Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. (34244 Views)

Cameroonian Pastor Caught Having Three-some With 2 Married Women, Paraded Unclad / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Whatever.

I don't need glasses, I need a cold bottle of stout
Onye Nkwu.

Lols....

Oga Lalasticlala, good afternoon
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by passionate88: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
You dey fear them? bash them. All they know is 'my daddy (pastor) said,' they can't think for themselves. Buncha nothing do good
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Mufasa27(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nice write up..
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by sweatlana: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Walahi.

It is always "ok sir", "I will sir" when they are with these people but back home nah "papa junior, wetin you dey talk sef?"

God abhors hypocrites.

Pls how do men address their pastors wivies and how do they address their own wife back at home??

Useless trend

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by AdexOmoby(f): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not writing this to bash women or speak ill of them, rather I am writing this to understand the rationale behind it and maybe give a piece of advice or two.

This is common among Christians and some working class women. I have noticed that majority of them respect their pastor/boss more than their husband.

The level of Respect some of them often accord these spiritual leaders mostly can actually be said to be awesome.

The respect is so much that whatever they instruct them(women) to do they obey without any second thoughts or arguements but the case is always different if the instruction is from the husband.

Its actually good though but isn't charity supposed to begin from home?

Some women even go as far as kneeling for them in public just to show respect. Does it make sense to go about kneeling for your Pastor, Imam, Boss and atimes even for your Landlord whereas you can't remember the last time you bent half a knee or even squat for your husband at home?

That's hypocrisy if you ask me and God frowns at it.

Does it makes sense to you when you go out there, respecting your spiritual leaders, (who happens to be another woman's husband) whereas you can't show any iota of Respect for your husband at home?

Just incase you don't know, your husband is your first Boss and leader in all ramifications of Life.

Since you have no problem whatsoever, taking instructions from your Boss or spiritual leader and carrying out their instructions to the latter 24/7 then why should you argue with your husband over a few things he asks of you?

Before you go out there to display how respectful you are, please ensure you start with your husband at home.

Accord him his due respect. Let all Godly virtues you want to disply to the world at large, start from your home.

Kindly respect your husband, give him his rightful place. Asides from God, Put your husband first in all you do. It does'nt hurt or make you a lesser person.

I have to first if all be sure that the men they have at homes are men who are worthy to be respected. I am not in support of those who adore their pastors at the expense of their own sense, but then men should first of all be worthy of respect before the demand it from their wives.

ThenIf a man is worthy of respect, kneeling down to greet him isn't one of such signs. Asking for his opinion in matters arising us a good sign of respect. Regrading his opinion and giving reference to him as of the home is another. Treating him with courtesy and not talking down in him are signs of respect men see and appreciate not necessarily kneeling down to greet him even if he were 59 years older.

Men correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by KPEKPEKPE: 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
true talk.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by koxi: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Na waoo!
Wetin person no go hear for nairaland?
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lekan29ice(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nice piece
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by kkboy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
Very sad indeed. That’s the new trend and it’s unfortunate and worrisome.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
i think a better approach would be to ask why these women do respect their pastors more than they do to their husbands.

one must note that familiarity often breeds contempt. and that respect can be earned.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Burger01(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Interesting and factual. Some women still won't open their brains and see the truth in this fine write-up. I know of some relationships and marriages that have broken up all because of these so called men of god. Darris God o smiley

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
sweatlana:

Pls how do husbands address their pastors wivies and how do they address their own wife back at home??

Useless trend
Why are you wasting your precious time commenting on your useless trends. I believe it is not one of your pastor's instructions

3 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Burger01(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Walahi.

It is always "ok sir", "I will sir" when they are with these people but back home nah "papa junior, wetin you dey talk sef?"

God abhors hypocrites.
Funnily true cheesy
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
AdexOmoby:

I have to first if all be sure that the men they have at homes are men who are worthy to be respected. I am not in support of those who adore their pastors at the expense of their own sense, but then men should first of all be worthy of respect before the demand it from their wives.

ThenIf a man is worthy of respect, kneeling down to greet him isn't one of such signs. Asking for his opinion in matters arising us a good sign of respect. Regrading his opinion and giving reference to him as of the home is another. Treating him with courtesy and not talking down in him are signs of respect men see and appreciate not necessarily kneeling down to greet him even if he were 59 years older.

First thing first in marriage respect for husband is not earned,it's a right.Since this is a spiritual discussion it is fitting a woman respect her husband always.

8 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by webshopng1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
some of them are.like that no.be lie

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by BRAV0O(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op ur article so on point, women are fund of attributing such character the most but as a genuine husband like me I will never gree to such in fact there's was a time I ban my wife of kneeling down to such men ever! She never kneel down for me finish even simple sorry if she offended someone u will not hear from her mouth and be going about kneeling down to some men #imagine ... grin
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by tpiander: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
i think a better approach would be to ask why these women do respect their pastors more than they do to their husbands.

one must note that familiarity often breeds contempt. and that respect can be earned.

a woman who respects her pastor more than her husband, will respect any man more than her husband. Thats the simple truth imo.

its a habit, not always necessarily a choice.

They might be perceiving the other person as showing empathy which they feel their own husbands dont give. Not to mention hero worship aka its all in your head.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
AdexOmoby:

I slightly disagree with you@Emboldened.........

Are you saying that you should first of all wait for your husband to show he's worthy of respect before you treating him like your lord?

It is wrong, respect is something that every individual deserves until they prove otherwise in words or action.

If I have learnt anything from counselling people it is the fact that people are generally nice to the people that respect.

Respect is the key to every sane man's heart.

4 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Walahi.

God abhors hypocrites.

grin grin grin
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by fako1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Annoying one is some women will take der marriage issues to their pastor not knowing pastor too is facing his own at home without coming to meet you or anybody wenever he has ish. Before anytin, he is a man just like ur husband. If the pastor can solve his problem at home. why not solve urs too with ur spouse on ur own?

3 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Why won't they? When the couple first went to ask the spiritual leader whether it would be ok for them to marry. People got to the pastors to find out if they could apply for a job, make babies or invest in any venture. I thank God that my own home is different. I keep my relationship with my priest to spiritual and religious matters.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not writing this to bash women or speak ill of them, rather I am writing this to understand the rationale behind it and maybe give a piece of advice or two.

This is common among Christians and some working class women. I have noticed that majority of them respect their pastor/boss more than their husband.

The level of Respect some of them often accord these spiritual leaders mostly can actually be said to be awesome.

The respect is so much that whatever they instruct them(women) to do they obey without any second thoughts or arguements but the case is always different if the instruction is from the husband.

Its actually good though but isn't charity supposed to begin from home?

Some women even go as far as kneeling for them in public just to show respect. Does it make sense to go about kneeling for your Pastor, Imam, Boss and atimes even for your Landlord whereas you can't remember the last time you bent half a knee or even squat for your husband at home?

That's hypocrisy if you ask me and God frowns at it.

Does it makes sense to you when you go out there, respecting your spiritual leaders, (who happens to be another woman's husband) whereas you can't show any iota of Respect for your husband at home?

Just incase you don't know, your husband is your first Boss and leader in all ramifications of Life.

Since you have no problem whatsoever, taking instructions from your Boss or spiritual leader and carrying out their instructions to the latter 24/7 then why should you argue with your husband over a few things he asks of you?

Before you go out there to display how respectful you are, please ensure you start with your husband at home.

Accord him his due respect. Let all Godly virtues you want to disply to the world at large, start from your home.

Kindly respect your husband, give him his rightful place. Asides from God, Put your husband first in all you do. It does'nt hurt or make you a lesser person.
hmmmm! Kind of notice it, and with this particular word the female always said “my pastor say”

But let me keep on observing this thread
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Rockstar2014(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
OP I can't agree more with you infact, this trend is beginning to destroy many marriages. Some women are so gullible and afraid to appraise what these spiritual fathers tells them and even easily falls prey to the evil manipulation of the bad ones. Most worrisome is the lack of respects for their husbands because they feel the spiritual leaders are better confidants rather than the men in their lives.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Tallesty1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
sonofananimal:
hmmmm! Kind of notice it, and with this particular word the female always said “my pastor say”

But let me keep on observing this thread
I am observing you too.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
AdexOmoby:

men worthy of respect undecided

Demanding respect from there wives undecided

Honestly! I find not even a trace of sense in this comment you made.

4 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
She lives with her husband everyday. Its difficult not to respect someone in a position to offer advice far away compared to man you see everyday, know his flaws, correct him all the time and probably doesn't listen. Moreover pastors are men of God, expected to be Godly, spiritual and skillful with the mouth. Women are good at being fearful and respectful and looking for emotional respite which these men of God always provide.

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by femi4: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
cococandy:
Boss is boss. No comparison between them and husbands. One is intimate one is not.

Pastors and husbands. Yet again one is a spiritual leader and one is a life partner. Also Two different things. No comparison there too.

it is quite correct that all should be respected.
But the relationships aren't the same. While I may be prim and proper for the boss or pastor and full of 'yes sirs', I can't be like that with a husband. We have an informal relationship.

But I do detest people that worship their pastors.
That's a whole new level I see people go to in the name of respecting their pastors.
It disgusts me because it's often easy to see how such worship can be turned into a tool of manipulation by the so called pastor.

So respect but not idolize.

OP remove boss from your list.
Apart from work, where else will the boss come into a woman's life? And yes at work, he's the boss. The husband should wait until she gets home before he expects her to do what he wants over what the boss wants. That's one unnecessary power tussle unless the boss or hubby is not reasonable.

Quite different from pastors. Those ones have no boundaries. Some of them even want you to consult them before making your life or family decisions even though you have a husband who's meant to be doing such with you and not them.

They specialize in Seeing unsolicited visions and tearing couples apart. Permit me to say many of them are quite useless.
Madam, your first covering after God is your husband not your Pastor.

He is both a life partner and a spiritual leader to you.

3 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by segend(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
That is the law of see finish at work...
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by onlinebethel(f): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
Very true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England / Bishop Oyedepo's Family Picture / 2015 Prophecies That Never Occured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.