Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

This Guy Bought ‘google.com’ From Google For One Minute - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Guy Bought ‘google.com’ From Google For One Minute (339 Views)

9 Years Old Boy Breaks World Record By Clapping 1,080 Times In One Minute / 7-year-old Girl Asks Google For A Job - And Gets A Response / I Can't Access Www.nairaland.com From My Computer Or Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Guy Bought ‘google.com’ From Google For One Minute by segello: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ex-Googler Sanmay Ved was the lucky buyer of “Google.com,” if only for a minute.

Ved told Business Insider that he was up late and searching Google Domains, Google’s website-buying service, when he noticed thatGoogle.com was available.

Instead of a gray sad face that indicates a domain has an owner, the green happy face showed it was available.

The cost to buy the most-trafficked domain in the world? Only $12.
“I used to work at Google so I keep messing around with the product. I type in Google.com and to my surprise it showed it as available,” Ved told Business Insider. “I thought it was some error, but I could actually complete check out.”
Ved added it to his shopping cart and, surprisingly, the transaction went through.

Instead of receiving the normal “you bought a domain” emails from the company, his Google Search Console dashboard, which has an overview of his other websites, was updated with messages for the Google.comdomain owner. He also received emails with internal information, which he has since reported to Google’s security team, Ved said.

“The scary part was I had access to the webmaster controls for a minute,” Ved said.
more on...http://nairametrics.com/this-guy-bought-google-com-from-google-for-one-minute/

(1) (Reply)

Qoute Of The Day(photos) / Instructions And Guide In Full Detail / Beware: Cross The Express-roads & And Get Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.