Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori (4702 Views)

Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate / Will PDP Senators Also Follow Saraki To Supreme Court? / Senator Ighoyota Amori Marks 63rd Birthday Boat Cruising With Girls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party member representing Delta Central Senatorial District, Senator Ighoyota Amori, tells SUNDAY ABORISADE that the call on the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to step aside following his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal is unnecessary

What is your opinion on the ongoing trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal?

The allegations raised against Senate Bukola President, Saraki by the CCT, to me, are politically motivated and will not in anyway, distract the 8th Senate from its focus of bringing about necessary development to Nigerians across the various sectors. I want to believe an allegation remains an allegation. Our laws are very clear. It is an allegation until it is proven. However, let us take a closer look at what the allegations are, dating back to 2003 to date, I think, as far as I am concerned, something is wrong somewhere about it. It is very obvious; of course, we know what has happened since the inauguration of the 8th Senate. How come 12 years down the line somebody is feeling that there is something he has forgotten in those years and he wants to find an answer to now? We will not be distracted from that, and whatever it is that anybody is doing, our laws are very clear. We have a responsibility, and on the basis of that we will try to do what Nigerians expect of us.

Some people are arguing that the vote of confidence passed on the senate leadership by you and your colleagues is abnormal, what is your reaction to this?

There is nothing wrong with it; it is just to let Nigerians know that we are satisfied with the composition of the senate leadership and their performances so far. I want to assure you that the 8th Senate will not be distracted in any way. We will stand by our leaders because leadership is from God and as far as I am concerned, I didn’t come here because I am the best; it is just the will of God that we will be here. Now that we are here, we shall try as much as possible to deliver very good legislations that will move this country forward. Nigeria is great, and we want to make it greater. And I assure you, we will definitely not be distracted. The entire Senate is behind our leadership.

Some people are arguing that the trial of Saraki is a witch-hunt. Do you also share this view?

Definitely yes; because Saraki is facing trial over what allegedly happened in the past since he is now the Senate President. The senators will not abandon him as their duly elected leader. The charges against Saraki as far as I am concerned are mere distraction, because they are issues that happened 13 years ago that people are bringing up now. I think Nigerians should disregard such issues because they are distracting the National Assembly from doing its constitutional work. And I don’t think that it is going to help us. The allegations are non-issues. I think the people who are doing this are not helping the country. They are not helping the President and they are not helping anybody because as far as the National Assembly is concerned, we are going to move on from all these distractions. Saraki has led the Senate creditably well in the last 100 days and we shall continue to give him our total support, irrespective of any distractions from any quarters.

What is your reaction to the call on the Senate President to either resign or step aside to enable him face his trial at the CCT?

If there is any call like that, it is uncalled-for. Are they saying that if I just wake up today and make any allegation against President Buhari today, are you saying that he should resign first in order to clear himself of the allegation? It cannot work that way. If we employ that method that means that nobody will be in office. This means that Nigerians will just wake up one day, level allegations against their elected officials and demand their resignation. I think we should elevate ourselves above those petty things. It has never happened that somebody would resign based on mere allegation that had not been proved. An accused is presumed innocent until he is found guilty by the court. These are judicial matters which would end finally when the Supreme Court makes a pronouncement on it. It is the senate that will determine who becomes the senate president. It is not from outside. Senators in the senate would determine their fate in the choice of their presiding officers and principal officers, they are not to be appointed from outside. Those who are calling for Saraki’s resignation are just wasting their time because they did not vote him to be senate president in the first instance.

Don’t you think that the issue of vote of confidence was a confrontational strategy by the legislature against the executive?

When senators pass a vote of confidence on the leadership they elected and say they are standing by them, it does not mean that they are challenging any arm of government. It does not concern the executive at all. The executive are also free to pass vote of confidence on their own leadership too. Passing a vote of confidence on the senate leadership is our business which comes from our mind. I think people should forget about the CCT issue now and let us concentrate on governance. These distractions are unwarranted. Let us face Nigeria’s growth and development instead of busy discussing Saraki. Today is the 55th Independence Anniversary of Nigeria. We need to sit down and have sober reflection on where we were at independence, where we ought to be now and where circumstances had forced us to be. We need to move forward. The three arms of government should mind their business without one interfering in the affairs of others.

We learnt that senators who openly identified with the senate president at the CCT might be investigated by the Code of Conduct Bureau, what is your reaction to this?

They would be investigated for what reason? Okay, let them begin their investigation. They could even decide to investigate the whole country if they like. But I want to caution that the law is not meant for certain categories of people. It is meant for everybody. We are all subject of the constitution. The CCT was not created only for the legislators. The judiciary has the right to exercise their powers, likewise the executive and the legislature. We don’t have anything to hide. I am not aware of such plan but even if they want to do anything like that, there is no big deal. We will continue to follow Saraki to the CCT whenever the case comes up. If they make any attempt to witch-hunt any senator for being in solidarity with the senate president, they should go ahead, we are ready for them. This country belongs to all of us. We will continue to do our job as lawmakers.

Is it true that the pro-Saraki senators will use his current saga to fight the executive during the clearance of ministerial nominees?

We are not fighting anybody. The Constitution makes a provision for the legislators to screen the candidates. There are criteria for screening and this will be followed to the letter because if the screening is not necessary, the President would not have sent the list to us. We will screen all the candidates based on the provisions of the constitution. It is not a matter of fighting back. We are not fighting anybody. We want to take this country to the next level so, we will do our duties as prescribed in the constitution. We are not witch-hunting anybody and we won’t employ any form of vendetta. The era of take-a-bow-and-go, is completely gone. We screen everybody strictly according to the law. We will approve the appointment of those who are qualified and reject those who are not qualified. This is when Nigerians will know that we are serious with what they elected us to do and that we are not stooges of anybody.

What is the way forward?

The way out of the entire saga is for each of the three arms of government to mind their businesses and let us face governance. Each of the three arms should restrict its functions to its constitutional responsibilities. It is when one arm is trying to influence or mediate in the affairs of another that leads to crisis

http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/we-will-continue-to-follow-saraki-to-court-pdp-senator/
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by HungerBAD: 1:27am On Oct 04, 2015
Senator Ighoyota Amori, is a Bad Luck Karma.

No sensible person should come close him, as everybody that comes close to him usually end up with one sad story, or the other. James Ibori, his God-father is the Ade Bendel, of the UK Prison Systems.

Sadly, Saraki too will be in Prison and so the circle of Amori's Badluck, getting people locked up will still continue. I read this article twice, and not once did he state why he is supporting Saraki. Is he on Saraki's side based on the fact the Saraki is working?is he on his side because bills have been passed into law?is he on his side because they want to move Nigeria forward?no.

This Senator simply has no clue why he is on Saraki's side.

Senator Ighoyota Amori, is a Newbie in the National Level Theater of Politics. He still thinks he is in Delta, where his PDP Thugs, usually hold people and communities to ransom,he will learn very soon.

Saraki and Senator Ighoyota Amori types, will not go down because they are not good Politicians. They will go down, because they are both from the old brigade of PDP, that nearly ran Nigeria aground.

Senator Ighoyota Amori is a common thug, and in a sane society should not even be a Senator. But again, Nigeria is gradually cleaning her Augean Stable, and the Saraki's, David Mark's, the Senator Amori's, and those criminally minded PDP Old Brigade Politicians, will soon be GIVEN an EVICTION NOTICE from Politics in Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by IamAtribalist: 1:39am On Oct 04, 2015
cool And please! please!! don't forget to also follow him to prison. HEEDIOTS HE-GOATS.

10 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool And please! please!! don't forget to also follow him to prison. HEEDIOTS HE-GOATS.

If only you dont get to go to prison before anyone of them oponu!!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by godwil114(m): 1:44am On Oct 04, 2015
Na buari dey cause every tin.....buari na tiff

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by IamAtribalist: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

And who ask this Biafra goat? Ewu - stay off my mention and while you are at it STOP defending LOOTERS. HEEDIOT.

7 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:

And who ask this Biafra goat? Ewu - stay off my mention and while you are at it STOP defending LOOTERS. HEEDIOT.

Ewu gambia

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:03am On Oct 04, 2015
Kwantinu, fly wey no hear word na hin dey follow dead body enter grave

6 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by fromnigeria(m): 3:27am On Oct 04, 2015
Most representatives from Delta are fond of this 'follow follow syndrome'

ask how they've represented their 'contiquency' Lol and you'll know they're good for nothing representatives.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by ionsman: 4:03am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Don't you have some sense of decorum?

4 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by eyesofgod: 5:27am On Oct 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
Senator Ighoyota Amori, is a Bad Luck Karma.

No sensible person should come close him, as everybody that comes close to him usually end up with one sad story, or the other. James Ibori, his God-father is the Ade Bendel, of the UK Prison Systems.

Sadly, Saraki too will be in Prison and so the circle of Amori's Badluck, getting people locked up will still continue. I read this article twice, and not once did he state why he is supporting Saraki. Is he on Saraki's side based on the fact the Saraki is working?is he on his side because bills have been passed into law?is he on his side because they want to move Nigeria forward?no.

This Senator simply has no clue why he is on Saraki's side.

Senator Ighoyota Amori, is a Newbie in the National Level Theater of Politics. He still thinks he is in Delta, where his PDP Thugs, usually hold people and communities to ransom,he will learn very soon.

Saraki and Senator Ighoyota Amori types, will not go down because they are not good Politicians. They will go down, because they are both from the old brigade of PDP, that nearly ran Nigeria aground.

Senator Ighoyota Amori is a common thug, and in a sane society should not even be a Senator. But again, Nigeria is gradually cleaning her Augean Stable, and the Saraki's, David Mark's, the Senator Amori's, and those criminally minded PDP Old Brigade Politicians, will soon be GIVEN an EVICTION NOTICE from Politics in Nigeria.

Gbam!!
Amori was even accused of witchcraft practises in his village.

5 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by eyesofgod: 5:41am On Oct 04, 2015
Pa Chukwudi, I know you are a confirmed basket case, but it's not every unpatriotic politician that pops up in the news should automatically become your hero.
Why am I even worrying self?
If there's sanity in a write-up, then it's not Chukwudi's.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 04, 2015
fromnigeria:
Most representatives from Delta are fond of this 'follow follow syndrome'

ask how they've represented their 'contiquency' Lol and you'll know they're good for nothing representatives.

Are you one of his constituents? Urhobo people do not take orders from bourdillion so park well.
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 04, 2015
eyesofgod:
Pa Chukwudi, I know you are a confirmed basket case, but it's not every unpatriotic politician that pops up in the news should automatically become your hero.
Why am I even worrying self?
If there's sanity in a write-up, then it's not Chukwudi's.
Stop spamming my mentions man
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by fromnigeria(m): 7:35am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Are you one of his constituents? Urhobo people do not take orders from bourdillion so park well.

Urhobo whose youth are fond of barricading routes of Politicians to make their plight known.

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by BCISLTD: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2015
Continue. ..u are next

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by bugzbunny: 8:13am On Oct 04, 2015
If saraki is corrupt... He must be brought to book
Nobody should be above the law
Be it in Apc or pDp..
I wonder how much they gave to pa chukwudi

2 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by bugzbunny: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:
The first time you are right
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Ghandi12: 8:21am On Oct 04, 2015
Over to the security operatives charged with maintenance of order around court premises and the Tribunal. Is the presence of uninvited lawmakers constituting nuisance to proceedings? If yes all nuisance should be brutally bared from the proceedings. If not they can follow him to prison if they like - who cares.

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by IamAtribalist: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2015
bugzbunny:

The first time you are right

Shut up - you don't know me beyatch.

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by permsec: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2015
SOLIDARITY.
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by DebateNigeria: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

You have done a great job. I am beginning to tilt towards Saraki. Truth is that he has not been convicted by any competent court. Tinubu tactics has always been to whip up public sentiments against perceived enemies using his media branch. He did it against GEJ, he's doing it against Saraki. However, my biggest issue with Saraki was his betrayer of PDP (his family).
If Saraki is convicted, he must thereafter return his loots and serve jail term. Until then, he's innocent until proven otherwise.
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by DebateNigeria: 10:02am On Oct 04, 2015
Btw, the media should not only tarnish Saraki's image, they should furnish us with the original forms filled by Saraki, the total worth of what he declared and what his real assets are. It is clear that the intentions of the Tinubus was to use the CCT to threaten the senate president into resigning. That has failed. If Saraki ever resigns, be assured the next senate president will be from PDP caucus.
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by philips70(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2015
Pa Chukwudi44, your stupidity is getting out of hand. Do you really need to conjure up nonsense to defend your current madness in the case of Saraki? Ighoyota Amori is the last person anyone can make reference to in issues of integrity. The same man who was caught on video boasting primary elections done in the day don't count but the ones done at night in godfathers houses produce candidates. This is a man who turned Delta state PDP and politics to an all cult affairs.

You need to be ashamed of yourself really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpkPPBuSXs

2 Likes

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by bugzbunny: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:

Shut up - you don't know me beyatch.
Shut down.... Bloody programmed robot
Stewpid useless tribal bigot
God punish u
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by ibedun: 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpkPPBuSXs[/quote]

The idiot in this video is a senator?

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by IamAtribalist: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
bugzbunny:

Shut down.... Bloody programmed robot
Stewpid useless tribal bigot
God punish u

Satan visit your life.
Sango fire your yansh.
You this she-goat
Die quickly.

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by bugzbunny: 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:

Satan visit your life.
Sango fire your yansh.
You this she-goat
Die quickly.
You are already dead
Bloody fustrated tribalist
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by IamAtribalist: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
bugzbunny:

You are already dead
Bloody fustrated tribalist

Wrong. I dey kampe.

You on the other hand,

DEATH IS KNOCKING
at your door.

Die.

1 Like

Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
DebateNigeria:
Btw, the media should not only tarnish Saraki's image, they should furnish us with the original forms filled by Saraki, the total worth of what he declared and what his real assets are. It is clear that the intentions of the Tinubus was to use the CCT to threaten the senate president into resigning. That has failed. If Saraki ever resigns, be assured the next senate president will be from PDP caucus.
Don't mind the hypocrites!!
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
DebateNigeria:

You have done a great job. I am beginning to tilt towards Saraki. Truth is that he has not been convicted by any competent court. Tinubu tactics has always been to whip up public sentiments against perceived enemies using his media branch. He did it against GEJ, he's doing it against Saraki. However, my biggest issue with Saraki was his betrayer of PDP (his family).
If Saraki is convicted, he must thereafter return his loots and serve jail term. Until then, he's innocent until proven otherwise.
Well said!!! Saraki is not even accused of looting but rather false declaration of assets!!! Even the more grievious crime committed by Fashola is been neglected.
Re: We Will Continue To Follow Saraki To Court - Senator Amori by bugzbunny: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
IamAtribalist:

Wrong. I dey kampe.

You on the other hand,

DEATH IS KNOCKING
at your door.

Die.
U think a breathing tribalist on net is alive?... Dude u are a walking corpse..bloody tribalist

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party NWC Dispels Alleged INEC Recognition Of Expelled Former Chairman / Hope Rises For 2019 Budget, Oil Price Rebounds To $60 / Escaped Chibok Girl Graduates In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.