Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah (6152 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
At the platform today, Bishop Kukah and Pat Utomi were both keynote speakers, while speaking the Bishop said "my friend Pat Utomi whose name is on the ministerial list, Utomi then looked at the floor in coy embarrassment ".
Bishop Kukah is in a position to know so i'm inclined to believe him.
So far Utomi and Fashola are the only nominees i'm excited to see deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
Utomi would likely be Finance Minister or National Planning Minister.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
It's kinda hard to be sure about anything now, we'll wait.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by asha80(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kachikwu and utomi are from the same state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
op u no even chill...
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by 989900: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
I rate Henry Boyo highly, but he is not a politician, plus he is a critique/radical, but I've not listened to anyone who understands our economy better than he does.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by atlwireles: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
Kachikwu and utomi are from the same state

So, what?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Ofodirinwa: 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
I feel that Utomi is more talk than credential.
He makes his 'ideas' and 'plans' very clear and you can view them on Youtube. None of them show an understanding on any particular subject beyond that of a reasonably intelligent common person. He's a politician with a technocratic gimmick.

He's educated, but not exceptional like Ngozi Iweala, Oteh, and the other technocrats in the previous admin. His highest career achievement was workng as COO at volkswagen Nigeria...

15 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by asha80(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
atlwireles:

So, what?
so I am not sure if two people from the same state can nominated if kachikwu has also been nominated according to 'sources'
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Kyase(m): 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
so I am not sure if two people from the same state can nominated if kachikwu has also been nominated according to 'sources'
"atleast one minister in a state" so it can be 20 in one state;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
Vice President Osinbajo was present when Kukah made that statement today at the platform. It has to be legit, Kachikwu was nominated but he'll serve just as Minister Of State Petroleum along with NNPC GMD, so not really a substantive minister.
A state can have two nominees I think, Rivers had Nyesom Wike and Ama Pepple, Jigawa had Ruquayattu Rufai and Nurudeen Mohammed, Delta had NOI and Orubebe.
It is however weird though that both Utomi and Kachikwu come from the same part of Delta.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by asha80(m): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kyase:

unless more than 36 names are going to be submitted

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Jorussia(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kyase:

what about the urhobo's?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Francis5: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
I feel that Utomi is more talk than credential.
He makes his 'ideas' and 'plans' very clear and you can view them on Youtube. None of them show an understanding on any particular subject beyond that of a reasonably intelligent common person. He's a politician with a technocratic gimmick.

He's educated, but not exceptional like Ngozi Iweala, Oteh, and the other technocrats in the previous admin. His highest career achievement was workng as COO at volkswagen Nigeria...

He seems like a big picture guy. At this point Nigeria needs strategic planning which can only be brought about by big picture guys who would then set the broad landscape that real technocrats and niche experts can play on and deliver.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by atlwireles: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

Vice President Osinbajo was present when Kukah made that statement today at the platform. It has to be legit, Kachikwu was nominated but he'll serve just as Minister Of State Petroleum along with NNPC GMD, so not really a substantive minister.
A state can have two nominees I think, Rivers had Nyesom Wike and Ama Pepple, Jigawa had Ruquayattu Rufai and Nurudeen Mohammed, Delta had NOI and Orubebe.
It is however weird though that both Utomi and Kachikwu come from the same part of Delta.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Jorussia(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

don't you think pmb will be unfair to delta central?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by atlwireles: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
what about the urhobo's?

That question should be sent to your leader from Duara undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Francis5: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

You are right and it is a quagmire. How do you get the best without being insensitive to the diversity of Nigeria?
If there was no history of tribalism, sectionalism, ethnic cheating and bias in Nigeria, I would ordinarily overlook this.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Kyase(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
what about the urhobo's?
its not about that bro, he cant choose everybody na
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by asha80(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

not sure it matters if it senior or junior minister..they all cant be senior ministers will they?
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Jorussia(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
atlwireles:

That question should be sent to your leader from Duara undecided
be civil

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Jorussia(m): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
Kyase:

its not about that bro, he cant choose everybody na
I know that brother, but,Delta state is a very sensitive state when it comes to issue of senatorial districts.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

You are right and it is a quagmire. How do you get the best without being insensitive to the diversity of Nigeria?
If there was no history of tribalism, sectionalism, ethnic cheating and bias in Nigeria, I would ordinarily overlook this.
Exactly, I like Utomi very much but i'm Deltan and I know the very delicate balancing required to manage the complex ethnic divisions there. With the State governor, CBN governor, NNPC GMD and now minister coming from just one part of the state, it might reignite those tensions.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Kyase(m): 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
asha80:
unless more than 36 names are going to be submitted
every state will have atleast one, some states will get more than one. Depending
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
I know that brother, but,Delta state is a very sensitive state when it comes to issue of senatorial districts.
Valid point but it's Buhari's prerogative anyways. I know Utomi would deliver.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Jorussia(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

otega emerhor can do minister of finance.emerhor is an experienced chartered accountant.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Kyase(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
yea yea, just like in benue, the tivs are more in number to other tribe, but since yaardua's time no tiv was appointed minister, but they didnt complain, maybe na when we start to the shout marginalization like our ibo brothers dem go hear us.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Ofodirinwa: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Francis5:

He seems like a big picture guy. At this point Nigeria needs strategic planning which can only be brought about by big picture guys who would then set the broad landscape that real technocrats and niche experts can play on and deliver.

We have too many 'big picture' guys, and always have. It takes no training to skill to be a 'big picture' guy. Everyone on this forum can think of the things Utomi thinks up and calls 'ideas'.
I saw him speaking on the need to have 1 big power plant in every region. That's a Level 1 thought process person. A Level 2 would say "With the fluctuation of the naira - which changes daily - and implementation issues we have with chain of command and graft, does it make sense to embark on large projects any more? Also with house building and population booming, will the capacity we plan to meet with large power plants in each region be the reality when they're finished?".

Peter Obi surveyed Anambra community to see the real causes of poverty. He found that the poorest places are those without roads or those at a distance from major commercial centers. He then started building a more intricate rural road network. This is advanced planning, we see that there was a refined process and not just a 'big picture'.

Utomi is tell me that we can decongest Lagos by making other places more attractive than Lagos. Other places ARE more attractive than Lagos, people still go there. Why? Think deep

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by Francis5: 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

With the State governor, CBN governor, NNPC GMD and now minister coming from just one part of the state, it might reignite those tensions.

This should not be supported in a country such as Nigeria. For me, Buhari should look at who is the least qualified, effective and efficient on these jobs and replace the person with a qualified person from another part of Delta. Not sure that the CBN Gov is really fit for the job. Can we have someone who is non Igboid in Delta for that position?

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by sammyj: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2015
Wonderful
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by atlwireles: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Jorussia:
be civil

Civil? I asked you a simple question. Nobody here sent a list to the NASS.
Re: Pat Utomi Is On The Ministerial List-Bishop Kukah by atlwireles: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2015
SenseiX:

Firstly, I hope his name is not on the list and secondly, Utomi will disappoint. Big words without action that's Utomi, what has he done for delta?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scandalous Video Of PDP Senator Caught On Tape ‘doing It Hard’ In Office With Fe / How I Will Fight Corruption, By Olawepo-hashim / 2,423 Nigerians Killed With 1,872 Kidnapped Under Tinubu Presidency – Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.