Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators (37124 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Dino Melaye: Amaechi Will Be Screened Tomorrow / Ministerial List: Buhari Must Be Screened If He’s Petroleum Minister—senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by AkwaIbomrep1: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
marked10:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/ministerial-list-buhari-must-be-screened-if-hes-petroleum-minister-senate/
I hope is not the oil in Akwa ibom buari want to manage because I will personally....infact let me reserve my comment...in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom ''

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
The 8th Senate is the dumbest and most useless Senate EVER! How can you even think of screening a President that has popular mandate? I think these Senators don't have any idea on their duties as parliamentarians. Lemme be very clear, they CANNOT screen a President.

As for 'Take-a-bow' Senators, I don't see anything different.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by LukeEzeani(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Yes, he should be screened. because the law was made to guide every Nigerian despite your position or status. I can't wait to see tomorrow.......!!
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by meta4bishop(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm! 9ja politians re indeed clowns! Wat a pity. God will surely see d 9ja Masses thru. I rest my case.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by arafone(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
Fools talking sh*t..we Nigerians have already screened him (PMB)
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by nextstep(m): 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The 8th Senate is the most dumbest and useless Senate EVER! How can you even think of screening a President that has popular mandate? I think these Senators don't have any idea on their duties as parliamentarians. Lemme be very clear, they CANNOT screen a President.

They are not screening the President. They plan to screen a man called Buhari for an important ministerial position, in accordance with the Constitution. Afterall, if he's to sign documents in his capacity as Minister, he won't use Presidential letterhead. I'm very curious to see how this goes down...

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Btruth: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
If that is what will satisfy them, then... Mallam Buhari, be prepared. Though, I know that you will not fall our hands. cheesy
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by galadima77(m): 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
PublicAssurance:
[size=18pt]Dumb senators of the Federal Republic....Buhari needs to be screened because he is not qualified to be petroleum minister.[/size]

I think they dont understand what it means to be "the" president of the federal republic.
Imagine someone who nominated miniterial candidates n service chiefs and voted in by over 13million Nigerians, being invited to be screened by some set of corrupt over fed looters. Lolz

I dont blame them

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The 8th Senate is the most dumbest and useless Senate EVER! How can you even think of screening a President that has popular mandate? I think these Senators don't have any idea on their duties as parliamentarians. Lemme be very clear, they CANNOT screen a President.

They are simply following the dictates of the constitution which says someone must be confirmed by the senate before becomming a minister!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
galadima77:

I think they dont understand what it means to be "the" president of the federal republic.
Imagine someone who nominated miniterial candidates n service chiefs and voted in by over 13million Nigerians, being invited to be screened by some set of corrupt over fed looters. Lolz

I dont blame them

The same 13 million+ nigerians elected the senators of which none of them even forged a waec certificate like Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
nextstep:

They are not screening the President. They plan to screen a man called Buhari for an important ministerial position, in accordance with the Constitution. Afterall, if he's to sign documents in his capacity as Minister, he won't use Presidential letterhead. I'm very curious to see how this goes down...
Unfortunately, they can't screen the president! The Man Buhari is the President! All other Ministers are 'assisting' him to discharge his duties as President. If he decide to handle a portfolio himself, it isn't the business of the legislators.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by opineflu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
dumb senate ...but wy must ngige nd amaechi b on dat list Same old thiefs ....
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by CSTR2: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
It is common sense though.
What does buhari know about 21st century best practices and SOP in the global oil industry.?
If the senators had any bit of intelligence, buhari would get eviscerated on the stands.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sorry, the president is not a Minister, he will NEVER be a Minister! He is only overseeing a particular sector.

Look the constitution, ministers were to 'assist' the president in discharge of his duties, if he decides to handle a sector himself, it is spot on. The suggestion of the Senate is bo[h foolish and abdurd! Dead on Arrival

chukwudi44:

They are simply following the dictates of the constitution which says someone must be confirmed by the senate before becomming a minister!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by CSTR2: 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Unfortunately, they can't screen the president! The Man Buhari is the President! All other Ministers are 'assisting' him to discharge his duties as President. If he decide to handle a portfolio himself, it isn't the business of the legislators.
Ministerial posts are constitutional.
It is also the job of the senate as laid down in the constitution to screen appointed ministers before taking office to ascertain their qualification for the job.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by globalresource: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Are they high on something? 99% of the senators are there for their selfish interest.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by obailala(m): 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
The funny part of this clowning by the senators is that Buhari might just surprise them by appearing for screening, and they would be too scared to ask him a single question. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by sonssyo: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
idari:
Dis is more like a joke grin I give up on Nigeria,migratin to chad grin

plz do and be fast about it
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Enesi47: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Dumb PDP senators, they will denies this news before 8am 2morrow
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by 2n2k(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
[b]I will rather believe this is from our dumb journalists not from our 'distinguished' senators.

First of all, the constitution already confer on the president, the position of chief executive. All ministers hold positions at his pleasure.

Second, the list he sends to the senate contains no portfolio. He has the discretion to assign or re-assign the minister any time. The senate will only confirm the nominees as minister. They won't know where they will be assigned.

The constitution does not recognize any minister by position except the minister of justice. So the president can name 35 of them Minister without Portfolio (like in the first republic when some ministers were without portfolio) or the current nomenclature -Minister for Special Duties. Once he names the minister of justice, he is covered by law.

Thirdly, Only the president is held accountable for executive functions by constitution. Ministers exercise only delegated presidential powers. He is the Chief Minister already and cannot be screened for a job which is already a part of his job content.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
Spaxon:
Gbam dullard in..ho thinks he is smart
Foól
And you said today is your birthday?
What a waste.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Enice(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
Clowns. It is the prerogative of the president to appoint a minister to a cabinet or not. If he chooses not, what happens? Can these fooli5h senators force him to appoint a minister of petroleum? By virtue of his position as the president, he is in charge of the "executive" and he does not need the consent of these clowns to execute policies.
Though this news is trash fit for the dust bin.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by amazingspiderma: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
Honestly if I run a company,most of these guys will not work for me.
They simply spend time doing nothing, all this time.

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
damton:
Sometimes, I wonder if our senators understand the need to setting priorities. I don't know if it is necessary for The president to appear before the house. Hope this does not have any political undertone because that will be detrimental to the whole screening process. Who knows, perhaps the screening could lead to another bout of boxing fight.
You must be very dumb to make this empty statement. So you feel the president is already qualified based on the standard he has set for himself, a standard him alone knows about and what about other nominees, are you saying it is not necessary 4 dem to be screened by d senate? So why do we have d constitution then? If the baba says he must be the minister of petroleum, he must queue up with his colleagues and present his damn self @ d red chamber and if not approved, he must be dropped. This is DEMOCRACY, not MILITARY regime, this is how its been done. Shikenah.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Ikiriye(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
NobleAky:
He is the C-in-C and has been screened by the entire Nigerians before and during the poll! So he has gotten the people's mandate the makes him the president championing the courses of all Ministries and parastatals-

what are the senators talking about- mind you I'm pro PDP

Think properly,he was given mandate for the executive not minister.there are division of labor for crying out loud.he should be screened.this is the change mantra himself for he should lead by example.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Buhari is NOT a minister! He is only to take charge of the Petroleum Sector with the powers and mandates conferred on him as the Executive President of Nigeria. The Senate are only to screen ministers BUT not the President.
CSTR2:
Ministerial posts are constitutional.
It is also the job of the senate as laid down in the constitution to screen appointed ministers before taking office to ascertain their qualification for the job.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
BABA BUHARI is ever ready to be screen by the so call Senators, after all majority of them aint suppose to be Councillors talkless of Senator.
I was opportuned to be part of Screening team who are responsible for screen Senators/Reps in ...... State before primary election,
When i went through the CV of one of their 3 Senators I found out that he only had 3 credit in his WEAC, he doesnt have any other Certificate beside WEAC.
So tell me Who is afraid of screeening from such kind of People who found themselves where they aint suppose to be.

Go on BABA Nigerians are behind you!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by galadima77(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

The same 13 million+ nigerians elected the senators of which none of them even forged a waec certificate like Buhari

Why not use your genuine certificate to run for same office or take him to court? Or is your own less worthy than the "forged" one?
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by disserious: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
You just said all I have to say, now I have nothing to say again

tomdon:
what equipment; ancient or modern, did vanguard use to measure the perceived strong indication.
but if true,
the president should be above all scrutiny.
he has the mandate and by extension competence reposed in him by the citizens, moral justification and security pass mark to handle any portfolios.

one would be tempted to assume that the block head law makers should know bera.

but then, this really seems like a battle line being drawn rather than them focusing on sieving out corrupt nominees.

well, its because most of them are also corrupt.

what is even delaying the trials of fashola and amaechi
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by Ikiriye(m): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Is Obama minster.fool why can he choose minister of agriculture.
Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by dougivilla(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I beg to disagree. Let's not use technicality to throw away constitutionality. If the law stipulates that a minister must be screened by the senate before he assumes office, I do not see why people we pay to uphold our constitution should be supported to break same. What exactly is wrong with asking Muhammadu Buhari to present himself for screening as a minister of the FRN. Nothing me thinks.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ernieman:
You must be very dumb to make this empty statement. So you feel the president is already qualified based on the standard he has set for himself, a standard him alone knows about and what about other nominees, are you saying it is not necessary 4 dem to be screened by d senate? So why do we have d constitution then? If the baba says he must be the minister of petroleum, he must queue up with his colleagues and present his damn self @ d red chamber and if not approved, he must be dropped. This is DEMOCRACY, not MILITARY regime, this is how its been done. Shikenah.
The President is the Chief Executive. He was elected by the public! The provision for ministers is to AssiST the President. If the president decide to take charge of a sector, it is his prerogative. Like I said, the Senators are FOOLISH becacuse the President is NOT a minister. Ministers are his appointees.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.