Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. (33993 Views)

Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Man Buys Wife A Ship In 2017 After Proposing To Her Without A Ring 20 Years Ago / When Your Mom Is A Complete Nigerian Woman.know Your Mum Is A Nigerian 1 When Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by babygirlfl: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
Mindfulness:

[size=18pt]Angela Merkel is married for the second time. She divorced her first husband. I guess, she would suffer from social stigma if it was Nigeria and would have never been elected to the highest office as a divorcee. Right?

Christine Lagarde is divorced.

Mother Teresa has never been married.

Oprah Winfrey has never been married.

Park Geun-hye, the current president of South Korea, is single.

I could go on but I guess it is enough to show that what you said up there (see red) is WRONG. [/size]
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
Electronzeez:

Lol, cool I am sure you will be good at it.

Good afternoon now,how is mum and your siblings e**** Paul?.
They are all quiet. kindly, remove my surname bro.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Electronzeez(m): 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Epaul:
They are all quiet. kindly, remove my surname bro.

Sorry bro,I once saw you use it on this medium the reason why I feel it is safe doing so.

Noted henceforth .
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
Modified

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by daveP(m): 12:04am On Oct 04, 2015
That moment you are in a jurist's position and after listening attentively well to both side's defences, you shake you head@ on of the sides, not out of disagreement, but out of....(battery dies) Happy Sunday
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by InHim4Him(m): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
1. Thanks for writing and sharing your thoughts. It's good to know how you think and feel.

2. The Beijing declaration is however more dignifying. Though I have never met someone who has been helped by it.

3. Reading through, some things come to the fore : frustration, confusion, contradiction and even depression.

4. Me thinks that the real issue is that the "19th century woman " as you called her is too lazy to embrace her God-given role of complementing the MEN in her life in the guise of pursuing a "career". Think of the most accomplished men or women you know and see who takes the credit. The old English recognised this role and without definition put landmarks and check points as reminders: woMEN, MENses, MENopause, etc. That is why Proverbs 31 has no parallel in the training, development and management of the woman folk.

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by AdeniyiA(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

The woman was made for and because of man without which she's useless. So any woman without man in her life is wo(wasted organism), i. e incomplete ...
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by IsiAbuncha(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
raayah:

If Genevieve wanted to marry she would have done so a long time. Where do you people get this idea that women are looking for "husband"?

Do you know how much messages/dates that the average nairaland female user gets weekly?. Even walking down the street gaan sef. It's even easier at parties /clubs/weddings to find a man.
Nigeria is heavily populated ! Most women who are not married usually have a very good reason in Nigeria usually have a solid reason.

Sweetheart, finding a man is different from finding a husband cheesy
Any girl can find a man cos we are easily attracted to women, but not every girl will find a husband who's ready to take care of her responsibilities, raise kids and stay with her for life smiley #Understood ?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by pinkiberry(m): 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal1:

You are probably between 19 and 25. A time where a young lady can be wild and free and say things like 'i don't need marriage' 'i don't need a man'. in 5, 10 or 20 years time when you would achieved all you want in life, shut out everyone mocking you for still being single, you will then sit and realize you are an emotional creature. Emphasis on emotional. At that time you will know what the word 'void' means in the dictionary and then you will fully understand what a ring and a Mrs completing you actually meant. Not the naive, girlish understanding you have now. It's funny how one of your champions Beyonce never gave that ring a second thought and she even brags with the name Mrs Carter.
I just dug up this post because I saw a thread on Nairaland where mizmycoli said something about her husband,then I was really shocked cos this woman carry feminism for head,she getting married this year was surprising and she did it secretly,telling her friend her husband is a private fellow,he won't like to see his pictures online.
Am not saying mizmycoli shouldn't be a feminist o but her own is too much.

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by pinkiberry(m): 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
mizmycoli I took my time to read this post and am here telling you that you are hypocritical. You carry feminism for head,deceiving young girls on social media,telling them marriage is not important,they don't need a man in their lives,the are complete without a man,but you got married,and now you are your hussy pet,doing his bidding. I guess that is why you didn't post your wedding pictures. Cut me some slack. I dislike hypocrites.

you are just like davido laughing at his friend years ago for having a baby mama but today he has his own babymama.
next time you wanna post shhit on social media, you think well. women need marriage, it makes a woman complete. I know now you must be feeling fulfilled cos you finally married.

6 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Arsenate(m): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2016
pinkiberry:
mizmycoli I took my time to read this post and am here telling you that you are hypocritical. You carry feminism for head,deceiving young girls on social media,telling them marriage is not important,they don't need a man in their lives,the are complete without a man,but you got married,and now you are your hussy pet,doing his bidding. I guess that is why you didn't post your wedding pictures. Cut me some slack. I dislike hypocrites.

you are just like davido laughing at his friend years ago for having a baby mama but today he has his own babymama.
next time you wanna post shhit on social media, you think well. women need marriage, it makes a woman complete. I know now you must be feeling fulfilled cos you finally married.
oh shiiit, mizmycoli is married after all. Gaddamit.
That girl sure has to win the biggest hypocrite of all time.

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
lonelydora:
"The beauty of a woman is her husband"......... So they taught me.

WEEK...... women's education ends in kitchen. So I heard in primary school. But my wife's own didn't end in kitchen though.

Proverbs 31......... told me something about being a virtuous woman. And verse 11 says "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that He shall have no need of spoil"

I assume you are a christian, read it first and come back let's talk.

See Op, all these rich ladies are not happy they are not married. They cry in their secrets. Some of them confided in me and told me so. Ask Linda and Genevive, you think they don't want to be like Omotola?

Yes a lot of single women cry because they think they are missing out on something.

Just the same way a LOT of married women's cry at night wishing they could turn back the hands of the clock. It's all perspective

3 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Marriage is important, without marriage the society will look at you awkwardly and again women that discourage marriage use it to console themselves because they are not yet married. Most of the women that discourage marriage are mostly bitter,lonely and insecure.

Pinkiberry abeg leave mizmycoli alone, she may have over talked but for her to get married shows that she knows within her self that men are essential in a woman's life.

Congrats Mizmycoli, invite me to your wedding o.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Arsenate:
oh shiiit, mizmycoli is married after all. Gaddamit.
That girl sure has to win the biggest hypocrite of all time.
You guys should leave her alone abeg, maybe she posted this thread as a result of bitterness or loneliness but I assure you no woman would not love to be in her husband's house.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by doveda: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
Everyone is more than a title however there is absolutely nothing wrong with letting a title define whom you are except if it is harmful. A woman can aspire marriage, see it as the pinnacle of her life. it should be allowed undecided. Women who cherish family should be seen as having a career albeit not in the conventional sense. However women who cherish both family and 'career' must also be allowed to pursue their goals. Marriage does not stop a woman from having a successful career neither can the lack of it stops her from reaching the peak of her career.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by doveda: 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
can you shut up please?
Vickyydera:
Marriage is important, without marriage the society will look at you awkwardly and again women that discourage marriage use it to console themselves because they are not yet married. Most of the women that discourage marriage are mostly bitter,lonely and insecure.

Pinkiberry abeg leave mizmycoli alone, she may have over talked but for her to get married shows that she knows within her self that men are essential in a woman's life.

Congrats Mizmycoli, invite me to your wedding o.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2016
doveda:
can you shut up please?
my friend keep quiet, what I said its true. mizmycoli wasn't married when she was condemning marriage. have you seen any married woman condemning marriage or tell you women don't need marriage? reason before you spew trash.

if you guys want,you can condemn marriage all you want, it won't stop me from getting married and also be an independent successful woman, you can be both so don't come here and showcase your ignorance and bitterness then hide under the umbrella of feminists.

3 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by doveda: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Where did I claim to be a feminist? You need to take a look at my own opinion. Your inability to think doesn't mean others can

It is not my fault that you have been told that most single women are bitter, lonely and bored. You are so fvcking scared of being lonely, bored and bitter that it has affected your ability to actually think of yourself. The OP is not saying that women should aspire not to get married. Use your brain Miss. She is saying that women must forge their own individuality, most Nigerian ladies (Nairaland guys always mention this) believe that marriage is next thing in their life, instead of thinking about career progression or becoming a better person for themselves, they just can't be bothered. Marriage is everything to them. That is why most guys would often all them fish brained. Basically, the op wants women to develop themselves for themselves and not for marriage sake. Everyone including a man or a woman is more than a title!

But then, I don't expect you to understand. You have been told over and over that without marriage you are nothing, without marriage you will be lonely, bitter, miserable and boring. In fact, you will get married to any man including a theif because you do not want to end miserable, bitter and lonely. You need this message more darling. Married women like ed.wife and mindful.ness will never ask you not to get married but they will tell you are more than a title.

Vickyydera:
my friend keep quiet, what I said its true. mizmycoli wasn't married when she was condemning marriage. have you seen any married woman condemning marriage or tell you women don't need marriage? reason before you spew trash.

if you guys want,you can condemn marriage all you want, it won't stop me from getting married and also be an independent successful woman, you can be both so don't come here and showcase your ignorance and bitterness then hide under the umbrella of feminists.

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
doveda:
Where did I claim to be a feminist? You need to take a look at my own opinion. Your inability to think doesn't mean others can

It is not my fault that you have been told that most single women are bitter, lonely and bored. You are so fvcking scared of being lonely, bored and bitter that it has affected your ability to actually think of yourself. The OP is not saying that women should aspire not to get married. Use your brain Miss. She is saying that women must forge their own individuality, most Nigerian ladies (Nairaland guys always mention this) believe that marriage is next thing in their life, instead of thinking about career progression or becoming a better person for themselves, they just can't be bothered. Marriage is everything to them. That is why most guys would often all them fish brained. Basically, the op wants women to develop themselves for themselves and not for marriage sake. Everyone including a man or a woman is more than a title!

But then, I don't expect you to understand. You have been told over and over that without marriage you are nothing, without marriage you will be lonely, bitter, miserable and boring. In fact, you will get married to any man including a theif because you do not want to end miserable, bitter and lonely. You need this message more darling. Married women like ed.wife and mindful.ness will never ask you not to get married but they will tell you are more than a title.

what the hell are you even saying? so you are trying to say that a woman can't be married and also be successful, then who told you women don't develop themselves for themselves? haven't you seen women with degrees and good job yet the aspire to Marry,your argument doesn't hold water. Any single Lady that is old enough to get married but isn't married yet condemning marriage is a bitter and lonely person. The fact that you are not married doesn't give you the opportunity to transfer bitterness to others.

Try and read thus thread from page 1to 10 then you understand what am saying.
I had to view mizmycoli profile cos of this and I must say most of her topics in women feminist stuff are always bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by doveda: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
Did you read the first example she gave? Read it and understand the context. Quote me when you do.

Vickyydera:
what the hell are you even saying? so you are trying to say that a woman can't be married and also be successful, then who told you women don't develop themselves for themselves? haven't you seen women with degrees and good job yet the aspire to Marry,your argument doesn't hold water. Any single Lady that is old enough to get married but isn't married yet condemning marriage is a bitter and lonely person. The fact that you are not married doesn't give you the opportunity to transfer bitterness to others.

Try and read thus thread from page 1to 10 then you understand what am saying.
I had to view mizmycoli profile cos of this and I must say most of her topics in women feminist stuff are always bitter.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
Now am beginning to think pinkiberry was right in what she said. why tell us you dont need men/marriage cos you are miss independent and end up walking down the alter, it doesn't make sense. Nairaland feminist I hail una o. hahaha.

I guess we won't be hearing from the op again now that she is married. That's how their feminist dream die. Why are single ladies mostly feminists?
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
doveda:
Did you read the first example she gave? Read it and understand the context. Quote me when you do.

she didn't just talked about women being independent and single, she also referred to marriage as unimportant which I find quite annoying, people shouldn't impose their belief on us, if you don't like marriage or you think it is overrated then don't impose it in us or a create a thread about it.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by doveda: 6:26am On Jun 05, 2016
Can you kindly direct me to where she claimed that marriage is not important?

Vickyydera:
she didn't just talked about women being independent and single, she also referred to marriage as unimportant which I find quite annoying, people shouldn't impose their belief on us, if you don't like marriage or you think it is overrated then don't impose it in us or a create a thread about it.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by doveda: 6:41am On Jun 05, 2016
I don't know what you have heard but you really need to stop your feminism trash talk. There are many married feminists where I live. For once. think for thyself. Liberal feminist which I believe this OP is, do not claim anything. They want women to have equal economic, financial, political and social status with men.

Kindly tell me why you think a woman shouldn't sldesire the right to be voted to any office because she is a woman, or earn the same wage as a man for doing the same amount of wor? That what feminism is about. I am not a feminist because I am already independent. I don't have cultural norms that stop me from achieving my full potential. Girls from the core North and South do, for them feminism or humanism is very important for them to be able to spread their wings.

Ask you have been spitting us stems from ind ignorance and irrational fear. You are not the type that read, listen or can think, all your premises have been based on what you have HEARD which makes you so afraid to actually find out what is real or true.

I am not a big fan of the OP either but it is foolish make baseless and ignorant criticisms on her thoughts and person! You actually sound very bitterundecided. Stop attacking her!

Vickyydera:
Now am beginning to think pinkiberry was right in what she said. why tell us you dont need men/marriage cos you are miss independent and end up walking down the alter, it doesn't make sense. Nairaland feminist I hail una o. hahaha.

I guess we won't be hearing from the op again now that she is married. That's how their feminist dream die. Why are single ladies mostly feminists?

2 Likes

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2016
proxillin:
[size=15pt]But come to think of it.

To my anti-marriage feminists. Marriage is joy and strength of a woman.

Show me a single successful woman. NONE. I am not talking about female celebrities who are into semi-prostitution.

I am talking about powerful women. They are all married.

Hilary Clinton - is married. Despite her husband cheating on her, she still stayed in the marriage. She nurtured her marriage and she got to places. To get to place of power, you need to show the world you have a family and you are responsible. No singleton will be taking serious.

Angela Merchella (German Prime minister) - She is married

Mention a powerful woman in the society, you will see she is married.

All these lopsided writeups to dissuade/discourage women from marriage is just out of it.

Even a comic character like Kim Kardashian is not joking with her family
[/size]
ok doveda since you refuse to read, check out this guy post where he said Anti-marriage feminists.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2016
proxillin:

[size=15pt]Read the ops message. The message is about how women should not take marriage serious. They should not train themselves for marriage.
Any woman taking advise from post of this type will end up being Rihanna, Myley Cyrus of this world. They are human with no respect.[/size]
doveda read this too.
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 05, 2016
nasha1:
Why do i have this impression of women consoling themselves once they reach 30. grin
You can't read such from men,only women like re-assuring their worth.They go on and on about how they are not defined by a ring or a man but once they reach their late 40,they become frustrated,snatching other people husband,having bastards everywhere.
A happy woman doesn't need to write long essay to show people that she is happy,it shows in her.This is what i call depression. grin

doveda read this, if I tell you women that say marriage is unimportant are women that are getting old single n bitter
Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 7:27am On Jun 05, 2016
pinkiberry:
I just dug up this post because I saw a thread on Nairaland where mizmycoli said something about her husband, then I was really shocked cos this woman carry feminism for head,she getting married this year was surprising and she did it secretly, telling her friend her husband is a private fellow,he won't like to see his pictures online.
Am not saying mizmycoli shouldn't be a feminist o but her own is too much.

Hi theresmiley

I appreciate that you follow my posts which means you either have a good understanding of my personality or grossly misunderstand me‎.

I would like for you to point me to any thread on NL, where I declared either directly or indirectly that I'm a feminist.
Thank you.‎

1 Like

Re: Woman! Know Thyself! You Are More Than A Ring And A Title. by MizMyColi(f): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2016

pinkiberry:

Lol
I created this thread before my marital status changed, because of your ‎mentions, I've had to go through all my posts again to be sure that my stand remains non-contradictory.

These are some of my submissions on this thread. 

MizMyColi:-‎Did you read this part?

"I believe that such backward thinking, rather than creating strong stable marriages only leads to a weak form of it. For a marriage should be between two individuals who know themselves and are complementing each other on their personal growth and development and NOT where one person seeks value and worth in another person or institution"‎

NnamdiBig‎:-‎ "Not generalizing but even people like Angelina Jolie after all the fame & fortunes still recognized the need to be married & live under a man."

MizMyColi:‎- And is this thread in anyway advocating that ladies shouldn't get married?
Did Angelina pursue her dreams or not?
Did she live life on her own terms or not?
Did you read this part of the topic or not?

"I believe that such backward thinking, rather than creating strong stable marriages only leads to a weak form of it. For a marriage should be between two individuals who know themselves and are complementing each other on their personal growth and development and NOT where one person seeks value and worth in another person or institution" 

More....

‎Dicefrost:‎- Unfortunately miss, you can't change that which has been indoctrinated and embedded. The ultimate ambition of almost every girl i know is to get married. In my final year in school, every girl i know wants to get married immediately after service. Outside house keeping, make up, and movies they know nothing else. I wont say they are dull, but their orientation, awareness and perception is so narrow. The only thing that borders them is how to find a man to marry. Its unfortunate, really really unfortunate but you can't change it, that is how a Nigerian girl child is brought up. Appreciate your effort though.

MizMyColi:‎ Hahahahahhha
I used to be that girl too, whose ultimate ambition was to serve my husband, with my blood sef if desperate times call for it.
But all that is changing now.‎
And my dear, impossible is nothing.‎

Do I still want to get married? No "still want" is Undermining...I DESIRE to get married.
Why? I want to form a lifelong partnership with someone who understands what it's like to be me.
I want to build a home and kids who are replicas of their creator. I am aware that two heads are better than one. I want to be with someone whom I will share my completeness with, someone who understands that I am not lacking in any way. He helps me grow, I help him grow.

I want to be the wife of someone who understands that CHRIST IN US IS OUR ONLY HOPE OF GLORY. Not woman in man or man in woman is our only hope of glory.
OR Man needing woman/Woman NEEDING MAN is our only hope of glory.

Now I believe that there is a right time for everything under the Sun.
Mine is happening now.
What about those who will not have their desires met till they are 30 going on 35?‎
Should they be miserable, desperados who have no iota of self anymore, other than a ring and a title?

Is it actually okay to live in the awareness that you are complete and you're not lacking in anyway even if you do not have a man to call your own?
What happened to your dreams?
Why did you jettison them?
Why lay it all down for a future you are not even sure of whem and how it will happen? Why? Why?
If it is marriage you desire, you will have it. It will come. Know the one in whom you have believed. If you do not desire marriage, forget the 1980s talk on this thread....don't force yourself to desire it. It is not compulsory. Fulfilling your inner purpose is what's compulsory.
Either ways, just be! learn to always be at a state of peace and rest.

Will there be times when you feel an aching for someone, for some intimate loving, yes.
But you cannot let that become your sole focus...you can't.
You are much more than that babe!
Carry on! Live, Please!
Feel free to walk away and disidentify from negative situations and negativity.

*Sighs* Sorry Dicefrost, most of what I typed up there isn't for you.
I can see these epistle spirits won't leave me.
lemme logout of NL first‎

‎On when I was confronted about being a feminist on this thread....

MizMyColi:- ‎Lols
Perhaps, the activist in me gives me off as one.
I am not for Equality...I am for equity, fairness and justice.

Pray tell, in all of the above,where is the contradiction? Where is the hypocrisy?‎

‎**************
If I didn't want anyone to know about my marriage, no one won't. Why would I hide my marital  status and still mention it on an open forum such as Nairaland?

I have said it before and I reiterate.
I am NEITHER a feminist nor an atheist. I have my own orientation and ideologies which are clearly thought out and have been working for me.

As far as the institution of marriage is concerned. I do not believe in the concept of Equality. I am for equity, fairness and justice.

Anyone who has contrary proof of my reiteration above may now show forth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Ran Away From Home With My Sister / My Husband Thinks I'm A Liar. / My Husband Left Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.