Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy (1153 Views)

Smartphone Design Is Officially Dead, The Beasts Are Already Here - Naijatechguy / These Are The Top 6 Smartphone Trends That Will Dominate Next Year -naijatechguy / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by luigiajah(m): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Dear Tecno Nigeria,
I decided to write this letter because it seems you guys have forgotten why Nigerians initially accepted Tecno Android devices.

Nokia were long time favorites in the Nigerian mobile scene before they fell out of the trend by going into partnership with Microsoft and ended up producing Windows powered Mobile Phones.
Although, Nokia also launched the Nokia X and Nokia XL devices, Nigerians still preferred to purchase low end android devices because of the initial cost of the Nokia X and Nokia XL.

Tecno was initially chosen by many Nigerians because of 3 major reasons.

Durability
Long Lasting Battery
Low Cost

When models like the Tecno P3, P5,L3 and M3 were initially launched we all loved the phones because they were durable. It's also notable to say that the new devices you launched have more style and features that the initial android devices you entered the Nigerian android mobile scene with.

It's a good development that you guys have tried to step up your game by releasing the Tecno phantom 5. Unfortunately with competitors like Infinix,Injoo and Gionee in the scene , I must say that you guys have just started to follow the path Nokia followed and ended up where they are today.

I'm not a cheapskate but placing a phone at 70k,is way too high and many Nigerians won't even buy an over rated piece of metal.

http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/10/an-open-letter-to-tecno-on-tecno.html

#www.nairaland.com

cc lalasticlala
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by kemlily(f): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Not a fan of Techno dou grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by olufemimajek: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
its not by force to buy oga... those dt hv money wld buy... wt were u xpectn? for dem to make a good fone nd sell for chicken change abi? that dey started low cost doesnt mean dey shld remain low cost... iphone for example ( not evrybdy cn afford it) nd nobdy is complaining... u buy wt u can afford..... Tecno puting d fone at 70k is a good move, if u hv d money.. buy it! .... if u don't, Keep quiet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by luigiajah(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
olufemimajek:
its not by force to buy oga... those dt hv money wld buy... wt were u xpectn? for dem to make a good fone nd sell for chicken change abi? that dey started low cost doesnt mean dey shld remain low cost... iphone for example ( not evrybdy cn afford it) nd nobdy is complaining... u buy wt u can afford..... Tecno puting d fone at 70k is a good move, if u hv d money.. buy it! .... if u don't, Keep quiet

a good move if they don't go extinct soon
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Beware of my son kabiru
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lol.

Have never been a fan of tecno untill I saw this phantom 5. Phone is dope. Jux the brand name.

By the way, you guys should keep on bashing tecno with post like this, before january next year, the phone will come down to 40 to 50k. I go manage buy am. More bashing post please.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by donmarvex1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
I never liked tecno before.

Gionee's cool
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by jaymichael(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
donmarvex1:
I never liked tecno before.
Gionee's cool
You "damo" well well. Gionee no be tecno papa mate. #Gionee rocks
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by udemzyudex(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
jaymichael:
You "damo" well well. Gionee no be tecno papa mate.
#Gionee rocks

Gionee wey dey hang like say 2moro no dey.. Even on 1gb ram, ba3 takes time to charge... Don't even compare gionee with tecno..
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by jaymichael(m): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
udemzyudex:

Gionee wey dey hang like say 2moro no dey.. Even on 1gb ram, ba3 takes time to charge... Don't even compare gionee with tecno..
Just go to settings, then apps and clear contact and contact storage. you are good to go. To further prevent hanging, just go to contact, select filter contact and select only the sims present. You will see mail, whatsapp, facebook, gmail bla bla bla, just select only the sims you have present on your phone, you won't experience hanging again.
I use gionee myself.
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by Defaramade(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
stupidity:
Lol.

Have never been a fan of tecno untill I saw this phantom 5. Phone is dope. Jux the brand name.

By the way, you guys should keep on bashing tecno with post like this, before january next year, the phone will come down to 40 to 50k. I go manage buy am. More bashing post please.
Lolz gringringrin
Re: An Open Letter To Tecno On The Tecno Phantom 5 - Naijatechguy by udemzyudex(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
jaymichael:
Just go to settings, then apps and clear contact and contact storage. you are good to go. To further prevent hanging, just go to contact, select filter contact and select only the sims present. You will see mail, whatsapp, facebook, gmail bla bla bla, just select only the sims you have present on your phone, you won't experience hanging again.
I use gionee myself.

Gionee what?

(1) (Reply)

Israeli Satellite To Supply Sub- Saharan Africa With Free Internet / Install A Custom ROM And Root Your Windows Phone / New Google Social App (google Allo) Sets To Compete with the likes of Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.