Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America (108882 Views)

5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Man Dies In Plane While Travelling Back To Malaysia / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by otiigba1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
kevoh:
People do not prefer Malaysia to the USA because it is easier to make money in Malaysia, they opt for Malaysia because the USA has strict visa policy and does not dish out visa unnecessarily even to those who have travelled out before. OP just be cooking up fallacies and wrong figures anyhow!
Absolutely! Its easier i guess to get a malay visa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by eaglechild: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
What a senseless write-up.

7 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by mattfeuter(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
AOHMOTORS:
Kidney is sold as high as $150000 if you get the right man with cash.

And you havent sold yours? do you not need $150000 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by okinlee(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2015
the OP is right and thank you for this wonderful piece....I was opportune to be in Malaysia and (later Singapore) as an expatriate (i am Nigerian but was working for a foreign company) few years back and one of the things the Malaysian taxi driver told me was that I should avoid Nigerian girls when i visit nightclubs that they always have pimps working for them and are potential dangers....he also told me about Nigerian drug dealers in their country and how they use 'juju' to evade conviction....he even said that the punishment for drug pushing is death by hanging but some Nigerians have magical powers that prevent them from death even after hanging....he told me of a case about a Nigerian that did not die after hanging for many days and they had to lay watch for days......it is also true about East African prostitutes as I met a lot of Kenyans in Singapore and Malaysia...there is a visa free scheme between Malaysia and Singapore with some of these East African countries which makes it easy for them to enter but their prostitution is mainly after low hanging fruits and not as sophisticated as the Nigerians....

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
my cousin is an internet scammer in Malaysia. He has a 4 flat apartment in lagos, and also bmw x6 and range rover sport trim parked in his garage in lagos. Dude is in his mid-20's. I know those boys make lots of money from something they call "wire wire".

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by trapQ: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
The Op exaggerated in some areas but I can confirm the credit card and scam because I had quite a number of friends involved in internet scam there.its a known fact that these guys buy credit card details of individuals online(mostly americans).
But op 500,000 nigerians?? Like seriously??
pansophist:

I dont have to do any research, a person with a sense above room temperature knows that all your wrote here is utter crock. The onus is on you the propronent to defend your proposal. I await your defences.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by JayJustus(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
vascable:

source:- http://vascable.com/why-most-nigerians-goto-malaysia-instead-of-europe-and-america/

hahahahahahaha...i'm typing this right from my pastors house here in Kuala Lumpur (he is chinese malaysian)...all you wrote is bullshyte...hahahaha...Nigerians make up 500,000 lol...whattttttt if Nigerians are over 500,000 then bangladeshis are like 5 million> hahahahahah...fool...total number of africans here are not even up to 20,000 (legal and illegal)...I study at segi university (pinshure attached) and Nigerians are not much here...the bulk is kazakhstans, bangladeshis, pakistanis, arab countries and PRC (china)...in my faculty with students of over 150 i can name all the nigerians that are studying both the ones still in the programme and graduated...not up to ten... and you said you cancome in with a social visa and it will be converted go a student visa hell facking no..this had ended since 2010...before you start spewing bullshyte I have been studying since 2012 here, i speak close to fluent malay so i'm more with locals and other foreign students the most...you have no idea what is happening here...I know three nigerian lecturers from three different universities here (university of malaya, university putra and UCSI)...ofcos there are bad nigerians here but there are alot of hardworking nigerians working at petronas, my cousin worked here for two years in a palm oil research company..my friend just last month got an offer from three different IT companies begging him to work for em...don't just say bullshyte cos you wanna drive traffic to your site or make frontpage or whatnot...go to the public universities and see in aset of PHd graduating students out of 10 you will not see 4 nigerians...nonsense...well it's not like the school fees is cheap that you'd find so many nigerians also..the nigerians that can afford to come here are boxed up in the pocket...

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by fxbot: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
It's true. Many Benin folks went there 2012-2014. Majorly for yahoo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by erico2k2(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
vascable:

do yo own research and lets compare
Dem don fall your hand.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by grandstar(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
pansophist:
This is the dumbest shit I have read in a while, its wrong in ALL premises and subsequently paints Nigeria and Nigerians in a very bad image, pathetic.

Nigerians do not prefer Malaysia to the western world, although it might be a route to better places like OZ/NZ/UK/US etc.

Nigerians living in Malaysia are not up to 500,000, not to even talk about being over 500,000. I can even vouch that they aint even up to 50,000, and that even includes all Africans summed together. This figure is so ridiculous that it makes me wonder if every 1 in 10 person walking down the street of Malaysia are Africans.

Malaysia has a population of about 30,000,000 inhabitant and if over 500,000 thousand Nigerians lives there, it would approximately 2% of the population. It baffles me that you wrote this bullshit with nerve, without verifying its veracity from the abundance of info reserved online. I dont eve want to go into the crimes, prostitution and scam part, the figures are so inflated beyong proportion, and further reduce the genuineness of this article.

If attracting traffic to your webiste is all you crave for, inaccurate info is not only counterproductive, its redundant and a sure way to loose.

I agree with your stats but no need to use foul or harsh language.

I doubt if Nigerians are more than 10,000.

Nigerians seem to like the Lebanese. You have the good, the bad and the ugly. U underestimate them at your own peril

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by kay29000(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
saxywale:
my cousin is an internet scammer in Malaysia. He has a 4 flat apartment in lagos, and also bmw x6 and range rover sport trim parked in his garage in lagos. Dude is in his mid-20's. I know those boys make lots of money from something they call "wire wire".

Chai!!! See as you just expose your cousin. If I was working for the EFCC, i would just trace you and make you complete the snitching on your cousin...and then track him down and arrest him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by erico2k2(m): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
okinlee:
the OP is right and thank you for this wonderful piece....I was opportune to be in Malaysia and (later Singapore) as an expatriate (i am Nigerian but was working for a foreign company) few years back and one of the things the Malaysian taxi driver told me was that I should avoid Nigerian girls when i visit nightclubs that they always have pimps working for them and are potential dangers....he also told me about Nigerian drug dealers in their country and how they use 'juju' to evade conviction....he even said that the punishment for drug pushing is death by hanging but some Nigerians have magical powers that prevent them from death even after hanging....he told me of a case about a Nigerian that did not die after hanging for many days and they had to lay watch for days......it is also true about East African prostitutes as I met a lot of Kenyans in Singapore and Malaysia...there is a visa free scheme between Malaysia and Singapore with some of these East African countries which makes it easy for them to enter but their prostitution is mainly after low hanging fruits and not as sophisticated as the Nigerians....
All this plenty plenty thing you write you nor fit give us xtimates. How many Nigerians did you personally Co. E across
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by greatmaxjude: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
I have been opportune to visit Malaysia and I discovered that there are some Nigerians who do legal jobs in Malaysia. I don't think it's proper to discredit honest Nigerians living in Malaysia

9 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by okinlee(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
erico2k2:

All this plenty plenty thing you write you nor fit give us xtimates. How many Nigerians did you personally Co. E across

I know of Nigerians getting their Phd's in Malaysian Universities and excelling well both at home and abroad and a lot even working for Petronas and the likes....but the topic of discuss is not about them but rather about the ills that majority commit......which unfortunately is what we are defined by ......try and visit either Malaysia or Singapore with your green passport and tell us about your experience with the immigration at the point of entry.....Nigerian passport holders are selectively taken to a special section for further re-examination before they let you in regardless of your status or moral standing....which means we are not defined by the phd holders nor the Nigerian expats but by those that commit these evils......note that I narrated the story of just a taxi driver.....he didn't tell me that people like me do positive things in their country but bad bad and very bad things.....

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by oluwamitomisin: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2015
Exactly the same poo I was told before leaving Nigeria to study in Malaysia. Keep hating on fellow Nigerians in Malaysia, it'll tell on your on opportunity to represent Nigeria someday. Bad elements are everywhere, and i keep saying Malaysians aid the scammers and whatever the bad elements you find here.

I'd been here for some 30 months, and I've been on scholarship directly form Malaysia ministry of Education which Nigeria government doesn't give her own citizens. Many of my friends are on other forms of scholarship both from government and their respective universities. Not to talk of Nigerians being lecturers here (my school has 3).

At if you want to know, many Nigerian lecturers are sponsored by TETFUND and they are here studying. So, keep hating.

6 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by oluwamitomisin: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
A coin as two sides. That's the perspective of your taxi driver. And you didn't tell us how you were treated at point of entry when entering Malaysia and Singapore. Sure, we face a lot, but this write of OP is sure poo. OP is a bondoh.

okinlee:

I know of Nigerians getting their Phd's in Malaysian Universities and excelling well both at home and abroad and a lot even working for Petronas and the likes....but the topic of discuss is not about them but rather about the ills that majority commit......which unfortunately is what we are defined by ......try and visit either Malaysia or Singapore with your green passport and tell us about your experience with the immigration at the point of entry.....Nigerian passport holders are selectively taken to a special section for further re-examination before they let you in regardless of your status or moral standing....which means we are not defined by the phd holders nor the Nigerian expats but by those that commit these evils......note that I narrated the story of just a taxi driver.....he didn't tell me that people like me do positive things in their country but bad bad and very bad things.....
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by yousouph07(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
vascable:

Then u have no right to Alter what i just said without your own prove/ research
GBAM!
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Baroba(m): 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
RaptorX:
The part about American men flying to Malaysia to pay 500$ to f.uck Nigerian girls got me laughing, if a white American got a black girl fetish, he could get one in the good ole USA for between 50 and 100 bucks without flying halfway around the world. These story is the figment of somebody's imagination.

You are even going too far, jump offs or hood chicken heads can be had for less than $50.. $500 for a Naija girl? 500k Nigerians in Malaysia? Gerrrarahia!

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
okinlee:

At rhe emboldened, what was used in hanging them? Is it a rubber band or what? Gullible Nigerians displaying their ignorance everywhere they go

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by ryanfletcher: 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
what a very senseless article,I could summarise the first 30 lines into 3......op show us your certificate!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
I intend to relocate to ISLAMABAD when am done with school here or IRAN gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by M4gunners: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
Me i no dey go dia at all at all.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by kobonaire(m): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
See format ....

1 Like

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Andsboy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Op nawa oh,u didt even say one good thing about Nigerians going there,u just painted us black before the world again.whats ur aim in this article? To educate us or what?

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by erico2k2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
okinlee:

No sir we are saying his 500k Nigerians is false.and craaapp write up full stop.and how do you know I own a green passport?
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Lucasbalo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
kevoh:
People do not prefer Malaysia to the USA because it is easier to make money in Malaysia, they opt for Malaysia because the USA has strict visa policy and does not dish out visa unnecessarily even to those who have travelled out before. OP just be cooking up fallacies and wrong figures anyhow!
You are absolutely right.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by Miami11: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
Why do nigerians condone crimes

Scam and fraud is not a crime to a nigerian.

You tell people you are a nigerian they walk the opposite way
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by crackhouse(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
U refered to the other guys that were caught with drugs as Nigerians but the igbo guy was refered to as an igbo man, must u mention his tribe? Why can't u refer to him as a nigerian like u did to others. Tribalistic OP.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by ewizard1: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hmmm!

Awon ti Malay!
Re: Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America by bummyla(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2015
Make Naiji people no go spoil our name for Malaysia oooh! http://www.bummyla.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / 5 Forbidden Places You Are Not Allowed To Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.