Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria (44385 Views)

List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Live Photos Of Biggest Cultural Festival On The Plateau -NZEM BEROM 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by HerexG(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
whitestar01:
what are u really insinuatin?

Let's free our minds from most westerns jargons and believes polluting our minds, and embrace nd love our culture nd tradition more

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Eziokwu1: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are all neck to neck in population.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Same to u,spanish kid a.k.a mullatoclaro
spanishkid:
Proudly Edo. Happy Independence day Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by basilo101: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
9jacrip:

You just caught the mind of an Ibo on 'tape'.

Obvious and verifiable facts (that they even weild as a type verbal slur) go into oblivion when it comes to them VS others on virtually everything.

in ur usual slavish manner u are already looking for a northerner to queue behind instead of coming up with ur own argument. the guy u quoted even made a point, about polygamy in the north, ur own is just using empty talk on igbos who u must always gang up before u can challenge in anything

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
Fake nod doctored stats ....

Imagine yoruba more populated than igbos in Nigeria .....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
basilo101:

in ur usual slavish manner u are already looking for a northerner to queue behind instead of coming up with ur own argument. the guy u quoted even made a point, about polygamy in the north, ur own is just using empty talk on igbos who u must always gang up before u can challenge in anything

Another trait of the ibo: repition of unfounded tosh based off of emotional tantrums passed on by generations. I'm unmoved.

It is only a mentally slow person who would wait to be told of the level of polygamy in the North and its resultant effect which was witnessed in the last election before they can fall back and not debate Hausa population Versus that of ibo whose total votes from SE states were trumped by just 1 state in the North.

I wonder how you guys are wired to be blind to facts but run with emotional conjectures.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
teeowl:
hausas clearly outnumber igbos in nigeria.... for yorubas, it might be debatable.

That is not a verifiable statement. A great part of the north is sparsely populated, with the core North's population concentrated at only certain places in the North, and in many of those concentrated areas of the North you would find people of Igbo extraction as second in population to the natives. In the entire south-east and almost 50% of south-south or Niger Delta (excluding Abia and Imo), you find Igbo-speaking peoples and in most other non-Igbo states in Nigeria, such as Lagos, Oyo, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja etc., you find the population of Igbo peoples being next in number to the population of the natives. What should that tell you?

Something is just not right about the so-called census of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by abdulkayus(m): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
danjumakolo:
So if the hausas are 35m and the fulanis are 20m.
This makes the Hausa-fulani language 55m.
Also don't forget that parts of ilorin is fulani.

55m simply means they are approximately 33% of naijas population

Hey dude, know that the so call fulanis in Ilorin has been Yorubanised. So there is no more any fulani again in Ilorin
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
postmann:
It is clear that the figures of Nigerias population is doctored to favour the north. Even a pre colonial British soldier who was part of the people that rigged the very first census made a well documented confession.

The Hausa and Fulani have never been found in other major cities in Nigeria in huge numbers except in their own homelands. The places in Nigeria that drives huge population are Lagos and Portharcourt and their nunbers are not sizeable compared to the two other large tribes.
Little wonder the Hausas and Fulanis are always very census conscious, from threatning to pull out of the censors if tribes , state of origin and religion are included and ganging up against the past chairman of the census commision.

Funny how Kano be compared to Lagos the most important city in Africa. Kano should be compared to Warri in terms of population. The then Lagos government was smart to reject the result of such laughable census and conducted her own.
Even Gen Babangida regime conducted a 1990 population censors where the nunber of males where higher than female! I think the UN rejected it.

The large desert-infested region up north are number thieves. They arent that many in numbers.

You can hate me if you must but the truth needs some front roll

True Talk bro.. Hausa are less than 14million if a true Census is carried out.. I think Igbo is the largest ethnic Group in Nigeria Followed by Yoruba.. In Every State In Nigeria Igbo Constitute about 20%-30% Of that state Population ...

Wat your take on This ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by postmann: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
galadima77:

By the power not vested on me by Seun, i hereby declare you confirmed olodo....

Lolz

When you add your political awareness and your humour, man you're one rare breed!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by abduljabbar4(m): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
bigfrancis21:
The Igbo population should be greater than 32 million. The 35 million figure for Hausas in Nigeria seems somewhat exaggerated. There has never been a proper or true census done in Nigeria that truly reflects the actual population of ethnic groups in the country.
Exaggerated? I believe we are currently up to 42 million

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by abduljabbar4(m): 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
IbnSultaan:
proudly Nigerian

Hausa

........Arewa fc
Wow! I thought you are Yoruba
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by postmann: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

True Talk bro.. Hausa are less than 14million if a true Census is carried out.. I think Igbo is the largest ethnic Group in Nigeria Followed by Yoruba.. In Every State In Nigeria Igbo Constitute about 20%-30% Of that state Population ...

Wat your take on This ?
You just said the undiluted truth. Igbos are easily the most populous people in this country.

But that's not all - EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS!
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by tiredface: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
I DON'T BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA BECAUSE WE'RE NOT. PERIOD. THERE'S NO WAY NDI IBGO CAN CONTRIBUTE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL S AND GOD GIVEN TALENTS IN THIS SO CALLED NIGERIA, IM SORRY. EVEN IF THE IGBOS HAVE TO START ALL OVER AND LET NIGERIANS KEEP EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by spanishkid(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
martineverest:
Same to u,spanish kid a.k.a mullatoclaro
Haha. Bros I'm not mulattoclaro o.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
postmann:

You just said the undiluted truth. Igbos are easily the most populous people in this country.

But that's not all - EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS!

Let take for Example Lagos State, Igbos Constitute about 35% of Her population, not to talk of Ogun.. summarizing everything Igbo constitute about 30% Of SW Population.

Now let's move down to SS... Igbos Alone in Warri is about 11% of our population, I know wat an saying, Am from There, Same goes to Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers ,Cross Rivers adding The little indigenous Igbo group in SS, Tat alot of population Bro.. let's just say 30%..

to be continued

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by 4stylz: 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

I still honestly doubt the Igbos outnumber the Fulbe, don't even start with the Hausas. You always assault us because of our high rate of reproduction yet you refuse to accept how large our population is. You my friend are a joke. Classic case of overdosing on the haterade.

You are all bunch of idiots; reproducing like fishes terrorists

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by postmann: 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Now let's move down to SS... Igbos Alone in Warri is about 11% of our population, I know wat an saying, Am from There

to be continued

I cant be precise with other regions, but in Warri , Igbos are way , way more than 11% in Warri. They run almost neck and neck with the indegenous population.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by kodlins(f): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2015
ZelrothCloven:

I still honestly doubt the Igbos outnumber the Fulbe, don't even start with the Hausas. You always assault us because of our high rate of reproduction yet you refuse to accept how large our population is. You my friend are a joke. Classic case of overdosing on the haterade.
Hausa/Fulani combined is larger than Igbo's.
But not Hausa or Fulani alone.

I do history well for school o

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
9jacrip:

Another trait of the ibo: repition of unfounded tosh based off of emotional tantrums passed on by generations. I'm unmoved.

It is only a mentally slow person who would wait to be told of the level of polygamy in the North and its resultant effect which was witnessed in the last election before they can fall back and not debate Hausa population Versus that of ibo whose total votes from SE states were trumped by just 1 state in the North.

I wonder how you guys are wired to be blind to facts but run with emotional conjectures.

You mean the same North where millions of children were 'voting' whose votes increased the figures of the North? Nothing was free and fair about Nigeria's last election.

I am still in awe over how such bizarre practice was left to go unnoticed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by kodlins(f): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
scholes0:

Igalas can be found in Kogi, as well as minorities in Edo and Anambra.

Igala in Anambra? Okwa ifu

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Exaggerated? I believe we are currently up to 42 million

Brothers and sisters; on Ben TV last Thursday, Harold Smith was on a program to reveal what went behind the scene before the independence. The Oxford University graduate had this to say about his role in Nigeria pre and after independence era.

‘Our agenda was to completely exploit Africa. Nigeria was my duty post. When we assessed Nigeria, this was what we found in the southern region; strength, intelligence, determination to succeed, well established history, complex but focused life style, great hope and aspirations… the East is good in business and technology, the west is good in administration and commerce, law and medicine, but it was a pity we planned our agenda to give power “at all cost” to the northerner. They seemed to be submissive and silly of a kind. Our mission was accomplished by destroying the opposition at all fronts. The west led in the fight for the independence, and was punished for asking for freedom. They will not rule Nigeria!

Harold Smith confessed that the Census results were announced before they were counted. Despite seeing vast land with no human but cattle in the north, we still gave the north 55 million instead of 32 Million. This was to be used to maintain their majority votes and future power bid. He stated that the West without Lagos was the most populous in Nigeria at that time but we ignored that. The north was seriously encouraged to go into the military. According to him, they believe that the south may attend western education, but future leaders will always come from military background. Their traditional rulers were to be made influential and super human. The northerners were given accelerated promotions both in the military and civil service to justify their superiority over the south. Everything was to work against the south. We truncated their good plan for their future. “I was very sorry for the A.G; it was a great party too much for African standard. We planned to destroy Awolowo and Azikwe well, the west and the east and sowed a seed of discord among them”. We tricked Azikwe into accepting to be president having known that Balewa will be the main man with power. Awolowo has to go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a greater Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by omoikea(m): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
why is it only female pictures that is used...
no male from any tribe in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
shut:
At least for once we fulanis weren't grouped under Hausa wink
Sirbajo jam bandu na?
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by tunde1200(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
I even think hausa are much more than that figure produced not exaggerated.

Also yoruba surpose be more that but I no get prove .

While our igbo brothers is ok because if you look around you will know what I'm saying in terms of populations igbos are fine with figure.
bigfrancis21:
The Igbo population should be greater than 32 million. The 35 million figure for Hausas in Nigeria seems somewhat exaggerated. There has never been a proper or true census done in Nigeria that truly reflects the actual population of ethnic groups in the country.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by TeGaTeGa1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
Businesslocator:
na God
oya link me
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
basilo101:
so where is "SOUTH SOUTH" cultural group?
it's there just below biafra.
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
tenderlady:
I rep IBIBIO for life I love AKWAIBOM GOD bless NIGERIA GOD bless AKWAIBOM GOD bless IBIBIO kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Abadiye? Dakkada!
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Wow! I thought you are Yoruba
haba dai
Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by wtfCode: 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
but we aint ONE.
Cant y'all see this country aint gonna grow to anywhere because of regionalism instead of unity, 55 yrs and we are getting more under develop.
We all should open our eyes and see that separation is the solution.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by lonelydora: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
What I know is Nigeria in made up of 3 major ethnic group, Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba, which every other one must identify with.

Quote me anywhere even in Otuoke.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55: The 10 Biggest Cultural Groups In Nigeria by picknstake: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
FOR THOSE WHO PLAY MIDNIGHT MATCHES HERE ARE SOME FOR YOU FOR FREE[url] http://www.picknstake.com/2015/10/midnight-and-early-morning-matches-0102.html[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ado Bayero’s Son Set To Wed,Checkout His Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Ooni Of Ife Welcome His Son And Princess Naomi To The Palace / Ooni Of Ife Almost Committed Suicide Over Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.