Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. (7498 Views)

Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) / Six Benefits Of Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

dude, it depends on the context with which you use "God doing evil", stop trying to intellectualize spiritual things. GOD doing evil has a context to it, not that God actually DOES evil.

And the context of God doing evil and apologizing for it is what?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

So God can't do evil? It is impossible for God to do evil?

read my post again, your spiritual defiency is making you intellectualize bible semantics.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

And the context of God doing evil and apologizing for it is what?

where did you see God apologize? like I said earlier, stop intellectualizing bible semantics.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

he has given us his holy spirit to guide us as we study the written scripts, so he does not need letter translation (2 Corinthians 3:6) " the letters killeth, but the spirit gives life"

The same holy spirit that has guided christians to create over 30,000 sects and denomination within the faith, right?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
menesheh:

Even if he can create poo like god, that doesn't call for attack on his person rather than the issues he presented.

Is like fighting for god or taking the issue of god personal.

now you know what an insult is, so you feel it right? am only giving him an illustration of what he is actually doing.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

where did you see God apologize? like I said earlier, stop intellectualizing bible semantics.

I saw it written inside the verse.

If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up; for I repent Me of the evil that I have done unto you.

Am not intellectualizing it, just stating it as it was written.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

The same holy spirit that has guided christians to create over 30,000 sects and denomination within the faith, right?

that's not God, that mans creeds and dogma. all those sects are as a result of creeds and dogmas. but a few are like Paul and Apollos in the bible, Paul "plants", Apollo " waters", but God gives the increase 1corinthians 3:6-9.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

I saw it written inside the verse.

If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up; for I repent Me of the evil that I have done unto you.

Am not intellectualizing it, just stating it as it was written.

let me paraphrase it:

FOR I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT MY JUDGEMENT CONCERNING EVIL TO BEFALL/BEFALLING YOU.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

that's not God, that mans creeds and dogma. all those sects are as a result of creeds and dogmas. but a few are like Paul and Apollos in the bible, Paul "plants", Apollo " waters", but God gives the increase 1corinthians 3:6-9.

But you also belong to man made creed and dogma since you definitely belong to one of the man made creeds and dogmas.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

But you also belong to man creed and dogma since you definitely belong to one of the man made creeds and dogmas.

Wrong again. am a NON DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN, and there are many like me too.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

let me paraphrase it:

FOR I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT MY JUDGEMENT CONCERNING EVIL TO BEFALL YOU.

grin grin. Make things up when you are confronted with realities you don't like is what you guys are good at. You just pulled this one out of your behind. Changed my mind concerning the evil to befall you? Is that what the verse said? The verse very clearly said I repent me for the evil that I have done unto you, meaning the evil was already done and the repentance came afterwards. I will take what the bible says instead of your ridiculous mental gymnastics that is neither here nor there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

Wrong again. am a NON DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN, and there are many like me too.

You are a denominational christain, since you have a local assembly that you belong to.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

grin grin. Make things up when you are confronted with realities you don't like is what you guys are good at. You just pulled this one out of your behind. Changed my mind concerning the evil to befall you? Is that what the verse said? The verse very clearly said I repent me for the evil that I have done unto you, meaning the evil was already done and the repentance came afterwards. I will take what the bible says instead of your ridiculous mental gymnastics that is neither here nor there.

2 Corinthians 3:6 "the letters killeth, but the Spirit giveth life"..... once again, stop intellectualizing bible semantics. you know nothing about what you don't understand.

check the paraphrase again, maybe you will catch it better.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

You are a denominational christain, since you have a local assembly that you belong to.

there you go again. how do you define a denominational church?
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

read my post again, your spiritual defiency is making you intellectualize bible semantics.
No need to remind me spiritual 'enrichment' and intellect are inversely proportional. Your posts are evidence.

Again, is it impossible for God to do evil?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

No need to remind me spiritual 'enrichment' and intellect are inversely proportional. Your posts are evidence.

Again, is it impossible for God to do evil?

like I stated, read my earlier posts. thank you.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

2 Corinthians 3:6 "the letters killeth, but the Spirit giveth life"..... once again, stop intellectualizing bible semantics. you know nothing about what you don't understand.

check the paraphrase again, maybe you will catch it better.

If the writer of the bible verse wants it to mean what you just wrote that will be what he would have written there, but he wrote what he wants and that is what I will take instead of your sorry apologist gymnastic that is so hilarious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

If the writer of the bible verse wants it to mean what you just wrote that will be what he would have written there, but he wrote what he wants and that is what I will take instead of your sorry apologist gymnastic that is so hilarious.

hilarious? look at the mirror. and for the edification of the church, God set up teachers, pastors, prophets, etc to better understand his word deeply by the leadership of his spirit. (Ephesians 4:5-6).
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

there you go again. how do you define a denominational church?

You must belong to one of these 3 major sects. Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

You must belong to one of these 3 major sects. Catholic, Protestant or Orthodox.

oga, answer my question, don't impose sects on me.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

oga, answer my question, don't impose sects on me.

Anyway, lets not derail, the bible has God doing evil and apologizing for it, you on the other hand tried to dance around the issue but still acknowledged it at the end. That was what I wanted to show you. I have done that. Your assertion that God exist without evil is false because the bible says he does evil, he not only does evil but he repents from it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2015
dalaman:

Anyway, lets not derail, the bible has God doing evil and apologizing for it, you on the other hand tried to dance around the issue but still arrived acknowledged it at the end. That was what I wanted to show you. I have done that. Your assertion that God exist without evil is false because the bible says he does evil, he not only does evil but he repents from it.

you understanding of the scriptures is hilarious. if God apologizes for a wrong as you think, then he is not God, at least not my God. I have tried to make you understand the context of 'repent' and Gods 'evil', yet you refuse.

stop trying to claim or explain a book you don't understand.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
see you dudes another time, am done waiting. gotta go to work early tomorrow..... off to bed.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by dalaman: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

you understanding of the scriptures is hilarious. if God apologizes for a wrong as you think, then he is not God, at least not my God. I have tried to make you understand the context of 'repent' and Gods 'evil', yet you refuse.

You are just trying to make me understand your own opinion of what you believe God should be. The God you have created out of your own mind using the bible does no evil, but the God which the writers of the bible wrote about does evil and repents from it. No amount of gymnastics will save you here. You are only trying to make me accept your opinion and personal interpretation which is different from what the author of that bible passage wrote down. The writers intention is very clear. Yours are just ridiculous and actually fraudulent. Here is what the writer wrote.

"If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up; for I repent Me of the evil that I have done unto you".

Compare it to your own personal opinion below and laugh at your self.

"FOR I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT MY JUDGEMENT CONCERNING EVIL TO BEFALL YOU".

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
menesheh:

Bro we don't argue scornfully here. Just present your argument and stop bashing. Is not gonna help to make your argument valid or invalid.

Your opposing opponent hahn don't insult but rather choosed to opposing and presenting his points. It is unhealthy of you as an educated person to engage in such angry strawman.

I just tire for the dude

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
freecocoa:
What's happening here?

Read through. I pissed someone off wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:
see you dudes another time, am done waiting. gotta go to work early tomorrow..... off to bed.....

*Big hug*

Sleep well
cheesy
grin
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by menesheh(m): 1:00am On Oct 05, 2015
SonOfEl:

Nice one
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by TheFilmmaker: 5:04am On Oct 05, 2015
SonOfEl:
Sorry I made a mistake, if God is evil because he created evil, then you are A PIECE OF SH^T!!!

HAHN, YOU ARE A PIECE OF SMELLY SH^T!

NB: **just following your line of thought. no offense**

Cornered grin
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 6:53am On Oct 05, 2015
dalaman:

You are just trying to make me understand your own opinion of what you believe God should be. The God you have created out of your own mind using the bible does no evil, but the God which the writers of the bible wrote about does evil and repents from it. No amount of gymnastics will save you here. You are only trying to make me accept your opinion and personal interpretation which is different from what the author of that bible passage wrote down. The writers intention is very clear. Yours are just ridiculous and actually fraudulent. Here is what the writer wrote.

"If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up; for I repent Me of the evil that I have done unto you".

Compare it to your own personal opinion below and laugh at your self.

"FOR I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT MY JUDGEMENT CONCERNING EVIL TO BEFALL YOU".

good morning dude, Numbers 23:19 - God is NOT a son of man that he SHOULD REPENT.

various modes and context of English usage has changed over the centuries, and I insist that your are MISINTERPRETING those words based on context. you DONT understand scriptures, again, stop trying trying to explain what you don't understand....
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 6:59am On Oct 05, 2015
HAHN, since poo comes from you, then YOU ARE A PIECE OF POO....after all GOD is evil, because evil came from him right?

stop dodging your own line of thought dude....I will follow it faithfully.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by djdoxxx(m): 7:16am On Oct 05, 2015
@menesheh, Ur OP Is Very True And Factual...All, These Religious Bigots Would Say Is That, They Are Not Being Forced, Neither Were They Indoctrinated Like We Were Never In Their Shoes...I Should Open A Thread Soon Which Would Highlight All The Barbaric, Stoic, Primitive And Evil Concepts In The Bible? Have You Read The Quran Before, And Can You Post Their Hypocrisy Here Too?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? / Fake Pastors Exposed! / Love Making In Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.