Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? (38165 Views)

Peak Milk And Dano Milk Battle Each Other On Twitter. See What Happened / Tin Milk In Nigeria Vs Tin Milk Abroad: Canada Based Nigerian Man Bemoan (photo) / Tiger Nuts, Health Benefits And How To Prepare The Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
JAMB Q.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
ds

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Adex097: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Trailblazer1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
The love of milk is the root of all evil grin grin grin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by ZYZZA: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
;Dwe knew the milk first
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by tizblink: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
Funny but True and Puzzling
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by ignis: 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
what a Question
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by axiliborha(f): 1:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reason number 1 why milk finishes before Milo. Cause you can't use Milo to eat beans but you see that milk I can eat milk, garri and beans at the same time. Coded
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
ephemm:
while Milo often go only with tea,

Milk goes with tea, garri, pap (akamu) or custard

QED
milo in tea? do you mean hot chocolate? cos that doesnt make any sense
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by wristbangle: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:
the same reason rice is mucher than the beans

Real gbagaun gringrin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Soreza(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
AND OP U BROUGHT THIS TO FRONT PAGE angrywhy does milk finish before Bournvita?
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by ivoatt(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
Milo is too selfish
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by menix(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
Because they pump air into the milk that once u open the lid the more the air discharges the more ur milk depletes unlike Milo..

Nah my final year research topic be this thread..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by flokii: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
milk is more like white... goes with evrytin...
wheteas bournvita selects jst like colour brown
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by mazizitonene(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by hollandis(f): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
What is milk and bornvita?
Is this what is put on a world website front page? A country where an unschooled is the President.No wonder no one takes them serious
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by cyprus000: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
jumper524:
[size=13pt]
Omo this your english na firegrin

No be small mucher oogrin
[/size]
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
It may not be far from the preference of an average person for the creamy taste of milk, as opposed to the chocolatey, slightly bitter taste of bournvita. Because of this, they get to use more milk than bournvita, hence, they run out of milk faster.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by timpaker(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
Its a mystery though.

Those days in boarding school we usually trade Milo for Cabin biscuit or Corn flakes. (In my hostel, Milo is hardly considered a provision - I don't know why ), but one could kill cuz of Peak milk and you'd be despised if you come to school with Cowbell Milk or those local milk measured with 'mudu' used by Mai shai grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by chinchum(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
The reverse is the case for me. I am an exception.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Bigdreams(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hilarious comments... grin grin grin

Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?
Read my signature.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Praisemuyi(m): 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
It can't be preserved for long grin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by MissSlimbody(f): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mucher? shockedshocked
Abeg, no kill somebody o cheesycheesycheesy

jumper524:

How come my own milo always finishes before the milk
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by pheesayor(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Heading says Bournvita, body says Milo. Are you aware they are two different brands from two different companies?

Uncleodi:
This has been an age long Puzzle for me. I am some one that like beverages a lot but I keep noticing that every where I have been and all the families I have visited, that the Milk always finish before the Milo.

Importance of Milk in Diet

Although milk from the cow is processed, it is not an engineered or fabricated food. It is about 87 percent water and 13 percent solids. The fat portion of the milk contains fat soluble vitamins. The solids other than fat include proteins, carbohydrates, water soluble vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients in milk help make it nature's most nearly perfect food.

Milk products contain high quality proteins. The whey proteins constitute about 18 percent of the protein content of milk. Casein, a protein found only in milk, contains all of the essential amino acids. It accounts for 82 percent of the total proteins in milk and is used as a standard for evaluating protein of other foods. Protein is needed to build and repair body tissues and to form antibodies which circulate in the blood and help fight infection.

Milk also contains the following nutrients: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium. The calcium found in milk is readily absorbed by the body. Phosphorus plays a role in calcium absorption and utilization. Phosphorus is needed in the proper ratio to calcium to form bone. Milk provides these two minerals in approximately the same ratio as found in bone. Milk is also a significant source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) which helps promote healthy skin and eyes, as well as vitamins A and D.

In adults, a calcium deficiency, along with other factors, may result in bone deterioration called osteoporosis. The recommendations for calcium are 1,000 milligrams for adults, 1,300 milligrams per day for adolescents, 500-800 milligrams per day for young children and 1,200 milligrams per day for adults over 51 years of age. One serving of milk has about 250 milligrams of calcium. It is difficult to obtain adequate calcium without milk and milk products in the diet. About 73 percent of the calcium available in the food supply is provided by milk and milk products. The following daily consumption of milk group foods is suggested by the government's U.S. Dietary Guidelines:

Children 1-8 years old, 2 servings
Children 9 years and older, 3 servings
Adults, 3 servings

Now, let's review the well marginalised / underutilised MILO. grin

Milo is a chocolate and malt powder that is mixed with hot or cold water or milk to produce a beverage popular in many parts of the world. Produced by Nestlé, Milo was originally developed by Thomas Mayne in Sydney, Australia in 1934. It is marketed and sold in many countries around the world.

Most commonly sold as a powder in a green tin, often depicting various sporting activities, Milo is available as a premixed beverage in some countries, and has been subsequently developed into a snack bar and breakfast cereal. Its composition and taste differ in some countries.
Milo contains 1,760 kJ (421 calories) in every 100 g of the powder, mostly from carbohydrates, mainly sugar. Carbohydrates can be used for energy by the body, which is the basis of Milo being marketed as an energy drink.

Milo dissolved in water has a Glycemic Index (GI) of 55, the same as Coca-Cola.
However, milk has a much lower GI of 30 - 33, so mixing a very small amount of Milo into a mug of milk yields an overall GI closer to 33, and mixing a large amount of Milo into a mug of milk will give a GI closer to 55.

Milo is high in calcium, iron and the vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12. Milo is advertised as containing "Actigen-E", but this is just Nestlé's trademarked name for the vitamins in the Milo recipe.

Milo contains some theobromine, a xanthine alkaloid similar to caffeine which is present in the cocoa used in the product; thus, like chocolate, it can become mildly addictive if consumed in quantities of more than 15 heaped teaspoons per day.

So, despite the high energy value of Milo, alot of people will still exhaust their Milk before the Milo maybe because it tastes better...

So what's ur take on this? Comments needed.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Lilimax(f): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
exxell:
Nairaland sef..... So frontpage discussions has been reduced to "WHY MILK FINISHES BEFORE BOURNVITA"?
smiley Na so we see am.
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Mishydoo(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
IN BIAFRA LAND THE MILO FINISHES FIRST... grin
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
lmao!!!Op can u mix bournvita with morning oats,golden morn,custard,cornflakes huh? even tho u do use it,it can never b like milk grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by Lovexme(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
I don't know about y'all, but I don't like milk.

The smell nauseates me. undecided
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by wheezie24(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
jamb question....u sld feature in simi's remix
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by holysina(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
see question. why do u always release in a woman f**king cheesy grin tongue
Re: Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? by free2ryhme: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
this is racism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Eat Dry Gari Everyday. Is This Healthy? / Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down / Can You Eat This Egg Barbecue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.