Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration (137427 Views)

Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies / Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Skymiyke(f): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2016
ameer2:
Post grad in A.B.U...i wish evrybody dat wants to do dat goodluck.I cn assure yhu instead of doin 18months yu ll do lyk 5 years without graduating due to saddist lecturers dat dnt want u to reach their feat.Esp in Mathematics department
Tell dem make dem hear,how undergraduates take finish talk mre of PG!
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 2:00am On Mar 26, 2017
Thanks op and others for your holistic observations and criticism. Please, as regard M.sc(Nursing) & PGDE in NDU and Unilorin:
1)Which of the institution is better?
2)From the previous parameters, any change so far?
3)Which other school will you suggest?
Thanks in anticipations

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by fratermathy(m): 3:27am On Mar 26, 2017
gr8ofnnetwork:
Thanks op and others for your holistic observations and criticism. Please, as regard M.sc(Nursing) & PGDE in NDU and Unilorin:
1)Which of the institution is better?
2)From the previous parameters, any change so far?
3)Which other school will you suggest?
Thanks in anticipations

Dont even think it over. Ilorin is the winner in this one in terms of everything.

And yes, there are many changes so far. ABU Zaria and UNICAL are no longer reckoned with in terms of PG education.

I'd suggest UNILAG or UI if you are in the West, BUK Kano if you are in the North, UNIUYO if you are in the South and UNN if you are in the East. Alternatively, if you have the money, go for Covenant University.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
fratermathy:

Dont even think it over. Ilorin is the winner in this one in terms of everything.

And yes, there are many changes so far. ABU Zaria and UNICAL are no longer reckoned with in terms of PG education.

I'd suggest UNILAG or UI if you are in the West, BUK Kano if you are in the North, UNIUYO if you are in the South and UNN if you are in the East. Alternatively, if you have the money, go for Covenant University.

Thanks for your all encompassing suggestions. I am grateful sir
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by jackpot(f): 7:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Emyben:
Unizik deserves its place there.. I started my Msc studies in February, 2014 and i graduated 9th September, 2015. So, who says its not fast?

For those of you complaining about Unizik,, its Either you are delaying yourself or you are letting your dept delay you. Unizik is generally fast.
You are a special case, my friend. Unizik can frustrate for Africa. I've seen someone defending her MSc thesis this year 2017 with 2005 registration number.

The average number of years one can hope for is 3 years. You will equally pay tuition for those 3 years. Submitting project to the department and having your final defence can take up to a year or more.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Profandie(m): 8:02pm On May 05, 2017
I suggest National Open University of Nigeria but its just that they don't have many courses approved for postgraduate.
Those under Education faculty are the luckiest and I know they offer MBA too.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by uncommongrace: 4:29pm On May 27, 2017
please friends, I am aspirant of ABU postgraduate MSc accounting to be precised, I need help as regard to school fees and duration of the program. thanks.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Blogonlyowner: 7:55am On Jun 19, 2017
I agreed with UNILORIN, that is where I completed my Postgraduate Programme in Nigeria.
They seems to be on top always. Another recommendation is UNIPORT.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Apina(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2017
uncommongrace:
please friends, I am aspirant of ABU postgraduate MSc accounting to be precised, I need help as regard to school fees and duration of the program. thanks.
I'm also aspiring to do my masters there, do u have any info yet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by essentialone(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
Please ooo

I need the comprehensive list of the cost of running MSc in Business Administration in ALL federal government universities in Nigeria.

Please not MBA ooo.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by hoppcee: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
Please, for those interested in joining whatsapp platform in building a career in full time research and academics.
we will also give information on how to go about furthering for a M.Sc, Mphil, PhD and other Post Doc Programmes and finally the scholarship boards available
Send "Add me for Research" to 08162911871
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Mayfair1672: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
This is good cool

Https://www.thesunwise.com
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by emanjayz(m): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
For UNILAG MSC. qualifying past questions in Facility Management (Part Time Options) PAST QUESTIONS FROM 2010 TILL 2019.....pls do call or Whatapp Emma on 07062295199. @2.5K Softcopies .....Grab yours now and starts preparing....Forms will be sold immediately after this Lockdown.

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by LudaChriz(m): 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
hoppcee:
Please, for those interested in joining whatsapp platform in building a career in full time research and academics.
we will also give information on how to go about furthering for a M.Sc, Mphil, PhD and other Post Doc Programmes and finally the scholarship boards available
Send "Add me for Research" to 08162911871

Send the link
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by donbanj(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2020
Pls when will ABU Postgraduate form for 2020 be out. Or has it been out already?
Any information will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Admission Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.