Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? (4066 Views)

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant / What Is The Prospect Of The Science Laboratory Technologist In Nigeria? / What Are The Prospect Of Cfa Holders In 9ja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? by ogbronx(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2009
To start with,let me declare my love for the course.(cisco networking).I truly believe that it a very interesting field to study which leads me to this question;what is it like to be a ccna in the labor market here in nigeria and abroad?suggestions,thoughts and experiences are welcomed.
Re: What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? by sammypai: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2009
The merits are so numerous that it can't be exhausted, 1. It makes u prove IT, 2.It givs u a psychological advantage over a fresher , 3.It inspires you to go 4 other certification, 4.It mkes ur employer know that u ar serious in ur course of endeavour, 5.It empowers u with skills 2 b self employed , and so many more, GUY WE ARE IN A VERY COMPETITIVE WORLD, Meiocrity will neva be an opinion wen excellent is a choice, GO 4 IT Broda.
Re: What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? by ogbronx(m): 12:48am On Apr 23, 2009
thanks!real good words from you.
Re: What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? by kiwi992(m): 1:30pm On May 01, 2009
Hi,

I'm really sorry to dampen down your optimism for Cisco inter-networking.

The answer to your question is that such qualification over here in the UK is, crap - absolute crap!  The days when they used to be sought after are long gone.  I predict the same thing for Nigeria in the not-too-distant future.

I've got the CCNA and Cisco Security Expert certification as well as the MCSE.  In fact, I passed the CCNA exam with flying colours (98.9%), back in 2002.

No employer cares about the qualification, let alone give me their Cisco router to configure.  All those qualifications are gathering dust in my briefcase, unused - what a waste!  The MCSE is the worst (if you ask me), yet it seems so popular a qualification in Nigeria.

It's my Accountancy (CIMA) as well as SAP qualifications that have given me ALL the opportunities in this world.

Be honest with you, Cisco routers are grossly over-hyped.  Yes, Cisco was at the forefront of routing when the Internet began, but not anymore.  What a Cisco router can do, other routers can even do better but at a fraction of the cost.  Netgear routers are the best and their configuration is web-based (like many modern routers), thus making it very easy to setup, unlike Cisco routers which are command-based (similar to UNIX), hence the need to learn the Cisco IOS (Inter-networking Operating System) commands.  I guarantee you that such commands are easily forgotten.

Here are two of my postings in this Forum relating to routing and inter-networking that you might like to read:

How Routers Work

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-178821.0.html

Subnetting

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-154031.0.html

Hope this helps.

kiwi992.
Re: What Are The Prospect Of A Ccna Here In Nigeria? by whitechriz(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2010
where cn i get o very good traing on CCNA in abuja at good price?

(1) (Reply)

Eighteen More Days To ICAN Exam / What Can You Do With A Mathematics Degree? / What Is It Like Been A Graduate In Biochemistry In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.