Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics (839 Views)

London Police Discover $8.5million In Nigerian Student's Apartment (Video, Photo / Top 7 Cult Groups In Nigerian Universities, Their Motto And Symbols / Hilarious Statements Made By Criminals In Nigerian Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics by Kennywills7(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2015
Please this is not to incite or create confusion among nairalanders
I just want to learn of certain things going on in our polity!
The Niger Delta oil is the main source of our government revenue in Nigeria and as such the Niger Delta States enjoy 13% oil derivation funds from the federal government meaning higher allocation to the states in the Niger Delta.
Nigeria as country has laws which are easily bend for a selected few in the country, with that governors and government officials steal and get away with it regardless of the out cry of the masses.
While it is true that Niger delta governors has more to steal than their colleagues from other states, it does not exclude those governors from being thieves.
In recent times some ex governors has been jailed notably by the olusegun obasanjo regime namely James ibori and alamiesieya (dunno if i got d name correctly) later pardon by Jonathan and these two are from the South south, those are the ex governors i know that has faced jail terms
In recent times, ministers from this region has been in the news for corruption and people believed that the past regime was very corrupt and the likes of Stella odua, okonjo aweala & diezani madueke, with okonjo aweala been accused of mismanaging the economy while the other two are accused of enriching themselves with government funds as such should be jailed and the money recovered.
My take is that if anyone of them is found culpable, they should face the law!
Having said that, i want to asked a few questions and i want unbiased response from you all dear readers!!
1. Is it the South south that has only corrupt ex and serving governors?
If no then why is nothing been done to the rest of them from the rest regions of the country?
2. The corruption in Jonathan's regime was it carried out by only south southerners and South Easterners?
If no then why ain't we hearing the names of the rest answering questions to Nigerians or at least facing charges related to the offence they might have committed?
3. Why are the corruption charges related to some ex governors, ex lawmakers being sweep under the carpet while some are being treated with media scrutiny and iron hand?
I would have love to go on but i will stop here so that i don't bore u guys with my English and reasoning!
Thank u all, please no insults!
please the mods should help me to put this in the right section cos i don't know if it should be in politics section! Thank you

Lalasticlala
Re: Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics by Ini22(f): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics by Aromas: 1:43am On Oct 05, 2015
Aren't you in dis con3 during GEJ tenure So why dis questions nah........... APC + PDP are all corrupt the man who is less corrupt is PMB undecided
Re: Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics by Kennywills7(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2015
Aromas:
Aren't you in dis con3 during GEJ tenure So why dis questions nah........... APC + PDP are all corrupt the man who is less corrupt is PMB undecided
Well bro am not here to defend Gej and u will agree with me that Buhari won the election promising to route out corruption, people believed dat we needed a change, so isn't buhari suppose to do things differently?
I mean isn't he suppose to bring in a new culture of politics and mentality into the system to change things for good?
Well those are just a few questions however am not here to criticise him!
I want u to comment on the selective prosecution of Nigerian politicians as regards the regions mostly affected by it
Re: Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics by Eluwilussit(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
Aromas:

Which one come be less corrupt? Corruption is corruption. If u thief #100 or #1bn, na thief u be. Thief is not about amount, quantity, or quality of what's stollen but about the act.

PMB can't swear before Sango or Amadioha that he hasn't stollen naija money before. All the same, I know what u mean.

1 Like

Re: Selective Prosecution in Nigerian politics by Kennywills7(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=Eluwilussit post=38721829]

Which one come be less corrupt? Corruption is corruption. If u thief #100 or #1bn, na thief u be. Thief is not about amount, quantity, or quality of what's stollen but about the act.

PMB can't swear before Sango or Amadioha that he hasn't stollen naija money before. All the same, I know what u mean.

WHICH ONE COME BE LESS CORRUPT? CORRUPTION IS CORRUPTION . If u thief #100 or #1bn, na thief u be. Thief is not about amount, quantity, or quality of what's stollen!
This is d part i love most in d above statement
Thank u bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

11 Year Old Boy Murders An 8 Year Old Girl Over A Puppy (photos) / Lagos Rapid Respond Squad Arrest Three Traffic Robbers (photos) / Landord Kills Tenant In Lagos Because Of Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.