Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 (675 Views)

Nigerian Rapper, Mode 9 Loses Dad / PICS: Femi Kuti, Keziah Jones, Mode 9, Terry Tha Rapman At Felabration Day 3 / Rapper Vic O Says He Is Better Than Mi, Mode 9, Naeto C And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 by Picomon(m): 12:56am On Oct 05, 2015
Nigerian rapper, Mode 9 in a recent interview with Vanguard told the newspaper that he can’t rap in Yoruba.

Mode also said it’s harder for him to write a Pidgin English song than a normal English song.

In his words,

“No, I can’t do that, you know why? If there are people doing something and they can do it better than you, there is no point in doing it too because they are already way ahead of you.

It is harder for me to write a Pidgin English song than a normal English song. I can rap in English effortlessly. I don’t just write anything, I try to be clever with words like when I said, ‘They be bungalow brains, nothing upstairs;’ it’s a punch line, but it was done in Pidgin English.”

http://nexthop.com.ng/heres-why-i-cant-rap-in-yoruba-mode-9/

Re: Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 by dazzy4real(m): 1:14am On Oct 05, 2015
this guy for just turn English lecturer
Re: Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 by hendrixxx(m): 2:57am On Oct 05, 2015
Re: Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 by hedonistic: 4:50am On Oct 05, 2015
Streeti take over, punchline ojawo mo.
Re: Here’s Why I Can’t Rap In Yoruba- Mode 9 by FreshNaijaBoy(m): 5:33am On Oct 05, 2015
Mode 9 is a classic case of teaching Economics in the class room. If I were a lecturer, I'll compel my students to do a research piece on him.

See, as a producer of goods and services (Service here been music), you don't produce for the market base on What you like personally and What's most convenient for you. Well, unless It's a monopolistic market. In a case of a competitive market, It's the market (consumer ) that drives demand. As such, the service providers follows the trend.

If mode 9 wants to make Monet from this em rap music, grammar no go help him a bit. make him modify, simplify and brokenfy his lyrics. Then, tap on the acceptability of the raving arts like Ola and phyno. Do a duet with them and let Nigerians know your music. I know countless peeps who don't even know a chorus from any Mode 9 song.

#OkMyRantsAreOver

(1) (Reply)

Power Of A Woman, The Story Of Tiwa Savage / Omotola Jalade Pictured With British High Commissioner To Nigeria (photo) / Nigerian Team Of Six Tech Ladies Win Google Competition "Techwomen"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.