Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,787 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Help!!! These Pups Are Sick - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!!! These Pups Are Sick (2206 Views)

Male And Female Rottweiler That Will Amaze U....pups Are For Sale / Dis Male And Female Bullmastiff Pups Are Someting Else.u Will Lovve Them.4 Sale / This Neapolitan Mastiffs Pups Are Just Too Fantastic....for Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by mitchyy(f): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hello guys,

My brother needs your help. He recently bought a pregnant cane corso. They mated her with a boerboel.
She gave birth to 8 pups three weeks back and yesterday he noticed some boil-like stuff all over their body. He is finding it very difficult identifying what could be wrong or what caused it and how to get rid of it. All the pups have them on their bodies.

Please help so he doesn't lose them.

Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by DidiLove1: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please contact the nearest reliable vet or any good one you have on call. You can also state your location so folks can assist recommend any close to you. My guess is it's a condition known as Myasis though am not certain. You can read it up to compare symptoms.
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by mitchyy(f): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
DidiLove1:
Please contact the nearest reliable vet or any good one you have on call. You can also state your location so folks can assist recommend any close to you. My guess is it's a condition known as Myasis though am not certain. You can read it up to compare symptoms.

He's in delta state, warri. The mother was not properly treated by her former owner while she was pregnant. Don't know if this is as a result
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by arcbay(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
That's called "myasis"...To prove this, he shld put palm oil at the tip of the lumps and press, a maggot-like stuff will come out...Myasis kills, he shld remove all the ones over their body, he can thereafter contact a good bet for antibiotics, such that can kill the eggs...
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
arcbay:
That's called "myasis"...To prove this, he shld put palm oil at the tip of the lumps and press, a maggot-like stuff will come out...Myasis kills, he shld remove all the ones over their body, he can thereafter contact a good bet for antibiotics, such that can kill the eggs...

You're right bro
Palm oil application do help.
Also gv them palm oil to drink,
Bath them with dog shampoo
It also helps
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by IRoyalkennel(m): 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
In a situation like this, its ur Vet u shud see or if u don't Av one, u shud see anyone close to u cause they are the only one who have solution to wats happening to ur pet... There is limit to wat petlanders can contribute ... So don't waste time and see a vet and we will be hapi to hear from u how they r doing...
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
U can be advised to continue to let them loose 24hr
But the solution is to supervise them and not let them sleep in moisty places which can only be achieved by supervised freedom as pups would only create moisty places to sleep in.
I can't imagine wanting to sell pups with sores all over!gosh
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by mitchyy(f): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thank you so much @bountydog @coolsmithz @iroyalkennel @arcbay @didilove1
I'm not the one who was in the situation. I'm not a dog breeder, just a dog owner. Was asking for my kid brother.
He followed your suggestions but maggot-like stuff didn't come out. Then the previous owner of the mother revealed that the first set of pups she had, had same issue.
He has taken them to the vet and they've all been treated. You know vets charge dog breeders a lot so I felt maybe its a trivial issue that can be managed with few suggestions from experienced breeders here.
Thanks a lot all. I truly appreciate the responses
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by IRoyalkennel(m): 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
mitchyy:
Thank you so much @bountydog @coolsmithz @iroyalkennel @arcbay @didilove1
I'm not the one who was in the situation. I'm not a dog breeder, just a dog owner. Was asking for my kid brother.
He followed your suggestions but maggot-like stuff didn't come out. Then the previous owner of the mother revealed that the first set of pups she had, had same issue.
He has taken them to the vet and they've all been treated. You know vets charge dog breeders a lot so I felt maybe its a trivial issue that can be managed with few suggestions from experienced breeders here.
Thanks a lot all. I truly appreciate the responses

your always welcome as we are always here to assist one another
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by viqSmallz(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2015
Had dis experience bfor...palm oil sure works...try squeezing d all maggots out bfor application....some might be in hidden places so search well..but its gonna b painful on d pups...also make sure ur dogs environment is clean and free from flies...cos its d flies dt lay eggs on dem and dere after changes to maggots...
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by Prodeegee(m): 5:16am On Dec 25, 2015
arcbay:
arc. This isnt myasis. Myasis always has a hole. I only see this when a dog is changing food or water or environment. And it happens mostly in puppies. Its nothing to worry about. It bursts itself.
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by iteleaye(m): 7:20am On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
arc. This isnt myasis. Myasis always has a hole. I only see this when a dog is changing food or water or environment. And it happens mostly in puppies. Its nothing to worry about. It bursts itself.

You are right, this isn't Myasis,. There are no holes this only contains pulse
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by swaxon(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Maybe the environment the dog is staying is dirty. It's a reaction so try using the dog shampoo but mix with a lot of warm water then use ur hand to rub it on them. Or u can use the powder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by mitchyy(f): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
swaxon:
Maybe the environment the dog is staying is dirty. It's a reaction so try using the dog shampoo but mix with a lot of warm water then use ur hand to rub it on them. Or u can use the powder

Thanks for your recommendation, but it happened months and they've already been treated and sold smiley
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by ceminez: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
So tell us how you treated them, so that others can learn
Re: Help!!! These Pups Are Sick by mitchyy(f): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
ceminez:
So tell us how you treated them, so that others can learn

I'm not the owner of the pups. I was asking for my brother. He took them to the vet as recommended here

(1) (Reply)

Red Nose Pitbull Puppies Available In Ph. / Adult Female Boerboel Available At A Less Price / Rocky The Corky Corgi (diary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.