Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:45 PM

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had (68337 Views)

Aisha Buhari Poses With First Ladies Of Gambia, Ghana, Ethiopia, In Addis Ababa / Hottest African First Ladies / Aisha Buhari Hosts Former First Ladies, Others At The Villa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Aminat508(f): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
The Office of the First Lady in Nigeria might not be constitutional but the women who have been beside past rulers in this country would forever hold their place in our memories and Nigerian history.

From the very first First Lady Flora Azikiwe to the present Aisha Buhari, Nigeria has had beautiful, strong women supporting their husbands through their regime.

And some of those women took extra care to ensure they were never going to be forgotten.

With their impeccable style and brains that most young women in this generation envy, here are the women with the biggest styles we admire

Maryam Babangida

And despite the notoriety of her husband’s tenure, by the time it was over, Mrs Babangida had empowered millions of women in Nigeria.

Court shoes, Iro and Blouse and making Ankara trendy are some of the fashion trends credited to this woman.

Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the woman who single-handedly changed the way the office of the First Lady was looked at.

Victoria Gowon

She became the First Lady years after her husband Yakubu Gowon became head of state. And this was because he only married years after he assumed the position and during the civil war (which history won’t forgive him for but hey, we’re here to discuss fashion trends this time).

Anyway, Oga Gowon brought Victoria into our consciousness and if old photos are to go by, she was one stylish woman

Stella Obasanjo

The former First Lady might have been dead for almost a decade (died late 2005) but we would forever remember her style and work.Known for her petite looks and afro, the beautiful First Lady did not only look effortlessly gorgeous in anything she wore, she also made her style quite influential.

Give it up for Mrs Obasanjo, the Queen of recent First Ladies.

Hajiya Turai Umar Musa iar'Adua

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbRYc7hlMTED48kqcpYEqcgqezCxzgiL4DZwyFraIe7Wf7yjzDFhZdJkk[/img]
is the widow of former Nigerian President and former Katsina State Governor Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. She served as the First Lady of Nigeria from 2007 until the death of her husband, President Yar'Adua, on May 5, 2010
Patience Jonathan

A lot of Nigerians might have grown impatient with Patience’s bad grammar and her husband’s regime but there is no taking away the style this woman had while in OfficeNot one to have a bad makeup day or one to wear an unflattering traditional attire, Mrs Jonathan definitely had her style and owned it while she was First Lady

Aisha Buhari

Aisha Buhari might be trying to ensure she does not “over glorify” the office of the First Lady but she cannot stop us from swooning.

The current First Lady is stylish, beautiful and elegant.

This list won’t be complete until we talk about the one stylish woman that would have influenced the face of 90s fashion if she and her husband were given the chance.

And that woman is Kudirat Abiola
Kudirat Abiola

Perhaps if given the chance, this beautiful activist would have not just influenced a generation of women to be greater but would have been a fashion icon

Kudirat, the wife of Late MKO Abiola who famously fought for him while in prison is the biggest most fashionable First Lady Nigeria never had

Source:http://www.360nobs.com/2015/10/nigeria-at-55-the-most-stylish-first-ladies-naija-ever-had/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
ok noted
Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
This one no concern me ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Firefire(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
Great Women. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Truckpusher(m): 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Firefire:
Great Women. tongue
They weren't great at all.

They only fuccked great men and ended up in the corridors of power.Even as mama peace nearly overthrew our man and Turai had a firm grip on the Nigerian Presidency grin

This is simply the power of toto. grin

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
Aishat Buhari
Sai Mama

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
Aishat Buhari Cute... Aishat Buhari Elegant...Aishat Buhari Beautiful...Aishat Buhari Georgous.....

Aishat Buhari.... SAI MAMA

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by WIZGUY69(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
cheesyPersonally, I will give it to Aisha & Stella, those women are f.cling beautiful.

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Laveda(f): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
They weren't great at all.

They only fuccked great men and ended up in the corridors of power.Even as mama peace nearly overthrew our man and Turai had a firm grip on the Nigerian Presidency grin

This is simply the power of toto. grin
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by ollysaks: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
grin grin ;Standing and clapping for the one and only mama peace.
She beat the pack

Took on, PMB and declared him brain dead,
Fought Ameachi n uproot him from rivers state to take refuge in abuja.
Gave us videos that entertained the whole nation and made english language interesting.

Ma, u were fashionable and fun.

Maryam Babagida RIP is next

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Truckpusher(m): 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
Laveda:
grin grin grin grin
What's funny about it ? cheesy
Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Laveda(f): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
What's funny about it ? cheesy
"They only fuccked great men and ended up in the corridors of power". "This is simply the power of toto" grin grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Truckpusher(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
Laveda:
"They only fuccked great men and ended up in the corridors of power". "This is simply the power of toto" grin grin
Don't tell me thay you're not aware what toto can do to an average man.

Even great men are easily conquered by a willing and a domineering toto.

You sef wey be Oga go dey answer madam : yes ma! cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Laveda(f): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Truckpusher:
Don't tell me thay you're not aware what toto can do to an average man.

Even great men are easily conquered by a willing and a domineering toto.

You sef wey be Oga go dey answer madam : yes ma! cheesy
That's true...so ya'll shouldn't underestimate the power of "toto"

But your post was really hillarious...got me cracking grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by strawb(f): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Aisah Buari is simple and classy. Love that gentle smile grin
Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Maryam Babaginda started this FIRST lady thing!

Others were just normal wives

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by geedeex2(m): 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Why is mama peace dancing shoki?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Republlican(f): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
The OP is even high kudirat Abiola was never any time a first lady.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by GboyegaD(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
The current first lady is classy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by justino57(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Make em flex
Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Sweetyie(f): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
Put my name there oh. Loving this Mama P pics oh, she looks so classy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by bqlekan(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
all dem fine except..... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2015

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Truckpusher(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Laveda:
That's true...so ya'll shouldn't underestimate the power of "toto"

But your post was really hillarious...got me cracking grin grin
Even in our homes have you noticed that anytime your mom stands by you especially when you're dad is about to unleash his nuclear warheads on you it will only take a few tiny voice from your mom to stop the entire Hiroshima that would have befallen you. grin

But what happens when your mom is the one reporting your misdeed to the old guard? - You're so done and your dad would be like : Next time tawai! You don't tawai! Listen tawai! To your mother tawai!!!! I will mangle you, I'll disown you and throw you outside . grin

That was toto beating you to stupor . cheesy

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by easysmiles: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
CHAI!!! CHAI!!! CHAI!!!

[size=16pt] Mama Patience[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by damiloladuke: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Patience be like Sisi Eko

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by activelyA(f): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
Miriam....beautiful black!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by DrPrickson: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Everyday I pray to God to give me a wife like PEJ. A woman with a strong will, brave as a lion, fearless, soft on the outside and hard as steel on the inside yet so emotional and loving. A kind beautiful woman full of grandeur. My mama peace. I love you . My regards to the father of true democracy in Nigeria, Dr GEJ

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by PHILKINGS(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Brb
Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by Sijo01(f): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
RIP Stella cry

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had by TeGaTeGa1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See This Funny Sanwo-Olu Campaign Poster I Saw In A Danfo Bus Today / Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death / Saraki In The Dock At Code Of Conduct Tribunal — LIVE UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.