Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (10407 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. / Alien Life: Fiction Becoming A Reality? / Astronomers Release The Keys To Finding Alien Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Jameselias: 11:25am On Oct 06, 2015
U pple keep saying we,we. Who are the we, as far as i know afrika, is not taking part in the search for alien life i stand to be corrected though,
so when the pple (the whites) who are searching for the aliens finds them they know what to do, remenber what happened when they found afrika, it will happen to the aliens, new slave trade- they will ship them dowm here to earth, perhapes this time around they won't be working in plantations, but kept in zoo's,
colonization- they will erode what ever is their value system, then replace it with materialism, chritainity, capitalism, and all thier slave related ism's,
it does't matter the level of the development of the aliens, the whites, are subtle they know what they are doing they have done it before, they will do it again,
i bet u, i pity this aliens if they are found, just like afrika
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Blakjewelry(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2015
hahn:

Why is everyone of the opinion that aliens, if they exist, will be more advanced than us? What if aliens just happen to be more primitive than us?

Let's take Mars for instance, it can be possible that whatever life that exists there do not have the intelligence to harness their resources like we have and might even find the first landing of earthlings as a visitation of the gods grin
Going by earth standard, if all conditions are right, then what to look for is the age of the parent star.
The older the star, the more likely advanced the civilization is. Take earth for instance, the planet is relatively young and so is it civilization, can you visualize earth in 10 to 100 million years for now.

The case of Mars is a special one. Here is small planet losing it magnetic shield you don't expect everything to go well. When I look at all the planets in the solar system, if I were to give the credit to a creator, I will say he did a lot of experimenting until he got one right. Take a look look Venus interchange it Mars and give it some of Jupiter's magnetism an just got something special

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2015
Johnydon22, how have u and ur parents been coping with ur atheism?
Do they know u are an agnostic atheist? What's their stand on u not subscribing to their religious views?

What about ur peers? Do they make jest of u?
Cos some of these uneducated guys always thinks that one is a devil incarnate when one argues on the existence of God.

Do u come out openly to counter God's existence or do u just keep it at ur mind, taking into cognizance that u are going contrary to the norms of the society via religion.

## the diary##

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by GooseBaba: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Mankind should desist from looking for aliens and look for empty planets and harvest their resources . Poverty will be alleviated easily and world economy would be boosted !

Hehehe, we have more than enough resources on planet earth to alleviate and eliminate poverty. If we stop operating on the wasteful economic policies of present day economic principles and monetary systems. We don't need empty planet for that..
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Sheikwonder(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
Has anyone here even considered Fermi's paradox in relation to alien theories? I think the Wikipedia page makes for good reading...
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Sheikwonder(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
The Fermi paradox (or Fermi's paradox) is the apparent contradiction between high
estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations, such as in the Drake equation, and the lack of evidence for such civilizations.[1] The basic points of the argument, made by physicists Enrico Fermi and Michael H. Hart, are: The Sun is a typical star, and there are billions of stars in the galaxy that are billions of years older.[2][3] With high probability, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets,[4][5] and if the earth is typical, some might develop intelligent life. Some of these civilizations might develop interstellar travel, a step the Earth is investigating now. Even at the slow pace of currently envisioned interstellar
travel, the Milky Way galaxy could be completely traversed in about a million years.[6] According to this line of thinking,
the Earth should already have
been visited by extraterrestrial
aliens though Fermi saw no
convincing evidence of this, nor
any signs of alien intelligence anywhere in the observable universe, leading him to ask, "Where is everybody?"[
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Sheikwonder(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Annunaki(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Sheikwonder:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

There is actually a lot evidence for alien visitations in our remote past especially in ancient monuments that we can't build even with the advanced technology we have today. Try googling 'ooparts' and you will find tonnes of evidence of alien visitation in our remote past.
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
Annunaki:

There is actually a lot evidence for alien visitations in our remote past especially in ancient monuments that we can't build even with the advanced technology we have today. Try googling 'ooparts' and you will find tonnes of evidence of alien visitation in our remote past.

Seems you are staking on the Annunaki stories and some other suspected Alien visits right...

Maybe we need to elaborate more on such possibilities...
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by sonmvayina(m): 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
i don't think they are aliens or ET..they are inter dimensional beings...
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Annunaki(m): 5:50am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Seems you are staking on the Annunaki stories and some other suspected Alien visits right...

Maybe we need to elaborate more on such possibilities...

I am actually referring to ancient megalithic structures found globally that could not possibly have been built by ancient people
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 7:00am On Oct 30, 2015
Annunaki:

I am actually referring to ancient megalithic structures found globally that could not possibly have been built by ancient people

What makes you say they could not have been built by these ancient folks, are they not homo sapiens?
This is like saying that "when referring to the internal space station" it could not possibly was built by us.

That you don't know how something was built doesn't mean Alien's did it... it simply means you don't...
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by Annunaki(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

What makes you say they could not have been built by these ancient folks, are they not homo sapiens?
This is like saying that "when referring to the internal space station" it could not possibly was built by us.

That you don't know how something was built doesn't mean Alien's did it... it simply means you don't...

We the Annunakis built them tongue
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2015
Annunaki:

We the Annunakis built them tongue

lmfao.. .. Annunakis built ancient monuments that wreaks of primitive architecture,

they couldn't even build a glass skyscraper and you want me to be impressed? undecided
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by sonmvayina(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

lmfao.. .. Annunakis built ancient monuments that wreaks of primitive architecture,

they couldn't even build a glass skyscraper and you want me to be impressed? undecided

i guess you have heard of the Benin moat?...who do you think dug them?
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2015
sonmvayina:

i guess you have heard of the Benin moat?...who do you think dug them?

People did... am guessing you have heard of space probes who do you think built them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by sonmvayina(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

People did... am guessing you have heard of space probes who do you think built them

naahh.....you missed it. with what You really need to open your mind..there are other realities apart from this physical one..FYI..the benin moat was not dug by humans, ask any chief from Benin City.
Re: Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) by johnydon22(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2015
sonmvayina:

naahh.....you missed it. with what You really need to open your mind..there are other realities apart from this physical one..FYI..the benin moat was not dug by humans, ask any chief from Benin City.

Actually i am the one who is open minded here because i am the one that agrees with discoveries based on systematic deductions and study not assumptions.

That you don't know how anything was built means you freaking do not know how it was built, there absolutely is no reason to assume up anything for it.

That you don't know how the moat was dug simply means you don't, it doesn't mean aliens or gods did.

There is no shame in not knowing, the only problem is when irrational unfounded assumptions replace gaps left by such ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Complete Etisalat Blackberry Subscription Codes And Plans / How To Check Bank Verification Number - BVN Via Phone / Solar Energy - All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.