Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:18 PM

Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter (3429 Views)

Biafra Comment: Benjamin Adekunle Daughter Gets Death Threats / Benjamin Adekunle’s Daughter Alleges Death Threats Over Biafra Comment / “the Issues Of Biafra Was Settled In 1970″ – ACF Blasts Ndigbo Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by kettykin: 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
Daughter of the late Brig.-Gen. Benjamin Adekunle, Busola Olagunju, said her father and former President Olusegun Obasanjo did not quarrel over any issue surrounding their roles to end the Nigerian Civil War.

Obasanjo took over the control of the 3rd Marine Commando at Escravos from Adekunle, who was usually referred to as the Black Scorpion.

The war ended shortly after Obasanjo took over, with the same marine commando.

During the one year remembrance of Adekunle in Ogbomoso, Oyo State, on Saturday, Olagunju, who is a legal practitioner, acknowledged that there was a divided opinion over who actually won the war between his father and Obasanjo but added that it was never an issue between the two.

She said behind the scene, Obasanjo and his father were best of friends.

She said, “There is a historical fact about who ended the Civil War, there is no rift or debate about that. The debate is about who contributed the most between my father and Obasanjo. That is however subjective.

Some say my father had already conquered the whole of Biafra and that Biafra was already like a tablet of soap when Obasanjo took over from my father. But even if it was a size of postage stamp, the truth is that Obasanjo took over when the war was still on

“This is another example of a public and private matter. When my father died, Obasanjo was the person I called in Nigeria. People can say what they want in the public but privately, Obasanjo and my father were friends.

“He calls my mother his wife. My father and Obasanjo quarrelled but they easily resolved it without making noise about it. I have a lot of respect for both of them and I have my reasons.”

Adekunle, who died on September 13, 2014 at the age of 78, retired from the Nigerian Army in 1974 after 16 years in service.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-my-father-didnt-quarrel-over-biafra-adekunles-daughter/

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by kettykin: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2015
This is really very hilarious , I posted this so that igbos will see how they appear in some people's eyes

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Ciscogod(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
And why is punch reporting this as news.
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by honourhim: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
kettykin:
This is really very hilarious , I posted this so that igbos will see how they appear in some people's eyes

Its good you said in some people's eyes.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
kettykin:

When I see comments like this I wonder the IQ level of the author.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by kettykin: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
Thebachelor:

When I see comments like this I wonder the IQ level of the author.

The author on nairaland or the author in punchng.com
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Gr8tasign: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
Idiots flexing muscles over biafra war forgetting that if not britain and their cohorts nigeria would've been as useless as worm before gallant biafran army.

Anyways, u idiots should pray hard to escape our revenge mission by peacefully granting us biafra else nigeria will be compared to sahara desert when we're done with it.

Osisi putara ihe adighi ekpu ugbo.....ma oburu na nigeria soro isi(blindly) sokwute anyi "anyi ekpue ya ugbo".

Biafrans maanu nma oo!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Aromas: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Ciscogod:
And why is punch reporting this as news.
So no be news?
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Ciscogod(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
Aromas:

So no be news?

Na watin blog suppose dey write. Just to make something up out of nothing

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by mascot87(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Gr8tasign:
Idiots flexing muscles over biafra war forgetting that if not britain and their cohorts nigeria would've been as useless as worm before gallant biafran army.

Anyways, u idiots should pray hard to escape our revenge mission by peaceful granting us biafra else nigeria will be compared to sahara desert when we're done with it.

Osisi putara ihe adighi ekpu ugbo.....ma oburu na nigeria soro isi(blindly) sokwute anyi "anyi ekpue ya ugbo".

Biafrans maanu nma oo!

Beating chest as usual

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by SOUNDKING: 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
The issue is not about what happened,it is what will happen.this is 2015 not 1966,it is called the 21st century.
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by WIZGUY69(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
Gr8tasign:

Anyways, u idiots should pray hard to escape our revenge mission by peaceful granting us biafra else nigeria will be compared to sahara desert when we're done with it.

Biafrans maanu nma oo!

cheesy grin. what's the size of the game?
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by DaBullIT(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2015
We know about Okoro and your other plans , but tell you what, In case your memory disc is corrupt, some other mercenaries and nations supported Biafra as well , if you wanna wail at least be honest about it so we can feel pity for you

although arms were clandestinely acquired. Because of the lack of official support, the Biafrans manufactured many of their weapons locally. A number of Europeans served in the Biafran cause; German born Rolf Steiner was a Lt. Colonel assigned to the 4th Commando Brigade and Welshman Taffy Williams served as a Major until the very end of the conflict.[25]

Do you know why there was no official support because it was all propaganda, and nations in the world do not want to get involved in dirty business

Imagine one man having just 3000 men/soldiers at the begining of a war with a nation with over 130 Million citizens and hundreds of thousands of soldiers but some mumuic mumus still took up arms , No body massacred Ibos in Biafra, Ojukwu did and he did out of selfish interest

Bite me but that's the truth

Gr8tasign:

Biafrans maanu nma oo!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by badnature: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
hmm look at Yoruba fighting over the achievement of the british and soviet union

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by likila: 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
kettykin:
Obasanjo and my father were friends. “He calls my mother his wife.

Aaaaaah!
obasanjo again!
how can he be chukking a brother officer's wife because the officer is not capable?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by badnature: 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
why is it that the casualties from Nigerian military is far more higher than that of biafran military,can any body answer that question??

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
oro buruku lenu awon chest beaters as if it was british soldiers dat came to Nigeria to fight Biafra war.

Nnamdi kalu has always been lying to them even though he claimed to be speaking d truth.

Victor banjo fought d most during biafra 4 d biafrans and he won south south to Ore. what that means is dat it was some yoruba men dat was wining d war 4 Biafra while ojukwu igbo hero coward fled to ivory coast.
while Nigeria soldiers that performed galantly were yorubas as well

if i lied pls quote me.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2015

Daughter of the late Brig.-Gen. Benjamin Adekunle, Busola Olagunju, said her father and former President Olusegun Obasanjo did not quarrel over any issue surrounding their roles to end the Nigerian Civil War.

Obasanjo took over the control of the 3rd Marine Commando at Escravos from Adekunle, who was usually referred to as the Black Scorpion.

During the one year remembrance of Adekunle in Ogbomoso, Oyo State, on Saturday, Olagunju, who is a legal practitioner, acknowledged that there was a divided opinion over who actually won the war between his father and Obasanjo but added that it was never an issue between the two.

She said, “There is a historical fact about who ended the Civil War, there is no rift or debate about that. The debate is about who contributed the most between my father and Obasanjo. That is however subjective.

PUNCH!!!!

How many times did I call you?

Who did this copy and paste? Shame!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
kettykin:

Actually, you are lame.

You talk about Igbos, then you bring in the opinion of someone who doesn't matter in the affairs of Igbos?

Where were you when your mates were receiving sense ?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Duru1(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
kettykin:

Some say my father had already conquered the whole of Biafra and that Biafra was already like a tablet of soap when Obasanjo took over from my father. But even if it was a size of postage stamp, the truth is that Obasanjo took over when the war was still on

“This is another example of a public and private matter. When my father died, Obasanjo was the person I called in Nigeria. People can say what they want in the public but privately, Obasanjo and my father were friends.

“He calls my mother his wife. My father and Obasanjo quarrelled but they easily resolved it without making noise about it. I have a lot of respect for both of them and I have my reasons.”

Adekunle, who died on September 13, 2014 at the age of 78, retired from the Nigerian Army in 1974 after 16 years in service.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-my-father-didnt-quarrel-over-biafra-adekunles-daughter/

Why are most Yoruba people so idiotic? Per the bolded, neither Adekunle nor Obasanjo won the civil war? If anybody should be spoken in that regard, the person shall be Gowon. Again, 3MCDO was not the only Nigerian military outfit that operated in the theater of war. There were 2nd and 1st Divisions of the Nigerian army. Obasanjo was chosen because he was the most senior military officer in the field. Biafrans could have surrounded to Lt Col Ibrahim Haruna of 2nd Div or Col Bisalla of 1st Div. Yari.ba people are very loudmouthed and very idiotic at it.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by ayobabas: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2015
May his soul rest in peace. The guy really taught biafrans hell.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Duru1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
ayobabas:
May his soul rest in peace. The guy really taught biafrans hell.

He was merely loudmouthed just as you.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Boyopumping: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Duru1:

Why are most Yoruba people so idiotic? Per the bolded, neither Adekunle nor Obasanjo won the civil war? If anybody should be spoken in that regard, the person shall be Gowon. Again, 3MCDO was not the only Nigerian military outfit that operated in the theater of war. There were 2nd and 1st Divisions of the Nigerian army. Obasanjo was chosen because he was the most senior military officer in the field. Biafrans could have surrounded to Lt Col Ibrahim Haruna of 2nd Div or Col Bisalla of 1st Div. Yari.ba people are very loudmouthed and very idiotic at it.
Haba y manipulating now d 3rd division den entered enugu first now and moreover d war was still on in today's benue state until d announcement of surrender pls check history properly
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by sherrylo: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
The Black Scorpion
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Duru1(m): 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
Boyopumping:

Haba y manipulating now d 3rd division den entered enugu first now and moreover d war was still on in today's benue state until d announcement of surrender pls check history properly

You are an unfortunate Nigerian. It is a pity Nigeria is 55 with intellect of a kindergarten.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by rhymaster: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
kettykin:

She no lie so just shut up!! Nigeria won! Biafra lost totally!
Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by ezeagu(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Ready, set, tribal war.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by ezeagu(m): 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
But, wait, where was his daughter when he was stark raving mad on the streets of Oshogbo? You mean she has mouth to talk about his so called feats, but she couldn't look after him as a shrivelled wretched old man?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Malawian(m): 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
we didn't even know of his one year "remembrance". his daughter is probably looking for government appointment.
sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by ichoku: 12:37am On Oct 05, 2015
People like you should google and read about military strenght and military loss during the war less they utter rubbish.
kettykin:

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 05, 2015
DaBullIT:
We know about Okoro and your other plans , but tell you what, In case your memory disc is corrupt, some other mercenaries and nations supported Biafra as well , if you wanna wail at least be honest about it so we can feel pity for you

although arms were clandestinely acquired. Because of the lack of official support, the Biafrans manufactured many of their weapons locally. A number of Europeans served in the Biafran cause; German born Rolf Steiner was a Lt. Colonel assigned to the 4th Commando Brigade and Welshman Taffy Williams served as a Major until the very end of the conflict.[25]

Do you know why there was no official support because it was all propaganda, and nations in the world do not want to get involved in dirty business

Imagine one man having just 3000 men/soldiers at the begining of a war with a nation with over 130 Million citizens and hundreds of thousands of soldiers but some mumuic mumus still took up arms , No body massacred Ibos in Biafra, Ojukwu did and he did out of selfish interest

Bite me but that's the truth

You again? No be you wey talk say the Nigerian navy never shot IPOB members at onitsha? you don come again with another useless story. The fact is that, I don't know why you like using NL to tell lies.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Was Already Like A Tablet Of Soap; Adekunle's Daughter by ArodewilliamsT: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2015
kettykin:

You mean the Adekunle that lost troops in owerri and took off on barefoot back to waterside ph, or the OBJ that ran on sighting Biafran boys and took a bullet in his left buttocks. grin

Real soldiers take bullets on the chest, obasanjo took his in the buttocks~Alabi Isama 2014

The yoruba emirate amuse me...grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Council Of Imams And Ulama Has Demanded The Arrest Of The President Of CAN / Difference Between APC And PDP Edo Presidential Rally(pics) / This Why It Will Be Hard For Nigeria To Divide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.