Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (40819 Views)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by dultmax(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Da oboy you f*ck up ooo..... If only buhari know you exist mehn e for better ooo. What's ur second thought now? To go back and start asking ur oboy for money again.
Mehn is like starting from scratch allover again. And it's a big shame. If you know what is good for you, go beg that man. E no good e no good, e the help o

dont say I have no regret, cux in two months times you'll be regreting
Boss are always right, even if you know quite well that he's wrong. All your response should bE "YES SIR"

216 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Bambless1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Now Tell me Who Is The Real Wailer? You Or Your Boss? Since you said no regrets, here is my advice for you........ Visit jobberma n or www.wenogetjob.com for a new job,

Take care!

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ok Na!!!
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by ccollins(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
very sad but u go dry strife with your oga for work place

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by braine(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
You shouldn't have argued with your boss like that. You sounded arrogant. Learn to keep your personal beliefs out of workplace. I really don't feel sorry for you.

261 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
Rules of Employment Number 1: The Boss is always correct.

If you dont know this then you are a learner.
If you have a family then you are a useless Buhari apologist.
If you think buhari will notice you and give you an employment, I am sorry for you, ask all his trekkers

323 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by TheFreeOne: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
It's wrong of him relieving you of your job due to your personal opinion and you too should have applied wisdom since you know he ain't cool with yours.

He's your boss.

56 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by menix(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Yes u re wrong..
Because u collected a contract of 500k(in ur dreams with ur gbagun english) u think u can interrupt ur Boss while he speaks..

Biko biko e speak quana(in Nsukka accent)

OP.. don't worry 'Buhali' will make u his PA in Vahalla..

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by OVI75(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
If am correct u ar pro Apc.(islamic party by many standard.

While am pro Pdp,u shud hav learnt to seprate politics from work,i get u think u were been patriotic but believe you me u jst been partisan.

Well that man is nly one of many victims of these scam government called Apc,ifu stil believe the moral uprightnes of this marauding criminals called politicians(Yr beloved president nt excluded)then i bleieve u r under a spell.

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by psucc(m): 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2015
Your hypothesis is rather biased. That a father died without a thatch house does not warrant the child to live in a market square.

Buhari knew he was matured to handle the affairs of this country but fails. He lacks the ideas.

He should by now have fine tuned his government and set the machine of governance in motion.

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Zaikon(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
U ar fired for saying de fact from figuressssss
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by akonibobo: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Book space

Am coming
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by osaslord500(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
Beta go beg your boss oo before it's too late

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by hola106(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
U try
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by SkyBlue1: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
kaycid77:
Rules of Employment Number 1: The Boss is always correct.

If you dont know this then you are a learner.
If you have a family then you are a useless Buhari apologist.
If you think buhari will notice you and give you an employment, I am sorry for you, ask all his trekkers

In Nigeria. Add that at the end, 'the boss is always correct, in Nigeria'. In other parts of the world and in good private sector companies you are hired for your brain, not to be a "yes man". In Nigeria where workers have no rights it is different.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by tabletman1: 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
OP congratulation for being stupid.

Go and submit your CV at Apc headquarters because buhari promised to give 20 million illusion jobs annually

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by LeOstrich: 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hunger nefa begin blow you.

Suffering and smiling shilling post.

Is it only me but I find this useless write up from the OP a complete bullsh1t.

[size=28pt]People are not losing their jobs because of their blind support for Buhari, people are losing their jobs because of the ineptitude of the Buhari govt to set in place any meaniful and well thought of economic and fiscal policy.[/size]

And by the way, if you want to spot bullsh1t like what the OP posted you will find to many irrelevant and unrelated sentences which end up desperately trying to convince whoever is reading this crap that the author is genuine .

This is propaganda 101 for beginners.

100 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
@dultmax
It's not right to come in here and display how unintelligent you are at business relationships.
You should never bring politics or religion into your job or your business. I guess you need to start all over again and learn the hard way

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by tunde1200(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
If Buhari succeded in all his plans surely me and you no need to bother about having job or not at all.
Which I know he will!.

Op I don't think he meant to fired you is joking!.

Is that how they fire just because of arguments abi some other things transpared between 2 of you?.

If he try that just get a good SAN.
You don hammer be that oo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by nonsom(m): 1:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
caste thy bread into a river, after some days you will get it back. Isaiah saw the glory of God when king Hossiah died. Never border for loosing what that matters to you, if it is really your's It must surely come back to you. This is how disappointment turns to an appoitment. READ ABOUT LEVI TRUST AND HENRY FORD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
Okay
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by LeOstrich: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
The OP is trying to make all the now jobless APC zombies who lost their jobs after may 29 know that they are not alone in this struggle to remain a Buharist in the light of discrimination.

I laff!

Being an APC zombie is now like being gay in Nigeria.

See how im begin narrate when him finish service to job interviews before getting his last job.

[size=18pt]Too many irrelevant details is a good indicator that you are reading bullsh1t![/size]

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Orjioorji(f): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
@op have you ever watch that film title pretty liars . if you need favour tell us don't lie because Buhari has nothing for you even does who were employed he sack them, because he is a Dullard.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by jaymejate: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Infact who are you to argue with ur boss?
That means you lack respect, u no be good Yoruba boy.
Abi u don forget say na naija be this?
Buhari wey no know say u exist. Mtchew

34 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
[size=16pt]Is your boss' name tonyebarcanista[/size]

25 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Tycike: 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
This happens only in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
tobimillar:
Is your boss name tonyebarcanista?
Haba bros, no be me o

43 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Wenebadu(f): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
SORRY

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by stuff46(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Olodo

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by otil1: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op, pls, quickly:

1. Share the outcome of your survey to empirically buttress your assertion "The previous Administration has ruined this country."

2. Following that, provide the proof of your assertion "Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah." and proceed to show the linkage between cost or loss of the nation Buhari.

3. Your survey was of opinion of people right? Provide the political and ideological spread of the survey area -predominantly APC or PDP? What proportion is the dogmatic north of nigeria (home of defunct CPC?)?. Christian vs. Muslim population.

Then, I can make my submission.

Btw: giving you a little benefit of doubt in advance, your boss was practical while you had your heads buried in useless theory. He is losing revenue, just like most Nigerian businesses. So tell us what your god buhari has done to justify or compensate your bosses drop in business. Anything pls.

80 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Sister And Her Husband Just Lost Their Job In MOUAU. PIX / Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.