Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. (53223 Views)

Extreme Engineering: This Wheelchair Can Climb Stairs And Overcome Obstacles. / 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Vivly(f): 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Op your forgot to mention the Wall. North of winterfell. It's very cold down there. Ask the Nights Watch.
And then Dorne. Very hot up there. Ask the sand snakes.

3 Likes

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by king406(m): 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
End time weather's grin
Been waiting to make this end time comment since smiley

Anyway, we have very hot states here in naija o.. I've encountered 48 degree Celsius in kano state and 50 degree Celsius in sokoto state

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by lamoskii(m): 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
you forgot sokoto and borno of nigeria very hot
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by cruzita(f): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
so naija no follow for the hottest country. yet we dey cry say here hot.if aboki try near any of those hot countries walahi bullet go see am run
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Engineer123(m): 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
God bless explorer. your post are fantastic.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by IVORY2009(m): 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorers:
9. Catenanuova, Sicily(119º Fahrenheit).

The Mediterranean climate of the island of Sicily means it enjoys mild winters and long, hot, dry summers. It’s those hot summers that make it such an extreme place to live. Sicily can reach scorching hot temperatures, regularly reaching 40 Celsius or 111 degrees Fahrenheit in summer. In Catenanuova in 1999, the mercury hit 48.5 degrees Celsius, or 119 degrees Fahrenheit.

Our mafia city, Italiano.....

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Must they live inside deep freezer for crying out loud..... Ok kontinu
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by kidamoses1: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
hello good day yall its champions league day i have fixed game from brazil 250,400,600,900,1200,2500 call me on +2348136110520 or add me on facebook james ogbebor
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by energylee(m): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
kbshow100:
I never thought that temperature can exceed 40 degree Celsius,,

Thump up OP,, very educative

Come to sokoto, maiduguri.... You will learn the practicals.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by bobkezel(m): 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Where is jos? My jos my jos. Op put my jos there before i feed you with congealed hypo.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Goahead(m): 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
Vostok station is the coldest place on earth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostok_Station
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hey mhen i got a girlfriend online wow you can get yours boyfriends too click here ☺☺☺☺☺
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by FuckTheMod: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
kbshow100:
I never thought that temperature can exceed 40 degree Celsius,,

Thump up OP,, very educative
Olodo

Even here in Nigeria, we usually have temperature reaching 45 degrees Celsius in some parts of the north.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nigeria is a bless country
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by dictbennie(m): 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Where the hell is Pankshin in Plateau State? #winks
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Arsenate(m): 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorers:

Hot like kilode grin...Northern Nigeria is hot but not as extreme as these places.
ironically the coldest places in Nigeria are located in the north. Most of plateau state and mambilla plateau in adamawa. (Well obviously because they are plateaus undecided)
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Amopeekun(f): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
This is very educative, op. Thank you. You may need to add some cities in Nigeria for some who had stayed or still staying there, though the temperatures may not beat the coldest nor the hottest sha. Yola can get up to 46 degrees Celsius, I have experienced it! Last year, Zaria was very cold. I can remember now but it was 7 degrees or less. Vom, in plateau state can also get very cold. Now, that, for a black man, is something. Anyways, still appreciate the post. well done.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Acos925(m): 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Good one op, very intellectual. not all dos topics about wearing bra to a party.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by maxxy22: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
Thanks bros for the info.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by ManTiger(m): 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
Winnipeg is currently -14, Labrador is currently -18.

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Aitee1: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorers:

Hot like kilode grin...Northern Nigeria is hot but not as extreme as these places.

You mean the heat wey make me almost naked for Jigawa no reach these ones

I shed tears for heat like a baby...from floor to bed to wall very hot to the point that we had to device a means to go to bank everyday to queue and deposit 1k just to feel AC small, poor man dey suffer for North oh.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Austinio: 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
No Taliban state or moscow in d list.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by eazydon(m): 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Wow. That last place be like natural freezer on earth. Nice work OP

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by eazydon(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
Aitee1:

You mean the heat wey make me almost naked for Jigawa no reach these ones

I shed tears for heat like a baby...from floor to bed to wall to the point that we had to device a means to go to bank everyday to queue and deposit 1k just to feel AC small, poor man dey suffer for North oh.

Ha ha ha. No be small thing o
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Ezenwa11(m): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorers:
As most of the northern hemisphere is currently huddled under blankets and battling frigid temperatures, it might be hard to imagine any place on earth that could get colder than the subzero temperatures that many populated cities struggle with in the coldest months of the year. Yet, humans are remarkably adaptable and over the millennia have found ways to make do in some of the most extreme and inhospitable climates on earth. From fiery heat in the Sonoran Desert to extreme cold in Russia, Greenland and Canada, the following are some of the most inhospitable places (as far as temperature is concerned) where people carry on life, and have for centuries. Robust heaters or reliable air conditioners are definitely recommended in these places.

source: http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/the-19-coldest-and-hottest-inhabited-places-on-earth/
cc: Justwise, Lalasticlala
You have tried.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Aitee1: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
aminho:
wow so true ve been to 8 countries you listed and its just as you said here

cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Dreyl(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Cool
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by oooopss(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
i think Cyprus should be in the list of hottest
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Aitee1: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
eazydon:

Ha ha ha. No be small thing o

This thing you're laughing now wasn't funny then oh, Infact we concluded that place is hell on earth, very hot place but the indigene were working about like nothing is happening
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
I disagree with number 1 hottest place where people work. I once worked in Lekhwaire in sultanate of Oman. Recorded temperature of about 60degC. Its on record dat its d hottest place people work on earth. Great job OP!!! We need more of these insightful piece n not d celebrity gossip making fp.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nickymezor(f): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
Hw interesting...tnx fr d info OP
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Emperor25: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) / Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It??? / Woman Flees Her House In The Middle Of the Night After Finding A Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.