Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released (20781 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
This is so disheartening as the injustice continues where even a female child from Anambra has to score 66 and above to get admission while a child from sokoto has to score only 7 to get same. Is it fair? Where is the merit in this case?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
I am a full blooded Igbo but that is not injustice it shows superiority.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Why target Igbos? This shows Igbos are far ahead others academically in this country but when it comes to appointments they are sidelined. Shame on Nigeria

62 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
obum88:

You now confirm Igbos are superior and should really be on their own.

21 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by nedu2000(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
The problem is that igbos are progressing too fast,so we have to show down so that the rest of Nigeria can catchup

24 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by NICOGRAVITY: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
We are still ahead in all areas.

17 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
For how long will this injustice continue when mere children cannot get admission strictly on merit

6 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
For how long will this injustice continue when mere children cannot get admission strictly on merit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by StOla: 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Each state is filling its guaranteed quota in a federal education scheme designed for unity. It is not an admission based on academic merit but on compulsory NATIONAL representation.

It is nobody's business what low score or high score you require to fill up your own state quota. The high score only suggest better literacy indices in the South as opposed to the North.
No state is cheating the other, neither will any state yield its quota to another state until there's no candidate from the original state to fill their rightful quota.

The high cut-off score in the South is what internal competition demands to fill up their quota, while the low cut-off score in the North is what the low literacy levels ensure would fill up their own quota also.

Anyone who has no space to fill in their state quota can always try the myriad of state owned public schools or private school.

Lastly, what has the released marks got to do with a specific targeting of Igbos? You guys should please shut the hell up.

Enough of this unnecessary misinformation.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
P
StOla:
Each state is filling its guaranteed quota in a federal education scheme designed for unity. It is not an admission based on academic merit but on compulsory representation.

It is nobody's business what low score or high score you require to fill up your own state quota. The high score only suggest better literacy indices in the South as opposed to the North.
No state is cheating the other, neither will any state yield its quota to another state until there's no candidate from the original state to fill their rightful quota

Anyone who has no space to fill in their state quota can always try the myriad of state owned public schools or private school.

Lastly, what has the released marks got to do with a specific targeting of Igbos? You goes should please shut the hell up.

Why are you such a hypocrite? Are you now saying we should jettison merit for mediocrity? I thought you said you guys are the most educated in the country then why are the cut off marks allocated to south western states lower than South East ?
For how long will this disparity continue? Does this affirm the believe that the south Eastern part of Nigeria remain the most educated? As for the insults, you're forgiven as you have just shown you're a product of the quota system.

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mightyhaze: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
obum88:
but wen it coms 2 appointments dey com up wit all manner of dubious excuses y d igbo man is not qualified 4 it. If dat isn't double standard/ injustice,I don't kno wot is

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mightyhaze: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
nedu2000:
The problem is that igbos are progressing too fast,so we have to show down so that the rest of Nigeria can catchup
oda nigerians shd be made 2 sit up n catch up if not overtake d igbos. No wonder d country is a joke

13 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by dammytosh: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Carry your Igbo Sister go Sokoto go school.

Funny guy.

Na real in justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
mightyhaze:
oda nigerians shd be made 2 sit up n catch up if not overtake d igbos. No wonder d country is a joke

Can you imagine; in this time and age someone from sokoto needs only 7 to get admission over a person from Anambra that scored 65 and some morons sees nothing wrong with it

38 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by StOla: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
warrior01:
P
Why are you such a hypocrite? Are you now saying we should jettison merit for mediocrity? I thought you said you guys are the most educated in the country then why are the cut off marks allocated to south western states lower than South East ?
For how long will this disparity continue? Does this affirm the believe that the south Eastern part of Nigeria remain the most educated? As for the insults, you're forgiven as you have just shown you're a product of the quota system.

Go and change the laws that established the unity schools and stop making noise where it is of no relevance. It is not a school of merit or for the gifted. It is a unity school for National Integration.

If you are not interested, get your kids into private schools where you may actually get admission by academic merit, but you would also pay the true worth of the education received, unlike the subsidized unity school.

Why must you always covet what does not belong to you?
You have your quota, they have theirs, is that too difficult for a greedy soul to deal with?

I have no time for tribal arguments on a Monday.

Do you ever give yourself any rest from tribal agitations?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Chimarto: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Their are even marginalizing the people that are far better than them. matcheeew

9 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by warrior01: 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
I
StOla:

Go and change the laws that established the unity schools and stop making noise where it is of no relevance. It is not a school of merit or for the gifted. It is a unity school for National Integration.

If you are not interested, get your kids into private schools where you may actually get admission by academic merit, but you would also pay the true worth of the education received, unlike the subsidized unity school.

Why must you always covet what does not belong to you?
You have your quota, they have theirs, is that to difficult for a greedy soul to deal with?

I have no time for tribal arguments on a Monday.

Do you ever give yourself any rest from tribal agitations?

Why are you this dumb? So sorry I forgot you were born and brought up with a slave mentality.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by coolzeal(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
The igbos are too intelligent to be in Nigeria. We deserve to be on our own so we can make use of our full potentials and highly prevalent intellectuals. The world bodies and other nations keep stealing our best mind. Not impressive.

36 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Orjioorji(f): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ndi Igbo are the best, in all legal ramifications, while others lead in terrorism and ritualists

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
StOla:
Each state is filling its guaranteed quota in a federal education scheme designed for unity. It is not an admission based on academic merit but on compulsory NATIONAL representation.

No state is cheating the other, neither will any state yield its quota to another state until there's no candidate from the original state to fill their rightful quota.

The high cut-off score in the South is what internal competition demands to fill up their quota, while the low cut-off score in the North is what the low literacy levels ensure would fill up their own quota also.

Lastly, what has the released marks got to do with a specific targeting of Igbos? You guys should please shut the hell up.

Bros,

1. I am very happy each time I see some idiots get schooled by people like you. It gives hope that sane people still do exist.
2. If someone's brain has regressed to the point of "Igbos are this-and-that....." then a translation from neurosis to physchosis is on the way.
3. Unfortunately other idiots will latch on to a flawed position, established by a prior idiot and then idiocy is perpertuated...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by StOla: 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
warrior01:
I

Why are you this dumb? So sorry I forgot you were born and brought up with a slave mentality.

I was brought up with objectivity and not with a victim mentality typical of the conquered.

That objectivity is what you and your co-travellers lack despite all the education. The lack of which ensures you cannot even argue without inputing tribal innuendos.

Do you even know what a school of unity that requires the federal common entrance is all about?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by biafransoul: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Kudos to Igbos, you guys are truly great.

27 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Have you ever wondered why some scholarship slots are reserved for African students despite the fact that some foreign nationals who would have scored higher in SAT, TOEFL and GSCE are not given such priviledges? because African students have better blood?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
StOla:

you made sense only to the gullible, unpatriotic or tribalists.
I thought we are all born equal?
These are mere children for Christ sake!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by 989900: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
SMH for the northerners and their future if they continue like this.

ATEOTD, maybe not now, maybe in a 100 years from now, their kids will pay for their miseducation -- a sure way to guarantee their future generations will be slaves to the southerners, especially intellectually, academically, technologically and otherwise.

They win now, but he who laughs last, laughs best.

I wonder why any "biafraudian" would be wailing over unspilled milk -- the joke is on the north..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by StOla: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
you made sense only to the gullible, unpatriotic or tribalists.
I thought we are all born equal?
These are mere children for Christ sake!

Let me give you a final education as I do not want to be tied up with Igbos who are determined to whine about other people's property, while trying to appear as a victim of injustice.

If the North picks up overnight and start scoring high in these entry exams, their cut off mark will be as high as Lagos or Anambra or Delta, but the number of Northerners admitted would still be the same because they are only filling their guaranteed quota without taking away what belongs to another.

If Anambra state or Abia state suddenly starts scoring low, by extension their cut off mark could fall as low as 20, but they will still fill up their guaranteed quota with that low mark, without any state taking what belongs to them.

Is this very plain principle of quota too complex for the educated Igbo to grasp?

24 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
StOla:

Let me give you a final education as I do not want to be tied up with Igbos who are determined to whine about other people's property, while trying to appear as a victim of injustice.

If the North picks up overnight and start scoring high in these entry exams, their cut off mark will be as high as Lagos or Anambra or Delta, but the number of Northerners admitted would still be the same because they are only filling their guaranteed quota without taking away what belongs to another.

If Anambra state or Abia state suddenly starts scoring low, by extension their cut off mark could fall as low as 20, but they will still fill up their guaranteed quota with that low mark, without any state taking what belongs to them.

Is this very plain principle of quota too complex for the educated Igbo to grasp?
What happens to merit?
For how long will we maintaining a system that rewards mediocrity?
I completely understand the system as explained by you but still not comfortable with it because it is an obsolete that shouldn't still be practised in this 21st century

43 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
IGBOS in this forum should not complain.... this will only do us good in the long run, When the competition is high the IQ grows.its now obvious that an average Igbo child is more intelligent than other children including the sophisticated ppl from the West..... Igbo brain is beginning to look like bundling the brain of a Japanese, Chinese, Jews and Russian into one skull,....what do you expect.

I attened Unity school ( one of the best 5 unity schools in Nigeria then) and I dont want any of my kids to go to any one, the standed now is lower than what an Average Igbo man can give his kids

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by VickJames(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
The way things are going, we will still fill up their universities in sokoto and nothing will still happen.

4 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Ballmer: 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Some of all this Biafran wailer just won't stop frustrating well meaning Nigerian. Igbo should be careful with all this war mongering and wailing. What your Kanu is doing on radio was what led to about a million death within only three days in Rwanda.

If Igbo state do not want to be cheated they can lower their score to zero, every state as the prerogative to dictate what is desirous to their state. Kudos to Igbo States the highest required score. It's a bench mark for future succes.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by StOla: 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:

What happens to merit?
For how long will we maintaining a system that rewards mediocrity?
I completely understand the system as explained by you but still not comfortable with it because it is an obsolete that shouldn't still be practised in this 21st century

Thank goodness you understand. Finally!

Sadly as the schools are set up, merit will never trump national representation.
That is why they are termed unity schools.

If merit is exaulted, some states will never make it to the schools even in their domain, ultimately defeating the purpose of the system.

You do know the schools were set up to foster national unity as an aftermath of the civil war? Except for older government schools like KC or QC that were also included to the pool of schools.

As long as the schools enjoy federal subsidies, they must remain federal in admission.

They are not the only secondary schools in Nigeria, they don't even constitute 1% of secondary schools in Nigeria, but all the time this list of cut off is realised, another opportunity beckons for sentimentalism.

I did not make it in my own time despite a high score, while a thousand Northerners might have made it with lower scores, but guess what?
The Northerners did not cheat me, I failed to measure up among my own peers to secure a place in Lagos state quota for very top schools in a Lagos.

Naturally, I moved on to another school that is non-unity from an ocean of choices.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by abagoro(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
StOla:

You are right about quota but quota system is one of the banes of Nigeria. Merit is superior to quota.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Many Employment Opportunities Have You Created?- Yoruba Youth Group Asks PMB / Yoruba Nation Not The Answer - Soyinka / Peter Obi: I’ve Never Received Any Pension Since I Left Office 8 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.