Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. (34239 Views)

Cameroonian Pastor Caught Having Three-some With 2 Married Women, Paraded Unclad / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / When Our Spiritual Leaders Err/backslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by sabi99(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
Marriage coaches don full everywer.....
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by whoisuche: 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
IceDude:
OP well done, their own don too much sef
u better change. God forgive you
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
kayla12:

Hmmm, a friend of mine who was a born again was a victim of this "pastor-say" stuff, it lead her to an early marriage because pastor said it is the will of God whereas she had no conviction.

Even though they had serious crisis with both family as regards the proposed marriage, the pastor advised they can even rent parents if worst come to worst or the girl can even get pregnant.

The girl was 19 years of age, knew nothing getting married to an illiterate Igbo trader was the last thing her parent wanted for their daughter but because her pastor supported it, she disobeyed her father.

After few years of marriage the man mistreated her and today the marriage is broken, now her eyes are clear.

NOTE: This is a true life story it happened to my best friend and we are still best of friends till date.
I thought there were no sincere ladies on NairaLand, especially on threads/issues that do not favour the females. This one must be a rare specie that is yet to be corrupted by biased NL ladies.
Anty please no vex ooooo
are you from another planet
Sonofananimal I asked a question.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
Fuvk pastor!!i will always respect my boo anyday anytime!! kiss
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by whoisuche: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
ccollins:
add some Bible verses to .support. this assertion pls

Ephesians 5:22-33New International Version (NIV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
hisableplc:
If you really want to see a change in ur wife and you want those respect then i urge you to listen or watch "how to be a real husband" by Gbile Akanni
The one in Peace House Gboko right?
What a blessed servant of God for this wicked and sinful generation.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by upwardmode: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
lastnogood:

I'm not a derail type of person, you mentioned me for what idk...
Anyways I have no contribution to make to this subject because where I'm from, this problem doesn't exist. In fact, it's a challenge to get families to attend church.
The culture of respecting others is structured in a completely different way. Personally, I don't go around calling my pastor Daddy, my boss is my boss.

If I'm to be a married woman, my currency is love whereas my husband's own is respect. (Wives respect your husband and husbands love your wives). IMO it's easy for women to love but hard to show respect, it's easy for a man to show respect but hard to give love. So I won't go back and forth in a divisive manner.

The only obvious thing, is that it's obvious that marriage is not by force and that both partners must choose wisely. That he's a man doesn't mean that he warrant your respect. That she's a woman didn't mean she is worth your love. If you marry well, then this wouldn't be a problem.
Thank Your God that you are not married... Your attitude stinks!
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by IceDude(m): 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
whoisuche:
u better change. God forgive you
Wetin i do? shocked
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by upwardmode: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
AdexOmoby:

I have to first if all be sure that the men they have at homes are men who are worthy to be respected. I am not in support of those who adore their pastors at the expense of their own sense, but then men should first of all be worthy of respect before the demand it from their wives.

ThenIf a man is worthy of respect, kneeling down to greet him isn't one of such signs. Asking for his opinion in matters arising us a good sign of respect. Regrading his opinion and giving reference to him as of the home is another. Treating him with courtesy and not talking down in him are signs of respect men see and appreciate not necessarily kneeling down to greet him even if he were 59 years older.

Men correct me if I am wrong.
You are seriously asking if "Your husband is worthy of respect in the first place"? Ha! Go n ask God for wisdom, else you are finished with this your mind-set.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by danny56: 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
cococandy:

Pastors and husbands. Yet again one is a spiritual leader and one is a life partner. Also Two different things. No comparison there too.

I do not a gree with this babe! If you are married to a man he becomes first ur pastor[shepherd] in all ramifications. If the husband is sound spiritually every spiritual instructions should come from him first before a comfirmation tru d church pastor if need been. God does not circumvent authority. Study your bible!

2 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Kizyte(m): 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not writing this to bash women or speak ill of them, rather I am writing this to understand the rationale behind it and maybe give a piece of advice or two.

This is common among Christians and some working class women. I have noticed that majority of them respect their pastor/boss more than their husband.

The level of Respect some of them often accord these spiritual leaders mostly can actually be said to be awesome.

The respect is so much that whatever they instruct them(women) to do they obey without any second thoughts or arguements but the case is always different if the instruction is from the husband.

Its actually good though but isn't charity supposed to begin from home?

Some women even go as far as kneeling for them in public just to show respect. Does it make sense to go about kneeling for your Pastor, Imam, Boss and atimes even for your Landlord whereas you can't remember the last time you bent half a knee or even squat for your husband at home?

That's hypocrisy if you ask me and God frowns at it.

Does it makes sense to you when you go out there, respecting your spiritual leaders, (who happens to be another woman's husband) whereas you can't show any iota of Respect for your husband at home?

Just incase you don't know, your husband is your first Boss and leader in all ramifications of Life.

Since you have no problem whatsoever, taking instructions from your Boss or spiritual leader and carrying out their instructions to the latter 24/7 then why should you argue with your husband over a few things he asks of you?

Before you go out there to display how respectful you are, please ensure you start with your husband at home.

Accord him his due respect. Let all Godly virtues you want to disply to the world at large, start from your home.

Kindly respect your husband, give him his rightful place. Asides from God, Put your husband first in all you do. It does'nt hurt or make you a lesser person.
Well written!
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lastnogood(f): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Alezy:
Wow. ..would it be bad if i say I was blessed by this? ? Cos really all i just wanna say is thumbs up.

kindly ff baq

just wanted to add this, dnt u think showing respect n love av got something to do with each other? ? Cos somehow, for respect to come out of a man towards the woman it means he loves her. or do u tink otherwise? ?

Respect and love are interrelated, but it's the weakness of both genders. As a woman it's harder to be respectful naturally, but I'm made to love and nurture. It's intuitive. As a man, it's more difficult to actually show love to a woman, not to love but show love. Men use respect as a basis of decision making, this is why this subject really hurts. I'm persuaded to say the man I choose to marry has earned my respect BEFORE marriage. He had shown me love BEFORE we tie the knot.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
it is common with pentecostal churches.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by tpiander: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
even if you feel your husband doesn't deserve your respect, it's still wrong to dash it to the pastor and besides by so doing, you are also bringing the pastor to the level you assigned your husband, lose-lose situation for everybody involved including the woman.

However, for couples who see the word "respect" as terribly old fashioned and out of touch with the modern world, use whatever nomenclature implies the same in your lingo.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by banio: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
It's thesame for men. Men prostrate for their spiritual leaders and bosses.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by lastnogood(f): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
upwardmode:
Thank Your God that you are not married... Your attitude stinks!

Why?

I didn't disagree with the OP did I? I simply interpreted the biblical command for myself.

Ephesians 5:22-33New King James Version (NKJV)

Marriage—Christ and the Church
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body,[a] of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Wherein the onus is on the couple to do as the scriptures command. I just mentioned that my own culture is different than Nigeria, so we don't have the originally stated problem in our own churches.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by dmcdad: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Always complaining even on early Monday morning ni 6.33am? Smh

anyway if you are jealous of the way your wife respects her pastor you too do the work of a pastor at home tongue

not even thing is where is my food tongue

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by dmcdad: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
teeowl:
it is common with pentecostal churches.
Very true.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by IamforGod: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am not writing this to bash women or speak ill of them, rather I am writing this to understand the rationale behind it and maybe give a piece of advice or two.

This is common among Christians and some working class women. I have noticed that majority of them respect their pastor/boss more than their husband.

The level of Respect some of them often accord these spiritual leaders mostly can actually be said to be awesome.

The respect is so much that whatever they instruct them(women) to do they obey without any second thoughts or arguements but the case is always different if the instruction is from the husband.

Its actually good though but isn't charity supposed to begin from home?

Some women even go as far as kneeling for them in public just to show respect. Does it make sense to go about kneeling for your Pastor, Imam, Boss and atimes even for your Landlord whereas you can't remember the last time you bent half a knee or even squat for your husband at home?

That's hypocrisy if you ask me and God frowns at it.

Does it makes sense to you when you go out there, respecting your spiritual leaders, (who happens to be another woman's husband) whereas you can't show any iota of Respect for your husband at home?

Just incase you don't know, your husband is your first Boss and leader in all ramifications of Life.

Since you have no problem whatsoever, taking instructions from your Boss or spiritual leader and carrying out their instructions to the latter 24/7 then why should you argue with your husband over a few things he asks of you?

Before you go out there to display how respectful you are, please ensure you start with your husband at home.

Accord him his due respect. Let all Godly virtues you want to disply to the world at large, start from your home.

Kindly respect your husband, give him his rightful place. Asides from God, Put your husband first in all you do. It does'nt hurt or make you a lesser person.

See guys liking the thread like say tomorrow no dey!

Bck to topic! Op pls always try and put yurself in thier position.
Am so sure the pastor's wife also treats him without respect! That's becos of the closeness and sex and etc..... between them.

If you are a responsible man am sure other women outside will respect u more cos she's nt close to ur and ur nt aving sex with her.

It's nt about being a pastor! I hope u get what I mean?

Sex itself is somewhat disrespectful Hehehehehe.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

If your wife respects your/her Pastor more than she does to you, you too respect, honour and adore - in short show your Pastor's wife love more than your wife. Shakina!
Sonofananimal what do you thinkgringringrin
lollz. I have already given my point of view here

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by dmcdad: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I completely agree with you that the two are not the same and to an extent, not comparable but the focus here is the respect and submission being accord to them.

It is undeniable that some women do step out of their line of duty just to please their boss, I can still remember the case of a woman who followed her boss home to cook for him(because his wife travelled)without her husband's consent.

If they can go extra mile just to keep their job then why can't they go @ least half a mile to keep their man happy?.

I am sorry if I am asking too many questions.
You shouldn't be sorry as your questions are spot on.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by NET1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
This post is so full of TRUTH.

.NET
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by dmcdad: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
IamforGod:

See guys liking the thread like say tomorrow no dey!

Bck to topic! Op pls always try and put yurself in thier position.
Am so sure the pastor's wife also treats him without respect! That's becos of the closeness and sex and etc..... between them.

If you are a responsible man am sure other women outside will respect u more cos she's nt close to ur and ur nt aving sex with her.

It's nt about being a pastor! I hope u get what I mean?

Hmmm... I agree with you to some extent, but disagree to a greater extent.

Need I rephrase what the OP meant by too much respect to their pastors? It ain't respect if we decide to look at its entirety. It's definitely worship. Unknown to these people, they make their pastors their god and worship them in the course of it. Imagine if you have made something to be like a god to you, what then is left than to worship it albeit unknown to you?

Sometimes you think they have been hypnotised by their pastors. But I doubt that to be the case.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Alezy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
lastnogood:

Respect and love are interrelated, but it's the weakness of both genders. As a woman it's harder to be respectful naturally, but I'm made to love and nurture. It's intuitive. As a man, it's more difficult to actually show love to a woman, not to love but show love. Men use respect as a basis of decision making, this is why this subject really hurts. I'm persuaded to say the man I choose to marry has earned my respect BEFORE marriage. He had shown me love BEFORE we tie the knot.
Hnmmm. ....cool. Am very glad u kw men love their women, the hard part is showing it and there re certain reasons for that.

nice one anyway....yo cool
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by cococandy(f): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lol the thread don dey get K leg.
Smh and moves out.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by kunle1960: 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nigerians especially gullible women should stop thinking through the anus and make use of their brain.Many fake pastors have used and dumped ladies without brain,so ladies use your brain.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by erumena(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
Just yesterday in Church, my Pastor said "any woman kneeling before me and not kneeling for her Husband at home is a fraud"!

3 Likes

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by tpiander: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
^ did he really say that.

and did you really go to any church.

1 Like

Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by tpiander: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
^ did he really say that.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by tpiander: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
IamforGod:

when you're not married.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by Dereformer(m): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

The one in Peace House Gboko right?
What a blessed servant of God for this wicked and sinful generation.

please how do i get a copy of it? I will pay. My wife is too precious to be treated otherwise. She doesn't take a poo from any pastor. In fact any time a pastor calls her to come for any thing, she will ask him to obtain permission from me first.

No pastor comes in between me and my woman and we still on our honey moon even after 4 years of marriage.
Re: The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. by upwardmode: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
lastnogood:

Why?

I didn't disagree with the OP did I? I simply interpreted the biblical command for myself.

Ephesians 5:22-33New King James Version (NKJV)

Marriage—Christ and the Church
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body,[a] of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”[b] 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Wherein the onus is on the couple to do as the scriptures command. I just mentioned that my own culture is different than Nigeria, so we don't have the originally stated problem in our own churches.
It does not matter if your are Nigerian or not...My Point is, you need to watch it... The devil does not attack Nigerian marriages n relationships alone through this means, other ignorant means exist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England / Bishop Oyedepo's Family Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.