Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Six Benefits Of Evangelism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Benefits Of Evangelism (38753 Views)

Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / The Church And Evangelism Today / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
richommie:
u not serious . .lol. . tell me more bae.
#Yolo
i'll get back to you.let me finish eating grin
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by coldubako(m): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
MadCow1:
6 annoying parts of Evangelism.

1. Disturb people's peace: Go out early in the morning with a Microphone and disturb the peace and sleep of hard working people with your noise. Or go into a busy market and be shouting on the microphone with loudspeakers at the top of the volume. Or get close and personal like the Jehovahs Witness and go knock on their doors and invade their houses.

2. Littering: Go on and share booklets (Loveworld), pamphlets and posters to people that don't even read it only for it to end up on the streets as garbage. Or post fhucking stickers and posters on people's fences without their permission or deface the fhucking streets.

3. Dumbass Preachers: Most of the people that do this so called evangelism are Dumber than a dumbell. They can't even hold an intelligent debate on the subject matter for which they are disturbing you about. All they know they know how to say is "Repent, Jesus is coming soon".

4. Church marketing: When all of them are done talking shiit to you, the next thing is to try and get you to attend 'their' church. From evangelism to marketing. Like seriously, what the fhuck? angry

5. The useless questions they ask: Examples: 'When you die, where will you be spending eternity?' Like seriously? What kind of fhucking stupiid question is that? Like how the fhuck am I supposed to fhucking know? Like seriously? angry

6. Your time, energy, sleep and peace they just wasted: what more can I say. And then they will now start asking for your phone number and email address like you guys are now that close. angry

This is what I feel when ever I hear someone preaching to me.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2924114_fbimg1443473609567_jpeg0f0e877c8f8dc17c50ee8080b13bfb6f

Evang. MadCow.

Okija, you need to repent.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by MadCow1: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2015
coldubako:

Okija, you need to repent.

I know.. grin
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by emmadejust(m): 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2015

EVANGELISM reborn your spirit and it shapes your character to the life and works of the holy spirit ....
#globalevangelish #mydream

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
MadCow1:

1. Disturb people's peace: Go out early in the morning with a Microphone and disturb the peace and sleep of hard working people with your noise. Or go into a busy market and be shouting on the microphone with loudspeakers at the top of the volume. Or get close and personal like the Jehovahs Witness and go knock on their doors and invade their houses.

2. Littering: Go on and share booklets (Loveworld), pamphlets and posters to people that don't even read it only for it to end up on the streets as garbage. Or post fhucking stickers and posters on people's fences without their permission or deface the fhucking streets.

3. Dumbass Preachers: Most of the people that do this so called evangelism are Dumber than a dumbell. They can't even hold an intelligent debate on the subject matter for which they are disturbing you about. All they know they know how to say is "Repent, Jesus is coming soon".

4. Church marketing: When all of them are done talking shiit to you, the next thing is to try and get you to attend 'their' church. From evangelism to marketing. Like seriously, what the fhuck? angry

5. The useless questions they ask: Examples: 'When you die, where will you be spending eternity?' Like seriously? What kind of fhucking stupiid question is that? Like how the fhuck am I supposed to fhucking know? Like seriously? angry

6. Your time, energy, sleep and peace they just wasted: what more can I say. And then they will now start asking for your phone number and email address like you guys are now that close. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2924114_fbimg1443473609567_jpeg0f0e877c8f8dc17c50ee8080b13bfb6f

Evang. MadCow.

God is God, and God alone!
Some people question that IS THERE GOD? HOW CAN I BELIEVE WHAT OR WHO I CAN'T SEE?
Imagine your younger one did something wrong and you corrected him. If he asks you how did you know what he or she did is wrong, you tell him or her maybe your brain told you.

He or she will further on that how can he believe you are right since he can't see your brain, feel or even touch it! And in the real sense, that's how it's meant to be. You can't say anything to win the child more than saying you just have to BELIEVE... or have FAITH.. or common sense has to tell him that!

That's exactly God! You can't see, you can even feel God, you can't touch and what joins you to him is YOUR FAITH.

God is God and he is God alone. Your creator, your lover, he doesn't want you to perish that's why he wants you to come back to him. There's a great difference between zeal and passion! God wants you to grow from one with ordinary zeal to one with crazy passion.

If he leaves your life for a minute, you're dead for uncountable years.

Jesus loves you, please accept him today!

-Temitope Daniel Abimbola.
www.temitopedaniel.com
#NoSoulMustBeLost

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by emhoonline(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
khassy:
Seun
it's imperative that I bring your attention to this issue plaguing NL.
I don't know why I have to declare I am a Muslim before I am allowed to comment on the Islam section whereas the Christianity section is free for all to comment and abuse my GOD the way they like while it isn't so for the Islam section...

I think NL'ders deserve an explanation to this rather worrisome behaviour

#Awaiting your response

No wonder
You are a small boy so I dont expect something better from such kid like you

Making rant on religion
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Preshylar:
Another benefit of evangelism is that you will receive whatever you ask from the father. John 15:16
Nice writeup though.

Thanks for the addition! Happy Sunday!
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
elantraceey:
Awesome piece. The joy derived is unspeakable. I remember vividly the very first time I lead someone to Christ ,it was as if I won a multi - dollar lottery, then I had anger issues but no one could annoy me that whole week . cheesy

Truly unspeakable, incomparable to anything in the world. It is joy in its raw state. Undiluted! Push for more, win more souls...target one every week. GOD bless you aplenty!

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
Elesta:

I say a big AMEN to that. God bless you over and over again for sharing this

Amen! GOD bless you beyond your dreams in JESUS' name! Happy Sunday!
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by khassy(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
emhoonline:

No wonder
You are a small boy so I dont expect something better from such kid like you

Making rant on religion

sorry but I dnt recall mentioning your name or dis I
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by MadCow1: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
TemitopeDaniel:

Some people question that IS THERE GOD? HOW CAN I BELIEVE WHAT OR WHO I CAN'T SEE?
Imagine your younger one did something wrong and you corrected him. If he asks you how did you know what he or she did is wrong, you tell him or her maybe your brain told you.

He or she will further on that how can he believe you are right since he can't see your brain, feel or even touch it! And in the real sense, that's how it's meant to be. You can't say anything to win the child more than saying you just have to BELIEVE... or have FAITH.. or common sense has to tell him that!

That's exactly God! You can't see, you can even feel God, you can't touch and what joins you to him is YOUR FAITH.

God is God and he is God alone. Your creator, your lover, he doesn't want you to perish that's why he wants you to come back to him. There's a great difference between zeal and passion! God wants you to grow from one with ordinary zeal to one with crazy passion.

www.temitopedaniel.com
#NoSoulMustBeLost

You see why I don't entertain you guys.

You want to use "Faith" to prove the existence of God. That word alone shuts down your argument.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by EreluY(f): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
kodlins:

At least, they are not Jihadist.
We present the love of the Father demonstrated through His Son Jesus Christ.

For while we were yet sinners Christ died for us

[b]If you're conversant with the History of Religions, you would have realised that what Muslim Jihadists are doing now (and have been doing for sometime now), Christians were doing precisely the same if not worst, only a few generations ago. Dissenters and break-away Christian movements, the Cathars, Knights Templar and Huguenots, were viciously exterminated by the Christian Church. The Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Christians, Jews and Muslims. Followers of the Old Religion were ruthlessly hunted down by the Church. These were followers of the religion of the ancient Celtic people (which Christianity had replaced). A few hundred thousand witches, other heretics, and innocent people were arrested, tortured, and burned at the stake on the European soil. After the Reformation, the Protestant Churches were hanging witches even in London. Those Christians read the same bible you're reading today. Where in it does the bible demand that adherents should kill non-believers? Listen if you would: more than anything else, religion underpins and accounts for the worst atrocities ever committed on this planet earth. Stop being deceived.[/b]
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
quiinnBee:
i'll get back to you.let me finish eating grin
lolz..aiit wen u thru..let me knw.
#YolO
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by EreluY(f): 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
TemitopeDaniel:

www.temitopedaniel.com
#NoSoulMustBeLost

[size=14pt]What a moronic analogy. The brain exists not just in human imagination but in actuality. Right now, if we put the head of Mr Temitope Daniel Abimbola through a scan machine, we can behold his brain. Besides, through scientific knowledge (which any A-Level Biology or Psychology students should have) we know precisely how the brain functions and can also tell what happens in the event of brain stem death. Now, if this stupid analogy is the thrash you're spewing on your certificated but uneducated and unenlightened parishioners, stop pushing it on the rest of us here. We're not all morons here. Thank you.[/size]
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
stardragon:
i've been called and chosen to preach but i dont knw where to start from

By GOD'S grace, next Sunday I will write on how one can begin evangelism with a bit of ease. For now spend your time studying the Bible book of Acts of the apostles. You will learn so much from there. Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
PastorOsamede:

By GOD'S grace, next Sunday I will write on how one can begin evangelism with a bit of ease. For now spend your time studying the Bible book of Acts of the apostles. You will learnt so much from there. Happy Sunday!
yeah, i support this!

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by OgundeleT(m): 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
why do i need to be preaching on behalf of a supreme been who is omni omni?
Why cant the supreme being that create everything do the job by himself instead of sending the inferiors?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Shalomdee(f): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
MadCow1:

Evang. MadCow.
May God have mercy on you for all these things you posted, but remember that this life we have is just a trifling second compared to the eternity waiting for us in heaven or hell, if we feel the gospel is disturbing our "peace", we may be startled if we wake up to really appreciate the meaning of peace. Don't realize this too late.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by gbollykore: 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
bless you pastor, can you please email this write up to me, I will like to print it out and study it

realtor-daniel@hotmail.com
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by MadCow1: 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
Shalomdee:

May God have mercy on you for all these things you posted, but remember that this life we have is just a trifling second compared to the eternity waiting for us in heaven or hell, if we feel the gospel is disturbing our "peace", we may be startled if we wake up to really appreciate the meaning of peace. Don't realize this too late.

Do you believe in father Christmas and the North Pole? undecided

You can't speak emphatically about the afterlife because you know fuckall about it. You have never been there so how then can you speak about it?

What makes the afterlife more plausible than reincarnation?

Abeg leave me make I finish my Gulder in peace.

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by EreluY(f): 1:04am On Oct 05, 2015
MadCow1:

Do you believe in father Christmas and the North Pole? undecided

You can't speak emphatically about the afterlife because you know fuckall about it. You have never been there so how then can you speak about it?

What makes the afterlife more plausible than reincarnation?

Abeg leave me make I finish my Gulder in peace.

My brother, it's amazing that 3 solid centuries after the Enlightenment which in Europe witnessed the triumph of reason over religion, science over faith, Nigerians are still wallowing in mental slavery courtesy of religious indoctrination and proselytism. Absolute shame.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by menesheh(m): 2:10am On Oct 05, 2015
quiinnBee:

Really?

Really
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by God2man(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2015
Great.

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by God2man(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2015
PastorOsamede:
Simplified Summary Of Evangelism

Evangelism is telling a sinner (someone who is not saved or born again; someone who has not confessed JESUS Christ as their LORD and Saviour; someone who doesn't believe in JESUS' CHRIST as their LORD and Saviour: Romans 10:9-10) about the Gospel of the LORD Jesus, with the sole aim of convincing them through the help of the HOLY GHOST to believe in as well as accept JESUS CHRIST as their Saviour and LORD. You persuade them to do away with their sins, unrighteous acts which are not pleasing to GOD.

Most importantly, you lead sinner in prayers to seek forgiveness from GOD through the Blood of JESUS CHRIST for the remission of their sins. Finally, encourage them to worship GOD at a true church nearest to them, or they could simply join you at your place of worship.

However do not expect warm reception at every place where you stop by to win a soul. In fact, brace up for insults and rejection. Our LORD Jesus didn't conceal this possible scenario ( Matthew 10:12-14).

BENEFITS of Evangelism

1. Inexplicable joy. The disciples. The best cure for sadness and depression is evangelism. Go give it a try! The joy that follows it is matchless (Luke 10:1,17). Once you win a soul, Heaven goes into celebration mood (Luke 15:10). This electric mood in Heaven is also passed down to the folk who did the job. Suddenly you are joyful without any material explanation for your great mood. You become a bundle of inexplicable joy. How wonderful!

2. Reward in Heaven (Matthew 19:27, 29). You got mansions waiting for you (John 14:2-3). Crowns of glory also (1 Peter 5:4). Join the queue now. I have signed up already. You too should. Don't envy me when you see me in Heaven relaxing in my mansion and wearing my glittering crown of glory. Start working for yours now.

3. Divine security (2 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 18:9-10). Several times Paul would have been assassinated, but his relevance to Heaven's soul growth committed GOD to protect him by all means. He met robbers, he was arrested, there were plots to assassinate him, he was imprisoned several times...no surprise that he came out of all. You can't be wasted overnight by natural or unnatural powers, occurrences or mishaps when your life is profitable to GOD in the evangelical field. Who cares about a fruitless fig tree? Look up the answer here (Matthew 21:17-19).

4. Manifestations of spiritual gifts, especially the gifts of healing (Mark 16:15-18; Luke 16:16). You can actually begin to experience spiritual gifts in action while preaching to souls. The first time the disciples did healing and deliverance on their own was while they went out evangelizing. At their return, they simply could not hide their excitement about the miracles that they "performed". You want spiritual gifts? Go and win souls!

5. Eternal life (Luke 10:20; Philippians 3:14; 4:3-4). Spreading the Gospel in truth and righteousness further cements your place in the Heavenly admission list...the Book of Life. The LORD Jesus affirmed this to the evangelising disciples in simple terms. This is the greatest benefit of all! Press for it..the ultimate prize!

6. Key to accessing a long-awaited breakthrough (Matthew 6:33). Aren't you being too self-centered? Always asking and never doing anything for GOD. Winning a soul attracts Divine intervention in your life. It is one sure way to a receiving a miraculous answer to a dragging problem. Go for a trial now. Be consistent. Hmmm, I smell a miracle drawing closer to you in no time!

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace..." (Isaiah 52:7).

Accept JESUS CHRIST today and go out to save many others!

May the LORD resolve every complication that has depressed you for long in JESUS' name!

Great.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by God2man(m): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2015
sportsmaster:
Evangelism is for everybody,it is for every believer in Christ.

Mark 16:15-19.
Matt28:18-19.
"Go ye into the world and preach the Gospel to every creature"

these are clear instructions for every believer.

2cor5:18-20:-
God has committed unto us to the message of reconcilation.
So there is no excuse not to preach the Gospel.
It is the job every Christian.

Thank you.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by dayotheone(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2015
envanglism helps you to :

to build a strong standing with God, by helping to know more about God and He's miraculous secretes..

it also helps you to have strong affinity against sin.. because when you see those you have witness to you are concious of sin around you.

you have eternal protection.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by menesheh(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2015
Shollyps:
truly truly you are a mad cow..lolz

Could that be an ironical statement?
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by ejimoney(m): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2015
Am so much impressed for with this write-up. Thanks for the knowledge shared.

1 Like

Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Shollyps(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
menesheh:

Could that be an ironical statement?
Lol..sure
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
gbollykore:
bless you pastor, can you please email this write up to me, I will like to print it out and study it

realtor-daniel@hotmail.com

Done.
Re: Six Benefits Of Evangelism by dROC1: 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
eagleonearth:
I have this to say: Sharpen the axe and the job will be easier. Clean lives yield more fruits for evangelists as God readily assists them in d field.

I agree. lord make us fit for the work of the gospel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Be A Fine Girl Without Jesus, Pray, Work,slay / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood / TB Joshua: 'I Don’t Have Any Bank Account, I Don’t Keep Money'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.