Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (54478 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Does The Bible Support Communism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 6:11am On Oct 04, 2015
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by abat4real37(f): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2015
Who know's
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by freecocoa(f): 8:12am On Oct 04, 2015
See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha.

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Dekatron(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2015
freecocoa:
See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha.

grin grin

No ooo, he is a LOVING FATHER, SUFFICIENT GOD, OMNIPRESENT, OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT. . . . . .

Sister repent, or you are in damnation of HELL!! REPENT!!

@raayah :- well, away from BIBLE and RELIGION, I actually DON'T SUPPORT ABORTION ON A NORMAL DAY. Except for RAPE. . . . Its your responsibility, DO IT!! Why didnt you use protection or why did you let him enter without protection??

Na part of why I never jam kpekus o jare my sister. . . . . Abortion except for RAPE or SEXUAL ASSAULT(If possible) is BAD and without evidence of rape, doctors should NEVER ABORT. They should make that a law.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by freecocoa(f): 8:36am On Oct 04, 2015
Dekatron:

grin grin

No ooo, he is a LOVING FATHER, SUFFICIENT GOD, OMNIPRESENT, OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT. . . . . .

Sister repent, or you are in damnation of HELL!! REPENT!!

@raayah :- well, away from BIBLE and RELIGION, I actually DON'T SUPPORT ABORTION ON A NORMAL DAY. Except for RAPE. . . . Its your responsibility, DO IT!! Why didnt you use protection or why did you let him enter without protection??

Na part of why I never jam kpekus o jare my sister. . . . . Abortion except for RAPE or SEXUAL ASSAULT(If possible) is BAD and without evidence of rape, doctors should NEVER ABORT. They should make that a law.
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2015
tr

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by hyfr(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=freecocoa post=38649274]See the kind god people decide to worship, that dude is mean sha. [/quote looks like you've lost touch with reality. Jesus is calling you my sister, he wants to give you common sense

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by hyfr(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2015
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Mehn! I don't know which hell will be worse than naija right now and I'm sure if I can survive in naija, I will definitely survive any other hell, he should bring it on.

If I can lay my hands on the writers of the bible eh, I will spank them silly, very stup1d and evil men they were, I don't want to imagine what the lives of women then would have been like.

#sad
somebody in your village has sworn that u won't get sense this year

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by freecocoa(f): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2015
[quote author=hyfr post=38650806][/quote]He should first give himself and his followers some of it, doesn't seem like you have it.kiss

6 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by freecocoa(f): 9:26am On Oct 04, 2015
hyfr:
somebody in your village has sworn that u won't get sense this year
And you have decided to be useless all by yourself, bravo.

Curse don't work on me sugar, I'm above such nonsense.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by HARDDON: 12:25am On Oct 05, 2015
freecocoa:

angry

What do u bliv in?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by freecocoa(f): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2015
HARDDON:

angry

What do u bliv in?
In myself and others.

15 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by hyfr(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2015
freecocoa:

who be sugar?? Jesus is still looking out for you

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by johnydon22(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2015
exxell:
As a Christian, na one eye I dey take look that Old testament god. Most times, there is no difference between him nd the Muslim Allah. Very radical in nature.
Oh am curious; Is the Old testament God different from the new testament God?

Are they different Gods or the ideas of the people who speak for God change?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by sonmvayina(m): 11:35am On Oct 05, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh am curious; Is the Old testament God different from the new testament God?

Are they different Gods or the ideas of the people who speak for God change?

yes they are different...any body that says different is just plain stupid or ignorant and dishonest...they dont reverence the era and the predominant ideas at the time they where written.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2015
sonmvayina:

yes they are different...any body that says different is just plain stupid or ignorant and dishonest...they dont reverence the era and the predominant ideas at the time they where written.
Both are equally barbaric. .

anyway this is enough to show any reasonable person that these concepts are constructs of the mind of the people who lay them out & a reflection of the cultural ideology of the cultures where it is found..

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by plappville(f): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.

Did you see the word if there before judging? The law is placed if you want the cause on you then the married woman should go and have a thin with another man. I think it's a law to protect marriage. If you disobey the Las that prohibites you from drug. You will surely face the penelty. For example, Will u be so nice to accept ur wife to bring another man's pregnancy to you? Of course no. You will even kill her with the pregnancy. The marriage union is a sacred one to God. These were made to protect the marriage. No proof if any women was found guilty of this crime in the bible. If u have one. It will be nice to show us. Thank you.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Redlyn: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dekatron:

But in rape the deed is already done, you cant undo it. So why now allow the killing of an innocent child? Whether rape or not rape the motivation for the abortion is still due to UNWANTED BABY. So why the big distinction? Why not let the child live and give it away if not wanted.
Unless your issue with abortion has nothing to do with pro-life. It seems to be more about making a point to the mother.
What if she used protection but it broke/failed? Is abortion ok then?

5 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by johnydon22(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
To me personally i do not and can never support removing a feotus unless it poses a dire threat to the life of the mother and that is the only way to save the woman's life.

So better the feotus than the mother because if the mother dies the feotus dies with her... But on a normal circumstance where there is no threat to life, then let the new life that blooms within her be given a chance to see this world.

I wouldn't allow any body abort my child but seriously fvck what the bible and the quran thinks, i don't need idiotic constructs of primitive men that i am far more advanced than influence my personal standards.

its a shame 21st century beings still revere these books that has shown to be relics of a barbaric culture.

11 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by HARDDON: 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
freecocoa:
In myself and others.

Do u have dreams? I mean, do u dream when ur head u lay to rest @ night.? Have u had an attack @ night b4?
Do u have control over urself while u sleep?

Have u tried holding ur breath for 3mins?

Have u visited the mogue b4 n appreciated d fact that human being is noting but breath?

Have u wondered if there is really life after death? Or u think humans die like chicken n daz it?

There are alot of questions science cant ansa. Alot more google cant crawl up.

As d day n night is stark real, so also is evil n gud.

How can u bliv in urself when u r limited by make up? With so many questions hanging over ur head unanswered?

The mind blivs on a higher being, a being it can run to when itz @ a cross road.

How can u bliv in others when there is a limit they can go with u? How?
How can u bliv in others when u dont know the deep tots of their hearts? Daggar @ their back , a smile on their faces.

U dont need to know how to pray, b4 u go to bed to night, just ask God to reveal himself to u. Say it like u talking to a friend.
He is closer than u think n he cares than u cud ever imagine.

U wud be glad u did. No matter how far u travel on d wrong road, u wud neva get to u destination. Make a u turn today and embrace the light

Jesus Loves U.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Decapo: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmmm

Lalasticlala come and see o

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by damton(m): 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
The coming of Jesus has displaced injunctions like these.

4 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by missKiffy(f): 1:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
It is well
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ahckmedkosy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
I Dint need to read that quote by op before I say abortion is murder.. Grave sin. What op quoted in the bible has been modified in the new testament. It's the law of Moses of which Christians no longer live by but live by the principles of Jesus Christ ( accept Him *Jesus* as ur Lord) and in his mercy n grace u will live.

8 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by ShakurM(m): 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Op Dp na wa ooo shocked
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chyckxx(m): 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mehn.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by timilehing(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
It wasn't stated in The Bible so I wouldn't know
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Glamglam(f): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thank God for His son Jesus Christ and His grace.

www.thisismum.com

3 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Seunaj05(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
These verses of the Bible does not in any way depict abortion. It's rather talking abt the consequences of infidelity for married women. Pls, someone should stop twisting the word of God, it's very annoying

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Ephhay(f): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmmm....Who knows?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=hyfr post=38650806][/quote]

are you saying that the verse is fake ?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Dindondin(m): 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Brb

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.