Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here (37098 Views)

Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) / What Is The Use Of The 7 Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Danny777(m): 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pls is there anybody here who can throw a bit more light on how to use these great books to get the desired results? thanks.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
Jameselias:
now who ever say the book is not some how useless, let him use it to do anything for this guy let's see,

my broda delishpot don't mind them ooh they've got noting worthwhile to offer,

Being enlightened does not really mean that you have to focus on money and financial benedictions, please see a summary of the attributes of an enlightened one below with special attention to the bold section, (it can also be termed a magic practitioner etc):

Lévi's (Re: Eliphas Levi) works are filled with various definitions for "Magic" and the "Magician":

Magic

"To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage."

"Magic is the divinity of man conquered by science in union with faith; the true Magi are Men-Gods, in virtue of their intimate union with the divine principle."[19]

Magician

"He looks on the wicked as invalids whom one must pity and cure; the world, with its errors and vices, is to him God's hospital, and he wishes to serve in it."
"They are without fears and without desires, dominated by no falsehood, sharing no error, loving without illusion, suffering without impatience, reposing in the quietude of eternal thought... a Magus cannot be ignorant, for magic implies superiority, mastership, majority, and majority signifies emancipation by knowledge. The Magus welcomes pleasure, accepts wealth, deserves honour, but is never the slave of one of them; he knows how to be poor, to abstain, and to suffer; he endures oblivion willingly because he is lord of his own happiness, and expects or fears nothing from the caprice of fortune. He can love without being beloved; he can create imperishable treasures, and exalt himself above the level of honours or the prizes of the lottery. He possesses that which he seeks, namely, profound peace. He regrets nothing which must end, but remembers with satisfaction that he has met with good in all. His hope is a certitude, for he knows that good is eternal and evil transitory. He enjoys solitude, but does not fly the society of man; he is a child with children, joyous with the young, staid with the old, patient with the foolish, happy with the wise. He smiles with all who smile, and mourns with all who weep; applauding strength, he is yet indulgent to weakness; offending no one, he has himself no need to pardon, for he never thinks himself offended; he pities those who misconceive him, and seeks an opportunity to serve them; by the force of kindness only does he avenge himself on the ungrateful..."
"Judge not; speak hardly at all; love and act."

Give thanks

Peace, Love & Light!
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Paulscholari(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Lolz, I don't do Books of moses yet spirits appear to me in dreams wanting me to command them or to do their will so they can bless me, what kind of rubbish is that, am I conjuring them with my mind.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
Paulscholari:
Lolz, I don't do Books of moses yet spirits appear to me in dreams wanting me to command them or to do their will so they can bless me, what kind of rubbish is that, am I conjuring them with my mind.

What it means is that your psychic abilities are sharpened and alert more than that of the average person. You need to develop them further and get as full an understanding of yourself as possible. That is when you will be able to make the most of your blessings and talent in that regard.

The SSB can help you to further in that regard, but it's important to understand yourself, your strengths and don't let the talent and blessings go to waste.

One thing is for a person to dream, another thing is to dream and remember the dream so vividly; they are blessings as it makes it easier to attempt to decode or understand those dreams.

Firstly, I will urge you to read the Holy Bible for a start, Maybe try and read the Whole of Genesis at your leisure (even if one chapter daily); then afterwards, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to direct u on where to read....You will be amazed!

It also helps if you read Psalm 19 as the last act before you go to bed, make it a habit and do it daily....See the difference after 9days (most likely even before then!)

As much as you can, try not to obey or disobey the spirit until you have gained some significant spiritual fitness, this may be achieved within a few days if you follow the directions above.

If all goes as u plan, don't thank me, Thank God.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

What it means is that your psychic abilities are sharpened and alert more than that of the average person. You need to develop them further and get as full an understanding of yourself as possible. That is when you will be able to make the most of your blessings and talent in that regard..........

If all goes as u plan, don't thank me, Thank God.

Peace

Pretty good advice. I would also add that the gentleman should learn to meditate.

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sarassin:

Pretty good advice. I would also add that the gentleman should learn to meditate.
Thanks Sarassin.

I would reason that prayer is tantamount to meditation as far as spiritual parlance is concerned. Check it, I never read about, for example, Jesus meditating. Whereas there is ample evidence of Jesus praying...

Nevertheless, I understand the two to be more or less the same.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
Divinerspell:
THE SACRED TEACHINGS OF THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH BOOKS OF MOSES

Hello Nairaland, it is obvious most people commenting here have not read or practice what is stated in The Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses. For you to use The Sixth And Sexventh Books Of Moses, you must fully understand Semiphoras, Schemhamphora. Today, I will be teaching Semiphoras, Schemhamphora. Occult students, non-initiates and initiates will find these teachings very beneficial.

What is Semiphoras, Schemhamphora and it benefits?

The First and the Greatest, the oldest and hidden mystery of great power and virtue, to obtain all that which is asked of God, for God must be wor­shipped in spirit and in truth, which consists not in many and vain words, because each word and name of God is self-existent, and therefore the name and prayer must agree, and no strange name must be used un­necessarily if anything fearful or wonderful is intended to be accomplished, in order that the divine quality may pour into our soul and spirit His grace and gifts—that is the consciousness of God in His name through which he comes near and abides with those who know His name. There­fore, this name must be held in the highest honor and should be hidden from all frivolous and unworthy persons, since God says himself in Exodus: Out of all places will I come unto thee and bless thee, because thou rememberest my name. Therefore, have the Hebrew Mecubals seventy-two names for God, and named and wrote Schemhamphora, the name of seventy-two letters.

First, it must be known that the names of God cannot be taught and understood except only in the Hebrew language, neither can we pronounce them in any other dialect, as they were revealed to us through the grace of God. For they are the sacrament and emanation of divine omnipo­tence, not of man, nor of angels, but they are instituted and consecrated through the (generent) of God, to instill divine harmony in a certain man­ner according to the characters of his immovable number and figure, and of which those that are appointed over the heavens are afraid. The an­gels and all creatures honor them and use them to praise their Creator, and to bless Him with the greatest reverence in His divine works, and whosoever will apply them properly with fear and trembling and with prayer, will be powerfully enlightened by the spirit of God — will be joined with a divine unity — will be mighty according to the will of God — that he can perform supernatural things — that he can command angels and devils — that he can bind and unbind the things of the elements, over which he may elevate himself through the power of God. Therefore, he, who has purified and improved his understanding and morals, and who, through faith, has purified his ears, so that he may without spurious alterations call upon the divine name of God, will become a house and a dwelling-place of God, and will be a partaker of divine influences, etc., etc.

On the other hand, the order of God should be known, that God makes use of other words among angels and also others among men, but the true name of God is known neither to men nor to angels, for He has re­served it and will not reveal it until His order and exhibition are fulfilled and perfected. After that the angels will have their own tongues and speech, about which we need not concern ourselves, because it is not nec­essary for us to examine them.

In the third place, all the names of God are taken by us from His works, as indicating a communication with God, or are extracted out of the divine scriptures through Kabbalistic calculation, Notaricon, and Gematria.

The beginning of the name and word Semiphoras, which God the Cre­ator, Jehovah gave in Paradise, embraces three Hebrew letters, Jehovah the inscrutable Creator of the world, almighty Providence, and all-powerful strong Deity.

After this there are four parts of the earth which are the most subtle light of the spiritual world. Likewise four [triplicities of] hierarchies: 1) Seraphim, Cherubim, [and Thrones]; 2) Dominations, Powers, and Virtues; 3) [Principalities,] Archangels, and Angels; 4) Spirits and souls of persons which come before God. These parts of the world has also four angels that stand upon the four corners of heaven; they are Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel; four angels stand for the elements, namely, Seraph, Cherub, Tharsis, Ariel; four highly enlightened men full of the light of God.6
6. OP2.7. EE: "4. Hierarchus, Cherubim et Seraphim, Potestates et Virtutes, Archangelos et Angelos, Spiritus et Animus Hominum, which come before God." The triplicity of holy persons consists of innocents, martyrs, and confessors. The four enlightened men are presumably Mark, John, Matthew, and Luke listed by Agrippa in his Table of Four.

For the other light or part of the world is the heaven of all the stars; has four triplicities of the twelve signs, under which the Sun revolves yearly, making the change of seasons, the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter of birth and corruption, and changes the four elements.

In the third part of the work are the elements and everything that is subordinate to them, in which is the small world, man. He again has four elements within him. Anima is in the head, per nervos; Spiritus is in the heart, and operates through the arteries; Corpus is the whole body with the veins; Genius, a spark of fire, is in the kidneys, and governs birth. He has four spiritual and strong working faculties, as facultates actiones, or spiritus, as his Animal, Vital, Natural, and Generative. The soul has inward senses, as sensum communem; in which faith takes hold as (fides) and other senses Intellectus in the brain.

2. Imaginatrix, the imagination is another soul-operation or phantasie, which draws a picture of power and accomplishes all things.

3. Ratiotanatio9 repeats the Species on the mind on all causes and judgments, Scientia; if the soul will now turn to real reason, it will ob­tain a knowledge of all worldly wisdom.

4. Memoratrix, the memory, retains all things which pertains to the faculties and operations of the spirit, to bring an experimentum et Sensus; through agitation of the nerves the increase of the human race is effected by God. The living spirit of the heart embraces within itself four [moral] vir­tues: Justice, Temperance, Prudence, and Fortitude, and these lie in the arterial blood and connect the soul with the body. Appetitus Sensitivus; the natural spiritual action and power lies in the liver and arteries, and effect motion and attraction, support and subsistence; the proper spirit of strength and sap lies in the kidneys ... to multiply through divine perfection.

The body has four elements, namely, Spirit, Flesh, Humors, and Bones10 — four complexions or temperaments, warm, wet, [cold,] dry; attraction is produced by warmth, dryness, dampness; fel retentio11 is produced by coldness and dryness; Lien Coctio12 by warmth and wet, id est stomachus: four wet, gall, blood, mucus, and melancholia.13

In the fourth quarter of the world there is darkness, instituted for con­demnation in wrath and for punishment. Four princes of devils are injurious in the four elements: Samael, Azazel, Azael, Mahazael,14 four princes of devils over the four quarters of the earth, Oriens, Paymon,15 Egyn, Amayon.

THE BENEFIT AND USE OF THE SEMIPHORAS

Whoever lays hold in strong faith and trust in the first Creator, must first implore the divine help and blessing, not only with the lips, but also with holy gestures and humble heart, praying fervently and contin­ually, that he may enlighten the mind, and take away from the soul all darkness of the body. For, precisely as when our souls are moved by some ordinary cause, so the soul moves all the members of the body to contribute something toward the accomplishment of a contemplated work. Therefore, the great Creator, when he is worshipped in spirit and in truth, and when no unnecessary things are asked of Him, when the prayer is devoutly preferred, will cause the lower order of creatures to yield obedience to the wishes of man, according to their state, order, and calling, for man was made in the image and likeness of God, and en­dowed with reason and working under the favor of God, he will obtain his desire through faith and wisdom : first, from the stars and from the heavens by the rational reflections of His spirit; second, by the animal kingdom, through his senses; third, by the elements, through his fourfold body.

Therefore, man binds all creatures through comparison, by calling upon the higher power, through the name and power which governs one thing, and thereafter through the lower things themselves, etc.

And now, he who desires to become master of the working of the soul, must become familiar with the order of all things, just as they are ob­tained by God in their proper state, from the highest to the lowest, through natural connections, that he may descend as if from a ladder. On this account the Heathens committed the error of worshipping the planets and fixed stars, not because they heard but because they were moved by the powers which governed them and were, at the same time, impelled thereto by the influence of their founder and creator. And in this manner, likewise, Christian nations have committed the error of pay­ing homage to departed saints and giving honor to the creature which belongs only to the Creator, and God is a jealous God and will not permit the worship of idols. The prayer of faith, therefore, in proper language, and for proper objects, is intimately related to the name of God, from which we descend by words, from one to the other, following each other out of a natural relationship, in order to accomplish something.

The son, therefore, prevails upon the father that he may support him, although the father may not do so willingly; still since he is his offspring he must calculate to maintain him. How much greater care our heavenly Father must feel for us, if we serve him in a proper manner?

He who desires the influence of the Sun, must not only direct his eyes toward it, but he must elevate his soul-power to the soul-power of the Sun, which is God himself, having previously made himself equal to God, by fasting, purification and good works, but he must also pray in the name of the intermediary, with fervent love to God, and his fellow-man that he may come to the sun-spirit, so that he may be filled with its light and luster, which he may draw to himself from heaven, and that he may be­come gifted with heavenly gifts and obtain all the desires of his heart; and as soon as he grasps the higher light and arrives at a state of perfec­tion, being gifted with supernatural intelligence, he will also obtain super­natural might and power. For this reason, without godliness, man will deny his faith in Christ, and will become unacceptable to God, therewith often falling a prey to the evil spirits against whom there is no better protection than the fear of the Lord and fervent love to God and man.

Most people who are skilled in divine works, and who possess the right to command spirits, must be worthy by nature or become worthy by education and discipline for their calling — must keep all their works secret, but may not conceal it from a true and pious person. Dignity of birth comes from station, but it is due to Saturn, the Sun, Mercury, or Mars that he is made prosperous — that he is learned in physics, metaphysics, and theology.

SOURCE: The Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses

I commend your patience and compassion in sharing this much info despite some of the audience not deserving to access it. Bless your heart.

I wouldn't have bovvered..lol wink
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:
Thanks Sarassin.

I would reason that prayer is tantamount to meditation as far as spiritual parlance is concerned. Check it, I never read about, for example, Jesus meditating. Whereas there is ample evidence of Jesus praying...

I'm very keen to read Sarrassins response to this post regarding prayer vs meditation...

Although I'm still a bit ticked off at a sarcastic response he gave to a very serious comment I made in a topic a few days back.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:
Thanks Sarassin.

Agreed, Jesus prayed but we see also in Matt 4:1-11 He is led in spirit in the wilderness and fasts for 40 days during which he faces enormous temptations. In meditative state Jesus was constrained to make a choice between his human desires and divine aspirations. When you pray your dialogue is external, when you meditate your dialogue is internal.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
parisienne:

Although I'm still a bit ticked off at a sarcastic response he gave to a very serious comment I made in a topic a few days back.

Dear Parisienne, there was no intention of sarcasm on my part towards you, I would never do that. I meant in that post to say that I had actually counselled a few women with respect to the animal Spirit of Rabbit, which actually is a Divine emissary of fertility. I am sorry if you read it wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 10:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
parisienne:

I'm very keen to read Sarrassins response to this post regarding prayer vs meditation...

Some will reason that meditation implies a subjective "looking within" kinda thought process, whereas prayer is to "communicate" in a two-way process, that is, exchange of thoughts and ideas with a higher being etc

They will further reason that that higher being is within you and that takes us back to the base of their argument that meditation deals with internal thought process, rather than exchange process.

Frankly, I simply think to meditate is to think/pray/commune with one's heart....see Psalm 4 "Commune with your own heart upon your bed and be STILL!"

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sarassin:

Agreed, Jesus prayed but we see also in Matt 4:1-11 He is led in spirit in the wilderness and fasts for 40 days during which he faces enormous temptations. In meditative state Jesus was constrained to make a choice between his human desires and divine aspirations. When you pray your dialogue is external, when you meditate your dialogue is internal.

Honestly I have already replied and answered this comment above in another response I sent before I had seen this comment to which I am currently replying. I had mentioned that people would think it is "internal" re: mediation....Maybe we can discuss that further afterr u see my response about which I typed above.

Now, being in the spirit simply means "fasting"...it does not imply meditation unless we are broadly stating the obvious that when we are fasting we are meditating at the same time. That is a statement that can be said to be generally correct.

To be in spirit means that we are fasting as we are not sustained by any earthly materia e.g, water from stream, fruits from trees, food from farm etc
A fasting person is exclusively sustained by spiritual provision.

Peace
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sarassin:

Dear Parisienne, there was no intention of sarcasm on my part towards you, I would never do that. I meant in that post to say that I had actually counselled a few women with respect to the animal Spirit of Rabbit, which actually is a Divine emissary of fertility. I am sorry if you read it wrong.

Then please accept my apologies, I must have misinterpreted that post.

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

Some will reason that meditation implies a subjective "looking within" kinda thought process, whereas prayer is to "communicate" in a two-way process, that is, exchange of thoughts and ideas with a higher being etc

They will further reason that that higher being is within you and that takes us back to the base of their argument that meditation deals with internal thought process, rather than exchange process.

Frankly, I simply think to meditate is to think/pray/commune with one's heart....see Psalm 4 "Commune with your own heart upon your bed and be STILL!"

Nice contribution.

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
parisienne:

Nice contribution.

Sorry I forgot to add that all my Bible references are from King James version (KJV)

Peace

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

Honestly I have already replied and answered this comment above in another response I sent before I had seen this comment to which I am currently replying. I had mentioned that people would think it is "internal" re: mediation....Maybe we can discuss that further afterr u see my response about which I typed above.

Now, being in the spirit simply means "fasting"...it does not imply meditation unless we are broadly stating the obvious that when we are fasting we are meditating at the same time. That is a statement that can be said to be generally correct.

To be in spirit means that we are fasting as we are not sustained by any earthly materia e.g, water from stream, fruits from trees, food from farm etc

Peace

Having said that, we all fast daily.....When we sleep! Imagine how fat we would all be if we didn't fast whilst sleeping? shocked

That's why we wake up and eat "Break-fast" in order to break our fast. wink
Now its clear to see why sleep is, indeed, a very spiritual affair.

Peace
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by vikithor(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2017
@ sixth n seventh books of Moses,
The word of my Lord,saviour,elder brother,Jesus;his father,God and by the help of the sweet companion,holy spirit,I testified that I am contented with the gospel,for it is the power of God unto salvation

I need no 5,6,7,8,9th ..... book

-The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Days Saints,
Restoring the original n complete gospel of Christ in this generation
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

Peace

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I agree with you that broadly speaking meditation is a practice of looking inwards. Different things mean different things to different people therefore to me, meditative practice is not necessarily the same that could apply to Christian introspection. There is an entire vista of meditation that is not apparent to Christianity, which in my view is far more powerful than prayer.

So when I use the term meditation, I use it in the Eastern form that it is a gateway to Man’s spirituality. Progenitors of the great religions of the world, be it Christianity, Islam or Hinduism have all mastered the art of meditation to attain Gnosis or spiritual enlightenment if you will.

I see fasting as a much more "technical" issue, a form of deprivation which produces within us a state that makes us receptive to the spiritual realm, we can achieve this state in a variety of ways including through sleep deprivation, the practice of Pranayama (rhythmic breathing) and even chanting.

For me, to be in spirit is to be in an altered state of awareness, such that when I cast my gaze on the spirit world, I see and then I choose to be seen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sarassin:

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I agree with you that broadly speaking meditation is a practice of looking inwards. Different things mean different things to different people therefore to me, meditative practice is not necessarily the same that could apply to Christian introspection. There is an entire vista of meditation that is not apparent to Christianity, which in my view is far more powerful than prayer.

So when I use the term meditation, I use it in the Eastern form that it is a gateway to Man’s spirituality. Progenitors of the great religions of the world, be it Christianity, Islam or Hinduism have all mastered the art of meditation to attain Gnosis or spiritual enlightenment if you will.

I see fasting as a much more "technical" issue, a form of deprivation which produces within us a state that makes us receptive to the spiritual realm, we can achieve this state in a variety of ways including through sleep deprivation, the practice of Pranayama (rhythmic breathing) and even chanting.

For me, to be in spirit is to be in an altered state of awareness, such that when I cast my gaze on the spirit world, I see and then I choose to be seen.

I hear what you are saying but put it this way, "meditation" is probably a relatively modern term compared to "commune with your own heart" which was perhaps more commonly used to describe the act of meditation in King James' time. I try to keep everything in life simple and I have found life more interesting that way.

I try to live like an ancient man who knows God and fears the King so I do as the King directs and I haven't heard the king(s) say that anything was more powerful than prayer (aside from, say fasting and giving of alms).

Peace
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

I hear what you are saying but put it this way, "meditation" is probably a relatively modern term compared to "commune with your own heart" which was perhaps more commonly used to describe the act of meditation in King James' time. I try to keep everything in life simple and I have found life more interesting that way.

I try to live like an ancient man who knows God and fears the King so I do as the King directs and I haven't heard the king(s) say that anything was more powerful than prayer (aside from, say fasting and giving of alms).

Peace

Meditative practice has been in use circa 5000BCE, its documented use in the Vedas dates to around 1500BCE so you may agree with me that there’s nothing relatively modern about it. Its use predates even the Canaanite origins of the Book of Psalms that date to around 1000BCE. But I do agree that there’s value in keeping things simple, I bid you a very good evening.

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sarassin:

Meditative practice has been in use circa 5000BCE, its documented use in the Vedas dates to around 1500BCE so you may agree with me that there’s nothing relatively modern about it. Its use predates even the Canaanite origins of the Book of Psalms that date to around 1000BCE. But I do agree that there’s value in keeping things simple, I bid you a very good evening.

I think you may have misunderstood me, I was implying that the term/word/spellings "Meditation" may be relatively modern (Not the actual act of meditation which has always been an ancient practice). The whole point is just to say that mediation and prayer can be interchangeably used espeacially by people who are new to the enlightenment journey.

If I advise someone to pray and he returns to tell me that he did not pray but he meditated instead, I'll be happy for him. Likewise, if I ask him to meditate and he returns to say that he had prayed instead, I will be pleased with him same way. I don't think two people should disagree simply because one meditates and the other prays. Humanity need to focus more on what is ion common, not on differences.

Have a nice night too...

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
otemanuduno:

The gods exist, the angels exist. All angels term their angel 'antagonists' the names demons.
The gods exist(jehovah, Vishnu, Odin, Jupiter, etc.) All gods term their rival gods Satan/devil but in the actual fact, only one Satan exists, and his name is Jehovah.

Some strange and offensive comments right there, mate.
But each to his own...
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by AlvanT(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2017
Sarassin:

Sir is it my mere imagination if I see zombies in my dream or even get a bit from one? and how can I master the act of lucid dreaming?
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by AlvanT(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2017
Sarassin:

Which is more effective prayer or meditation,I meaning in terms of making your desires known to God/the Universe Sir.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
AlvanT:
Which is more effective prayer or meditation,I meaning in terms of making your desires known to God/the Universe Sir.

I guess we can't answer that question until we have agreed on teh difference between prayer and meditation (if at all there is any difference!)
As far as prayer is concerned, I'm happy to be like "Christ" and pray too...I read about prophets who meditated I would also copy them, though as previously said Psalm 4 exhorts us to meditate, although it doesn't use the words "Meditate".

Cheers
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
AlvanT:

It is not really a question of either, or Meditation serves to clear and focus the mind and make you receptive. Your prayer (I always state my will) is equally important and must be properly framed in clear concise terms that your sub-conscious can process. It is in fact your subconscious that delivers your prayers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sarassin:

It is not really a question of either, or Meditation serves to clear and focus the mind and make you receptive. Your prayer (I always state my will) is equally important and must be properly framed in clear concise terms that your sub-conscious can process. It is in fact your subconscious that delivers your prayers.

This will imply that meditation and prayers are the same thing.
Psalm 1, 4 and 19 (KJV) refer to acts of "meditation", although Psalm 4 did not expressly term it "meditation". Therefore it is correct to say that there are Biblical pointers to 'meditation'; however, my reasoning is that such acts that are considered meditation are also referred to as "prayers" in other parts of the Bible.

For example, whereas we have "The Lord's Prayer"; there is nothing like "The Lord's meditation"; this is not to imply that the "Lord" is incapable of meditating. I guess it simply means that they have referred to that specific act of meditation as "Prayer".

There's no conclusive evidence that a conclusive biblical distinction exist between prayer and meditation. Hence the reason why I personally feel that there is, indeed, no difference between the two terms and I certainly use the two words interchangeably.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Tampinu:

This will imply that meditation and prayers are the same thing.
Psalm 1, 4 and 19 (KJV) refer to acts of "meditation", although Psalm 4 did not expressly term it "meditation". Therefore it is correct to say that there are Biblical pointers to 'meditation'; however, my reasoning is that such acts that are considered meditation are also referred to as "prayers" in other parts of the Bible.

For example, whereas we have "The Lord's Prayer"; there is nothing like "The Lord's meditation"; this is not to imply that the "Lord" is incapable of meditating. I guess it simply means that they have referred to that specific act of meditation as "Prayer".

There's no conclusive evidence that a conclusive biblical distinction exist between prayer and meditation. Hence the reason why I personally feel that there is, indeed, no difference between the two terms and I certainly use the two words interchangeably.

It depends largely on if you define meditation by very narrow biblical terms. The Lord’s Prayer is exactly that, a prayer, a supplication to Divine God. But we can in fact meditate on the Lord’s Prayer, in parts we can meditate on the Hallowed names of God, on Divine will, Forgiveness and Divine Glory. This then removes one from the role of the supplicant and places one on the path of an inwards journey towards the form of God.

Irrespective of biblical distinction I would not use the terms interchangeably, in my view they are two different things entirely, we simply agree to disagree.
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 4:39am On Jul 21, 2017
Sarassin:

It depends largely on if you define meditation by very narrow biblical terms. The Lord’s Prayer is exactly that, a prayer, a supplication to Divine God. But we can in fact meditate on the Lord’s Prayer, in parts we can meditate on the Hallowed names of God, on Divine will, Forgiveness and Divine Glory. This then removes one from the role of the supplicant and places one on the path of an inwards journey towards the form of God.

Irrespective of biblical distinction I would not use the terms interchangeably, in my view they are two different things entirely, we simply agree to disagree.

I hear what you are saying, but as I have said I have no evidence of "the Lord's meditation", whereas there is ample proof that the Lord did pray; having said that, I am not really coming from a standpoint that says that the Bible is the ultimate authority on the definition of meditation, just stating that that (Biblical definitions) is where I'm coming from.

As far as eye can see, the Bible seems to use the term interchangeably.

For example, in the Book of Samuel;

1 Samuel 1:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

Now, is it correct to describe Hannah as "praying"? Is it equally right to say that Hannah was "meditating"? Or are we to say it is wrong to describe Hannah as "meditating"? The point is, the communication can be internal and represent an exchange at teh same time!

Based on Psalm 19, I am inclined to say that Hannah was meditating as it was "in her heart"; but based on Hannah's own admission in verse 15 (and on Sarassin's comments that a Prayer keeps the person praying in a supplicant's role) we have no other option but to classify Hannah's act as a "Prayer"!
She was, according to verse 15, very obviously a supplicant at that moment, not looking within but pouring out her soul to God!

1 Samuel 1:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord.

Check it, Psalm 19 says "let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart..", it could as well have interchangeably stated:

"And the prayers of my heart!!" (Just like Hannah)

Also, my earlier replies should show that I understand perfectly the reasoning and arguments of those who see prayer and meditation as different activities (for I had even spelt out the specific nature of that argument); that is, they reason that meditation is internal and prayer is an externalised exchange communication with a higher power.

Finally, your comment above only goes to buttress my point that the two acts can be interchangeably used. For example:

But we can in fact meditate on the Lord’s Prayer, in parts we can meditate on the Hallowed names of God, on Divine will, Forgiveness and Divine Glory. This then removes one from the role of the supplicant and places one on the path of an inwards journey towards the form of God.

I can rightly say, likewise:

"But we can in fact PRAY on the "Lord's Prayer" (to ask for it to be kept safely in our hearts etc), in parts we can PRAY on the Hallowed names of God, on Divine will, Forgiveness and Divine Glory. This then keeps one in the role of the supplicant (I don't mind perpetually remaining in a supplicant's role as Jesus taught us in the Lord's prayer), and places one on the path of an inwards journey towards the form of God. (To acknowledge and be expectant of the God within, to whom we have prayed, just as Jesus had taught that the temple is within you!)....seen?

How about that? But like you said, agreement may preceed disagreement.

Walk good.

1 Like

Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Tampinu(m): 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
vikithor:
@ sixth n seventh books of Moses,
The word of my Lord,saviour,elder brother,Jesus;his father,God and by the help of the sweet companion,holy spirit,I testified that I am contented with the gospel,for it is the power of God unto salvation

I need no 5,6,7,8,9th ..... book

-The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Days Saints,
Restoring the original n complete gospel of Christ in this generation

Are you saying that the 6th and 7th books of Moses are not the word of my Lord,saviour,elder brother,Jesus;his father,God?
But if you use the Bible in your church, it means that you already using the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Books of Moses...
Is there any specific reason why you dislike the numbers 6,7,8, and 9?
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Hopemoney(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please your email
Re: Sixth & Seventh Books Of Moses Initiates Meet Here by Beyhiodie(m): 1:55am On Jul 26, 2017
hehehehehehehe. All these he posted was to scare me away on purpose. As per madness, I can't run mad. Am still determined to learn d way to use d book. Initiate means priest. I clearly can't be a priest. Thanks for d warning tho. I found out something, everytime u warn me, I always disobey and nothing bad happens. Remember dat kundalini stuff, I downloaded 30 binaural beats and even took a substance(I g b o) but still am standing. If dat one no make me run mad, na dis one?. Lols
The reason why you are still standing is that God is expecting you to change your ways. It's called second chance and not everybody get it. Repent and be born again. Leave the dark fro the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bat Sent From The Village To Our Home Hangs Dead On Our Electric Pole / The Ibibio Jews Of Nigeria - By Barry Floyd 1969 / "Shepherd Bushiri 'Heals' Lady With HIV During Church Service" - Prophet Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.