the logical thing in anything you've said please? because you hear people saying... you can't even compose English well sef, the statement is ..."being logical" not been logical.

Then also how do you describe "they speak irrational"? oga it's they speak irrationally.

No wonder...

u guys will soon turn this to a quarel.

Nobody said it is wrong to have wealth or make wealth! That is not the issue, the issue is practice what you preach.

You cannot preach a gospel where Jesus condemned the rich fool for hoarding wealth when you are doing the same. If the church missions are not of a caring heart are not Charitable then why have them?

A church that cannot practice the gospel is not a house of God it is the shop of men.
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by adconline(m): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

No wonder...

It's hard to be logical with you, but you are comfortable with offering ignorant opinion from the bottomless dungeon of irrationality.. Go play some where cod this discussion is not meant for u!!
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by konkerall(m): 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
TrajansKong:
I SAY AGAIN!!

This is not the African Way.
The Pope is wrong. How can we respect him as a man of God if he travels amongst the common people? How can we glorify one who does not glorify himself? He is a messenger of God!! He should reflect God's power accordingly.We do not exalt those on our own level. A true pastor must SHOW he is above us in every way.

The Vatican has billions and BILLIONS in precious metals and stones but this pope does not display any of this for us to admire. If we cannot SEE and admire a man's power and wealth how can we follow him and give unto his glory?

This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. A man of God cannot be humble. He must be mighty as God is mighty.Fly your private jet, Papa Oyedepo! Wear your Rolex, Papa Adeboye. Wear your Armani suits Pastor Daniel! We cannot judge you as we judge ourselves. You are truly men of God. Our spiritual and earthly masters!
You need some reality checks,mayb ua nt one of doz hungry pastors dt think church is a business centre
Re: Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
chinoify:
poverty is a disease.... OP do you know that vatican has a bank?
do you know that Jesus had a treasurer
person wei no get money dey get bank??

ignorance.......

actually offficially, there is no such thing as a vatican bank. There is an institute for charitable institutions which is under the watch of the Church. The institute is mainly for religious houses an charitable organisation, a few people also use it. It is a financial institute but it isn't officially called a bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Tom Samson, His Hummer Limo, & Bodyguards Storm Cama Awards (pics) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / To Tithe or Not to Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.