Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:29 AM

Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. (17508 Views)

N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness / N400m Fraud: Metuh ‘cooked Up’ Allegations To Frustrate Trial —EFCC. / Buhari Reinstates Retired Army General Implicated In Alleged Mass Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 02, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has begun investigation into allegations of forgery, fraudulent conversion and obtaining the sum of N400m by false pretence against Mr. Adeyeye Ogunwusi and his firm, Metropole Interproject Limited.

Ogunwusi is one of the contestants for the vacant stool of the Ooni of Ile-Ife, Osun State.

In a petition written by the chambers of Rotimi Jacobs & Co. dated September 7, 2015, Messrs Sijuwade Holdings Limited stated that in 1993, it purchased a parcel of land measuring 30,000 square metres from the Ojomu Chieftaincy Family at the Lekki peninsula, Lagos, and duly obtained the Governor’s Consent to the transaction.

Thereafter, SHL claimed it entered into an agreement with Metropole Interproject Limited for the latter to sand-fill the entire parcel of land, and that upon completion of the sand filling, Metropole would be given 7,500 square metres from the land “to serve as the company’s fees.”

The petition stated that after the completion of the sand-filling, Metropole offered to develop the remaining portion of land for SHL, adding that the offer was accepted on the condition that the development would be in phases.

The responsibilities of Metropole as stated in the Development Mandate Agreement included the funding of the development and procurement of all necessary permits from the federal and Lagos State governments; as well as the funding/construction of 24 duplex units on the 7,500 square metres and this was to form the basis of Metropole’s equity in the project entitling the developer to 16 units out of the 24.

The petition stated, “Our client (Sijuwade Holdings) gave Mr. Ogunwusi the title document (which was in our client’s name), including the tax clearance of two directors to process the necessary permits required for the construction. After the completion of phase 1, our client requested copies of the approvals and consent, but Mr. Ogunwusi refused to provide them.

“Our client engaged the services of a town planner (TG Marchnata) to conduct a search at the offices of the Lagos State Physical Planning and Development Authority. The town planner got copies of all the documents submitted by Mr. Ogunwusi/Metropole for the purposes of procuring the building permits for the construction.

“To our client’s surprise, the search revealed that Mr. Ogunwusi/Metropole had forged the title documents by superimposing the name of Metropole Interproject Limited as a co-owner of the parcel of land. The signature of Professor Olawoyin, SAN, who prepared the title document was also forged by Mr. Ogunwusi/Metropole.

“Mr. Ogunwusi also submitted a forged Certificate of Incorporation with the name: Metropole Interproject & Sijuwade Holdings Limited. He also forged some documents belonging to the Lagos State Government and uttered same to the Lagos State Physical Planning and Development Authority.”

The petition further stated, “Meanwhile, before our client got to know about the fraudulent activities of Mr. Ogunwusi/Metropole, our client had, in line with the agreement it had with Mr. Ogunwusi/Metropole, issued title in favour of Metropole and its nominees for the units due to the company.

“Apart from the forgery earlier complained about, Mr. Ogunwusi/Metropole has also sold the eight duplex units that ought to have accrued to our client and he converted the proceeds, running into N400m, to his personal use.”

The petitioner, therefore, asked the EFCC to investigate the circumstances under which the title documents were allegedly forged.

In a letter with reference CR:3000/LS/EGC-1/VOL. 6/409 and dated September 17, 2015, the EFCC asked the legal firm of Olawoyin & Olawoyin to confirm if the agreement allegedly submitted by Metropole for the building permits was prepared by the firm.

The EFCC’s letter was signed by one Abubakar R. Madaki on behalf of the Head of Operations, and stated that the request was made pursuant to Section 38 (1) (2) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act, 2004; and Section 21 of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2012.

While responding to the EFCC request, Olawoyin & Olawoyin stated in a letter dated September 23, 2015, “We wish to state that the agreement (a copy of which was attached to your letter under reference) was NOT prepared by our firm. We have taken the liberty to attach to this letter a copy of the actual document that was prepared by our firm and draw your attention to the following differing aspects of the agreement:

(a) The front page of the agreement attached to your letter contains Metropole Interproject Limited as a party to the agreement of sale, while in the actual document prepared by our firm, Metropole Interproject Limited is not a party.

(b) The signature on the front page of the actual document prepared by our firm is that of the undersigned, Prof. Gabriel Olawoyin, SAN, while the signature attached to the front page of the document attached to your letter is NOT that of Prof. Gabriel Olawoyin.

(c) Page 1 of the agreement prepared by our firm does NOT make any reference to Metropole Interproject Limited, while the document attached to your letter makes reference to Metropole Interproject Limited.”

When contacted to authenticate the content of the petition, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs of Rotimi Jacobs & Co. confirmed that his firm sent the petition to the EFCC on behalf of Sijuwade Holdings, but refused to comment further.

Similarly, Olawoyin confirmed his firm’s response to the request by the EFCC but declined further comments.

Ogunwusi, on his part, denied the allegations levied against him and Metropole Interproject Limited, saying he was being maliciously targeted for negative press because of his interest in the vacant stool of the Ooni.

He said, “Why are they trying to write damaging reports about me now and why not two, three years ago? The heart of man is full of wickedness. What they are saying is a lie; we have resolved it. They are using it to smear my name.

“Oba Akiolu (of Lagos) and Asiwaju Bola Tinubu are aware of the issue. We have resolved it and I don’t know why they are doing this. It is a lie that I put Metropole Interproject Limited as a co-owner of the land; they are trying to expose what they are not; if they chose to fight dirty, I will meet them.”

Ogunwusi later made a conference call to a man purported to be Prince Deremi Sijuwade, who said, “I heard something about the petition and I will say it should be discountenanced. I am not sure those things written in the petition are correct; we will come up with an official statement in that regard.”

The head of the kingmakers and the Obalufe of Iremo quarter, Ile-Ife, Oba Solomon Omisakin, when contacted on the telephone by one of our correspondents, said he was not aware that a petition had been written to the EFCC against Ogunwusi or any of the contestants for the throne.

“I am not aware of such a petition. It is not to my knowledge,” he said.

Asked if the kingmakers could use such a petition to screen out the contestant, Omisakin stated, “Until I get to know, I won’t make any comment.”

Ogunwusi had on September 19 distributed transformers worth N250m to some communities in Ile-Ife, which had been in darkness for a long period due to faulty transformers.

Mr. Leke Ijiyode, who represented him at the ceremony, said Ogunwusi did not distribute the transformers in order to be selected as the next Ooni, but because he had been involved in philanthropic gestures in the community before now.

He said the contestant had been involved in assisting indigenes of Ile-Ife in tertiary institutions and other forms of humanitarian services long before the demise of Oba Okunade Sijuwade.

http://www.punchng.com/news/contestant-for-ooni-stool-in-alleged-n400m-fraud-forgery/
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by HungerBAD: 2:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Petty Politics.

So this deal was struck when Ibrahim Babangida was the President? since then we have had Shonekan,Abacha,Abdusalaham,Obj,Otueke GEJ and it was in Buhari's time 20 plus Years later they are filing a suit? wonderful.

I am not Yoruba, so don't know how the King-ship thing works.

But, the Kingmakers should take into cognizance, the dirty play being employed by a few of those interested in the Stool here. It is times, like this that i tend to believe the Benin Version of who came from whom.

The process of choosing the next Benin King is straight forward, and the Yoruba's should borrow a leaf from them. You don't read or hear about Benin Prince's stabbing themselves in the back in the tabloids, just because they want the PIE called Oba-ship.

At the end of the day.

It is the Traditional Stool that loses all the respects,it should have been accorded.

8 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by naijaking1: 2:24am On Oct 02, 2015
So Punch and Tinubu don enter the race

10 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Burger01(m): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2015
smiley
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Sanchez01: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2015
I'm really tempted to say this it's either Tinubu's or Obasanjo's handiwork. Tinubu's signature in dealing with someone is sudden criminal case being visited.

The tradition of the Yoruba race is fast disappearing, all thanks to petty politics, sheer greed and selfish interest. The unseen hands actively functioning behind the curtain of the Oba selection drama would rubbish the significance of the Ooni title. It did before with the Late Oba Sijuade. I once witnessed first hand disrespect of the Ooni by a popular Indigenous artiste who is a product and an icon of the music department of OAU (I'm sure some know who I'm referring to already). Aregbesola's impunity comes to mind. I don't blame them though since the late Oba disgraced the power of the crown to a certain degree.

I was in Ife two weeks ago and it was funny to know that one of the candidates to the throne bought power transformers for members of several communities just because he wants to get there at all cost.

These people and their political godfathers should let tradition play out in installing a king. Ile Ife is far ancient and bigger for petty politics to reign supreme. Let the "Afobajes' and those responsible for choosing a king do it the traditional way. Ile-Ife may become a relic rather than significant historical city.

20 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by free2ryhme: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2015
If this story is true and if the story represents the manner of Ogunwusi, I strongly believe that Ogunwusi is the most qualify for the throne of Ooni. This was exactly the manner of the former occupant of the throne. Sijuwade was a land grabber, trouble maker and very corrupt to the teeth and grave. We cannot easily forget the how much he collected from IBB, Abacha, GEJ, etc and the ignoble role he played during any elections in Nigeria (including June 12, May 2015, etc). He was the Paramount Traditional Ruler of Corruption and all corrupt politicians in Nigeria were given one chieftancy title or the other including those titles that never existed and never make any senses.

Sijuwade was one of those few that destroyed Nigeria! The second part part of the Ife-Ibadan road is one of the corrupt legacies he left behind.
The first half which was constructed about 30years earlier is still 1000 times better that what this dead thief constructed. That road kills everyday and it mighty have even killed (since it was constructed) more than the Boko Haram menace.

He was qualified as a typical case study of the Biblical rich fool!

12 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Everything in these country is political. Hell will be filled with Nigerians or maybe Nigeria itself is hell we just don't know
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2015
Sanchez01:
I'm really tempted to say this is either Tinubu's or Obasanjo's handiwork. Tinubu's signature in dealing with someone is sudden criminal case being visited.

The tradition of the Yoruba race is fast disappearing, all thanks to petty politics, sheer greed and selfish interest. The unseen hands actively functioning behind the curtain of the Oba selection drama would rubbish the significance of the Ooni title. It did before with the Late Oba Sijuade. I once witnessed first hand disrespect of the Ooni by a popular Indigenous artiste who is a product and an icon of the music department of OAU (I'm sure some know who I'm referring to already). Aregbesola's impunity comes to mind. I don't blame them though since the late Oba disgraced the power of the crown to a certain degree.

I was in Ife two weeks ago and it was funny to know that one of the candidates to the throne bought power transformers for members of several communities just because he wants to get there at all cost.

These people and their political godfathers should let tradition play out in installing a king. Ile Ife is far ancient and bigger for petty politics to reign supreme. Let the "Afobajes' and those responsible for choosing a king do it the traditional way. Ile-Ife may become a relic rather than significant historical city.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by basilo101: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2015
when will yoruba ppl open their eyes to see the greed and selfishness of Tinubu?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by webshopng1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
I hope he is already in jail.... shocked
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by knightsTempler: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Na wa oh!

There is more and more depraved evil, insecurity, violence, and corruption in all levels of society and in all levels of government and in all levels of the world because of lack of morals, ethics, honesty, and respect that are not taught in society. What can we do? If we wish to have a better world without terrible crimes, we need to practice ethics, morals, respect, tolerance, gratitude and friendliness with ourselves and families and values of Freedom. The more people look towards and look up to and learn the values of Morals, Ethics, and Freedom the more a real cultural change for the better can take place and it is easier to create a more full-filled, respectful and freer global society.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by free2ryhme: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Many of the rich people in Nigeria except a few hardworking ones made their money through dubious transactions. Therefore this story is not so strange. What bothers me is how people now use EFCC to settle personal scores. It is also funny that the so called SHL waited till this time to start making its case. Why EFCC and not court? My advice for EFCC is to avoid playing to the gallery and keep off from this roforofo fight.There are more important assignments for it to do for Nigerians. My reasoning is that SHL is coming out at this stage because of the vacant stool in Ile-ife. Who knows, it may just be a case of the weaker of two scammers shouting for help.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by lonelydora: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Is it not hereditary?
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
na
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by BCISLTD: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
angry dry read till he mentioned oba of lagos and tinubu...and I'm sure he is guilty as hell..

Check my signature Call or whatsapp

Check my cars too
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by ahckmedkosy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Probe him
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by helphelp: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
lobatan
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by emmanuel596(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please what's even soo special about being an onii
When did thrones started being sold instead of inherited
Why is it taking much time,grudges,blood shed,blackmial and other dubious and diabolic means to select 1 king that will still cm and embezzle funds and still make blood sacrifices
Are the GODS now as slow and old as PMB that he can't pick a worthy king for over 1 month now?(i dont know if those gods still function)
Anyway as for this guy don't worry witch hunters will soon come for you am watching and following you story

3 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by 69MissedCalls(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
mtcheew.. same ish different day.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by osazeeblue01: 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nigeria my country can never change. U mean they just discover this? May God help us all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by notoriousbabe: 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
He no even look like a king self
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Dannyset(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
Digging deep don start.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by Damilare5882(m): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
shocked....kiri kiri straight
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by alaoeri: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
One contestant down.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by emmabest2000(m): 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
basilo101:
when will yoruba ppl open their eyes to see the greed and selfishness of Tinubu?

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by damton(m): 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
The level of politicking in nigeria would never cease to amaze me. i won't be surprised if they go ahead and bribe the oracle itself just to get to the throne.

5 Likes

Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by beesyb(f): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
so much trouble just to crown a king. it is well
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by steffans(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
chai
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by braine(m): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chai! Nigerians can like to spoil show.
Re: Contestant For Ooni Stool In Alleged N400m Fraud, Forgery - Punch. by omojeesu(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Dirty games have started for an ephemeral position. God help humanity!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Yet To Return To Office, 11 Days After ‘7-Day Visit To Daura’ / Hardship: Customs To Distribute Seized Food Items Nationwide / A Girl Transformed Into A Snake With Dog Like Head In Hotel Excel Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.