Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. (34245 Views)

Cameroonian Pastor Caught Having Three-some With 2 Married Women, Paraded Unclad / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
I am not writing this to bash women or speak ill of them, rather I am writing this to understand the rationale behind it and maybe give a piece of advice or two.

This is common among Christians and some working class women. I have noticed that majority of them respect their pastor/boss more than their husband.

The level of Respect some of them often accord these spiritual leaders mostly can actually be said to be awesome.

The respect is so much that whatever they instruct them(women) to do they obey without any second thoughts or arguements but the case is always different if the instruction is from the husband.

Its actually good though but isn't charity supposed to begin from home?

Some women even go as far as kneeling for them in public just to show respect. Does it make sense to go about kneeling for your Pastor, Imam, Boss and atimes even for your Landlord whereas you can't remember the last time you bent half a knee or even squat for your husband at home?

That's hypocrisy if you ask me and God frowns at it.

Does it makes sense to you when you go out there, respecting your spiritual leaders, (who happens to be another woman's husband) whereas you can't show any iota of Respect for your husband at home?

Just incase you don't know, your husband is your first Boss and leader in all ramifications of Life.

Since you have no problem whatsoever, taking instructions from your Boss or spiritual leader and carrying out their instructions to the latter 24/7 then why should you argue with your husband over a few things he asks of you?

Before you go out there to display how respectful you are, please ensure you start with your husband at home.

Accord him his due respect. Let all Godly virtues you want to disply to the world at large, start from your home.

Kindly respect your husband, give him his rightful place. Asides from God, Put your husband first in all you do. It does'nt hurt or make you a lesser person.

215 Likes 33 Shares

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by fromnigeria(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
You're right and its too bad.

*mod*
FTC only on weekends.
Bless my Endeavours My Creator.

Moreover, I dedicate this to the girl that i am yet to find any fault in.
MyBestFriend,
My Love.

14 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
fromnigeria:
You're right and its too bad.
Walahi.

It is always "ok sir", "I will sir" when they are with these people but back home nah "papa junior, wetin you dey talk sef?"

God abhors hypocrites.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by fromnigeria(m): 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Tallesty1:
Walahi.

It is always "ok sir", "I will sir" when they are with these people but back home nah "papa junior, wetin you dey talk sef?"

God abhors hypocrites.
Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by b3llo(m): 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
You are not far from the truth... Ladies be good to your husbands, Men don't disregard your wives.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
WORD!

2 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by demolinka(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
The way a lot of people deify pastors these days is worrisome. We need knowledge and understanding

7 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by elantraceey(f): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
I can't help but agree with you.

6 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lilmax(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
These women lack prayers,reading of the bible and understanding it....they believe whatever the men of God utter is very correct and cannot be challenged
If they can seek the face of God on their own and hear from him then it would be the end of this issue

7 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by montezz(f): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
It's a pity sum women v turned dia pastors 2 demi gods in dia endless search 4 "miracles". Sum wud even leave dia matrimonial home 2 move in wit d pastor. Its so annoying ao gullible dz women can be& i wonder wat has apund 2 a deep bible study. As my dad wud say'eni ba n wa iwakuwa,a ri irikuri'

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by tammie24: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
Na so we see am o
So easily deceived
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by kennyman2000(m): 12:53am On Oct 05, 2015
God bless u for this piece OP... This write up sets my heart on memories. Remember a certain time i was trying to date a lady, all she's saying was that, before she could say anything, i'll have to go see her pastor.

Infact, if i've to come to her house again, we'll have to meet at their pastor's house and not her house.

Infact, her pastor's involvement in her life got to an extent, she cant take a small life decision for herself, she has to consult her pastor first.

When she told me, i had to go see her pastor first to see if the courtship would work or not and some other things.

My response was that ''she will never know peace and she'll never have a way forward and God'll as well continue to punish her if she continue to let her pastor take decision for her and not use her common brain and for her pastor, God'll continue to punish that one too as well not until when he teaches u that not all every situations u bring to him''

i vexed and told her to forget every fucking thing about me.. And left her with one word..

''come back and tell me, am a bastard if after two years, u made a single progress for urself if ur pastor is still involved in ur life''

called me sometimes ago and told me ''she's tired of everything and also said, what i said were true.. Saying, she wants to see me and explain somethings to me.. Fixed her meeting for december. No time to waste on a fool

its high time women should start acting wise

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Alezy(m): 4:08am On Oct 05, 2015
elantraceey:
I can't help but agree with you.
I hope n pray ur not in such category.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Alezy(m): 4:10am On Oct 05, 2015
@lastnogood hi
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lastnogood(f): 4:13am On Oct 05, 2015
Alezy:
@lastnogood hi

Hi??
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Alezy(m): 4:14am On Oct 05, 2015
lastnogood:

Hi??
let's not DERAIL
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lastnogood(f): 4:43am On Oct 05, 2015
Alezy:

let's not DERAIL

I'm not a derail type of person, you mentioned me for what idk...
Anyways I have no contribution to make to this subject because where I'm from, this problem doesn't exist. In fact, it's a challenge to get families to attend church.
The culture of respecting others is structured in a completely different way. Personally, I don't go around calling my pastor Daddy, my boss is my boss.

If I'm to be a married woman, my currency is love whereas my husband's own is respect. (Wives respect your husband and husbands love your wives). IMO it's easy for women to love but hard to show respect, it's easy for a man to show respect but hard to give love. So I won't go back and forth in a divisive manner.

The only obvious thing, is that it's obvious that marriage is not by force and that both partners must choose wisely. That he's a man doesn't mean that he warrant your respect. That she's a woman didn't mean she is worth your love. If you marry well, then this wouldn't be a problem.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by cococandy(f): 5:26am On Oct 05, 2015
Boss is boss. No comparison between them and husbands. One is intimate one is not.

Pastors and husbands. Yet again one is a spiritual leader and one is a life partner. Also Two different things. No comparison there too.

it is quite correct that all should be respected.
But the relationships aren't the same. While I may be prim and proper for the boss or pastor and full of 'yes sirs', I can't be like that with a husband. We have an informal relationship.

But I do detest people that worship their pastors.
That's a whole new level I see people go to in the name of respecting their pastors.
It disgusts me because it's often easy to see how such worship can be turned into a tool of manipulation by the so called pastor.

So respect but not idolize.

OP remove boss from your list.
Apart from work, where else will the boss come into a woman's life? And yes at work, he's the boss. The husband should wait until she gets home before he expects her to do what he wants over what the boss wants. That's one unnecessary power tussle unless the boss or hubby is not reasonable.

Quite different from pastors. Those ones have no boundaries. Some of them even want you to consult them before making your life or family decisions even though you have a husband who's meant to be doing such with you and not them.

They specialize in Seeing unsolicited visions and tearing couples apart. Permit me to say many of them are quite useless.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by SAMBARRY: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2015
Always complaining even on early Monday morning ni 6.33am? Smh

anyway if you are jealous of the way your wife respects her pastor you too do the work of a pastor at home tongue

not even thing is where is my food tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by prettyjo(f): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2015
nice thread
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 05, 2015
Op, you're right. . But it goes both ways.. Some men also value their pastor's opinion more than their wives' opinion. .. Some also respect/value their bosses more than their wives... Which is really bad..

So both men and women in this category need to change. .Respect should be mutual in a relationship...

12 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 05, 2015
: undecided
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 05, 2015
Cococandy just saved me from typing an epistle. kiss

That was succinct, especially the husbands-bosses dichotomy. That shouldn't even come up. Both play two very different roles in a woman's life.

As for pastors; it is one of the things many women (and even men) do that irritate me the most. Making a fellow human a demi-god. SMH. If na only me, pastors will be very very insignificant. But then, I'm not the 'typical' christian.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2015
lilmax:
These women lack prayers,reading of the bible and understanding it....they believe whatever the men of God utter is very correct and cannot be challenged
If they can seek the face of God on their own and hear from him then it would be the end of this issue
No wonder the scripture says that people perish because they lack knowledge

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2015
cococandy:
Boss is boss. No comparison between them and husbands. One is intimate one is not.

Pastors and husbands. Yet again one is a spiritual leader and one is a life partner. Also Two different things. No comparison there too.

it is quite correct that all should be respected.
But the relationships aren't the same. While I may be prim and proper for the boss or pastor and full of 'yes sirs', I can't be like that with a husband. We have an informal relationship.

But I do detest people that worship their pastors.
That's a whole new level I see people go to in the name of respecting their pastors.
It disgusts me because it's often easy to see how such worship can be turned into a tool of manipulation by the so called pastor.

So respect but not idolize.

OP remove boss from your list.
Apart from work, where else will the boss come into a woman's life? And yes at work, he's the boss. The husband should wait until she gets hime before he expects her to do what he wants over what the boss wants. That's one unnecessary power tussle unless the boss or hubby is not reasonable.

Quite different from pastors. Those ones have no boundaries. Some of them even want you to consult them before making your life or family decisions even though you have a husband who's meant to be doing such with you and not them.

They specialize in Seeing unsolicited visions and tearing couples apart. Permit me to say many of them are quite useless.
I completely agree with you that the two are not the same and to an extent, not comparable but the focus here is the respect and submission being accord to them.

It is undeniable that some women do step out of their line of duty just to please their boss, I can still remember the case of a woman who followed her boss home to cook for him(because his wife travelled)without her husband's consent.

If they can go extra mile just to keep their job then why can't they go @ least half a mile to keep their man happy?.

I am sorry if I am asking too many questions.

16 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Always complaining even on early Monday morning ni 6.33am? Smh

anyway if you are jealous of the way your wife respects her pastor you too do the work of a pastor at home tongue

not even thing is where is my food tongue
Madam I think it is high time you got yourself a new watch or maybe a pair reading glasses.

This topic was posted at exactly 8:33pm On Oct 04 so I don't know where you got your own time from. Moreover, no one here is complaining about anybody or anything. It is a simple question with a piece of advice.

Here is my own pair of glasses(gives it to her) you can keep it until you buy yours.

8 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2015
prettyjo:
nice thread
Thanks
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Op, you're right. . But it goes both ways.. Some men also value their pastor's opinion more than their wives' opinion. .. Some also respect/value their bosses more than their wives... Which is really bad..

So both men and women in this category need to change. .Respect should be mutual in a relationship...
You are right. It is annoying
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2015
EggovinMma:
: undecided
What happened to your face?
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lilmax(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
No wonder the scripture says that people perish because they lack knowledge
correct
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by SAMBARRY: 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
Whatever.

I don't need glasses, I need a cold bottle of stout
Tallesty1:
Madam I think it is high time you got yourself a new watch or maybe a pair reading glasses.

This topic was posted at exactly 8:33pm On Oct 04 so I don't know where you got your own time from. Moreover, no one here is complaining about anybody or anything. It is a simple question with a piece of advice.

Here is my own pair of glasses(gives it to her) you can keep it until you buy yours.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by cococandy(f): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
Following boss home to cook for him?

No no no no.

That's a no no. That relationship is not defined at all.

Tallesty1:
I completely agree with you that the two are not the same and to an extent, not comparable but the focus here is the respect and submission being accord to them.

It is undeniable that some women do step out of their line of duty just to please their boss, I can still remember the case of a woman who followed her boss home to cook for him(because his wife travelled)without her husband's consent.

If they can go extra mile just to keep their job then why can't they go @ least half a mile to keep their man happy?.

I am sorry if I am asking too many questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Prophecies That Never Occured / “Bring Buhari To Me, I’ll Heal Him Just As I Healed Babangida” – Satguru Maharaj / 99% Of Human Beings Are Going To Hell - Mummy G.O (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.