Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,450 members, 7,801,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? (36194 Views)

Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Ladies, Would You Allow Your Friend Date Your 21yrs Son? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by clemdo: 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
but if you think your friend is so bad for your sister/brother, then why is he/she your friend?
I tire o, i think the guy is only jealous of his friend
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by tbmas(m): 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:

*air humps*

Yeah, I like to nail things wink grin
carpenteress grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Funnyfola4: 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
In as much as they understand each other!!!!
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by GodblessNig247(m): 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:

If s/he's good to go, then I won't object. That's my crew after all. My only concern is when their relationship ends. I'll be forced to be in the middle, I feel.

I think with what u have said so far I deduced that u are not comfortable with the whole idea whether ur friend is clean or not.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Cityguy: 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Say wetin nau? My sister? Hehehehehe.... I no carry friendship reach there abeg.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by GodblessNig247(m): 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
remember007:
Am a lone child cry cry :I miss having a sister or a brother '( cry cry

U are not pls. I can be ur big bro. for real
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by GodblessNig247(m): 12:07am On Oct 03, 2015
Hannysmilez:
My BFF dating my brother? Bring the HELL to the NO. She is nice and I'm sure she will make a perfect wife to ANOTHER DUDE. Having my bestie married to my brother is a hundred shades of screwed up. I'd rather have our siblings intermarry.

Thats a strong one but hope u know u don't have the final say. Just pray they are not hell bent in dating or getting married cos if they are u can't do nothing
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 03, 2015
GodblessNig247:

U are not pls. I can be ur big bro. for real
grin grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by GodblessNig247(m): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Tobium1:
So I shld just sit down and imagine my best friend fncking my own sister?! Ah!!! I can't allow dat oo

Hope u are ok
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by akbod02: 12:27am On Oct 03, 2015
WeedSeller:
#Make VICTOR date ma sis?person wey dey tear oloshoS anyhow even on sundays# Nno !
U right sha, una de bleep olosho together.... Wasiu sev no fit talk say he want date my sister cos we de rough town together
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by olori98(f): 12:41am On Oct 03, 2015
shuuuuooooo y not as long as she z cool y not BT if she z not o boy no jez near my bro
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by friends4ever(m): 1:36am On Oct 03, 2015
Hey...remember what tony Montana did to his best Friend for dating his sister
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by playtheblues(f): 2:38am On Oct 03, 2015
Akwa Ibom Civil Servants Employed Since Nov/Dec 2014 Have Not Been Paid A Dime by playtheblues: 9:00pm On Oct 02
It is with deep sorrow that I write this.
We Akwaibomites are usually very peaceful and are not the types to complain easily. This is the reason why Udom Emmanuel thinks he can do anything to us and get away with it.
While Udom is busy building mansions in his village and who-knows-elsewhere we the latest employed staff of Akwa Ibom Civil Service (employed since Nov/Dec 2014) have not received even a kobo of our salaries from the Government and we are expected to come to work daily.
Most of us have been borrowing money from people and our sponsors are now tired of supporting us.
It is going to a year since we were employed, yet our salaries have been withheld all in the name of countless biometrics.
Udom has fixed our money in the bank to attract interests for him.
Everyday we are asked to sign one paper or the other in the name of bank verification yet we have not seen any salary.
Some of us who are posted to far places spend a lot of money on transportation to and from work yet Udom does not care.
My lawyer cousin who was also employed with me told me that they sponsor themselves to courts, prisons and police stations daily without any salary. They also sponsored themselves to Bar Conference in Abuja in August 2015 without even a single penny support from Udom/the Government.
The engineers are not left out as they are sent out to the field in a scorching sun with empty stomachs.
Human Rights activists in Nigeria please intervene in this matter. The masses should please join us into talking sense into our obviously selfish Governor into paying us our accumulated salaries.
I am a married man with a family to support. Udom please don't make us think of commuting suicide like that civil servant in Bayelsa who committed suicide due to unpaid 13-month salaries. Don't reduce us to beggars/chronic borrowers either.
We are tired of this hardship! We are grieving.
#seun
#lalasiclala
#ishilove
#introvert
#chocolateme
#ladyf
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
greatwaters:
I don't know why most people do not seem to approve of a relationship between their best friend and their sister/brother.

Even my roommate swore that he'll never allow it.
Is it wrong? if yes, why?

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:29am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer

A bucket of icecream for u
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by bummyla(m): 3:37am On Oct 03, 2015
no way! it is against our rule of law! I won't be comfortable with it! I discuss everything with my guys everything! I won't be comfortable discussing my younger sister or discussing my friend's emotional state of mind with my younger sister! Period! http://www.bummyla.com

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by athorello(m): 4:23am On Oct 03, 2015
Dating my sister...eh? My cousin? no much grumps cos I sometimes crush on her. Anyway I have different friends (besties and non besties), some a naughty others are just cool or not rough. So, it's depending but I'll prefer the chairman dating or preferrably marry my sister before we become best friends.
But why is it that guys can easily suggest their cousins to friends and most of the time also crush on their friend's sisters leading to backyard dealings and f******* everything Me I still dey wish o cos I gat fear and respect.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by 2climbi: 5:23am On Oct 03, 2015
op you can't use this thread to change tradition you and your friend cannot be the same again
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by switchmax8: 5:27am On Oct 03, 2015
as for me i do not see anything wrong as long as your friend has future and he is responsible and will be able to take care of your sister when they married.My friend married my younger sister 6yrs ago and as am typing i married my friend's Niece though initially he objected to it but do not have a choice than to let go.
If it is your sister advice her to watch out for the guy if really he wants to marry her or date her.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Your best friend is probably that one person that knows almost everything about you, including your relationship history, depending on how long you've known them. So if they disapprove of a relationship between you & their sibling it could mean two things 1)they think you're scum & not good enough for their sister 2) they don't wanna have to pick sides should things not work out between you two.
U've never failed to speak my mind!..#thumbs up#

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 03, 2015
If am dating you, I divorce your family members at least till I decide you're the one; am a player and I consider it rude to play someone I call friend by sleeping with their Sister...of course I have my friend's sisters trying to get with me but they know it's a matter of principle..now their friends on the other hand....
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
but if you think your friend is so bad for your sister/brother, then why is he/she your friend?
There are certain things that can be put up with in friendship,but not in a romantic relationship....

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Of course not. But still, I know too much about them to ever be comfortable with them dating anyone in my family. Just imagine if at one point they dated two people at once or whatever scandalous things they've done in the past. You may not judge them too much as a friend but the script flips the moment a family member comes into the picture. Call it shift of loyalty or whatever.
I fink I love u...lol
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2015
WeedSeller:
#Make VICTOR date ma sis?person wey dey tear oloshoS anyhow even on sundays# Nno !
Hahahhahahahahah grin
WeedSeller:
Hahahhahahahahah
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 03, 2015
First off,I fink it's d guys dah'll mostly object in dis forum..based on d fact that guys tend to be protective of their sisters and they may not have very "straight" friends.
But in my opinion,as long as my friend is good enough (I should be able to attest to my best friend's true character), then I don't see what else I've got to do in that. Plus,my sibling too has to be a levelheaded person that won't hurt my friend...If none of these conditions is attainable, d best I'd do is advise them against going into a relationship... I can't force it...these individuals are adults,and they are responsible 4 whatever decisions they make...The only disadvantage of one's best friend nd sibling dating is that d friendship might become strained...
Being too close aint advisable,bcoz one might find himself meddling consciously or unconsciously coz he'd know too much bout d happenings in d relationship....

#Philosopher Quëën#
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by seunfunmi33(m): 6:00am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:

*air humps*
Yeah, I like to nail things wink grin
are you a carpenter
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by macaranta(m): 6:07am On Oct 03, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Your best friend is probably that one person that knows almost everything about you, including your relationship history, depending on how long you've known them. So if they disapprove of a relationship between you & their sibling it could mean two things 1)they think you're scum & not good enough for their sister 2) they don't wanna have to pick sides should things not work out between you two.

Exactly, you just seem to know the promiscuity of your best friend,and you can't allow your sister be with them unless it's really serious (marriage level)
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by lateco05(m): 6:08am On Oct 03, 2015
cheesy
opuambe:
Haaaaas
has 4 me o i will nt shikena
opuambe:
Haaaaas
opuambe:
Haaaaas
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by erico2k2(m): 6:35am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
Exactly
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by erico2k2(m): 6:37am On Oct 03, 2015
All this long thing.I married my friend's sister.and she is my friend too.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Hannysmilez(f): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2015
GodblessNig247:

Thats a strong one but hope u know u don't have the final say. Just pray they are not hell bent in dating or getting married cos if they are u can't do nothing
My brother can get married to ANY of my friends EXCEPT my bestie. I won't try to stop the wedding but it's going to affect our close friendship. We won't be estranged but it definitely won't be the same.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 03, 2015
greatwaters:
This is always the problem, the fact that ur sis and ur fwend ar 2 good pple doesn't always mean they will b gud togeda.Thre is no perfectly perfect human being but I think its natural nt to b happy. moreso thre is always dis feeling of using d opportunity of fwendship to get her.if he his however a rich, hardworking talented and religious kind of fwend in which he's nt far from settling down the feeling is suppressed.
But generally speaking thre is always this disappointment when the breaking news hit u.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 03, 2015
GodblessNig247:

I think with what u have said so far I deduced that u are not comfortable with the whole idea whether ur friend is clean or not.

Yeah, because we all know how these things end sometimes.

I had this friend years ago & we were really close. So one day I invited her to a family gathering & my male cousin was hovering all over her like a vulture. Knowing what I knew about him, I shut it down. I really cock-blocked him grin Because I wasn't about to let him ruin my friendship with her & potentially hurt a good girl. I chaperoned them like mad, because she didn't know him like I do so I did everything to save her @ss that day. I just don't wanna be part of a relationship drama between people I know I guess. My loyalties are deep so I never want to have to pick sides. I will cock-block & play captain-save-a-hoe to save both of them from their whoremones if it needs be grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Hate About Your Current Relationship? / VIDEO: Muslim Women Caught Doing The One Corner Dance, Shows Off Heavy Assets / Men, After Damaging Some Women, You Now Want To Settle Down With One Not Damaged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.