Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

NIGERIA Police Brutality And Wickedness. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIA Police Brutality And Wickedness. (573 Views)

"Pot Belly Of Wickedness" - Okorocha & His Aide's Photo Got People Talking Onlin / Edwin Clark: I Was Told Tompolo’s Dad’s Leg Was Amputated Due To Army Brutality / Man Alleges Police Brutality At Sango Police Station, Ibadan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIA Police Brutality And Wickedness. by kizitoik2004(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
[center]This is were we talk about how badly our nigerian police treat suspects even when they've not been proven guilty of the crime they are being accused for.
i'll start with my experience on 2nd october 2015 @ Agbani police station in nkanu west local government of Enugu state.
on 1st of october 2015, after celebrating the independence of nigeria with friends at a popular bar at AgbanI, i and my friend Austin decided to sleep over in a friends place CALLED CHINEDU. this our friend stays at a place called OKOCHI 1; that i later found out to be the landlords name. we got there at around 10pm and because we've had some bottles of beer everyone was tired and slept almost immediately.
as early as 6am the next morning we heard a loud bang on the door with shouts 'its the police ,open the door'. we opened to now what the problem was, they said there was no problem that something happened that we are needed in the station just for a few hours. silly us sheepishly followed one Mrs Rita of the agbani police station. on getting there we were told that the OKOCHI 1 registered a case against us saying we threatened him when he confronted us while we were smoking indian helm. we were shocked and at the same time surprised. i and Austin told this officer; Mrs Rita, we dont know this man and infact we have never seen this man before. she acted surprise and encouraged us to put it down in the statement we were making already.
after the statement, we relaxed that this issue is already solved, we were held behind counter for about 4hours, then they took our friend chinedu to search his room for what they called sapele water. we have not been convicted for any offence yet the DPO WALKED BY AND IMMEDAITELY ORDERED THEM TO TAKE US TO CELL, i triaed to protest the officer wouldnt let me, that was how this people remanded i and austin in jail only for chinedu to join us later in the cell even though nothing of such was found in his room.
AUSTIN's father bailed him and i and chinedu was left in the cell. my landlord, out of pity that my nearest relation is in Anambra came in to facilitate my bail but was humiliated by the DPO. A man in his late 40's was slapped and kicked with all manner insults like a little boy and pushed out of the police station and was warned by the DPO never to enter the station again. then i knew my getting out wasnt going to be that day, i had to spend the night there.....a minute of silence for all inmates.......thank you.the reason i said this is that the officers present dont even care if you have eaten, they dont care if you are sick or even want to go to the toilet. you will have to shout and shout before they will answer you with their arrogant tone coupled with some insults. just last night, everybody in that cell had to pee in the passage because the officer in duty was sleeping and doesnt like the inmates disturbing her sleep just because they are pressed.
Mrs Rita is so wicked that when my landlord came to bail me, she preferred to get her car at the car wash than to release an innocent man in police custody as early as 6am that very day and its about 7pm by now; is this not wickedness? she got the car and now insisted that my landlord will have to bail the 2 of us left in the cell. note, i had 2000 naira on me, but she set my bail on 5000, i had to call someone to bring 3500 to make it up in her presence and now she is insisting that i make it 10000, can u imaging that? my landlord decided to go and let me spend the night there; this lady turned and demanded the 5000, that was what got my landlord angry and he yelled at this lady only for the DPO to come out and pounced on my landlord, is that not wickedness?, my fate was sealed that night and i must spend the night in that God forsaken cell. i took it in good faith though.
the next morning Mrs Rita came and i asked her when i can get out she said she was going to church, that it will be around 1pm, i pleaded that im no longer comfortable whit the cell let me call another person to bail me but she ignored me and left. but thank God she came back by 2 and requested that i make my call. i had to call another person to bail me. even after the way the officer on duty treated me, she still insisted i give her tip before she releases my property to me. just tell me why this kind of wickedness should go on punished? i had to pay 5000 naira for my bail and a tip of 500 naira just to secure my freedom from a crime i was wrongfully accused. LET THE APPROPRIATE GOVERNMENT AGENCY TAKE UP THIS MATTER BECAUSE THIS IS JUST MY FIRST POST.
[/center]

Re: NIGERIA Police Brutality And Wickedness. by 1miccza: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
Bros i sympathise with you. But please i want to ask this if you have any of the offices of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC),explain this in details. Or rather if there are any of the offices of the public defender,visit them and lodge your complaint....
Re: NIGERIA Police Brutality And Wickedness. by Boyooosa(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2015
ee yah! U dont av a case, just forget about the whole scenario and start a more careful life. U landlord might be a witness or a co-complainant but both of u av no substantial evidence to charge a case against them. So, bro, just go home, relax and be more careful some other tym. angry
Re: NIGERIA Police Brutality And Wickedness. by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Oh boy, tell us the truth. Question.1.You dey smoke igbo?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Diverted N3.5trn Pension Funds-oshiomhole / Ex-lcda Chairman Buys European Club / I Wasn’t Considered Minister-utomi Says I’ll Rather Be Remembered Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.