Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) (11885 Views)

List Your Top 5 Favorite Nairaland Writers / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Rant: Nairaland Writers Are Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yes! It's back again! cheesy

One of the most exciting events of the Nairaland Literature Section is back again!

This is the third season of the popular NWC that began in 2013.

Check out the first season (2013) here

And the second season (2014) here

Below is the list of writers who have participated in the collaboration so far (including their popular works on Nairaland)

-Season 1-

Chapter One: Larry Sun Black Maria

Chapter Two: Frank317 (Frank Anozie) Secrets of the Gods

Chapter Three: Redmosquito Sango: Return of Lightning

Chapter Four: EfemenaXY Mysterious Depths (https://my.bookbaby.com/book/mysterious-depths)

Chapter Five: MaziOmenuko NYSC: National Year of Sex and Comfort

Chapter Six: Oahray Patch of Black

Chapter Seven: Sigmundfreud

Chapter Eight: Ishilove "The Place of Rest" - Wasimi Chronicles

Chapter Nine: Uniquexty

Chapter Ten: HumbledbYGrace Jewels of Africa

Chapter Eleven: Frosti

Chapter Twelve: Mynd44 The Guardians - Rise of the Powers that Be

Chapter Thirteen: Larry Sun

Chapter Fourteen: Rapmaestro Love in my Favour

-Season 2-

Chapter One: Larry Sun

Chapter Two: Frank317 (Frank Anozie)

Chapter Three: Repogirl (Peju Amadi) False Pretenses

Chapter Four: TemitopeDaniel The Unknown

Chapter Five: Therock5555 The Preacher's Son

Chapter Six: PrettySpicey (T.M Spice) Take Me As I AM

Chapter Seven: Kayemjay (Kevin John) An Evening with Eva

Chapter Eight: MaziOmenuko

Chapter Nine: AudreyTimms Unfulfilled Promises

Chapter Ten: OMA4U Patron of Matrimony

Chapter Eleven: Divepen1 The Unknown Shadows

Chapter Twelve: KingzPen On the Run

Chapter Thirteen: HumbledbYGrace

Chapter Fourteen: Chistar01 Why I Want to be Bad

Chapter Fifteen: D9ty7 All in a Circle

Chapter Sixteen: Royver I See Things Others do not See

If you are a writer who is interested in participating in the third season, let us discuss your eligibility.

For the readers: Let us know which of your favourite writers you would love to see participate in this exciting project. smiley

Below is the current list of participating writers for this third season. The list shall be duly updated as more writers join. The timetable shall come up as soon as the list is complete.

1. Larry Sun

2. Llaykorn

3. Slap1

4. EfemenaXY

5. ÓluwabuqqyYOLO

6. Divepen1

7. Nuges11

8. Dygeasy

9. Greeneyes

10. Oahray

11. Royver

12. Sveen

13. EggovinMma

14. Frosti

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by socially4fun: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Any room for upcoming writers?
That been said I'd like to see cc royver, fembleez1, nuges11, stag and maziOmenuko feature in this project.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by llaykorn: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Larrysun, I'm interested in doing this.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by slap1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
I'm interested. What's the eligibility? And what is the NWC about?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
What is Nairaland Writers Collaboration all about?

The collaboration was inspired by the British Detection Club, which is a private association of writers of detective fiction in Great Britain, existing chiefly for the purpose of eating dinners together at suitable intervals and of talking inimitable plots. Its membership is confined to those who have written genuine stories (published or otherwise). Hence my zeal to create one in Nairaland.

This collaboration amounts that the interested writers pledge themselves to participate in the project with the public and with their fellow writers.

A member writer must write as good English as he can.

Now, a word about the conditions under which NWC is created.

Each contributor to the story tackles the mystery/problems or clues presented in the preceding chapters without having the slightest idea of what the previous authors have in mind about how the story will end.

Each contributor will post a chapter in accordance with the agreed timetable for the pleasure of the readers.

Each writer is bound to deal faithfully with all the difficulties left for him by his predecessors. He must not dismiss them as caprice or accidental, or present an explanation inconsistent with them...he must give a coherent and plausible-enough explanation.

Each writer may introduce a possible clue either for the mystery to be easily solved or to make it more complicated for the subsequent contributors. Naturally, as the clues become in process of time more numerous, the solutions grow more complicated and precise, while the general outlines of the plot gradually harden and fix themselves. Where one writer may have laid down a clue, thinking that it could point only in one obvious direction, the succeeding writers may manage to make it point in a direction exactly opposite. And it is here, perhaps, that the problem gets more interesting and quite hard to crack.

Whether the collaboration will succeed in amusing the innocent readers is mainly for the readers to judge.

Each contributor may create any new character but the character must be unique and have a definite bearing in the plot. If one character creates a stammerer, no subsequent writer must make the stammerer speak coherently without a convincing reason behind the sudden miracle.

The creator of the thread (Larry Sun) shall write the first chapter, from which other writers will create their own subsequent chapters.

In accordance with the timetable, a chapter would be posted and this would give the next writer enough time to prepare the next chapter. A writer, after having contributed a chapter, may not have to contribute any other until after about a month or thereabout, depending on the number of participants in the project.

This is a discussion thread where I'm hereby soliciting the participation of interested writers.

Each writer may have to drop his whatsapp number where I'd be able to reach him privately and tell him what chapter he'd be updating and the date he'd post the chapter. Otherwise, the timetable would be posted publicly as agreed by everyone.

Each writer must ensure that his chapter is critically checked and error-free before getting posted. There, however, shouldn't be any juvenile plotting, jejune dialogue, banal characterization, puerile description, illogical exposition or erratic transition.

A minimum of ten writers is required or as much as fifteen or twenty. This would give a writer enough respite after posting his own chapter. So, after the writers are assembled, they could interact and share ideas privately/publicly before the chapters are posted. My job, however, would be to post the first chapter for the others to create their plots from. After all the members have posted their chapters, then the next chapter shall be posted by me and it continues from there. We may have as much as thirty or fifty chapters, depending on the number of participants. Or, writers may have to post only once; the last writer in that case would write the final chapter.

A new thread would be created for the story itself, which would be titled Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015. Moreso, a stipulated number of words for each chapter (1500words or more) should be strictly acknowledged, and two writers may collaborate to write a single chapter, provided other participants are aware of that and an agreement is made.

More writers are still needed to join. So, if you're worthy, please let us know.

I know we've got an abundance of great writers in Nairaland.

Thank you,

God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
socially4fun:
Any room for upcoming writers?
That been said I'd like to see cc royver, fembleez1, nuges11, stag and maziOmenuko feature in this project.
Yes, sir. There is room for upcoming writers too. But they should be very good, with samples of their previous works. The main idea of the collaboration is for writers of different genres to work together.

I also hope your favourite writers show their interests in the project.

Thank you, sir.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2015
llaykorn:
Larrysun, I'm interested in doing this.
Okay, sir. I've seen some of your works. You're a good writer. You're in.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
slap1:
I'm interested. What's the eligibility? And what is the NWC about?
You're a nice writer too. You're in, sir.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Fembleez1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Socially4fun, I'm so sorry to disappoint you bro sad - I can't do this. I'm as callow as a frightened kitten. Would rather have meself be a student here; to learn from the masters of the art. cry
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by EfemenaXY: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
Count me in Larry. What's the theme for this round?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by socially4fun: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Fembleez1:
Socially4fun, I'm so sorry to disappoint you bro sad - I can't do this. I'm as callow as a frightened kitten. Would rather have meself be a student here; to learn from the masters of the art. cry
Okay buddy. Pls let me be your seat partner in this class. So you could at least put me through in whatever seems not so clear to me; I'm usually shy of asking the "masters" any questions in class directly.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by EfemenaXY: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
LarrySun:
Yes! It's back again! cheesy
One of the most exciting events of the Nairaland Literature Section is back again!
This is the third season of the popular NWC that began in 2013.
Check out the first season (2013) here
And the second season (2014) here
Below is the list of writers who have participated in the collaboration so far (including their popular works on Nairaland)
-Season 1-
Chapter One: Larry Sun Black Maria
Chapter Two: Frank317 (Frank Anozie) Secrets of the Gods
Chapter Three: Redmosquito Sango: Return of Lightning
Chapter Four: EfemenaXY: Mysterious Depths: https://my.bookbaby.com/book/mysterious-depths
Chapter Five: MaziOmenuko NYSC: National Year of Sex and Comfort
Chapter Six: Oahray Patch of Black
Chapter Seven: Sigmundfreud
Chapter Eight: Ishilove "The Place of Rest" - Wasimi Chronicles
Chapter Nine: Uniquexty
Chapter Ten: HumbledbYGrace Jewels of Africa
Chapter Eleven: Frosti
Chapter Twelve: Mynd44 The Guardians - Rise of the Powers that Be
Chapter Thirteen: Larry Sun
Chapter Fourteen: Rapmaestro Love in my Favour
-Season 2-
Chapter One: Larry Sun
Chapter Two: Frank317 (Frank Anozie)
Chapter Three: Repogirl (Peju Amadi) False Pretenses
Chapter Four: TemitopeDaniel The Unknown
Chapter Five: Therock5555 The Preacher's Son
Chapter Six: PrettySpicey (T.M Spice) Take Me As I AM
Chapter Seven: Kayemjay (Kevin John) An Evening with Eva
Chapter Eight: MaziOmenuko
Chapter Nine: AudreyTimms Unfulfilled Promises
Chapter Ten: OMA4U Patron of Matrimony
Chapter Eleven: Divepen1 The Unknown Shadows
Chapter Twelve: KingzPen On the Run
Chapter Thirteen: HumbledbYGrace
Chapter Fourteen: Chistar01 Why I Want to be Bad
Chapter Fifteen: D9ty7 All in a Circle
Chapter Sixteen: Royver I See Things Others do not See
If you are a writer who is interested in participating in the third season, let us discuss your eligibility.
For the readers: Let us know which of your favourite writers you would love to see participate in this exciting project. smiley

Below is the current list of participating writers for this third season. The list shall be duly updated as more writers join.
1. Larry Sun
2. Llaykorn
3. Slap1

Amended. angry angry angry

Why d'you wanna treat me as though I'm a novice writer?? undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Bhenehdikt(m): 12:15am On Oct 02, 2015
I guess i'll be at your back then @fembleez1 and socially4fun.

would have loved to join but sit back and learn from the masters.

@Larrysun,can any writer join the train midway throught the project?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 12:32am On Oct 02, 2015
Bhenehdikt:

No, sir. I'm sorry. We are soliciting for interested writers now. As soon as we have enough participants and the timetable is out, no other party would be added.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Bhenehdikt(m): 12:39am On Oct 02, 2015
LarrySun:
No, sir. I'm sorry. We are soliciting for interested writers now. As soon as we have enough participants and the timetable is out, no other party would be added.

Roger that sire!
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 12:49am On Oct 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Count me in Larry. What's the theme for this round?

WOW!!! cheesy Darling Efe! It's so nice to have you here! This collaboration is going to be awesome!

As soon as the list is complete, we shall discuss what the theme would be.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by LarrySun(m): 12:52am On Oct 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Amended. angry angry angry

Why d'you wanna treat me as though I'm a novice writer?? undecided undecided
LOL! I'm so sorry. I checked the topics on your profile, all I could find were jokes. cheesy

But the error has now been corrected. Forgive me, ma'am.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Fembleez1(m): 1:03am On Oct 02, 2015
socially4fun:

Okay buddy. Pls let me be your seat partner in this class. So you could at least put me through in whatever seems not so clear to me; I'm usually shy of asking the "masters" any questions in class directly.

It will be a pleasure to be of help in that medium - chum. wink
Bhenehdikt:

Very nice then, bro! cool
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 5:56am On Oct 02, 2015
were is Dyoungsar?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2015
Fembleez1:
cry
Oga boss?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Fembleez1(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2015
stuff46:

Oga boss?

Boss, na you o! How far? cheesy
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2015
LarrySun:
LOL! I'm so sorry. I checked the topics on your profile, all I could find were jokes. cheesy

But the error has now been corrected. Forgive me, ma'am.

I am interested, i wrote the story MY FATHER'S WIFE 1 & 2 with my known name johnysky...

here are the links

http://www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/my-fathers-wife/

http://www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/my-fathers-wife-2-wrath-of-lust-by-johnysky/

When the tides of the heart Changes
http://www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/when-the-tide-of-the-heart-changes/

Currently posting Adventures of Johnysky
http://www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/adventures-of-johnysky-2-over-the-fence/

Plight of an Ogbanje
https://www.nairaland.com/2405752/plight-ogbanje-witch-children

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Fembleez1:

Boss, na you o! How far? cheesy

I de lowkey, and you? How life with you? I would love to see you in this collaboration o, stop playing hard to get
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Fembleez1(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2015
stuff46:

I de lowkey, and you? How life with you? I would love to see you in this collaboration o, stop playing hard to get

My life just dey lowkey bro. grin bros, I dey fear die to enter. I no get experience and my skills no reach quarter of those bosses up there. embarassed
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2015
Fembleez1:

My life just dey lowkey bro. grin bros, I dey fear die to enter. I no get experience and my skills no reach quarter of those bosses up there. embarassed

Skills are acquire through determination, hardwork and perceverance.

Success story have been told in trying. No harm in trying ma nigga!
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Bhenehdikt(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2015
Whitemosquito Royver
Where are thou?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2015
I'm in.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Fembleez1(m): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2015
stuff46:

Boss, I promise to try the next collaboration. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will see to that and surely, it will take me places. smiley
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2015
stuff46:

So, did one of your paramours bind you from being a participant, too?
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by Mynd44: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2015
I wish I can join but I dont know how to write
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
So, did one of your paramours bind you from being a participant, too?
Yes, laziness.
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) by stuff46(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2015
Fembleez1:

Boss, I promise to try the next collaboration. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will see to that and surely, it will take me places. smiley

Next year?

Cc. Divepen1 D9ty7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crimson - The right to decide. / Campus Love ( Diary Of A Futo Student) 18+ / Stars 2017 Nairaland Literature Writing Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.