Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay (538 Views)

Scriptures Expounded:Brethren In The World Also Suffer Afflictions-1Peter5:8-10 / Scriptures Expounded: The Hebrew Midwives... - Exodus 1:17 / Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiander: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2015
1 Cor 13

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Like

Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by Laitesmart(m): 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
What a nice post! #4rmAsarcasticPointOfView
Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiander: 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Gracious Spirit, Holy Ghost,
Taught by Thee we covet most
Of Thy gifts of Pentecost
Holy, heavenly Love.

Love is kind, and suffers long
Love is meek, and thinks no wrong,
Love than death itself more strong;
Therefore, give us Love.

Prophecy will fade away,
Melting in the light of day,
Love will ever with us stay;
Therefore, give us Love.

Faith and Hope and Love we see
Joining hand in hand agree;
But the greatest of the three,
And the best, is Love.

From the overshadowing
Of Thy gold and silver wing
Shed on us, who to Thee sing,
Holy, heavenly Love.

2 Likes

Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiander: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by orisa37: 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
Love is sufficient when CARE is expounded as in the verses quoted and when REVERENCE is worshipped in Peace, Patience, humility, Endurance and perseverance. Such is what God does every Sunday to Christians, that Christians must also reciprocate.
Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiander: 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
orisa37:
Love is sufficient when CARE is expounded as in the verses quoted and when REVERENCE is worshipped in Peace, Patience, humility, Endurance and perseverance. Such is what God does every Sunday to Christians, that Christians must also reciprocate.

Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiander: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiander: 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
. . . . . .
Re: Scriptures Expounded: When Love Is Okay by tpiah11: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2015

(1) (Reply)

If Only Christians Pray / 3 Questions People Would Like To Ask God !!! / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (october 14th 2015 ) -THE SUPER NEED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.