Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:06 AM

I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! (28992 Views)

The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane / The USB Power Adapter Charger I Bought In Gombe Today(pics) Advice pls! / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Dcaliphate(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
Take it to computer village if u r in Lagos, u just might find a solution there..

..otherwise u can whitelist the phone urself by soaking it in hypo grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by agentzakky(m): 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
Return it to Amazon, they will pay for the shipment. You will be refunded ASAP.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by OlaRichmond83: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
If it is an iphone, nothing can be done to it. But if it is an android, it can be fixed by changing the imei completely. I don't know if it can be done in naija though.

And I will advise people not to buy used phone that comes from overseas online anymore. Being blacklisted doesn't really mean it is stolen, the original owner might not pay up the phone balance to the network.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Baroba(m): 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
But blacklisted phones are meant to be blocked across networks the country of origin, it should work in Nigeria. Unless the phone is actually locked, and blacklisted as well.. Interesting

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by victree007(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
Besto:
lol gbese re ooo
lol ovbiedo uwe khin ah
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by udison(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2015
Eyah! I feel for you..

MONEY

WASTED.
cry
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by ewizard1: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
It can be unlocked!
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by ryusufu(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
mt7511:
Hello house. I bought a used phone on amazon. When it arrived here in Nigeria and I put in my sim it did not work. I checked online and the imei has been blacklisted by t-mobile.

Please is there any solution for this problem? Can I unlock it or have the imei changed? I can't return the phone because the cost of shipping it back is very high.

Please house I need urgent help so this phone doesn't turn to a waste. Thanks.
Since it's lg g3http://www.theunlockpros.com/bad-imei-remote-repair-service-for-blocked-blacklisted-t-mobile-lg-g3-d851/
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by encrypt(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Guy take a deep breath...LG G3...flash a custom rom on it, root it and have the imei changed. It is a Droid there is always a way out. Google up this procedures and be calm you can pull it off.
Good luck

PS: i would not be held liable if you brick your phone in the process!

If you have any questions ask here!
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Bollinger(m): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
aieromon:

Blacklisted means it was reported as stolen.

I repeat,sell the device as a scrap.

That is wrong. You can return any item back to the seller and ask for a replacement if you indeed bought it on Amazon. Amazon will force the seller to do it. But i seriously doubt this story. No seller will want to risk selling stolen products on Amazon. That is how you get banned.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by prideofscience: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ho did not buy the fone from Igbo guy? Chai I hate gbo's with passion. Cause 96% are dubious
aieromon:
Does the phone not have a name?

If its an Apple device,sell the phone as scrap to a phone technician.....
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by manuroq(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
Hard luck. Beta luck next time
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by hakinze00(m): 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Demmzy15:
grin grin Wetin carry you go amazon when we get Jumia and Konga here? ! grin
u hia say he buy used fone,does konga sell used tins.smh
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
mt7511:
Hello house. I bought a used phone on amazon. When it arrived here in Nigeria and I put in my sim it did not work. I checked online and the imei has been blacklisted by t-mobile.

Please is there any solution for this problem? Can I unlock it or have the imei changed? I can't return the phone because the cost of shipping it back is very high.

I know amazon very well. Them don't sell stolen or blacklisted phones, even there second hands phones must pass through checkup before there even put it online for sell.

GUY TELL US THE TRUTH undecided WE KNOW NIGERIA AND 419. YOU GO BUY CONTRACT PHONE AND YOU NO WON GREE PAY BUT DEY FIND METHOD TO UNLOCK AM undecided

YOU NO WON EVEN GREE TALK THE NAME OF THE PHONE SELF undecided

You are a suspect

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by hakinze00(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2015
u see thats why asking question in nairaland is very frustrating sometime person knw say he don buy bad market e con dy ask for una help,when u dnt have solutions u wil start hearing u don enta one chance,why u sf buy 4m amazon etc,how is dat going 2 hlp him in d situation he is,mtcheww just lyk d way dey response 2 in romance always annoying as if they dnt always have issues too

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Elizabethoni(f): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
mt7511:

This one Na Gobeee! Ayakata!! Original gobe!!!...*InYemiAlade'sVoice*
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Dindondin(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
mt7511:
Hmm, ok thanks. I'll do try that. Even if I don't get a refund I can ensure the seller doesn't scam anybody else.
sorry.
take heart,
I feel Ur pain,
it go pain u gan-an,
I empathize with you, you know it could v been me, i mean this world is wicked, how could someone sell a stolen phone?
I commiserate with your pocket, you know its not that easy.
Last Bullet:[b][/b]
That's the best way I can console you!

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by RaeMystix: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2015
The phrase BLACKLISTED is always associated with something very bad. You ought to know not to associate with that mess.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by gsmcoder: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
The G3 imei and SN can be changed dont worry.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by hakinze00(m): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2015
sonofananimal:
I know amazon very well. Them don't sell stolen or blacklisted phones, even there second hands phones must pass through checkup before there even put it online for sell.

GUY TELL US THE TRUTH undecided WE KNOW NIGERIA AND 419. YOU GO BUY CONTRACT PHONE AND YOU NO WON GREE PAY BUT DEY FIND METHOD TO UNLOCK AM undecided

YOU NO WON EVEN GREE TALK THE NAME OF THE PHONE SELF undecided

You are a suspect
u see wen u dnt read comments,he said it is a lg g3
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by bodekom92(m): 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2015
But na wa for the OP o, how you go go a whole obodoyibo go buy used phone come? Wetin happen to all the show glass wey dey gsm village?
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Bhenehdikt(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2015
mt7511:
It's an lg g3. Do you mean it's not possible to change the imei?

I can help you change the imei bro...Ur moni wont go in vain.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by laidback(m): 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
California30:
You can return the phone to Amazon & they will refund you your money.
I know the kind of phone you bought.
IPhone 6s is sold for around $800 but you can buy a contract IPhone 6s for $150, but you gotta be paying $50 every month for the phone.
But some people will go buy the IPhone under contract for $150 and they will unlock the phone & stop paying for the phone.

Return the phone to Amazon.
You can chat with their representative online, they might refund the money and never ask you to return the money.
My guys in California and Florida do scam Amazon every time, they will buy stuffs and tell amazon the product they bought is not good, Amazon will send them a new item without asking any questions

You know, I rarely comment, but this made me login.

I mean how cheap and foolish of you. Look at the kind of advice you are proudly giving. May you and your guys continue to experience loss and defeat in your financial lives 10 times what you cost others. Anumanu. Ewe dan. Idiot.

People like you make the world unnecessary difficult, dangerous and hateful. Nonsense. Look at the amount of stress and manoeuvres we have to go through in Nigeria to do business online because of your type. Pig!

Don't bother replying o, I'm out. I logged in just for you.

10 Likes

Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2015
hakinze00:
u see wen u dnt read comments,he said it is a lg g3
undecided STILL THESAME
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2015
Motivatore:
How did you ship it to Nigeria? I thought Amazon don't ship Gadgets to Nigeria...?

Go to Amazon, register n login, wen ur checking out a particular products, check in the left bar n see a box ""ship to nigeria""" the page will reload n then the products available for nigeria shipment will be listed.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
No Konga is too local, Jumia ncor? uhmm i just dont like them....Na Amazon sure pass...Now oyibo don amazon u...lol....on a serious note amazon is just like craiglist everybody comes to buy and sell.. u buy at ur own risk ...Prolly d guy go don change username or u been dy dy deal with virtual seller.... OP u v been obebenised. Sell the phone as crap. cos oyibo no go unlock blacklisted phone for u. no matter the price u r offering.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Dieumerci(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
Motivatore:
How did you ship it to Nigeria? I thought Amazon don't ship Gadgets to Nigeria...?

If you are serious about buying from Amazon, there are confirmed guys on this forum that can help you.
Check Chinosxl profile and thank me later.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Hemah(f): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
Why will someone go on amazon to buy phone that you can easily get in Nigeria. Nigerians sha!
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by AmakaDNBStories(f): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
You see Slot and Jumia and Konga finish cross sea go Amazon. Oya go return am na
Re: I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
Just take straight to computer village in lagos and ur problem will be solved. They can unlock it dia, I ve unlocked mine dia once.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Exit Fastboot Mode / Exploding Samsung-Galaxy Phone Burns Teenager’s Lap / Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.