Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (10388 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. / Alien Life: Fiction Becoming A Reality? / Astronomers Release The Keys To Finding Alien Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
bqlekan:

I think that is more of a reason we should not be surprised when aliens finally visits.. the division in NASA has been a revealing factor for the existence of these extra-terrestials..
I mean why would some ex NASA officials debunk the theories of the mother body..
I think we should keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Annunaki(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
hahn:
I'm here to learn.

*grabs bottle of origin and a pack of sticks*

This will be interesting grin

Amebo, irt's spelt orijin and not origin. Olodo tongue
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Annunaki(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
It is a discussion

this is from the topic: None of the products of this discourse should be taken as truth but rather a proposed possibility of observed fact that might not be true...

So maybe you should do your research on Sumerian Annunakis and other Semitic deities like Ea, Yahweh, El, Enlil and others.

This has nothing to do with your beliefs or religion... but rather historical probabilities...

I am an annunaki I don't need to do any Research about my race. angry

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by bqlekan(m): 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]This brings the Annunaki story to mind.

According to the sumerian texts these beings dubbed Elohim (plural) in semitic tongue came to earth looking for gold.

They are wildly represented to possess wings connoting flight. flying machines has been vaguely represented in the depiction of these beings.

This beings are depicted in many Sumerian influenced cultures. .

E.g: A coin from the Persian province of Yahud depicts a figure named YWH (Yahweh) on it which appears to be seating on a winged wheel.. (flying machine)Picture below..

Ezekiel also allegedly had seen winged fiery creatures with eyes all over their bodies (Like little windows all over the body of an aeroplane or space craft)

fiery connotes heat propulsion just like a rocket or jet. . Could all these mean something

What do you think, could it be like the Sumerians suggested, these beings Annunakis (elohim) from whence most conventional semitic deities developed were extra-terrestrials?
[/b]
Read about these Anunnakis sometimes ago, but was quick to dismiss it as ancient folklore.. you know its sound ridiculous to believe we are mining gold for them...
with proper study, they are all pointing towards the direction of Alien visit to earth.. even the Mayans have their own prove of Alien visits., if we really can believe in piece of craps (no disrespect) dug out by archeologists, ( goliath skull, dinosaurs skeleton et al), why not give there Sumerian and Mayan artifacts little recognition.

The signs are crystal clear, ranging from the conspiracy in NASA, the WOW! signal, UFO sightings, unorthodox occurrences. Also, the rate of increase in ground-breaking discoveries in all aspect of science and technology for the past ten years is alarming..

I think something is not right somewhere... I think the aliens are coexisting with us already

6 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by bqlekan(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
krattoss:
I think if at all they exist, they're capable of Anything.
yeah, anything, that is why we should be more careful and alert
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by freecocoa(f): 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
You know, somehow, I really won't be surprised if some of those stories we call myths actually happened, even that of jesus sef but the only thing is that, they garnished the story wella to achieve an aim.grin
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
freecocoa:
You know, somehow, I really won't be surprised if some of those stories we call myths actually happened, even that of jesus sef but the only thing is that, they garnished the story wella to achieve an aim.grin
Most of these ancient antiquities has actual references but most are smeared with myths.

E.g: the tower of babel tale is actually originally a Babylonian story and was a tower to the honour of Mardurk the Babylonian elevated deity.

or the Achilles tale that probably depicts a historical warlord who was a talented fighter but the myth comes when homer maybe moved by Achilles' outstanding talent wanted to elevate him among men and he wrote Achilles mother was a nymph (more like a goddess) and his skin cannot be pierced..

The Jesus tale just like Krishna i think depicts a historical figure tho krishna tale happened centuries before Jesus.

i make them that they might be real figure both krishna and Jesus but myths enters the story when both stories say Krishna and jesus were born of Gods, born of virgin human women, walked on water... that is where the myths become too clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by freecocoa(f): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Most of these ancient antiquities has actual references but most are smeared with myths.

E.g: the tower of babel tale is actually originally a Babylonian story and was a tower to the honour of Mardurk the Babylonian elevated deity.

or the Achilles tale that probably depicts a historical warlord who was a talented fighter but the myth comes when homer maybe moved by Achilles' outstanding talent wanted to elevate him among men and he wrote Achilles mother was a nymph (more like a goddess) and his skin cannot be pierced..

The Jesus tale just like Krishna i think depicts a historical figure tho krishna tale happened centuries before Jesus.

i make them that they might be real figure both krishna and Jesus but myths enters the story when both stories say Krishna and jesus were born of Gods, born of virgin human women, walked on water... that is where the myths become too clear
Yeah, you are right, they over cooked the story.

I am fascinated by the Hindu goddess of love(parvati.)One actress kept making reference to her in the series sense8 and it caught my attention, I really sometimes wonder if they existed with all those attributes, wouldn't be bad to know for sure.grin

Could it be that the world exists with different beings at different times?You know, just moving on with nothing like after life. I have thought of it.
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by hahn(m): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Annunaki:

Amebo, irt's spelt orijin and not origin. Olodo tongue

I only drink Aba made grin

And it is "it's" not irt's tongue

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Yeah, you are right, they over cooked the story.

I am fascinated by the Hindu goddess of love(parvati.)One actress kept making reference to her in the series sense8 and it caught my attention, I really sometimes wonder if they existed with all those attributes, wouldn't be bad to know for sure.grin
You know like i told you on whatsapp i have a crush on the greek goddess of love Aphrodite .... Imagine what i could do kneeling in between those long flawless legs grin

If i should kneel to a deity then it should be her cheesy

Could it be that the world exists with different beings at different times?You know, just moving on with nothing like after life. I have thought of it.

In most times they are just personification of a concept to give it meaning.

what causes humans to fall in love.. Uuhm the God and Goddess of love.

what incites and helps us at war... Uuhm God and Goddess of war.

What causes storms at sea... Uuhm God of the sea uranus.

so most of these are just vague personifications of these concepts..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by bqlekan(m): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
you guys are derailing ooo., grin
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by freecocoa(f): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
You know like i told you on whatsapp i have a crush on the greek goddess of love Aphrodite .... Imagine what i could kneeling in between those long flawless legs grin

what incites and helps us at war... Uuhm God and Goddess of love.

Lol, easy o, you know goddesses can be mean sometimes.grin

Anyways, right now sha, I don't want to imagine what would happen if we turned out not to be alone.cheesy
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 8:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, easy o, you know goddesses can be mean sometimes.grin

Anyways, right now sha, I don't want to imagine what would happen if we turned out not to be alone.cheesy
Nobody can ever look at this universe and conclude man is alone in this universe, that is outrightly near ridiculous.

Just this galaxy 100,000 light years in diameter can be harbouring millions of life in planets scattered all around it, civilizations or microbile life..

Now imagine the known observable universe, billions of galaxies around damn thats a lot.

There are possibly alien life forms out there in the universe of which our near neighbour Mars may open the list on i hope.

But either alone or not alone both are equally scary. . Let them be friendly oo ..

We might open diplomatic ties with other intergalactic or interstellar neighbours in the future...
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by davien(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
We just don't know how probable life is,nor if life is so improbable that we may be among the first living things out there or so far. But something we can say is that earth life started almost immediately, a mere 3.7 billion years(earliest micro-fossils) as compared to the earth being 4.5 billion years old.

But I won't jump to any conclusions, let the data speak for itself...
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by hahn(m): 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
You know like i told you on whatsapp i have a crush on the greek goddess of love Aphrodite .... Imagine what i could kneeling in between those long flawless legs grin

Lol @ god of sea ur anus grin

You're right though. Humans didn't know enough about themselves and the earth and decided to remain ignorant. It is just unfortunate people today still take these things seriously today when ignorance is a choice. sad
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by hahn(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Nobody can ever look at this universe and conclude man is alone in this universe, that is outrightly near ridiculous.

Just this galaxy 100,000 light years in diameter can be harbouring millions of life in planets scattered all around it, civilizations or microbile life..

Now imagine the known observable universe, billions of galaxies around damn thats a lot.

There are possibly alien life forms out there in the universe of which our near neighbour Mars may open the list on i hope.

But either alone or not alone both are equally scary. . Let them be friendly oo ..

We might open diplomatic ties with other intergalactic or interstellar neighbours in the future...

If aliens land in Nigeria some people will kill, cook and eat them grin
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
davien:
We just don't know how probable life is,nor if life is so improbable that we may be among the first living things out there or so far. But something we can say is that earth life started almost immediately, a mere 3.7 billion years(earliest micro-fossils) as compared to the earth being 4.5 billion years old.

But I won't jump to any conclusions, let the data speak for itself...
Scientists suggest ancient civilization may have thrived on Mars alongside when Mars oceans flourished, they suspect it because many datas point towards that.

Life on earth is quite a young one though, they might be older, extinct or younger ones out there but the nearest star to our own system Alpha centauri is 4light years away, dude that is an impossible distance to reach angry

Just the nearest star to us oo sad

So it is either we develop a teleporting technology or technologies that can be used to search into these Exo planets outside our system or galaxy.

But for now we can only extend a reaching hands towards our brother and sister planets in our own system starting from our paddy Mars bobo grin

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
hahn:

If aliens land in Nigeria some people will kill, cook and eat them grin
If you won't be the first to run at the sight of a superior technology..
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Scientists suggest ancient civilization may have thrived on Mars alongside when Mars oceans flourished, they suspect it because many datas point towards that.

Life on earth is quite a young one though, they might be older, extinct or younger ones out there but the nearest star to our own system Alpha centauri is 4light years away, dude that is an impossible distance to reach angry

Just the nearest star to us oo sad

So it is either we develop a teleporting technology or technologies that can be used to search into these Exo planets outside our system or galaxy.

But for now we can only extend a reaching hands towards our brother and sister planets in our own system starting from our paddy Mars bobo grin

There are suggestions that the inhabitants of Mars were obliterated through a nuclear war with a superior alien specie
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by hahn(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
If you won't be the first to run at the sight of a superior technology..

When the aliens start jumping out of their space ships Nigerians will confuse them for bush meat grin
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
bqlekan:

I think something is not right somewhere... I think the aliens are coexisting with us already

In what form ? Anthropomorphic form ?
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There are suggestions that the inhabitants of Mars were obliterated through a nuclear war with a superior alien specie
That is crazy scary, some suggest possible asteroid collision. . . Asteroid collision depending on the size is 10,000times power of a nuclear warhead..
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by bqlekan(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

In what form ? Anthropomorphic form ?
yeah, maybe, who knows of they can shape-shift. remember we believe they may posses superior technology
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
bqlekan:

yeah, maybe, who knows of they can shape-shift. remember we believe they may posses superior technology

That's what was perceived . Or more like Aliens having or possessing superior technology could be science fiction. What if they have not attained the level of intelligence we are in ? So why can't we be the superior ones ?
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

That's what was perceived . Or more like Aliens having or possessing superior technology could be science fiction. What if they have not attained the level of intelligence we are in ? So why can't we be the superior ones ?
The possibilities goes both ways but remember we are not anticipating just one but maybe millions just in this galaxy alone.

Some might be highly intelligent and civilized, some might be way too primitive and some might be just microbile life forms ...

Remember to them we are the Aliens here
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
freecocoa:

There were so many mystical events that took place here on Earth during the very early periods .

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by bqlekan(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

can we? I doubt that, and sci fictions you said? nah, I don't think I believe in that, every so called science fiction has a little background of truth in it. so Instead, I call it future projection..

so sir, we are the ones with inferior technology.., moreover we are the ones looking for them grin
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by macof(m): 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
well, I haven't got reason to believe aliens exist. Nature is beautiful and complex, she doesn't need to keep popping sentient beings everywhere

That flowing water existed on Mars and might still exist beneath the surface doesn't mean we have cousins on our neighbor planet. Natural selection has a wide variety of options, that humans are humans and not Chimps despite having common origins is just to buttress my point

even if there's life on mars, probably just bacteria-type organisms, factors that bring forth organisms like Humans or even fishes on earth might not be present on any other planet in the universe

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by macof(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Ehen! all those tales of God were just personification... its so obvious with Greeks, even justice was personified... I just love the ancient Greeks

lol grin Uranus is not God of sea o
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
macof:

Ehen! all those tales of God were just personification... its so obvious with Greeks, even justice was personified... I just love the ancient Greeks

lol grin Uranus is not God of sea o
Neptune joor... those two confuse me like P-squre
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
johnydon22:
That is crazy scary, some suggest possible asteroid collision. . . Asteroid collision depending on the size is 10,000times power of a nuclear warhead..

I know right . There are even NASA reports of asteroids having a safe distance from the earth for close to 2 months now . One was seen about 4-5 days ago .

But a more interesting claim by Stephen Hawking in a new interview with El Pais . He claims that the earth could be invaded and humanity conquered by nomadic advanced aliens . His words :

If aliens visit us, the outcome could be much like when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans.'Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational .The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.

I think the survival of the human race will depend on its ability to find new homes elsewhere in the universe, because there's an increasing risk that a disaster will destroy Earth.

Computers will overtake humans with AI at some point within the next 100 years. When that happens, we need to make sure the computers have goals aligned with ours.

But actually I dont think the human race could be obliterated through AI uprising , its not just a plausible assumption . I think Stephen so much holds abhorrent dooms- day beliefs grin . What do you think ?
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
bqlekan:
can we? I doubt that, and sci fictions you said? nah, I don't think I believe in that, every so called science fiction has a little background of truth in it. so Instead, I call it future projection..

so sir, we are the ones with inferior technology.., moreover we are the ones looking for them grin

Like John said . I could be either way . I just hate the fact that we are looking for them . Apart from " unscientific " reasons ,I wonder why mankind is so obsessed with finding aliens .Stop sending messages for God's sake ! It could mean trouble embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Check Bank Verification Number - BVN Via Phone / Grand Theft Auto 5 (gta V), Visa 2 Apk + Obb + Data Download / Complete Etisalat Blackberry Subscription Codes And Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.