Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? (1041 Views)

What are The Importance Of Snakes To Nairaland Mods. / Double Standard of Nairaland Mods / biased Nairaland Mods- Why Has T0nyebarcanista Not Gotten A Ban? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by fatherab1: 2:21am On Oct 05, 2015
When you place a little information about your little business with contacts the Mods or super mods hastily deletes it or hides it. Yet they go to the extent of marketing the 'heavy cleavages" of actresses or the baby bumps of some female musicians that married another woman's husband etc.

I think Nairaland has to be more lenient especially to start-ups and small emerging businesses who do not afford to pass through the rather complex and ever - changing High costs of adverts.

If facebook attacked adverts in every post the way NL is doing when it had the membership size of NL, then till now it wouldn't have become the global phenomenon it is today. Infact powerful sites like Wikipedia doesn't even accept paid adverts and purely on free will donations it has reached such significance.

Mr Seun, you people may like to hide this thread as usual but the truth remains that your trying to engage a SuperMod to fight small adverts embedded in comments or as signature is shortsightedness of some sort. Because just one of such small businesses may return later in life to give a donation that will cover 10 years of your complex adverts. Please get SuperMod to fight the chronic tribalism on NL not small businesses.

Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by benpedro(m): 5:15am On Oct 05, 2015
You're silly
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by dammytosh: 5:20am On Oct 05, 2015
4 paragraphs aof senseless rants.
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by Rawani: 5:32am On Oct 05, 2015
In all paragraphs, you completely ignored the NL users perspective. Frankly those ads are distracting and downright annoying at times which affects the user experience on NL (especially when absorbed in the topic). It's not always about the site trying to make money.

The same reason you put an ad-blocker on your computer, could be the same reason Seun is taking such measures on his site.

Save and invest in ads if you really value the NL audience.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by egift(m): 5:54am On Oct 05, 2015
Op if you have something to sell, Get A Nairaland Banner Ad.

Have you ever seen any advert on my post? But I advertise all the time on NL (did you see the 3 banners at the top and below the page). If NL allow what you are proposing, this Forum will be littered with junks and scammers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by odinese(m): 5:57am On Oct 05, 2015
I see a lot of sex stuff on here, so u love seeing it Right?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by noeloge82(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2015
Channel ur advert to the right section and allow d right disccusion to go on but about d tribal stuff its high time seun starts banning some of these tribal bigots take it or leave it how many tribe can stand on there own without another so imagine somebody always raising negetive press against other tribes believing his are SAINT

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by opalu: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2015
I think the Poster is making a valid case for business people not as rich as you are.

egift:
Op if you have something to sell, Get A Nairaland Banner Ad.
Have you ever seen any advert on my post? But I advertise all the time on NL (did you see the 3 banners at the top and below the page). If NL allow what you are proposing, this Forum will be littered with junks and scammers.
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by zinachidi(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2015
benpedro:
You're silly
GBAM!!!!
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by egift(m): 7:38am On Oct 05, 2015
opalu:
I think the Poster is making a valid case for business people not as rich as you are.

With N1,000 he can start advertising on Nairaland. Soon he will be depositing 30k or more for Nairaland Ads. All he needs is ensure he is promoting what people need.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by Lordtrillion(m): 8:52am On Oct 05, 2015
egift:

With N1,000 he can start advertising on Nairaland. Soon he will be depositing 30k or more for Nairaland Ads. All he needs is ensure he is promoting what people need.

Really shocked shocked @ Egift? I thought the minimum deposit is N20,000 as mentioned on nairalands advert placement info. That was even the main reason I shyed away from advertising on Nairaland for the meantime. I was expecting a lesser deposit of like 5-10k to make it easy for startups. I even sent a mail to Nairaland's email but never got a reply before I moved on to Facebook ads
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by egift(m): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2015
Lordtrillion:
Really shocked shocked @ Egift? I thought the minimum deposit is N20,000 as mentioned on nairalands advert placement info. That was even the main reason I shyed away from advertising on Nairaland for the meantime. I was expecting a lesser deposit of like 5-10k to make it easy for startups. I even sent a mail to Nairaland's email but never got a reply before I moved on to Facebook ads

You can deposit any amount. But our Oga will appreciate it if you will start from 20k.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by Lordtrillion(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2015
egift:

You can deposit any amount. But our Oga will appreciate it if you will start from 20k.
Ok, thanks for the info smiley
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by opalu: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2015
egift:

Waoo. That's an eye opener. The poster also complained of complexity. Is that true? because I wanna also do advert soon
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by Dannyset(m): 9:41am On Oct 05, 2015
If you want to do advert, go and pay Seun. You don't want him to eat ni?
My concern and what I think Seun should also take drastic action on is this tribal and ethnic bigotry thing on NL. Igbos gladly insulting Yorubas and Yorubas joyfully insulting Igbos and not. sparing the North too. It is crazy!
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by egift(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2015
opalu:
Waoo. That's an eye opener. The poster also complained of complexity. Is that true? because I wanna also do advert soon

Complexities? No. Advertising on Nairaland is very simple. Here is what you have to do:

- Decide on what you want to promote (make sure it is not illegal and that people actually need it).
- Design a banner that have the specifics of Nairaland (size, dimensions, image type - PM if you need a banner).
- Go to https://www.nairaland.com/campaign to upload your ad and also specify the link (that will open when people click your advert).
- Pay into Nairaland account (account info is on the Campaign page).
- Once your ad is approved, then select the Category (Section) of Nairaland you wish to place your advert. You can select more than one.

Note:
- Your advert will only appear on the section you selected.
- If there are up to 6 advertisers already running their ads on a particular section, your ad will remain pending until an empty slot comes up.
- And if your ad credit runs out, it will automatically be hidden (you will be notified before it expires).

All the best!
Re: Why Do Nairaland Mods Do This? by Sveen: 10:06am On Oct 05, 2015
OP, had it been I was a mod. You would have been sanctioned for outrightly breaking several rules herein.

1. Please post all threads in the right section, and
don't derail threads by posting off topic. - This is politics section.

6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the
areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.

You already opened this thread once today and it was locked by seun after he gave you his reason for closing it, yet you still re-opened the topic to make members see the mods as bad people, thereby breaking.

20. Never try to INCITE people against moderators
and admins. Please obey, respect, and cooperate
with them.

You deserve to be banned.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amancio Ortega Briefly Becomes World's Richest Man / Photo: Court Sack Wike Orders Fresh Election / PHOTOS: APC Members Jubilate After Mama Taraba Was Declared Winner Of The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.