Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,557 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way (2306 Views)

50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road / For The Bikers - When You Suddenly Realize You're Following Too Closely / "MMM Why?" Spotted On A Keke In Asaba Today. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
Sunday 9/27/15

I have a question if one of you are on the forum.

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by leuelliot(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
LOL what kind of thread is this?
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Sunday 9/27/15

I have a question if one of you are on the forum.

What is your question?
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2015
Shagati:

What is your question?

A few miles up the road just before Redeem church was a traffic nightmare of godly proportions with people driving cars like they were on a suscide mission.

My question to these two chaps or you is who do you guys navigate through traffic like that? Do they throw you a bone and let you pass or you just have to rough it through?

When I used to ride in the late 70s and early 80s the traffic wasn't as disastrous as it is now.
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by abatically(m): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2015
EgunMogaji:

A few miles up the road just before Redeem church was a traffic nightmare of godly proportions with people driving cars like they were on a suscide mission.

My question to these two chaps or you is who do you guys navigate through traffic like that? Do they throw you a bone and let you pass or you just have to rough it through?

When I used to ride in the late 70s and early 80s the traffic wasn't as disastrous as it is now.

I've tried as much as possible to understand u but I just can't. Are u trying to say it is wrong to ride a bike on a highway, or it is dangerous to ride a bike through traffic? angry angry sad
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
abatically:

I've tried as much as possible to understand u but I just can't. Are u trying to say it is wrong to ride a bike on a highway, or it is dangerous to ride a bike through traffic? angry angry sad

It's okay, there are other threads.

Have a nice weekend.
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 8:27am On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My question to these two chaps or you is who do you guys navigate through traffic like that? Do they throw you a bone and let you pass or you just have to rough it through?.

We do everything to get through; beg for space, cajole for that extra inch, curse, threaten, horn, rev the bike engine, tap on car body etc.

Most drivers are nice and let us through. Some are just progress hating goats.

5 Likes

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 04, 2015
Shagati:

We do everything to get through; beg for space, cajole for that extra inch, curse, threaten, horn, rev the bike engine, tap on car body etc.

Most drivers are nice and let us through. Some are just progress hating goats.

Okay that's what I wanted to know.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Okay that's what I wanted to know.

Thanks.

Anytime

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 11, 2015
Shagati:

Anytime

I'm toying with the idea of buying a bike that will eventually make it to Nigeria early next year.

Choice is between 05-07 BMW R1200RTP and an 05 CBR600F4.

Which of these two bikes are better suited for the Nigeria landscape?

Thanks.
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I'm toying with the idea of buying a bike that will eventually make it to Nigeria early next year.
Choice is between 05-07 BMW R1200RTP and an 05 CBR600F4.
Which of these two bikes are better suited for the Nigeria landscape?
Thanks.

Both are completely different bike types so I wonder how come the comparison

I personally would do the BMW if I absolutely had to chose between the two.
Note the weight difference between them also. Depending on your skill level, that RT can be a whale to manoeuvre at low speed
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
Shagati:

Note the weight difference between them also. Depending on your skill level, that RT can be a whale to manoeuvre at low speed

My purchases are based on a "bucket list" of vehicles that I must own and their numbers came up.

I am asking partly for the 9ja landscape in terms of parts accessibility in an emergency.
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My purchases are based on a "bucket list" of vehicles that I must own and their numbers came up.
I am asking partly for the 9ja landscape in terms of parts accessibility in an emergency.

You should be fine with both in that case.
Worst case scenario, eBay and Amazon are just a click away wrt parts.

People here own Ducati, KTM, MV Augusta and other exotics with minimal issues.

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Shagati:

You should be fine with both in that case.
Worst case scenario, eBay and Amazon are just a click away wrt parts.

People here own Ducati, KTM, MV Augusta and other exotics with minimal issues.

Excellent, I've seen some of those exotics but never had the opportunity to query them. That's where you come in grin

I went and picked up the BMW this evening.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 6:36am On Oct 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Excellent, I've seen some of those exotics but never had the opportunity to query them. That's where you come in grin
I went and picked up the BMW this evening.
Thanks.

You certainly don't muck about. grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 12, 2015
Shagati:

You certainly don't muck about. grin shocked

grin

I can strike one off the list now.

It's very stable but it has to make power as opposed to my last ride Ducati Supersports that had the power ready made and ready to serve at any time grin

But for sure this is more plush, I rode about 100 miles today to pick it up and no fatigue at all, rode very stable. I can see why Cops stay on this for 10 hours a day, it's a very nice and comfortable cockpit.

Thank you very much for offering your opinion, it's what nudged me towards the Beemer.

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by azpekuliar: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Nice acquisition Sir. Make plenty of memories on that saddle.

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2015
azpekuliar:
Nice acquisition Sir. Make plenty of memories on that saddle.

Thanks.

The prepurchase test ride video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgwuQTf5lqk
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

The prepurchase test ride video.

Gosh!
I'm Green angry

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
Shagati:

Gosh!
I'm Green angry

Bro you are joking grin

I'm permanently green from this your thread https://www.nairaland.com/1461211/road-trip-motorcycle-lagos-accra
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 12, 2015
Shagati:

Hey Shagati, handles like a Whale you said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Y6xtOTduE

grin
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Hey Shagati, handles like a Whale you said?

grin
Brooos!!! I said skill o.....SKIIIIILL!!!

That dude is baaaad!

I couldn't put a torch to him for one second grin

1 Like

Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Shagati(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Bro you are joking grin

I'm permanently green from this your thread https://www.nairaland.com/1461211/road-trip-motorcycle-lagos-accra

cool cool cool
Re: Bikers Spotted On Lagos/ibadan Slow Way by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
Shagati:

Brooos!!! I said skill o.....SKIIIIILL!!!

That dude is baaaad!

I couldn't put a torch to him for one second grin

He's not a mere mortal like us, he just comes down to ride grin

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Came Early To Gazzuzz / What Is CMR For?? / Current Cost Of Oven Baked Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.