Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? (101441 Views)

Femi Falana And Wife, Funmi Falana At The Falz Experience All Loved Up (Photos) / Tosin Etomi With Funmi Wellington: Adesua's Brother & Banky W Brother Pictured / Funmi Iyanda Raises Her Skirts To Prove That She Is Not Bleaching (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by judedwriter(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
Sweet funmi adams and her sweet sweet voice... Sorely missed cry
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by doublewisdom: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
No independence day was complete without her songs.

6 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:33am On Feb 29, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 12:14am On Mar 07, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by sharks776(m): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
I really had a wonderful evening today listening to Funmi Adams "Nigeria my beloved country" can't to hear about her. Op, more grace to your elbow

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by GrandMaztaC(m): 4:05am On Apr 01, 2016
Good morning guyz n happy new month..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by jeffizy(m): 6:22am On Apr 01, 2016
As a kid back then, I always get goosebumps listening to the music.
It made me a believer in the project called Nigeria. Even till now, despite the odds.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
warrenweste:

The lijadu sisters are very much alive and they are in Germany the case of funmi adams is mysterious because her disappearance even shocked her producer and the entire team and a search party has already been sent to look for the professor who is her best friend patiently waiting for the outcome before dumping the research,and the search team is more particular about getting her All we need is love videos since her case appear more spiritual than physical smiley

How far na?? We've been waiting since October last year.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
warrenweste:

yea the university where professor eugba worked replied my mail telling me hes retired but will contact him and get back to me,plus i also met someone online who was part of the kings college team and was in the nigeria my beloved country's video and he said he also lived at 1005 flat and know a little about funmi,am also still waiting to hear from him...as soon as its complied will update the thread
How far with this??
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
rite2salas:
Hey guys,
I came back home to Lagos in Dec and was able to rummage through our old pile of cassette that's been in storage for about 20 years and found this treasure. I'll send this off to the best place to convert VHS to digital quality and upload to youtube. I was first person to put up "Nigeria my Beloved Country" on youtube smiley.
How far pls? We are still waiting...

You promised us since January.
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
OCTAVO:

How far na?? We've been waiting since October last year.

still waiting to hear from the school rep who mailed me then while my friend over there has been busy and not to chanced to go to the school in person..someone mailed me claiming he was part of the crew who composed the song for aunty funmi and he said he will tell me more about some weird details but strangely i haven't hear from him till date..

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
i met another guy online who claimed that his niece was one of the little girl then singing:the nigeria my belovede country chorus and claimed she died few years ago embarassed embarassed...m hoping before summer i will be able to get more clues and info from the search party and even send more friends travelling to the U.S to the university ..i was also in NTA abeokuta last month i was told to come back but havent had time to go

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
warrenweste:

still waiting to hear from the school rep who mailed me then while my friend over there has been busy and not to chanced to go to the school in person..someone mailed me claiming he was part of the crew who composed the song for aunty funmi and he said he will tell me more about some weird details but strangely i haven't hear from him till date..
Nawa o
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
yea these year looks promising smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by shagking: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2016
Weldon OP
i admire your tenacity for the past 8 to 10 years. i hope you are able to resolve the mysteries and get the video.
Funmi deserve more from all Nigerians. she is a true hero of Unity. i think references should be made about her in our schools.

PLEASE RULE OUT THE ''akudaya'' MYTH previously suggested as it will not help us to get any result. you must be positive until you get a logical conclusion or quit the search. i want to believe some other folks are also trying to get information about her and will update the house if they have any positive news.

6 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 6:08am On Apr 10, 2016
warrenweste:

Kindly mail the person a reminder. I really appreciate the work you all are doing. You're all heroic to me. Personally the periods I heard Funmi Adams songs were the happiest parts of my childhood. And I feel very happy to reconnect by listening to few ones you have dug out and posted here.
grin
warrenweste:

Kindly mail the person a reminder. I really appreciate the work you all are doing. You're all heroic to me. Personally the periods I heard Funmi Adams songs were the happiest parts of my childhood. And I feel very happy to reconnect by listening to few ones you have dug out and posted here.
Thank you all for your efforts

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mildflame: 12:48am On Apr 11, 2016
warrenweste:
Its another independence day celebration and 25 years after the lovely Album All we need is love was released by the great funmi adams and cbs sony records then way back 1990,even though the country has not improved much since the song was released but at least with the new govt now we are facing a new direction for greatness.

Her most famous song was Nigeria my beloved country

First Stanza
I know a lot about my country
I know a lot because I care;
I know a lot about the (pronounced der) people
I know a lot because I’m here.

Chorus:
Nigeria, my beloved country (pronounced and elongated as ‘be-loo-ved ‘)
Working together is the key
Nigeria, my beloved country, our future is you and me

Second Stanza
Land of iron, land of coal
Agriculture, oil and coal
They are assets that we own
Round the (pronounced as ‘der’) world, our name is known

Chorus:

Third Stanza
I know we have a great potential
To do more than just survive
Let’s build up our strength and pride
Trust in God to be our God

Chorus:

her other songs include

All we need is love

Mama

Omode o

ina gizon yake

Aha ye yaro

Nnem nnem nnemo

Omolasho

and so on

The Purpose of these thread is to try to uncover the mystery of funmi adams who seem to have disappeared without no trace for the past 23 years according to the executive producer ..Tunde alabi Hundeyin(Dudu music),so deep is her mystery that almost everybody that use to work for her then even couldn't trace her or were even no where to be found besides the producer Tunde akins and editor tunde obalana.
Is these how we will just let these beautiful songstress disappear with her works which inspired an entire nation with songs of unification on brotherhood,sisterhood and what it means to be patriotic.

N.B...Pls if you have any of her vhs/vcd pls signify so we can at least revive her works again (and pls forgive my typos) Thanks smiley

Thank GOD I stumbled unto this thread, MEN GOD BLESS u DIE!!! I can't express my emotion, U WILL SUCCEED my brother n I will follow thru coz personally it remains the GREATEST musical piece to be produced in this Country.

11 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2016
Nezero:

grin

Thank you all for your efforts

You welcome bro and thanks for checking the thread to..have sent many mails n am hopeful we will get a breakthrough these year smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 11:12am On Apr 11, 2016
mildflame:

Thank GOD I stumbled unto this thread, MEN GOD BLESS u DIE!!! I can't express my emotion, U WILL SUCCEED my brother n I will follow thru coz personally it remains the GREATEST musical piece to be produced in this Country.

Amen bro and thanks for your words of encouragement,as soon as i have any updated info will inform everyone here smiley
Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by mbatuku1: 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nigeria na really useless country o. How can such a talent be unaccounted for? Or if she truly chose to laylow, why would she do that? Was she exploited by her promoters?

P.S: I strongly believed she's alive and hiding away from attention. Why? I can't still figure.

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by pitipom: 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
I thought I was the only one looking for her till I stumbled upon this thread.
How can such a great music icon just disappear with no trace? If she passed on, how come no one has details,so her fans will at least find closure?
Aunty Funmi,my childhood is incomplete without your songs. I miss you lots.
Thank you guys for creating this thread. Lets keep the hunt for Funmi Adams going.

6 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
mbatuku1:
Nigeria na really useless country o. How can such a talent be unaccounted for? Or if she truly chose to laylow, why would she do that? Was she exploited by her promoters?

P.S: I strongly believed she's alive and hiding away from attention. Why? I can't still figure.

I'm guessing the military governments that were in power may have had something to do with it.

Maybe she got very rich and decided to lay low. Or perhaps she might be privy to some secrets of national importance.. ( I don't intend starting a conspiracy theory though. May God bless her for her efforts to make the world a happier place)

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2016
Nezero:

I'm guessing the military governments that were in power may have had something to do with it.

Maybe she got very rich and decided to lay low. Or perhaps she might be privy to some secrets of national importance.. ( I don't intend starting a conspiracy theory though. May God bless her for her efforts to make the world a happier place)

You know have really been thinking about that... I guess she knows something we don't because she was so close to Mariam alot and other military officer's family

4 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2016
Nezero:

Pls If u know anything saybit here its over 26-27 years that's 89-90 and we are no longer in the military regime

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by Nezero(m): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
warrenweste:

Pls If u know anything saybit here its over 26-27 years that's 89-90 and we are no longer in the military regime

Hahaha, bros I don't know anything o. But I'm determined to keep looking. I really love the woman and her songs..

I love all the comments here too. It's the way God made us, to show appreciation for something that touches us positively.

Personally, I wish some of my Uncles and Aunties didn't spoil their children like Funmi Adams advised against in her 'Omode' song.. It's sad to see how some of those kids turned out.

.. And with her sound moral knowledge, I think she must have been a religious person or related to a religiously prominent family.

2 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by doublewisdom: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
The good old days of good music and musicians.

3 Likes

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by ccffwx: 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
I love her songs and learnt a lot from her. Simple and great African woman.

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by warrenweste(m): 5:24am On Apr 16, 2016
Nezero:

Hahaha, bros I don't know anything o. But I'm determined to keep looking. I really love the woman and her songs..

I love all the comments here too. It's the way God made us, to show appreciation for something that touches us positively.

Personally, I wish some of my Uncles and Aunties didn't spoil their children like Funmi Adams advised against in her 'Omode' song.. It's sad to see how some of those kids turned out.

.. And with her sound moral knowledge, I think she must have been a religious person or related to a religiously prominent family.

yea your rite but was told funmi had no kids still doubt it sha

1 Like

Re: The Hunt For Funmi Adams: Dead Or Alive? by OCTAVO: 9:34am On Apr 16, 2016
Na 80's kids fit connect better with Funmi Adams. angry
In fact early 80's to mid 80's.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor And Roman Goddess Compare Massive Boobs. See Who Wins(video, Pic) / Patience Oseni Is Dead! Battled Stroke / Nollywood Actress, Chinedu Bernard Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.