Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories (76954 Views)

Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Heathrow Airport Replies Nigerian Over Leaking Airport Roof In London / Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Shymm3x: 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
Isn't it the same story with Nigerians living in the US? You mean all those Nigerian cab drivers all over New York City just have naij accent but they aren't Nigerians, no? All those Nigerians on canal street aren't Nigerians? The ones all over Brooklyn who look like they just left the boat aren't Nigerians?

When did the population of Nigerians in the UK get to 2million where there aren't even 2million black Africans in the UK? A lot of you just get gassed off London and start throwing millions around. I doubt there are up to 500,000 Nigerians even in London where 80% of Nigerians in the UK live.

As soon as I saw Peckham in North London - I knew this clown has no clue about what he is saying. Peckham is in South London. And statistically there should be more Nigerians around Thamesmead/Bexley and Thurrock axis (maybe Havering) than Peckham today. It changed time ago but a lot of Nigerians still come to Peckham to shop tho.

Anyway, the hustle is real.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
gbosaa:

Where did you get this from? "So what is 4 that he can't afford after four years of hustling in London"?

Let's do some maths. Taxi drivers make between £500-£800 a week, let's assume his is very lucrative driving football players to trainings and stuff. He will make up to £1000.
That's £26000-£52000 a year. He has to pay the taxi company every week, but fuel, insurance, pay house rent and other domestic expenses.

So you think he could save N10m or around £30k-£40k per year after expenses. Mind you he has to pay tax. So after four years, assuming he landed from Heathrow and started his cab business the following day having mastered all the driving routes from surfing the net in Nigeria or with the aid of his sat back!!He could save N40m or £130k-£135k after hustling for four years??

Don't mind the Nigga, he thinks its as easy as it is.
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/taxidriver.aspx

Don't let anyone deceive you o, you might be comfortable and not be hungry but that doesn't mean you would have money to spend anyhow you like.

Taxi drivers earn about #20 to 30 thousand pounds a year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
tspun:
though its hard to believe but it is possible, i am aware of a 4 bedroom duplex that was sold for 40m at
4th Round About, Off World Oil Filling Station, Ilasan Area, Lekki, Lekki Expressway,

So what is 40m that he can't afford after four years of hustling in London.

My dear, that ,man must be into something else.
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/taxidriver.aspx

Working for 5years can't earn him that amount if he is a Taxi driver. They tax them heavily over there. You could be earning #100 and your take home could be #65. You would still eat, enter transport and do other miscallenous activities. You won't go hungry but you also can't lavish cash the way you want.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by tpiander: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Taiwo20:
Wetin I dey find for place wey be say na my colour them they always see.

hm
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by OnReflection: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
Shymm3x:
Isn't it the same story with Nigerians living in the US? You mean all those Nigerian cab drivers all over New York City just have naij accent but they aren't Nigerians, no? All those Nigerians on canal street aren't Nigerians? The ones all over Brooklyn who look like they just left the boat aren't Nigerians?

When did the population of Nigerians in the UK get to 2million where there aren't even 2million black Africans in the UK? A lot of you just get gassed off London and start throwing millions around. I doubt there are up to 500,000 Nigerians even in London where 80% of Nigerians in the UK live.

As soon as I saw Peckham in North London - I knew this clown has no clue about what he is saying. Peckham is in South London. And statistically there should be more Nigerians around Thamesmead/Bexley and Thurrock axis (maybe Havering) than Peckham today. It changed time ago but a lot of Nigerians still come to Peckham to shop tho.

Those folks at CanUK just love conjuring figures out of thin air.
Someone had better explain to them that a figure of 2 million means: 1 in every 30 people you meet anywhere in the UK is a Nigerian. shocked

Wait, I thought we trashed this one out before. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by tpiander: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
gbosaa:

Where did you get this from? "So what is 4 that he can't afford after four years of hustling in London"?

Let's do some maths. Taxi drivers make between £500-£800 a week, let's assume his is very lucrative driving football players to trainings and stuff. He will make up to £1000.
That's £26000-£52000 a year. He has to pay the taxi company every week, but fuel, insurance, pay house rent and other domestic expenses.

So you think he could save N10m or around £30k-£40k per year after expenses. Mind you he has to pay tax. So after four years, assuming he landed from Heathrow and started his cab business the following day having mastered all the driving routes from surfing the net in Nigeria or with the aid of his sat back!!He could save N40m or £130k-£135k after hustling for four years??

Hm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by doncaster(m): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
I stopped when is saw Peckham in North London.

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
emmanuel596:
Pls someone should sumerise it's to early to read dis textbook

She just talk say no be efribodi wey dey for London dey live like Dezianini sorry Deziani Maduekereke. She come add say some self na under brigde dem dey live.

14 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by PublicAssurance: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
u never see anything
freeDR:
I never thought of leaving Nigeria before, and I don't plan to.

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Eseries(m): 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
I can relate with the whole ugly side of living in western world except racial profiling because it exit here too.
Tell me what's the difference between racism and tribalism?
Here in Naija I have been judged sentimentally several times because someone sees me as "omo ibo"

I deal with the same sh*t in my "own country"!

31 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bebe2(f): 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
LONG STORY, cool cool cool

too many nigerians working themselves to death, so they can send money

to some ingrates in naija.

they have forgotten how to enjoy themselves and have fun wink wink wink

come oct 17th the groove is on , if u are in manchester come to my mums 80th birthday party.

no time to check timeooooo grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
tspun:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigerians-in-london-the-never-told-stories/
FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST SHORT THIS GOD DAME LONG STORY TO SOMETHING THAT CAN BE READ WITHIN 1MINUTE AND WRITE A COMENT BASE ON THE STORY AND GO angry
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Mogidi: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
bonechamberlain:
why be in u.k, when there is u.s.

They give you everything free in US abi?
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by MrCork: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
divinehand2003:
Although very long, but it's a lesson for us over here. Not all that glitters is Gold. Home is best if you have a steady job that pays well.

... which home?....bro ama Londoner pliss dont let me swaaar for u....so u want to conpare our London to that yor nigeria wher u people dont have washin machine ore evet sef...ordnary dish wssher..abi? angry

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by coogar: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
bwahahahaha

peckham in north london?
some people would just sit their arses down and write rubbish to drive home their frail points. it beats me how detectives can question anyone holding a mobile phone to take a selfie. detectives are out there looking for drug peddlers & ticket evaders, not anyone taking selfies. the write-up was fabricated from the rectum of a baboon.

bebe2:
LONG STORY, cool cool cool
too many nigerians working themselves to death, so they can send money
to some ingrates in naija.
they have forgotten how to enjoy themselves and have fun wink wink wink
come oct 17th the groove is on , if u are in manchester come to my mums 80th birthday party.
no time to check timeooooo grin grin grin grin

main manchester or greater?
if there's going to be rotisserie chicken, count me in. grin

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bebe2(f): 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
MrCork:

... bro ama Londoner pliss dont let me swaaar for u....so u want to conpare our London to that yor nigeria wher u people dont have washin machine oe evet sed...ordnary dish wssher..abi? angry

nigerians and there obsession with UK, just checkout the number of pple viewing this thread. grin grin

but dem go pretend say dem no like london, but wen dem hear the name, them go stand still cool cool

2 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Henry2016: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Many Nigerians are abroad doing nothing
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bebe2(f): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
doncaster:
I stopped when is saw Peckham in North London.

grin grin grin

abi na,

try kent in westminster grin grin

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by ephi123(f): 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao! I had to go back and check the article, and indeed it refers to Peckham as a "lively community in North London" cheesy

@ Post
What kind of reporter uses "reap off" to mean "rip off "?
Na wa o, standard of education seriously on a decline.

6 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by anonimi: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
The stewpidest thing these guys do is to spread their money around to folks and friends in Nigeria who enjoy life at their own expense while they slave away in the cold, lonely Britain.
What double loss for these lost souls who pretend they are in the diaspora. embarassed embarassed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by PublicAssurance: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
na sense i dey talk o
babyfaceafrica:
get sense naw
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bebe2(f): 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
coogar:
bwahahahaha

peckham in north london?
some people would just sit their arses down and write rubbish to drive home their frail points. it beats me how detectives can question anyone holding a mobile phone to take a selfie. detectives are out there looking for drug peddlers & ticket evaders, not anyone taking selfies. the write-up was fabricated from the rectum of a baboon.

main manchester or greater?
if there's going to be rotisserie chicken, count me in. grin

everything my brother,

been on the matter for over six months, just ready to shake body grin

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
I can only leave Nigeria for holiday

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by coogar: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
bebe2:

everything my brother,

been on the matter for over six months, just ready to shake body grin

don't worry.....
me & shymm3x go grace the occasion. any aso-ebi things? cheesy

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bebe2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
AdmiralDru:

Don't mind the Nigga, he thinks its as easy as it is.

Don't let anyone deceive you o, you might be comfortable and not be hungry but that doesn't mean you would have money to spend anyhow you like.

Taxi drivers earn about #20 to 30 thousand pounds a year.

RATE IS 347 TODAY,

TRANSFERED WITHIN MINUTES,

PM IF U NEED TO SEND MONEY HOME wink

1 Like

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Kingspin(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
A Nigerian living comfortably in London `a no man`s land, while here in Nigeria fellow Nigerian will never allow you to live in the so-called one Nigeria country. The next thing u start hearing talks that make no sense even to a mad- man. When will our country work? When do we begin? When and when?

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by Alezy(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
freeDR:
I never thought of leaving Nigeria before, and I don't plan to.
God bless u for this. If I must leave here, it should be visitation n I would do dat as a balanced/having man.
Re: NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories by bebe2(f): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
coogar:

don't worry.....
me & shymm3x go grace the occasion. any aso-ebi things? cheesy

kiss kiss anything yellow or green cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.