Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (52764 Views)

Photos Of Wike's Body Soaked With Water While Commissioning Projects Today / Photo Of Wike's "Special" Handshake Surfaces After Accusing Amaechi Of Cultism / Obaseki Sacks State Worker For Testifying Against Party In Election Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by bankyblue(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2015
jlinkd78:
largest? its largesse bro and d refuse shd v been refused

Thank you
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Rotimi47: 9:15am On Oct 03, 2015
Even their names reveal the truth about them.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Gamesmart: 9:16am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:
Are we moving towards one party state? Is this democracy?

You are a BIG FOOOOOL!

Was this the same thing you said when PDP used troops to block the speaker from entering the House of Rep?

https://www.nairaland.com/2006581/nigerian-troops-prevent-speaker-aminu/18#28190396

Hypocrite iidiot!

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by HALLOWED: 9:27am On Oct 03, 2015
Sanchez01:

No! We're not. Was it not obvious? Patience Jonathan wrecked havoc in the Rivers elections. There was nothing hidden about it. Even the so-called policemen scampered for safety. It's quite simple; the election was indeed marred by violence. The IGP understands that his boys are cheap, hence the reason for being monitored, and true to that he was not disappointed. A Nigerian policeman can conveniently compromise his standard the moment he sees #5,000.

The incessant arrest of policemen of late is indeed notable. Heads of various groups, ministries and organization have been on a purging spree.
....just listen to yourself. If it is obvious while going to court. What is essence of the judicial system. I support APC govt. But there is no justification for arresting a witness. That is finishing the judicial system.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by dekdek: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Excellent move from the IGP. It's obvious that wike has paid them off. These are the corrupt policemen that should be uprooted from the force.
That they have false witness is not in doubt. Even the baby in the womb knows there was serious violence and voters intimidation on election day. IGP needs to instill discipline among rank and file of the force.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by dekdek: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2015
HALLOWED:
....just listen to yourself. If it is obvious while going to court. What is essence of the judicial system. I support APC govt. But there is no justification for arresting a witness. That is finishing the judicial system.

This has nothing to do with the court processes. They have given their testimonies though very false and the court has admitted it. The court will determine if it makes sense or not. However, their boss needs to investigate them thoroughly while going through their bank accounts to determine what promoted them to give false witness therby shaming the Nigerian police force.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2015
Jazzlite:
when you go to give false witness then be prepared for the consequences....

There cannot be two set of rules. The IG was not in Rivers during the election. The witnesses for the day include catholic priests and previous sittings included Inec members of staff. The witnesses can only talk about what happened in the wards/ LG's they monitor.

Even if it's a case of bearing false witness, there is provision and procedure for that in law. The IG obviously knows that.

This is clearly intimidation. Recall that army witnesses also stated last month that they were directed by the Chief of Army staff to stand for Apc.
If you believe that Nigeria needs to purge itself of corrupt people then you need to first purge yourself of bias and always allow rule of law come first.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by dekdek: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by hamzeiy: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2015
likila:

you be judge?
where is the efidence of "false witness"?
oga..d truth be said...there was no election in rivers state...i was a P.O THERE...though i know Wike would have won d election if it was free nd fair but he didnt allow that to happen..he was too desperate...he was bent on humiliating ameachi...very unwise of him to fight over what was already going to be his...nd nw his facing the repercussions...
the truth be said...no election was carried out in rivers state...i was given 50k to tumb print fr pdp in my p.u with abt 746 voters..which i did...*i no want hia say i got shot because of election*

2 Likes

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2015
Sanchez01:

No! We're not. Was it not obvious? Patience Jonathan wrecked havoc in the Rivers elections. There was nothing hidden about it. Even the so-called policemen scampered for safety. It's quite simple; the election was indeed marred by violence. The IGP understands that his boys are cheap, hence the reason for being monitored, and true to that he was not disappointed. A Nigerian policeman can conveniently compromise his standard the moment he sees #5,000.

The incessant arrest of policemen of late is indeed notable. Heads of various groups, ministries and organization have been on a purging spree.

You have been screaming that it was obvious yet we aren't even seeing videos, we aren't hearing of people protesting. In Kano, pdp members and government officials were stoned and we saw videos everywhere yet the result was accepted and that isnt violence by your standard. APC is not contesting any Federal rep, senate or state assembly seat yet they won the governorship election? Why is no one talking about other elections that held on the same day? Why is there a tribunal if people cannot say what they saw? Why the intimidation of witnesses? The answer is obvious, Wike is the target.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by edjeodiri(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2015
Perjury is a known offence in Nigeria legal system. Those police officers lied under oath so I see nothing wrong with their arrests. Let Nigerians stop being naive and sentimental because it has taken us no where. Its time for Nigerians to be bold enough to call black, black and be able to condemn it. Anyone criticising the IGP over the arrest of those police officers is not ready for change because we ourselves must change our mindset and attitude from bad to good if we want to see change in Nigeria. Only the government cannot give us the change we desire if don't change our ways and be law abiding citizens.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2015
Gamesmart:

You are a BIG FOOOOOL!

Was this the same thing you said when PDP used troops to block the speaker from entering the House of Rep?

https://www.nairaland.com/2006581/nigerian-troops-prevent-speaker-aminu/18#28190396

Hypocrite iidiot!

I am not interested in associated with ill mannered people. The post is there, unedited. How does asking politicians who switch parties to vacate the seats correlate with intimidation of witnesses? You need to return to primary school, attend a good one this time because that is where you got it wrong at an early state of your life.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2015
Inspectahdeck:

Please think outside the box.
So we can say the army was lying? The IGP reacted to corrupt rank and file in his force.

Some army witnesses stated that the Chief of Army staff asked them to stand united against WIKE and PDP. I am not a PDP member, I am not from Rivers but PMB is already exhibiting his old true character.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by OlujobaSamuel: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2015
Gh0stFreak:

you fo.ol,where were you when apc used the army as witnesses?
Mr wise, your wisdom should have let you understand the term "subpoena" and how it works, unfortunately, you have a pseudo wisdom, so you don't understand the meaning of my post.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by bapullow: 9:57am On Oct 03, 2015
I don't care what style leaderships buhari use. All we need is justice.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by wiseoneking: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2015
playtheblues:
Akwa Ibom Civil Servants Employed Since Nov/Dec 2014 Have Not Been Paid A Dime by playtheblues: 9:00pm On Oct 02
It is with deep sorrow that I write this.
We Akwaibomites are usually very peaceful and are not the types to complain easily. This is the reason why Udom Emmanuel thinks he can do anything to us and get away with it.
While Udom is busy building mansions in his village and who-knows-elsewhere we the latest employed staff of Akwa Ibom Civil Service (employed since Nov/Dec 2014) have not received even a kobo of our salaries from the Government and we are expected to come to work daily.
Most of us have been borrowing money from people and our sponsors are now tired of supporting us.
It is going to a year since we were employed, yet our salaries have been withheld all in the name of countless biometrics.
Udom has fixed our money in the bank to attract interests for him.
Everyday we are asked to sign one paper or the other in the name of bank verification yet we have not seen any salary.
Some of us who are posted to far places spend a lot of money on transportation to and from work yet Udom does not care.
My lawyer cousin who was also employed with me told me that they sponsor themselves to courts, prisons and police stations daily without any salary. They also sponsored themselves to Bar Conference in Abuja in August 2015 without even a single penny support from Udom/the Government.
The engineers are not left out as they are sent out to the field in a scorching sun with empty stomachs.
Human Rights activists in Nigeria please intervene in this matter. The masses should please join us into talking sense into our obviously selfish Governor into paying us our accumulated salaries.
I am a married man with a family to support. Udom please don't make us think of commiting suicide like that civil servant in Bayelsa who committed suicide due to unpaid 13-month salaries. Don't reduce us to beggars/chronic borrowers either.
We are tired of this hardship! We are grieving.
#seun
#lalasiclala
#ishilove
#introvert
#chocolateme
#ladyf
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Wont some one build a house again. I saw the mansion sahara reporter wrote about the governor's house. It just like common mansion built in Anambra villages. Not a big deal.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2015
ok.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Cityguy: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2015
Each passing day with its events suggests little hope for this country. Impunity and eye-service are fast becoming the order of the day. Where do we go from here? This is surely going to be four long years with our nation becoming theatre of the absurdities.

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:14am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:
Are we moving towards one party state? Is this democracy?

Modified
Some people have been screaming that it was obvious yet we aren't even seeing videos, we aren't hearing of people protesting. In Kano, pdp members and government officials were stoned and we saw videos everywhere yet the result was accepted and that isn't violence by your standard. APC is not contesting any Federal rep, senate or state assembly seat yet they won the governorship election? Why is no one talking about other elections that held on the same day? Why is there a tribunal if people cannot say what they saw? Why the intimidation of witnesses? The answer is obvious, Wike is the target.

Weren't you in Nigeria when the Resident Electoral Commissioner was reading his report?

Was that report not questionable to you?

You must be another Orubebe in the making
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Missle4(m): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2015
playtheblues:
Akwa Ibom Civil Servants Employed Since Nov/Dec 2014 Have Not Been Paid A Dime by playtheblues: 9:00pm On Oct 02
We Akwaibomites are usually very peaceful and are not the types to complain easily. This is the reason why Udom Emmanuel thinks he can do anything to us and get away with it.
While Udom is busy building mansions in his village and who-knows-elsewhere we the latest employed staff of Akwa Ibom Civil Service (employed since Nov/Dec 2014) have not received even a kobo of our salaries from the Government and we are expected to come to work daily.
Most of us have been borrowing money from people and our sponsors are now tired of supporting us.
It is going to a year since we were employed, yet our salaries have been withheld all in the name of countless biometrics.
Everyday we are asked to sign one paper or the other in the name of bank verification yet we have not seen any salary.
Some of us who are posted to far places spend a lot of money on transportation to and from work yet Udom does not care.
My lawyer cousin who was also employed with me told me that they sponsor themselves to courts, prisons and police stations daily without any salary. They also sponsored themselves to Bar Conference in Abuja in August 2015 without even a single penny support from Udom/the Government.
The engineers are not left out as they are sent out to the field in a scorching sun with empty stomachs.
Human Rights activists in Nigeria please intervene in this matter. The masses should please join us into talking sense into our obviously selfish Governor into paying us our accumulated salaries.
I am a married man with a family to support. Udom please don't make us think of commiting suicide like that civil servant in Bayelsa who committed suicide due to unpaid 13-month salaries. Don't reduce us to beggars/chronic borrowers either.
#seun
#lalasiclala
#ishilove
#introvert
#chocolateme
#ladyf
LIES FROM HELL, You wrote a whole epistle of nonsense from Wherever u stay. Cox Udom is Right...! Salaries are paid so where the heck is your own version of story arriving from.
You claim he now keeps money in his account for interest Tell Us are you his Bank manager?
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by tola268: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by brightcom(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2015
U r a complete lier. This is why we don't progress in Nigeria. I don't want to talk much but anyone dt need evidence should please ask real civil servants in the state n not this political victim.
playtheblues:
#seun
#lalasiclala
#ishilove
#introvert
#chocolateme
#ladyf
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Gamesmart: 10:20am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:

I am not interested in associated with ill mannered people. The post is there, unedited. How does asking politicians who switch parties to vacate the seats correlate with intimidation of witnesses? You need to return to primary school, attend a good one this time because that is where you got it wrong at an early state of your life.

So when a government is using the army to stop democratically elected individuals from performing their duty, you did not see it as a challenge to "democracy", what you saw was your opinion of what the democratically elected person should have done (which was not required by the constitution)?

Using the army against the opposition is not a challenge on democracy but you unconstitutionally-backed opinion is?

You are a BIG FOOOL!

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 03, 2015
The tribunal subpoenaed the Chief of Army Staff who released the officers that testified for the petitioner. Being a member of a regimented organisation like the Police, you can't just jump into the witness box if not properly released.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by onajo2000(m): 10:25am On Oct 03, 2015
Sanchez01:

Maybe... Just maybe. But even at that, you'd agree with me that common sense is not that common as perceived by many. Just saying.

I see a rerun in Rivers... There are no two ways about it.

If they like they do the rerun 10x PDP will still win ..dat is ph for u
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 10:25am On Oct 03, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

Weren't you in Nigeria when the Resident Electoral Commissioner was reading his report?

Was that report not questionable to you?

You must be another Orubebe in the making

You need to stop this your beer parlor rounds. It is not helping you. I am sure you did not see any REC reading any report on the Governorship and State assembly elections. What you saw was for the presidency and Federal assembly. The elections in question were held two weeks after. Even at that, What happened with the REC is not an indication that the policemen lied under oath. Use your brain, why should anyone be arrested for saying what he witnessed? Are you telling me that all the polling units were disturbed? Why is no one coming out from those poling units to discredit inec? Two elections held same day, house of assembly and Governorship yet its only the GOV that is so hot? Inec witnesses include Catholic priests, are they also not credible witnesses? Why only opposition states? This is how some of you were screaming in the past, we didn't know it was because you belonged to the opposition.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2015
dekdek:

Only a fool whose seeds will never prosper will claim that the Rivers election was free and fair.

It's one thing for elections to be free and credible, it's another thing to prove it, that is why we have the tribunal, What would you have done if some observers had requested for the cancellation of the presidential elections based on this same rivers state and the then PDP government cancelled the entire elections? Please lets do things according to rule of law. Also this is not about who won or lost the election, it is about intimidation of witnesses.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Heluwajohnson(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
anonimi:

If you, your extended family & friends are lawless and have a culture of impunity, please speak for yourself. Ok

Mass education is the way to change orientation and culture of EVERYONE towards a Law & Order society anchored on the EQUITY of all citizens before the courts & law enforcement agents, not the scapegoat mentality of DickTATOR Buhari that leaves out his utterly lawless & CORRUPT campaign sponsors, friends & relations. Not so

Meanwhile Buhari's record on this needed EDUCATION throughout his life as a public servant is total & complete FAILURE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7
Ur à fool
A Very useless fellow
And an oblivious psycho...
Yu said hé had no educational record?..
I tot google ia now peoples help?....
Oh! It excaped ma mind dat I just replied an Ignorant warlord
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Ebukaokeke25: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2015
Well done mr IGP! Kudos 2 ur patriotic spirit.N may d universe richly bless u.Hw can a man say d election in River's state wz peaceful wen 2 to 3 electoral officers were confirmed dead by d media(tv,I viewed it myself).N some voters badly injured wit matchette.Infact dose false witnesses shud b prosecuted n jailed cos d whole nation knew dat River's state elections witnessd d most violent attacks nationwide.Dis wud serve a lesson 2 dose who wud thunk dat dis nation can condone another money politics n d detractors of due process n d rule of law,less d absorption of corrupt practices anymore.APC!!! CHANGE!!!

1 Like

Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by CaptainJason: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2015
Gamesmart:

So when a government is using the army to stop democratically elected individuals from performing their duty, you did not see it as a challenge to "democracy", what you saw was you opinion of what the democratically elected person should have done (which was not required by the constitution)?

Using the army against the opposition is not a challenge on democracy?

You are a BIG FOOOL!

You are yet to make any logical sense and I understand why you had to use fowl languages. Intimidation of witnesses to achieve certain outcome is what this post is about. You have now been pushed to the ignore list where you belong.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by Gamesmart: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:

You are yet to make any logical sense and I understand why you had to use fowl languages. Intimidation of witnesses to achieve certain outcome is what this post is about. You have now been pushed to the ignore list where you belong.

You are a BIG FOOOL!

Tell us why you did not find it a challenge on democracy when GEJ and PDP where using the army to terrorise the opposition?

Bloody FOOLISH Hypocrite.
Re: IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike by dekdek: 10:40am On Oct 03, 2015
CaptainJason:

It's one thing for elections to be free and credible, it's another thing to prove it, that is why we have the tribunal, What would you have done if some observers had requested for the cancellation of the presidential elections based on this same rivers state and the then PDP government cancelled the entire elections? Please lets do things according to rule of law. Also this is not about who won or lost the election, it is about intimidation of witnesses.

No one is saying the tribunal shouldn't do its work. So far she hasn't been hindered. Even the witnesses that were arrested, it was after their testimony in court and the testimony is already admissible.
However, we have a police force to clean and wield out corrupt elements. Unlike the civilian life, u can't just do anything anyhow in a force. The issue is between the IGP and his men. The IGP believes his men gave false witness, who are u to think otherwise?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Reveals Why She Shared Pantami's Video / Fani-kayode Reacts As Senators, Reps Boo Buhari While Presenting 2019 Budget At / Wike Mocks Atiku Over Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.