Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed (46229 Views)

Picture Of Governor Okorocha Riding A Bicycle, Hailed By Students / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) / Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
Let me start this piece by stating that the arrest and ongoing investigation of Mrs Alison Diezani Madueke by the United Kingdom Crime Agency is a welcome development. I shall continue to support public officers to answer to any allegation against them irrespective of political affiliation, religion or ethnic group. This article however is meant to clear the air on who is to take credit before supporters of president Buhari and APC accord the glory to Buhari.

UK Crime Agency Should Take Credit For Alison's Arrest:
The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative. In fact, the UK Crime Agency had to confirm that they started investigating Diezani since 2013 when Buhari was still in opposition http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/190970-we-started-investigating-alison-madueke-since-2013-uk-national-crime-agency.html

Why It Is Wrong To Credit Buhari:
The arrest of Madueke is not the first to be done by the UK government. Recall on September 16, 2005 the UK Police arrested then Governor Diepreye Alamesiegha for money laundry www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4253362.stm. The glory of that arrests that eventually led to his impeachment and imprisonment went to the UK and not Obasanjo's administration. The glory that went to Obasanjo was that it was his government that prosecuted him after he fled the UK- though he(Alams) was rather given a slap on the wrist. He still wanted in the UK

In May 2010, UAE authorities arrested James Ibori on the request of British Authorities after he had fled Nigeria due to being on the wanted list of the UK (2007) and Nigeria/EFCC (2010). Nevertheless, the credit went to the british authoritÍes and not President Goodluck Jonathan who had earlier ordered EFCC and Onovo-led police to arrest him. www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8680569.stm
www.saharareporters.com/2010/05/12/james-ibori-arrested-dubai

Buhari Is Not Sincere With Anti-corruption
Since coming to power Buhari has been making probe rhetoric and has never shown the will. In fact, he has been drinking and eating with alleged corrupt officials like Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu etc. Obasanjo in his letter once dared Atiku Abubakar to travel to the USA and see if he won't be arrested. Buhari is also yet to take action over the alleged corruption of Fashola as highlighted by Governor Ambode. In fact, the only case that's on the prosecution line is that of Saraki, which we all know was precipitated by political disagreement and not really because Buhari want to fight corruption. Buhari withdrew the EFCC's N2,8billion case against Sylva and even gifted him ticket for Bayelsa governorship election. In fact, Sylva was with Buhari during the Oct 1st celebration. Another is the case of Abubakar Audu, a right-hand man of Buhari since his ANPP days who despite his corruption case was gifted the ticket for Kogi governorship poll.

I make bold to state that the british would have arrested Diezani irrespective of who is in power. It is a shame that our so-called government cannot do things themselves but rely on the UK lead. Unfortunately, the properties and monies that will be seized will be added to the treasury of the Brits and their allies.

Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. There are lots of ex-Govs, Senators and other public officials that has lots of indictment and cases to answer. He can't take the glory of another country! For now, he is yet to prove his hype.

May God Bless Us All

373 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Jackeeh(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
Uhmmmmm whether Buhari is sincere oh or not sincere with anti-corruption oh, Diezani has been arrested. That's a step. Let's begin from somewhere.

226 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ayokellany: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tonye kindly tell me what court you are the Judge or tribunal you chaired to declare Tinubu that was tried in a competent court of law and was honourably acquitted discharged a criminal ? I am yet to see any guilty verdict from any court on Atiku while you are only bound to have heart attack over Amaechi or how else can you explain how in your own wisdom chosen to pronounce him guilty without charge ? What is good for the PDP believed to be innocent is also good for the APC until they are pronounced guilty by a competent law court n not by your PDP sympathetic self.

TonyeBarcanista:
Since coming to power Buhari has been making probe rhetoric and has never shown the will. In fact, he has been drinking and eating with alleged corrupt officials like Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu etc

You asked that Buhari start is anti corruption fight from his tribe, north and party he obliged with Saraki and just like Buhari crated Umaro Dikko a northerner only for your likes to wail till he was chased out in a coup well meaning Nigerians are determined and battle ready to see you wail your soul to the grave if that is what it takes for Nigeria to progress.

TonyeBarcanista:
Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. There are lots of ex-Govs, Senators and other public officials that has lots of indictment and cases to answer. He can't take the glory of another country! For now, he is yet to prove his hype.

299 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by micklplus(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tonye tonye

Buhari should not be hailed. Tonye, PDP and the great wailers should be hailed.

After all, there is hailing in wailing. Lol

Obiagelli:
Did the Uk whatever also raid daziani's houses in Lagos and Abuja?

You get sense my sister

324 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ruggedboy01: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
U are right......

How will gmb fight corruption when he is surrounded by the likes of amechi tinubu and Co? undecided angry sad cry embarassed lipsrsealed

Oh! Nigeria when will she be free from greedy politicians? cry embarassed

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by StOla: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
I make bold to state that the british would have arrested Diezani irrespective of who is in power. It is a shame that our so-called government cannot do things themselves but rely on the UK lead. Unfortunately, the properties and monies that will be seized will be added to the treasury of the Brits and their allies.

The shame is for the followership who continue to form a shield around the thieving rich while they are so eager to lynch themselves at the slightest accusation of mundane thefts.

The greatest shame is for the tribal warlords who continue to defend their sister and brother over the theft of their own commonwealth.

"Na our oyel money" they always chant.

Now UK go follow chop this money for free.

Kudos to the Brits who have attracted this unsolicited direct foreign investment from a nation wallowing in poverty and lack of portable water, shame on the dirt poor Nigerian who loves a sister that obviously prefers to reside in Europe with "our oyel money", or a brother who prefers foreign healthcare to the one he provided for his own statesmen.

Unfortunately una eye just open. Go follow Britain fight for abandoned property.

As for the OP, I read through but did not see anywhere you criticised Jonathan or PDP for letting Diezani rob this country dry?

Is that going to be your next article?

Please title it: When stealing was not corruption - The GEJ years of inventing anti-corruption technology.

292 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by kosovo(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by 1love4all: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
This guy is m**

NL, I wish I could write my mind.

Enemy of progress.

37 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bloodkiller: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by MikelEleta(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
Let me also state that I don't hate Buhari BUT your post really hit the nail on the head. I also believe his anti corruption war smirks of bias, nepotism and insincerity. Let me wait till the likes of Amaechi becomes Minister, Timipre Silva governor and Audu governor then I would draw my conclusions because this are highly corrupt individuals. Meanwhile I celebrate and hail any fight against corrupt individuals

37 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by kahal29: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
"The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative."

You are very wrong because the Efcc actually demanded for her arrest. See evidence below:

[b]It was gathered that the Seizure Organised Crime Agency within the National Crimes Agency of the UK arrested Deziani and are probing the allegations against her.

It was further learnt that Deziani was picked up by operatives of the SOCA at the instance of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission which has been discretely probing her.

The PUNCH investigations revealed that the SOCA has a working agreement with the EFCC in the area of investigation of allegations of financial crimes and proceeds of such crimes.

A source said, “It is true that the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Deziani has been arrested by the UK’s National Crimes Agency, not the Metropolitan Police.

“There is an agency within the National Crimes Agency called the Seizures Organised Crimes Agency. She was actually arrested by operatives of SOCA because the agency has a working agreement with the EFCC. We have been cooperating with SOCA on a number issues.

“I can tell you that Deziani is being quizzed over allegations of bribery and fraud by the UK police.”[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-arrest-madueke-in-london-channels-tv/

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista

President Muhammadu Buhari made a request to David Cameron and other leaders of allied States to help Nigeria arrest corrupt Nigeria officials and recover looted funds

Security Agents after months of planning along side the federal Government and international partners in Sweden,Us,UK and other countries Today started a sting joint international operation.

This is just the beginning
MizMyColi
Obiagelli :

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
Did the Uk whatever also raid daziani's houses in Lagos and Abuja?

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by modath(f): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
Man kill snake..

Woman kill snake..

Anyone can kill snake...

What is important is that ......... cool

SNAKE DOES NOT ESCAPE...

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by foxe(m): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Let me start this piece by stating that the arrest and ongoing investigation of Mrs Alison Diezani Madueke by the United Kingdom Crime Agency is a welcome development. I shall continue to support public officers to answer to any allegation against them irrespective of political affiliation, religion or ethnic group. This article however is meant to clear the air on who is to take credit before supporters of president Buhari and APC accord the glory to Buhari.

The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative.

The arrest of Madueke is not the first to be done by the UK government. Recall on September 16, 2005 the UK Police arrested then Governor Diepreye Alamesiegha for money laundry www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4253362.stm. The glory of that arrests that eventually led to his impeachment and imprisonment went to the UK and not Obasanjo's administration. The glory that went to Obasanjo was that it was his government that prosecuted him after he fled the UK- though he was rather given a slap on the wrist.

In May 2010, UAE authorities arrested James Ibori on the request of British Authorities after he had fled Nigeria due to being on the wanted list of the UK (2007) and Nigeria/EFCC (2010). Nevertheless, the credit went to the british authoritÍes and not President Goodluck Jonathan who had earlier ordered EFCC and Onovo-led police to arrest him. www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8680569.stm

Since coming to power Buhari has been making probe rhetoric and has never shown the will. In fact, he has been drinking and eating with alleged corrupt officials like Amaechi, Atiku, Tinubu etc. Obasanjo in his letter once dared Atiku Abubakar to travel to the USA and see if he won't be arrested. Buhari is also yet to take action over the alleged corruption of Fashola as highlighted by Governor Ambode. In fact, the only case that's on the prosecution line is that of Saraki, which we all know was precipitated by political disagreement and not really because Buhari want to fight corruption. Buhari withdrew the EFCC's N2,8billion case against Sylva and even gifted him ticket for Bayelsa governorship election. In fact, Sylva was with Buhari during the Oct 1st celebration. Another is the case of Abubakar Audu, a right-hand man of Buhari since his ANPP days who despite his corruption case was gifted the ticket for Kogi governorship poll.

I make bold to state that the british would have arrested Diezani irrespective of who is in power. It is a shame that our so-called government cannot do things themselves but rely on the UK lead. Unfortunately, the properties and monies that will be seized will be added to the treasury of the Brits .. their allies.

Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. For now, he has yet to prove his hype.

May God Bless Us All
long live barcanista

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by espionage48(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
Those who stole our common wealth should be punished.i wonder why we will be arguing on whether it is PMB or British government that arrested.we cannot move ahead with this our mentality. We Nigerians youth should change our mindset.We are the ones to suffer all these things tomorrow.This country need to be sanitised and for us to achieve it,some people gona be the SCAPE- GOATS

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by alaoeri: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nonsense as usual besides you no dey tire all your superior Olisah Metuh & co are currently in hibernation mode. grin

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Realdeals(m): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
We don hear! NEXT>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Standing5(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Barcanista of politics; the game of lies, I hail oh.

14 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by coolitempa(f): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
More obtuse and attention seeking comments from the mentally demented 'protection/attention seeker'..... grin

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wailer!!!

27 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by akins56(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
mumu, you were blind when it was written in the reported news that EFCC and the concerned UK agency were in a planned alliance ? I pity your gullible followers with -10 IQ.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2015

11 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bokohalal(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Another Yam and Goat thesis.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by DuchessLily(f): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Lol.. Some people even hail Buhari if they poo or wee or sneeze hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by tupacshakur(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nice one Tonyebarcanista. I got your back this time around.

If Saraki and Diezani can be subjected to the whims of the law, I see no reason why the likes of Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu, Atiku shouldn't be.

I was in Port harcourt sometimes last year and I was like, "a garden city" indeed. I also think Fashola is over-hyped considering the over 40 billion naira monthly income that accrued to the state during his 8-year tenure.

I'm no wailer. grin. I voted for Buhari and for change but until he extends the tentacles of his anti-corruption net to the criminals within, I ain't taking him serious. grin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by McKren(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
Arresting Diezani is too easy

Let him arrest Amaechi or Tinubu then we will know he means business

On a week where Amaechi is made a Minister because he funded Buhari campaign while Diezani is hounded I don't think there is much to celebrate

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by Mutuwa(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The arrest of Allison was done by the UK Crime Agency acting on their own investigation, which only God know when they started. The EFCC never demanded for Alison's arrest, it was 100% UK initiative.

The arrest of Madueke is not the first to be done by the UK government. Recall on September 16, 2005 the UK Police arrested then Governor Diepreye Alamesiegha for money laundry www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4253362.stm. The glory of that arrests that eventually led to his impeachment and imprisonment went to the UK and not Obasanjo's administration. The glory that went to Obasanjo was that it was his government that prosecuted him after he fled the UK- though he(Alams) was rather given a slap on the wrist. He still wanted in the UK

May God Bless Us All

Sai PMB..your grand father GEJ didn't have the nutz to do that..

May every wailer die in the jaws of a hungry shark.

81 Likes

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Finally, if Buhari want to fight corruption, he should start from home and we all shall support him. There are lots of e . x-Govs, Senators and other public officials that has lots of indictment and cases to answer. He can't take the glory of another country! For now, he is yet to prove his hype.

May God Bless Us All
Who cares who gets the credit? All we want is for the goats to regurgitate our yams

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bloodkiller: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
IbnSultaan:
RUBBISH MY FRIEND
UR POST

the post is too difficult for a gworo eater to decode grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by bloodkiller: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
akins56:
mumu, you were blind when it was written in the reported news that EFCC and the concerned UK agency were in a planned alliance ? I pity your gullible followers with -10 IQ.

Bastard
Re: Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Very valid points thumbs up Mr Tonye

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC / Saraki Issues Press Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.