Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:26 PM

Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? (1381 Views)

It Is Finally Here! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! / Building A Crew For An Animated Series Based On Pre-colonial West Africa! / Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Kanoro: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
THE ANIMATION IS COMPLETE, ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS VOICE ACTING

Please anybody..... this is very frustrating. I'm done with everything else!

I am creating a recurring YouTube series based on pre-colonial African kingdoms, culture, history, and mythology. As mentioned before, it will be a recurring series so I am only looking for dedicated and committed actors/actresses. The story takes place on a mythical world that has very close parallels to the real world. Many of the place names and cultural practices are familiar while many are purely imaginative and mythical (ie:Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings). The protagonist is a young boy (who grows up after a few episodes) by the name of Kanoro who lives in a large and luxurious home that stands out from the small round mudhuts of his rural home village. He and his younger sister Udo are harassed by some of their jealous neighbors which leads them to lots of trouble. Another one of the main characters "Derrick Jamerson" who will appear in the second episode is a strange man from the future bearing a business suit, a gun, and many other strange modern objects such as a cellphone. He has no idea how or why he has found himself in the past and refuses to believe that he is, simply reassuring himself that he has only found himself in a very remote and "undiscovered" and "primitive" part of the modern world. Little does he know, his technological superiority over these people of the past is only short-lived and not as much of an advantage as he originally thought. For the sake of keeping my story safe and not spoiling it for anyone, that is as much as I can and will share at the moment. I have had many volunteers for acting before but none ever seem to follow up with me so please do NOT contact me unless you are 100% sure that you want to be a part of this series. I want dedication and dedication only. Without further due, these are the roles that I need:

Kanoro: The protagonist of the story, and 11 year old boy who has a very brave and goal oriented personality. He is very protective over his younger sister and has high morals and values.
Udo (Already have 2 but if you can get me what I need quicker then the role is yours, neither of them have sent me completed scripts yet): Kanoro's younger sister who is 8 years old with a wild and brazen personality. She never seems to take anyone seriously nor does she have respect for anyone other than her older brother.
Sauda: A 44 year old, grumpy overweight neighbor in Kanoro's village who constantly harasses Kanoro and Udo out of pure jealousy.
Enzi: Sauda's youngest son who is 11 years old, chubby and Kanoro's best friend. He is well aware of how Kanoro is treated by his brother and father but he tries to avoid any involvement at all costs. He is a very cheerful, playful, and kindhearted boy.
Jelani (Role taken): Sauda's eldest son (17 years old) who is very powerfully built and similar to his father in the fact that he harasses Kanoro and his younger sister Udo. However, he tends to try to find reasons or excuses as opposed to his father who simply directs unsolicited anger at them.

I do not expect Hollywood quality acting but I at least expect something convincing and imposing. For example, if a character is angry and yelling, I want to hear actual angry yelling. If a character is laughing, I want to hear actual laughing. Again, please do NOT contact me if you aren't going to be active and reliable to this project. I don't want to have to constantly track you down and follow up with you. If you contact me at all, please be ready and willing to take part in this and only email me if you are following the instructions below:

1.) Breifly describe any background experience you have with acting, animating, music making, or anything else that you think would be valuable to this project. If there are none, do not worry. I judge everyone based off of their audition. Be sure to specify which character you are interested in portraying as well. There is another addition to the sample script in this thread posted in #6
2.) Ensure that you have a decent microphone free of static or background noise and that when you speak into it, you aren't blowing any air.
3.) Go over the sample script below in a voice that would match the character that you want to do.
4.) Lastly, just email me the voice clips after you have recorded them.

Here is the sample video reference to allow for easy syncing of the voice clips to the script.
https://www.facebook.com/HuminBehaviorz/videos/vb.829390787115880/895136970541261/?type=2&theater

[b](Camera pans and zooms around the village as calm, peaceful music plays and birds feed and fly around chirp bird flies away after being startled by Kanoro and Udo’s laughter)
Udo and Kanoro: (Laughing wildly and breathing heavily) [4 seconds]
Udo: (While camera shows on bird on roof it gets started after Udo and Kanoro’s play) *huff puff* Heeheeheeheehee *huff puff huff*
Kanoro: (While chasing Udo)*grunt* *huff puff huff* (Tackles Udo) *grunt*
Udo: (When caught) *Surprised grunt* (After hitting the ground) Ooof….. ow. [2seconds]
Kanoro: *Huff puff huff* (Still breathing heavily while speaking) Haha I told you I would catch you. It is far too easy. [5 seconds]
Udo: It does not seem like it was easy. It took you a very long time! [4 seconds]
Kanoro: *Huff puff* (starts to resist heavy breathing) ehh hmm… I was just being nice... that is all. (Reaches out a hand to help Udo to her feet) [6 seconds]
Udo: (Promptly jumps to her feet on her own) Liar! Admit it, I was too fast for you! [3 seconds] Heeheeheeheehee [3 seconds] (Camera goes over to Kanoro with a flustered demeanor) Kanoro could not even catch a nine year old! [4 seconds] Heeheeheeheehee! [3 seconds] (laughs continuously until Kanoro stops her)
Kanoro: (Runs over to Udo) Shhh quiet Udo. [1-2 seconds] (Starts to walk away) We do not want to disturb anyone, no more playing for now. And you are only eight… not nine. [5 seconds]
Udo: No! (Turns to Kanoro) I told you I’m not eight!... I’m eight [4 seconds] Camera shows Kanoro with a dull look on his face) and a half! Why do we have to stop? Is it that hard for you `to catch me? Teehee! You are just making excuses. [7 seconds]
Kanoro: (Starts to walk away unknowingly toward Sauda). It is not that at all, it is just that we need to do our chores before Mama wakes up. I do not want to get into trouble aga-[6 seconds] (Interrupted by accidentally walks into Sauda’s belly without looking)
[/b]
I do not expect you to match your words with their lip movement, so as long as your clips are as long as the time stamps on the script. If you have any other questions not covered in this post, feel free to ask. Do not email me saying "I want to act in your animation, what do I do?" because all of the instructions are here. Also don't forget to like the Facebook page and subscribe to the YouTube channel. Thanks!

Email: HuminBehaviorz@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuminBehaviorz
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe8ECDU2IldN_rAAAXUvyUQ

Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by joefredd006(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
an ingenious creation ! but the script is weak... you don't use weak conversations for audition. i tried making a meaning but..... nothing. moreover the video clip is not complete
Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Donald3d(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sorry ,I have being busy ,I would have submitted my entry,I have someone that is very good but the first question he asked me,is what is the pay ?,I am directing the question back to you mate .#peace
Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Kanoro: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2015
joefredd006:
an ingenious creation ! but the script is weak... you don't use weak conversations for audition. i tried making a meaning but..... nothing. moreover the video clip is not complete

Fair enough. I guess I could put a more interesting part of the script and video into it. I literally just cut out the first few lines of the video. The whole video is complete minus the voice acting. I guess the main purpose of this was simply to gauge how well the actors were at syncing the lines with the characters and the video which appears to be the biggest challenge so far. The acting in itself is something that is very easy to gauge.
Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Kanoro: 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
If you would like a more in depth description, feel free to ask.
Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Kanoro: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
Donald3d:
Sorry ,I have being busy ,I would have submitted my entry,I have someone that is very good but the first question he asked me,is what is the pay ?,I am directing the question back to you mate .#peace

Well the last post that you commented on told you that I can't pay anyone at the moment. That's why I put so much emphasis on following the instructions this time. I've been getting so many emails that asked questions that were already answered in the OP.
Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Kanoro: 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
Here is another sample script that I would like to include in the Audition. The purpose is to review how well you are able to act out actions and emotions.

Ridicule: Yes Abasi, please do explain why I am to pay you ten Okpoho for this. It is painfully embarrassing to watch this.
Happy: Haha I told you I would catch you. It is far too easy.
Humor: Liar! Admit it, I was too fast for you! Heehee, Kanoro could not even catch a nine year old!
While lifting something heavy: Let go of the damn spear!
Confused: Enzi: But Kanoro did nothing wrong. What lesson is there to learn?
Worried: Your father is not particularly happy with me right now either.
Sarcastic/stern: Udo… you do realize that you are the reason he does not like us, right?
Anger: HEY BOY, WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING! AND KEEP DOWN THE NOISE. NOT ALL OF US LIVE IN GIANT HOUSES LIKE YOURS THAT BLOCK IT ALL OUT!
Sadness: Enzi… just go. Jelani is wrong in everything he is doing. I do not want you to get into trouble.
After being hit in the stomach: Gyahhh *cough* *cough*
Re: Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? by Kanoro: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
joefredd006:

Seeing as this is a recurring series of short films, giving a script that has a "story" would give away too much of the episode and would defeat the purpose. I did however take your advice and I took some notable parts from the animation to express different actions and emotions that will need to be portrayed. I posted it in a reply above.

(1) (Reply)

How To Download Any Video From Youtube For Free Without Any Application / Aluminium Feather Banner Stand Available / I Have No Interview Experience As A Graphic Designer, Pls Tell Me What To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.