Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website (6268 Views)

10 Ways To Secure Your Blog or Website / How To Go From 5 Visitors To 1000 Visitors On Your Blog / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Booyakasha(f): 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
Yo guys in this post, I'll be dropping some tips on how to get active and returning visitors to your blog or website.

Having more returning visitors is a great traffic advantage. Ever wondered why whenever you're bored, you surf through your favourite site? yeah that's right you're a returning visitor if you visit Facebook, Nairaland or Stackoverflow almost twice every month. You have to know a returning visitor never refers to a site through search
engine or ads, they just say "oh, i forgot to check naijaloaded today" then they go right ahead and type the url to their destination site. Another way to describe a returning visitor is simply: any visitor that keeps visiting your URL because you have something that interest him or her, some retuning visitors even go as far as memorizing your url path because they're so used to your site. Isn't it worthless and wasteful to pay for traffic and when it expires you go back to square one or your previous traffic status?

Well, below are some tips on how to get active and returning visitors:

Inspire your readers

You might be wondering, how do i inspire my readers? well it's not so hard to inspire people, you have to remember your visitors are not robots (apart from from spam bots around this days :grin: ), they're humans with emotions, you can inspire them by writing posts or topics that makes them feel valuable, not posting all about yourself or your site all the time, remember, this is about your visitors and not you. Make your visitors happy and see the results.. don't force them to click ads by providing fake links. e.g I visit your site to download a song or eBook and then I see the file name and it is exactly what i was looking for and then i click on download and it redirects me to your advertisers.... I for one will not visit your over annoying site again, and even forceful login/registration is bad... imagine having to register first before you are privileged to read a content? annoying okay.
Start thinking of your visitor first before yourself, you can start by imagining yourself being the visitor.

Don't be so focused on making money, make your users get the info and satisfaction they want

Yes! this is very important, many people nowadays just wake up and say, "oh, i want to start a blog or website that i can earn from", while this is not a bad thing to think of, you might be over doing it. You must focus mainly on providing rich content for your users which I'll explain in this last step. And always reply to comments if you own a tech blog or any type of website where users asks questions frequently, this way, your user will feel cared for and important.

Content.......

Will people ever say "I love this website/blog" without it having tons of great contents? well i doubt it. The quality of your content will determine whether you'll get returning visitors or come and go visitors... You see, one very bad practice you have to take note of is engaging in plagiarism, if your website is new, it can damage your presence on search engines because your website or blog will be recognized as that which contains scrap contents.

Us webmasters and bloggers just need to bring something original to the table, not just because some site writes interesting fanfic/romance stories and become successful at doing it, then you decide to follow that path and delve into total destruction! yes, you'll end up stranded or just a slave to the writer because the owner of the content won't watch you benefit from his/her works, so you'll end up not being able to monetize the sweet content you copied with top ad networks like AdSense because you'll get disabled once the owner reports you.. lolz especially now that addynamo is dead, you'll hardly earn anything really reasonable except you have some pretty amazing traffic you got from Facebook or paying for ads.

Finally, if you feel you've been doing some things wrongly, you can correct yourself and make some positive changes that will keep your users coming back for more, wouldn't it be great for a visitor to come to your site for the first time and save a page of your content in his/her browser? sure its great!
Source: www.gdevit.com/topic35/how-to-get-active-returning-visitor-to-your-blog-or-website

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
vx

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by prothelley(f): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
So?
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by SuPeRq(f): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
We don hear............. fTC any problem with that?
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by donaldoffice: 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
lovely ... via .. http://www.vivianblog.com
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by YungMike(m): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
m
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by uzo200(m): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
we don hear... next
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by YungMike(m): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Owo ni koko
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by UjSizzle(f): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
Guy! I dey greet o cheesy Fellow TMNT fan with a Mikey craze tongue
Booyakasha

Ehen lemme go read your stuff.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by ryanfletcher: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
hmmm,blogging at its peak!
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by aprokomania(m): 3:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
g
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by oforij(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
How does one create a blog?
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by yomalex(m): 3:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
Okay
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by soldierdollar(m): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
grin
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by benmike2358: 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by SylarsMcQuins: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
Most anticipated single. Larry Kuti- Olowo Fe Dabira. Pls Download Listen, Share and Re-Bc http://www.datafilehost.com/d/eef31c51.

Pls download and tell me what you think bout the song. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by ITbomb(m): 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
oforij:
How does one create a blog?
Easy, just understand the basic first

Easy steps to start a blog
Check here to get everything you need to know
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by omozu1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
Thanks bro for this great information God bless.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by harristo(m): 4:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
let's see now
So you are saying it's all about content.
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Bambless1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
exxell:
Wow.... Wow... Wow.

So, this is actually what it means to be first to comment on Nairaland? grin grin grin

O My God!

This is a feat I have tried for almost 5 years without achieving cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even most of my Comrades have given up!

God actually thought me a lesson now. I use this opportunity to beg God for open doors in my life, in my family, on Nairalanders and their families and then, on Nigeria in general. The position in life that is yours will be yours when the time comes. I knew this because this topic was on Nairaland front page without any comment for over a minute! I had to refresh the page with my crappy Airtel network to be certain that there were no comments on it! This was unlike before when a poster will open a thread by 7:03 am and Introvert or LadyF will post by the same 7:03. Thereby being first to comment! Atimes, I use to imagine those two were monitoring spirits. undecided undecided undecided

Even there was a day a guy was opening a thread on a topic he copied from one website. Immediately he posted the first part by 5:09 pm, INTROVERT probably googled the remaining part of the OP's topic and Completed it for him by 5:10 pm shocked shocked shocked

I was like "Shuoooo" angry angry angry angry

All the same, God has decreed that this position is mine today. Its not for sale and will never be for sale. Shout out to my friends here whom I can't mention all especially TonyeBarcanista, Decode55, imsuboi and Others. God bless us all cool cool cool

Finally, shout out to these set of people. They are there always there fighting for the common man and against Northern Hegemony. angry angry angry

Sdindan Roob chukkiephil

ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher

Rozayx5 bomsilaga erunz dunsman

Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman,

nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors,

iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye,

Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1,

Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21

Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli,

IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert,

Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF,

Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23,

coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless the Biafran struggle and Ala Igbo in general as He has been doing kiss kiss kiss

God bless the Niger Delta (Our Oyel) grin grin grin

Allah or whatever bless the Northerners if he so wishes. undecided undecided undecided

As for the Yorubas, I can only say God bless Seun Osewa, Wole Soyinka, Professor Osinbajo. I have nothing more to say about the rest of them. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

By the way, what is the third poster talking about? Are you a Phd holder in position thievery

N.B Am Shedding tears of Joy on this feat.... My time has come cry cry cry

First Epistle Of Exxell To Nairalanders!! All In The Name Of Being The First Person To Comment, Lolx
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by purushottam1973(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hey, Thanks bro. This one is very informative an useful for my blog www.keepmequite.com
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
Most bloggers give fallacious news and informations.
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Pangea: 4:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
Make I bookmark
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
how about offer them a free ebook and get their email so you can send them more content.
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by SUGARBEE(f): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lol.. This guy "Exxel" is one hell of a dude...
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by Revolva(m): 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Omo all I wanna know is how to make the moulah
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by scribble: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
exxell or whatever see this dry thread na im you dey brag firstus to commentus

adjust your brain
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by ichommy(m): 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
Spot On @ OP
Re: How To Get Active Returning Visitors To Your Blog Or Website by baloney: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Youtube Monetize Nigerian Accounts? / My Adsense Was Suspended With $154 Inside / Blog Niches You Must Run Away From As A Nigerian Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.