Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? (8213 Views)

A Lucrative Business To Start Presently With #150,000. Get Full Details / GTBank Made N165bn Profit In 2016 – Agbaje / GTB Beats Expectations, Posts N42bn Profit In Q1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? by micronut(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
I live in an Area, where i would have to trek miles in getting recharge cards. In fact it's annoying sometime when i would need recharge cards badly and would have to be thinking of the stress to get it again, yet people in my area didn't see the need to venture into this opportunity. The only woman i use to buy from sometimes ago, stopped selling because people refuse to buy @ 110naira unlike the usual 100naira.

Now my question, what's the problem in recharge cards retailing in Nigeria? Does that mean those who are selling are not making any gains or there is more to it. I need candid Contributions from those who have been there, before and now.
Re: Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
Personally, I believe it is not really about what you do but how you do it. That said, recharge card business is very capital intensive and you will need to invest huge to get any profit. Banks like gtb now allow you recharge by simply dialing a code. Very soon there will be no need for physical sales of recharge cards

1 Like

Re: Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? by micronut(m): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
hahn:
Personally, I believe it is not really about what you do but how you do it. That said, recharge card business is very capital intensive and you will need to invest huge to get any profit. Banks like gtb now allow you recharge by simply dialing a code. Very soon there will be no need for physical sales of recharge cards

Nice Contribution sir. But i mean "retailing" and not the usual printing of the cards like the noise they make on nairaland every other day. And talking about technology scrapping paper recharge cards, i think it would be a long time oo because a large numbers of card users didn't even know how to operate gadgets let alone of getting their ways to buying cards online. Think of local business women(at least my mum can use up to 1k card a day), think of local aboki alhajis that can call from morning till evening, the bricklayers, okada men, (infact most artisans, and local dwellers) and many more particular groups of youths. Remember it is when you have money in your account that you can think of loading cards vial the internet. I may be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? by feldido(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Card retailing business is d worse biz in Nigeria I tell u.
Re: Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? by debaj10: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hi.
I speak from personal and current experience.
There will always be naysayers! So long as you plan well and manage your operation, you'll succeed.
The profit margin fromrecharge cards is small at 4-8% but the turnover in your target area matters.
Some people sell 40-50k retail weekdays, some (fewer)daily. But these are in VERY high traffic areas o!

Just follow a few rules:
- Never sell on credit; cash only.
- Your family n friends are customers; they must pay upfront.
- Multiple sources of income is a must: add provisions, drinks, dvds, download/browsing on a pc/lapi, clothing- especially female.
- monitor your margins and expenses.
- like it or not, you need to do a market survey to show it's feasible AND viable.
Start small, advertise inthe whole area, do promos in a 'launch', etc.
Search online for tips on running a small business.
Good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Profit In Recharge Card Sales Presently In Nigeria? by islamics(m): 11:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
The profit margin is kind of low. The only plus is the turnover. Bought MTN #100 @ the rate of #970 for 10 pieces. So you know how much is the gain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tradermoni Boosts Micro Businesses In South East / Trending Photos Of Restaurant In Lagos Allegedly Owned By Ghosts / Steps To Starting A Private School And Increasing Your Private School's Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.