Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? (924 Views)

Do You Think Marriage Is Over Rated / Photos From Marriage Proposals On Valentine's Day / 7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 4:01am On Oct 05, 2015
Do you think a man should first discuss with the lady he intends to marry, if he should propose in public or private when the time comes. Because, I think most guys make the marriage proposal decisions and arrangements themselves, about when and how to propose to their girlfriends when they are sure of spending the rest of their lives together.

Sometimes, a lady might act and sound like, yea, I would love to marry you, just to keep the relationship going, while waiting for the right man to come take her away, in order to avoid being tagged as a single lady. When you propose to such lady in public, what do you think might be her reaction?

And also, supposing the girlfriend being proposed to feels ambushed and can’t express her true feelings because she doesn’t want the guy to feel embarrassed? What should she do in such a situation?

The truth is, when a man proposes to a lady in public and she ends up saying NO. I trust my Naija brothers, they will curse and yab the hell out of her, and some guys will even start quoting Isaiah 4:1 – “In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, “Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won’t be mocked as old maids.”. That’s the Bible verse they know by heart. Lol.

Source: www.esther.com.ng

Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by SQLmastar(m): 4:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Only propose to a lady in public if she is stubborn and has coconut head!
A humble and down to earth lady can be proposed to, right there on the bedbed angry
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by khassy(m): 4:04am On Oct 05, 2015
is marriage proposal a must serfundecidedundecided

NOT ALL MARRIAGES START WITH A PROPOSAL, SOME BEGIN WITH "I don get belle undecidedundecided "

Khassy{2016}

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by donholy28(m): 4:33am On Oct 05, 2015
Depends on d persons involved... but some guys use public proposals to make sure say d girl no fit say no
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by efepro(m): 4:58am On Oct 05, 2015
I see public marriage proposal as a proof of true love, but I can't do it, cos I dnt hav the courage for that. I prefer the private proposal
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by englishmart(m): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2015
I will do mine in an aeroplane

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 05, 2015
In private because I don't know how to show excitement & act dramatic, so others with a pre-conceived notion of how a woman that just been proposed to should act, might misread the aloofness as disinterest or something else.
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by ClassCaptain(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2015
OK Ay
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2015
Very true.
PunkyVeer:
In private because I don't know how to show excitement & act dramatic, so others with a pre-conceived notion of how a woman that just been proposed to should act, might misread the aloofness as disinterest or something else.
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by naijaboiy: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2015
I don't fancy public proposals. undecided
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2015
Esthersblog:
Very true.

Yeah, they might think stuff. You know how nosy people can be. Always looking for hidden meaning. They might conclude it's something to do with the ring (rock too small) or whatever cheesy
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2015
Lol. The witnesses always expect the girl to act all surprised with tears rolling down, if possible.
PunkyVeer:

Yeah, they might think stuff. You know how nosy people can be. Always looking for hidden meaning. They might conclude it's something to do with the ring (rock too small) or whatever cheesy
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2015
Why?
naijaboiy:
I don't fancy public proposals. undecided
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2015
Do you mean private proposal is not a proof of true love?
efepro:
I see public marriage proposal as a proof of true love, but I can't do it, cos I dnt hav the courage for that. I prefer the private proposal
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2015
Lol.
donholy28:
Depends on d persons involved... but some guys use public proposals to make sure say d girl no fit say no
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2015
Lol.
SQLmastar:
Only propose to a lady in public if she is stubborn and has coconut head!
A humble and down to earth lady can be proposed to, right there on the bedbed angry
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by naijaboiy: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2015
Esthersblog:
Why?
It's not my thing and it's like an unnecessary drawing of people's attention.
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2015
khassy:
is marriage proposal a must serfundecidedundecided

NOT ALL MARRIAGES START WITH A PROPOSAL, SOME BEGIN WITH "I don get belle undecidedundecided "

Khassy{2016}
Its a must for ladies o. Even with the belle, still propose. We don't mind. Lol.
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2015
Hope we would all be invited?
englishmart:
I will do mine in an aeroplane
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2015
I understand though. Which means you prefer it to be done privately...
naijaboiy:

It's not my thing and it's like an unnecessary drawing of people's attention.
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by jmoore(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2015
Private.
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by naijaboiy: 9:25am On Oct 05, 2015
Esthersblog:
I understand though. Which means you prefer it to be done privately...
Yes exactly! smiley
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2015
Esthersblog:
Lol. The witnesses always expect the girl to act all surprised with tears rolling down, if possible.

Yes! smiley
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by 0luwatope(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2015
xther, I think you should write more about relationships on your blog *thumbsup*
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by simtosul: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2015
To me when a man have already shown an immeasurable affection and the lady knows that two of them have the same future purpose and they can easily get along with each other, proposing to her either in public or private has nothing to do with their love life. Not proposing to her doesn't mean man is not romantic or caring or even proud of her enough. I think both partners should not get carried away with too much of fantasies and show off lifestyle that they adopt from celebrities cos not all guys pay too much attention to all those kind of fantasy. Facing reality of life ahead of them should always be their target. Real lovers works on their future not their present.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Adesiji77: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2015
jmoore:
Private.

I agree. People seem to be copying Western culture with all their "paparazzi"
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by Esthersblog(f): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion and also for visiting my blog. I will work on that.
0luwatope:
xther, I think you should write more about relationships on your blog *thumbsup*
Re: Do You Think Marriage Proposals Should Be Public Or Private? by khassy(m): 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Esthersblog:
Its a must for ladies o. Even with the belle, still propose. We don't mind. Lol.

I no D Wed hu dn get belle ooo... she go jus get the title of BABYMAMA gringrin

(1) (Reply)

The Big Girl / Please Advice Me : My Girlfriend Is Wrecking Me / Read What A Father Told His Daughter Who's Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.