Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London (2420 Views)

Fake NNPC Staff & Ex-Convict Arrested In Ogun For Trying To Dupe Policewoman / RRS Arrests Ex-Convict Over Phone Theft (Photos) / Photo Of Nigerian Deathrow Convict, Chijioke, Who Will Be Executed This Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by jcflex(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
By Paulinus Aidoghie

The United Kingdom has said that it has not given up on its efforts to extradite former Bayelsa State governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, back to Britain to face trial, the Sun Newspaper is reporting today.
The UK said it had already contacted the Federal Government requesting Mr. Alamieyeseigha’s extradition, and was awaiting a response to the request.

The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Andrew Pocock, told the paper in an exclusive interview that the former governor, who recently got state pardon from his criminal conviction in Nigeria, still has an outstanding case of money laundering to answer to in the UK and that the UK government will not give up until Mr. Alamieyeseigha is brought to justice.

Mr. Alamieyeseigha, then a serving governor, made a dramatic escape from the custody of the British authorities when he fled back to Nigeria from detention in September 2005. He would later be convicted on similar money laundering charges on July 26, 2007 in Nigeria after he was impeached as governor.

Although his recent state pardon by President Goodluck Jonathan hit the UK authorities as a rude shock, Mr. Pocock dismissed insinuations that London was planning to sanction Nigeria over the matter. According to him, “that is not the way we do things”.

The High Commissioner also revealed that UK had earlier requested for Alamieyeseigha’s extradition, but did not get any response.

Mr. Pocock said the UK had asked the Attorney General and Minister for Justice for Alamieyeseigha’s extradition and was still awaiting his position on the issue when President Goodluck Jonathan all of a sudden announced he has been extricated of all wrong doing via the state clemency.
The move to pardon him even when the application for his extradition to Britain was still pending was like daring the applying nation that feels strongly that Alamieyeseigha has a case to answer in their country.

According to Mr. Pocock, “The former governor skipped bail in the UK on a charge of money laundering and returned to Nigeria. So, he has an outstanding charge in the UK, which is there for him to answer.
“We have already discussed it and the Nigerian government knows our views. But we would like to see him return and answer charge in the UK.”

On UK’s past and present efforts to see that Alamieyeseigha is extradited to the UK, Mr. Pocock said: “Yes. I think we asked in the past. I am very sure we asked in the past. But I am not sure we got a formal response. So, we are still waiting for a formal response from the Nigerian government.

“We have asked the Attorney General. He will have to tell us what his position is on extradition. I haven’t had a reply yet, but we still wait for it,” the British envoy added.
SOURCE: The Sun

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/127349-britain-writes-fg-requests-ex-convict-alamieyeseighas-extradition-to-london.html
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by midehi2(f): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
hian
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by marv1: 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Abbeyme: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
We will grant the extradition if,

1. All our monies stached in the UK is returned to us,
2. You give a written undertaken that you will #NeverAgain allow UK be a path for launderers,
3. You grant me a permanent work and stay permit in the UK...

You hia...

6 Likes

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Tallesty1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
Abbeyme:
We will grant the extraction if,

2. You give a written undertaken that you will #NeverAgain allow UK be a path for launderers,

You hia...
grin cheesy
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by jcflex(m): 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
Food for the wailer

cc: lalasticlala your dinner is ready
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2015
Dem de mad. DSP is going no where. Mk kashamu go first
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by jcflex(m): 4:34am On Oct 04, 2015
brilliant5:

Sir, dont turn this to another tribal war,

from the write up, you can read that a request was made for Alam extradition during GEJ administration, but he did not respond to it.

Open your brain sir, Let me remind you again, USA also request for Kashamu extradition at that time, fortunately he was a staunch supporter of GEJ and PDP. presidency did not reply as well.

Who is to blame?
before you start your gibberish

and again, kashamu is playing a fast one, by running to different court of law buying judges up and down.

With PMB, at the head now, if any request for kashamu extradition come from USA again, he will go there. meanwhile Alam should go and have his date in UK.

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Aromas: 6:17am On Oct 04, 2015
brilliant5:
You beta don't be carried away by the local pardon given to him by Jona gringringringrin As for Buruji Olowo Igbo of Ogun State hin mata still dey calm down okay
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
jcflex:

Sir, dont turn this to another tribal war,

from the write up, you can read that a request was made for Alam extradition during GEJ administration, but he did not respond to it.

Open your brain sir, Let me remind you again, USA also request for Kashamu extradition at that time, fortunately he was a staunch supporter of GEJ and PDP. presidency did not reply as well.

Who is to blame?
before you start your gibberish

and again, kashamu is playing a fast one, by running to different court of law buying judges up and down.

With PMB, at the head now, if any request for kashamu extradition come from USA again, he will go there. meanwhile Alam should go and have his date in UK.

Ok . AF opened my brain o...
Its notin trybal oga. Am for justice. U hear.
D way its going.. U not in Pmb good books u in trouble...
If d beam is moving let it go round.
D likes of Ameachi and d rest re covered now cos de changed name and brot him to power.
I giv u ur own words... Biko open ur brain abeg
Y is sariki being hunted? If u answer DAT den I kW ur brain is open.
Meanwhile if d judgement is being passed let's c it go round. So long its still partial as it is now DSP is going no where.
Again open ur brain...
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by jcflex(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
brilliant5:

D likes of Ameachi and d rest re covered now cos de changed name and brot him to power.
Meanwhile if d judgement is being passed let's c it go round. So long its still partial as it is now DSP is going no where.
Again open ur brain...

ok, let all wait and see how event unfold.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by LastSurvivor: 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Accepted if n only if u will grant me free visa n work permit.. tanks for your cooperation..
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 12:36am On Oct 05, 2015
brilliant5:

Again open ur brain...
The case of Saraki is diffrent here as he is facing false declaration charges and that's against the law..

About Ameachi, Remember PMB said all his minister will declare their assets and during the declaration anything can happen so let's wait and see.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 12:38am On Oct 05, 2015
LastSurvivor:
Accepted if n only if u will grant me free visa n work permit.. tanks for your cooperation..
all this will be granted but you most pay a down payment of 50.000 pounds to the UK Embassy and your money will be given to you when you return to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by d33types: 4:03am On Oct 05, 2015
This is what you get when the corrupt (GEJ) is/was in power..
Long forgotten story sadly

But Op why did you remember the story after 2 years? The link is a 2013 piece
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by tunde1200(m): 4:07am On Oct 05, 2015
Mr. Alamieyeseigha serving governor, made a dramatic escape from the custody of the British authorities when he dressed like a woman.

This is one off GEJ Bleep up.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 6:36am On Oct 05, 2015
bashydemy:
The case of Saraki is diffrent here as he is facing false declaration charges and that's against the law..

About Ameachi, Remember PMB said all his minister will declare their assets and during the declaration anything can happen so let's wait and see.

Sariki is not facing current false asset decleration BT past one according to d bureau. Y haven't u tot DAT he's hunted cos he's not in dia gud books?
Ameachi won't b brot to buk biko.. Shay we heard his name was removed from ministerial list cos of DSS investigation.. D same DSS used to oppress unduly. BT we de hear say e name de..
D tin is d currption fight is against pple not in booooharis camp. Let's c change in DAT.
If we c fairness den DSP extradition won't b seen d way I c it.
Finally since u re civil enof not to write wit insults dis tym I tried not to insult u too.
Enjoy ur day bro
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by OAMMB(f): 6:55am On Oct 05, 2015
grin.....the chicken as come home to roost..

1 Like

Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by suruwilliams(m): 7:04am On Oct 05, 2015
Abbeyme:
We will grant the extraction if,

You hia...
you said it all grin
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2015
brilliant5:

Sariki is not facing current false asset decleration BT past one according to d bureau. Y haven't u tot DAT he's hunted cos he's not in dia gud books?

Enjoy ur day bro
What are we talking about here, Saraki is facing the false assets declaration charge and the declaration was made in 2003 and mind you Saraki is in PDP till 2012 if am right.... Mind you Saraki is the begining of his own problem You have such a big skeleton in your cupboard and still fighting with those that know your secret better... Mind you none of the people in Govt know about Saraki declaration in 2003 cos then they are in opposition but i believe immediately Saraki insulted the VP that was where his problem started from.... Remember Osinbajo is the commisioner of Lagos when Saraki bought all what he declare in his assets without having them... Also El Rufai is the FCT minister and all the VP need to do is request for the assets declaration of Saraki in 2003 from the CCB and they will surely give it to him and on comparing them with what Saraki bought under his watch as the Commissioner for justice that is enough to nail Saraki.

brilliant5:

Ameachi won't b brot to buk biko.. Shay we heard his name was removed from ministerial list cos of DSS investigation.. D same DSS used to oppress unduly. BT we de hear say e name de..
D tin is d currption fight is against pple not in booooharis camp. Let's c change in DAT.

Enjoy ur day bro
Well like i said earlier, PMB said all his ministers will be asked to declare their assets and that where the problem with start for some past public office holder, Let me ask you this, Akpabio, Jonah Jang, Imoke, Gbenga Daniel, Theordore Orji etc are they not past Governors of different states and are they not in the opposition? So now tell me why they are still walking free? You are shouting Ameachi Ameachi how about how about those i mentioned up there.... When the time comes all of them will face their problem.

brilliant5:

If we c fairness den DSP extradition won't b seen d way I c it.
Finally since u re civil enof not to write wit insults dis tym I tried not to insult u too.
Enjoy ur day bro
DSP Case is a diffrent case here, He is facing a money laundering charge in the United Kingdom and he jump bail and run to Nigeria disguise like a woman, He was also given state pardon by the then president... that's a shame to our Government.. DSP, Kashamu will be use as a bait to get all looters extradited back to Nigeria for trial.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Dinirojones(m): 9:17am On Oct 05, 2015
Dsp wee be peeing in his pant grin :Doyaa buhari do the needfull cheesy
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2015
bashydemy:
What are we talking about here, Saraki is facing the false assets declaration charge and the declaration was made in 2003 and mind you Saraki is in PDP till 2012 if am right.... Mind you Saraki is the begining of his own problem You have such a big skeleton in your cupboard and still fighting with those that know your secret better... Mind you none of the people in Govt know about Saraki declaration in 2003 cos then they are in opposition but i believe immediately Saraki insulted the VP that was where his problem started from.... Remember Osinbajo is the commisioner of Lagos when Saraki bought all what he declare in his assets without having them... Also El Rufai is the FCT minister and all the VP need to do is request for the assets declaration of Saraki in 2003 from the CCB and they will surely give it to him and on comparing them with what Saraki bought under his watch as the Commissioner for justice that is enough to nail Saraki.

Well like i said earlier, PMB said all his ministers will be asked to declare their assets and that where the problem with start for some past public office holder, Let me ask you this, Akpabio, Jonah Jang, Imoke, Gbenga Daniel, Theordore Orji etc are they not past Governors of different states and are they not in the opposition? So now tell me why they are still walking free? You are shouting Ameachi Ameachi how about how about those i mentioned up there.... When the time comes all of them will face their problem.

DSP Case is a diffrent case here, He is facing a money laundering charge in the United Kingdom and he jump bail and run to Nigeria disguise like a woman, He was also given state pardon by the then president... that's a shame to our Government.. DSP, Kashamu will be use as a bait to get all looters extradited back to Nigeria for trial.
Saraki is duly punished. I hacnt said odawise. Bttt
De all got skeletons. Tinibu, Amechi.. Let not only pple in his bad books b nailed by dis anti corruption war. Dats were I want u to c
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2015
bashydemy:

De all got skeletons. Tinibu, Amechi.. Let not only pple in his bad books b nailed by dis anti corruption war. Dats wat I want u to c. And till DAT is done DSP is pardoned o.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
brilliant5:

De all got skeletons. Tinibu, Amechi.. Let not only pple in his bad books b nailed by dis anti corruption war. Dats wat I want u to c. And till DAT is done DSP is pardoned o.
Nobody is saying anybody is saint here but like i said theire time will come, if you want to hold public office you have tp clear yourself from CCB and CCT.
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
bashydemy:
Nobody is saying anybody is saint here but like i said theire time will come, if you want to hold public office you have tp clear yourself from CCB and CCT.
Hands foldede till DAT tym coms. BT till den DSP is still pardoned
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
brilliant5:

Hands foldede till DAT tym coms. BT till den DSP is still pardoned
Pardon by who?
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
bashydemy:
Pardon by who?
Ahah! Na u de ask? Previous administration jor?
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
brilliant5:

Ahah! Na u de ask? Previous administration jor?
Yes i know just asking again, Remember that was a administration of corrupt leader given state pardon to his former and corrupt Boss
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by brilliant5(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
bashydemy:
Yes i know just asking again, Remember that was a administration of corrupt leader given state pardon to his former and corrupt Boss

Abegeeeeeeee.... cheesy
Ah don c d APC saints na.... Saint Ameachi, Saint Atiku, Saint Tinibu.... All in dis administration grin
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by bashydemy(m): 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
brilliant5:

Abegeeeeeeee.... cheesy
Ah don c d APC saints na.... Saint Ameachi, Saint Atiku, Saint Tinibu.... All in dis administration grin
Those you mention up there have not been tried before except tinubu and he has been vindicated...
Re: Britain Writes FG, Requests Ex-convict Alamieyeseigha’s Extradition To London by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
we. Talking alams , u talking kashamu ... NOBODY is talking CRIME .. that's the main issue here not religion, ethnicity or party affiliations..CRIME!!!
Am from Edo state(south south) and whenever I visited Benin I would smh because the then governor lucky was doing nothing, imagine my dismay when he only got a small fine and no real jail time.
now jona pardoned alams ,isn't that kinda stupid ? what message do u send to the boy on the street? that a big man with connections is untouchable?!
when. THAT. big man then tells the boy *take this gun and be my political thug * the boy will gladly accept believing as far as this big man got my back NO SHAKIING .
we all know the kashamu story and the matter is still on so chill .
but as for alams if he gets extradited the REAL /PROGRESSIVE Minded south south indigenes will celebrate! the Tribalist will scream northerners attacking south and the wailing wailers will shout witch hunting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Africans Still Choose To Remain Slaves? (viewer Discretion Is Advised) / Victim Of Circumstance: A crime thriller you can't afford to not read. / Remember my thread cultist show their face now police have arrested them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.