Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Ladipo Market Finally Demolished - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished (61393 Views)

Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair / Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by fkaz(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
Cyriacus Izuekwe

Traders at Ladipo Main Market in Mushin, Lagos State, western Nigeria, were in shock and tears as bulldozer and a team of security personnel arrived the market on Thursday to demolish the market for reconstruction.

As at 4.30 pm on Thursday shops had been brought down while the exercise continues on Friday. Traders were ordered to leave the market with their goods and when they attempted to resist, the bulldozer moved in and started the demolition.

Some goods were destroyed as many of the traders were not in their shops because of the Independence Day celebration and public holiday.

Traders and the Mushin Local government had been at loggerheads over plans to re-construct the market and turn it into a modern plaza.

The traders, through their leaders alleged that they were not carried along before the plans to re-construct the market was carried out.

They expressed concern over what happened to shop owners in other markets where such reconstruction was carried out and they never got back their shops after the reconstruction.

It was because of that that they resisted the plan and went to a Lagos High Court to obtain an injunction to stop the demolition.

Following the order, the traders, developer and Mushin Local Government went into discussion and negotiation which led to a truce. And the traders, through their BOT chairman, Nnamdi Chukwuka, withdrew the matter from the court.

P.M.NEWS gathered that at the meeting it was agreed that the traders would vacate their shops on 1 October, 2015 for work to begin in some parts of the market.

It was in line with the agreement that the developer moved in and started the demolition.

The traders who spoke to our reporter said they had agreed to vacate the market on Sunday, 4 October, for work to start on Monday, 5 October.

They said they were shockec when the the government officials came and asked the traders to move out and did not allow them to remove anything in their shops before demolishing their shops.

As at the time of filing this report the demolition was still going on as traders were busy removing their goods from the rubble in their shops.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/10/02/ladipo-market-finally-demolished/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by kettykin: 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is good

45 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by simplycarro: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
Good riddance, we need sanity in Ajao and Palm Avenue. They've turned my childhood neighborhood into a slum and crime infested area.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by FatIjeomaOkolie: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is excellent development

Kudos to the government

Let's see what Igbos will do now since Lagos is no mans land

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Chrystover: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
I won't blame the traders for their reluctance to move out because
...They expressed concern over what happened to shop owners in other markets
where such reconstruction was carried out and they never got back their shops
after the reconstruction.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Gravanno: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Kudos to the government

They'll wail online, issue several worthless ultimatums on radio Biafra, petition ICC.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by alaoeri: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Those at Alaba should expect similar thing very soon.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by wasco24: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
no man's land they say so who is the man that demolished it

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Chrystover: 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Kudos to the government

Lazy bigoted Igbo-wannabe, food don done for you abi?

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by EdCure: 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
So, the government should not develop and remodel the market simply because the trders are afraid of losing their shops and spaces thereafter? This is the true meaning of "Enemy Of Progress". They just want the place to remain archaic so that they can have enough excuses to continue to messup the area and constitute their nuisance.

BTW, demolition or not, most traders hardly treat evacuation notice with the seriousness it deserves.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Sai Ambode shocked

See below for places where new businesses can spring

- Onitsha main market
- Nnewi main market
- Okpoko main market
- Umuleri main market
- Feggae main market
- Oba main market

All in Anambra State, South Eastern Nigeria grin

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by lurther: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
This people don't know that igbos are wise.

I can still vividly remember how fashola demolished tejuosho market at yaba to build a shopping mall all in the name of Reconstruction.

It is almost 2years they have finished building and commisioned that tejuosho market. Infact, they have commisioned it 3 times, yet the place is empty, desolate and rottening. Make yoruba traders go collect the shop na. I always laugh anytime I pass there, you will see girls dancing while music is being played, begging igbo men to come collect shop.

Hahahahahahah!!! They should continue to demolish all the markets, no problem. They will demolish and demolish and demolish till they realize that there is no more revenue to collect.

I implore my igbo brothers to go start a huge motor parts market in the south-east were the whole of africa can come an patronise them, like how innoson located his motor plant in Nnewi. All this petty actions by the yorubas could turn out to be a blessing to Ndigbo at the long run, while they loose out totally.

Please, my people go to tejuosho market today... they are just paying security there for nothing, over 2years now. We don get sense.

351 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by abu12: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
[size=15pt]if u don't want ibos in lagos, they are ready 2 move their business enmasse down 2 kwara state

Sai saraki [/size]

85 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Balkan(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
k
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Republlican(f): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
If they like let them demolish all the shops in.Lagos

Ibos will still continue to excel and buy all the houses in lag cheesy

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by baralatie(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
shocked
another tejuosho multi billion market!

my condolences goes to the families and homes who have been affected by this exercise.May God grant you all speedy recovery in your finances,businesses!
and protect your families as well

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by LordMecuzy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
Kudos to the government
Let me "comment my reserve"
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by xmich(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Suffering and smileing,life goes on

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by FatIjeomaOkolie: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chrystover:

Lazy bigoted Igbo-wannabe, food don done for you abi?

Free me abeg. Am I the one that destroyed your uncles 2x2 shop at Ladipo?

Chukwu okike abiama Fire your mouth dia if you abuse me again

Mkpi

66 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by coolitempa(f): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ladipo market was a nuisance.......reminds one of those dirty markets in iboland......thank goodness it's finally gone...... grin.....gradually by stealth....our leaders are sending the flat.heads a message of orderliness and ownership..... grin....next stop.....Alaba.......let them continue to abuse and provoke us.....we go see who go cry........ cheesy

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by ArodewilliamsT: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
My stupid brothers can go and develop another bush for them shouting 'one nigeria', after 10 years they'll come demolish it. If you can't see the signs that nigeria's end is near, then i can't help you.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by simplycarro: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Mkpi

grin grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Chrystover: 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Mkpi
Are you done?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Chrystover: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hmmm my heartfelt condolence to those that were affected.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Sagytarius(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by abu12: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
lurther:
This people don't know that igbos are wise.

I can still vividly remember how fashola demolished tejuosho market at yaba to build a shopping mall all in the name of Reconstruction.

It is almost 2years they have finished building and commisioned that tejuosho market. Infact, they have commisioned it 3 times, yet the place is empty, desolate and rottening. Make yoruba traders go collect the shop na. I always laugh anytime I pass there, you will see girls dancing while music is being played, begging igbo men to come collect shop.

Hahahahahahah!!! They should continue to demolish all the markets, no problem. They will demolish and demolish and demolish till they realize that there is no more revenue to collect.

I implore my igbo brothers to go start a huge motor parts market in the south-east were the whole of africa can come an patronise them, like how innoson located his motor plant in Nnewi. All this petty actions by the yorubas could turn out to be a blessing to Ndigbo at the long run, while they loose out totally.

Please, my people go to tejuosho market today... they are just paying security there for nothing, over 2years now. We don get sense.

U knw ibos don't like where there is orderliness, only few can compete in business, where there rule an regulation. Ibos like cutting corners, sell fake product 2 cheat unsuspected customers, they hate standard due 2 selfish gain. So they will avoid tejuso

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by lurther: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
Okay! Can the yorubas that don't cheat go and collect the shop? What are they waiting for na? The greatest yoruba business men that don't cut corners in business are still looking at the orderly tejuosho market as it rottens away. Make they go collect the shops na.
abu12:

U knw ibos don't like where there is orderliness, only few can compete in business, where there rule an regulation. Ibos like cutting corners, sell fake product 2 cheat unsuspected customers, they hate standard due 2 selfish gain. So they will avoid tejuso

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by Sagytarius(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
coolitempa:
Ladipo market was a nuisance.......reminds one of those dirty markets in iboland......thank goodness it's finally gone...... grin.....gradually by stealth....our leaders are sending the flat.heads a message of orderliness and ownership..... grin....next stop.....Alaba.......let them continue to abuse and provoke us.....we go see who go cry........ cheesy
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Kudos to the government

FatIjeomaOkolie:

Mkpi
Gravanno:

They'll wail online, issue several worthless ultimatums on radio Biafra, petition ICC.

105 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by ketekete: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is very very bad.. Beyond words!

7 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Finally Demolished by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pencil Factory's Ready, Pics Of The Factory & Pencils Produced / 'Obituary': See What A Loan Shark Did To One Of Their Defaulters / Man Hides His Money In A Can In Lagos - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.