Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion (10668 Views)

"Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Reveal True Reason Nigeria In Recession / Why Nigeria May Never Split (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 06, 2015
Nigeria will never split. I love the igbos and despite their secessionist tendencies, I believe they are the major reasons why Nigeria will never split. This is because, unlike any other tribe in the country, the igbos are the most migrated. You will find them in droves in almost every state across the federation. Go to the most remote villages in the southwest, you'd find a reasonable number of igbos trading/residing and you'd even see some inter-marrying with the natives.. I have too many examples.

For any secession to take place, the igbos would have to first migrate in droves back to the southeast but the opposite is what we experience everyday. To back up my claim, Go to any lagos motor park in any south-eastern town/city and you will marvel at the number of people planning to travel down to lagos from there at any given day.

If it was left to the yorubas who are fully concentrated in the southwest with a negligible number of persons in other regions, secession or splitting will be a very easy thing to do as a referendum for secession will be easy to obtain from the yoruba people at any given period but same cannot be said for the Igbos as it currently stands.

I have to say this though, I believe the igbos create a sort of religion balance in the Nigerian system. This is very needed in the system as Nigeria will most likely be an islamic state without the igbos' major Christian population. I am a yoruba christain and will certainly not be comfortable with having the North and southwest as a country together without the inclusion of the Igbos. There are a reasonable number of Muslims in Yorubaland and I know that a southwest + North-only country will have the number of Muslims overshadow the Christians. The Islam religion with its usually overbearing tendencies (sorry) will want to lord it over minority Christians. I certainly won't be comfortable with this and i'm sure a lot of Yoruba christains won't be too. I seriously don't want to experience what it could be like for Nigeria without the Igbos.

God bless Nigeria. Nobody is going anywhere!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 06, 2015

grin grin grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Light7: 2:08am On Oct 06, 2015
What will be, will be...
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by WilyWily: 2:09am On Oct 06, 2015
Yorubas are Moslems, any Yoruba claiming to be a Christian is a 419.
99.99% Yoruba pastors are 419

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by mikolo80: 2:10am On Oct 06, 2015
very naive
they don't have to leave for secession to occur
they can be expelled by the way
the only thing holding nigeria is oyel
once a new wealth driver or fuel source is found nigeria will scatter like humpty dumpty

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by harristo(m): 2:10am On Oct 06, 2015
Lol grin grin grin I don laugh my belle scatter grin grin grin

If what you said is true OP, then the Igbos are paradoxical(they contradict themselves),

Because it means the Igbos are trying to split Nigeria

when they are the Reason Nigeria Will Never Split.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 2:21am On Oct 06, 2015
WilyWily:
Yorubas are Moslems, any Yoruba claiming to be a Christian is a 419.
99.99% Yoruba pastors are 419

What is a 419 ?
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by menix(m): 2:32am On Oct 06, 2015
Ashanti0522:

What is a 419 ?

It's his Nairaland password..

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by jameseva: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2015
menix:

It's his Nairaland password..

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Chiaka(f): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2015
No Wahala! just join the Ibo group if and when any division will ever occur! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2015
Look am tire of noise..anyone who wants to leave should leave...life goes on..no one should hold anyone hostage
Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by size40: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2015
Till Christ comes, Nigeria will remain one. Nothing like Biafra. Biafra died with Ojukwu. Biafra was buried with Ojukwu in the same grave.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by TruthisGOD: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:
Nigeria will never split. I love the igbos and despite their secessionist tendencies, I believe they are the major reasons why Nigeria will never split. This is because, unlike any other tribe in the country, the igbos are the most migrated. You will find them in droves in almost every state across the federation. Go to the most remote villages in the southwest, you'd find a reasonable number of igbos trading/residing and you'd even see some inter-marrying with the natives.. I have too many examples.

For any secession to take place, the igbos would have to first migrate in droves back to the southeast but the opposite is what we experience everyday. To back up my claim, Go to any lagos motor park in any south-eastern town/city and you will marvel at the number of people planning to travel down to lagos from there at any given day.

If it was left to the yorubas who are fully concentrated in the southwest with a negligible number of persons in other regions, secession or splitting will be a very easy thing to do as a referendum for secession will be easy to obtain from the yoruba people at any given period but same cannot be said for the Igbos as it currently stands.

I have to say this though, I believe the igbos create a sort of religion balance in the Nigerian system. This is very needed in the system as Nigeria will most likely be an islamic state without the igbos' major Christian population. I am a yoruba christain and will certainly not be comfortable with having the North and southwest as a country together without the inclusion of the Igbos. There are a reasonable number of Muslims in Yorubaland and I know that a southwest + North-only country will have the number of Muslims overshadow the Christians. The Islam religion with its usually overbearing tendencies (sorry) will want to lord it over minority Christians. I certainly won't be comfortable with this and i'm sure a lot of Yoruba christains won't be too. I seriously don't want to experience what it could be like for Nigeria without the Igbos.

Then the ibos should remain in perpetual darkness for you to feel comfortable? How vry insensitive

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2015
size40:
Till Christ comes, Nigeria will remain one. Nothing like Biafra. Biafra died with Ojukwu. Biafra was buried with Ojukwu in the same grave.

Ooshey baddest! *lil kesh' voice*

Forreals tho, nobody is going anywhere.. The main agitators for self determination are the most scattered people in nigeria. If igbos' total population is 60million, more than 35million live and work outside the southeast. That to me doesn't look like a group ready to secede.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by ibedun: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2015
Igbos will never amount to anything in the Nigerian political space. The economy (more like trading) they fantasise about controlling will change over time as the other tribes get off their backside and compete with the Igbos or simply just stop buying anything from them. Igbo migration is adding to the problems of the country. Shameless lot, they should be busy developing their fatherland. The only thing I like about Igbo migration is he sheer number of available Igbo girls. Igbo girls all over the place to water our dry wood.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Masterclass32: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2015
ibedun:
Igbos will never amount to anything in the Nigerian political space. The economy (more like trading) they fantasise about controlling will change over time as the other tribes get off their backside and compete with the Igbos or simply just stop buying anything from them. Igbo migration is adding to the problems of the country. Shameless lot, they should be busy developing their fatherland. The only thing I like about Igbo migration is he sheer number of available Igbo girls. Igbo girls all over the place to water our dry wood.

Igbos will never amount to anything in the Nigerian political space?

You'd be surprised what will happen in the next few years, as the injustices cancel themselves out and the Igbos are restored. Your likes won't believe their eyes.

God bless Ndigbo.
God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 06, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Then the ibos should remain in perpetual darkness for you to feel comfortable? How vry insensitive

Lool.. Dude don't be deceived, Nobody is in darkness! The Igbos have the Nigerian platform readily available to them to flourish in almost anything they are interested in. The only area where Igbos have not had real presence is POLITICS.. And no one else can be blamed for this but Igbo leaders who have refused to be detribalised. No tribe in Nigeria can single-handedly elect the president of her choice, sacrifices and alliances with at least one other populated region is needed to put persons of your choice in power. When Igbos realise and put this into practice, the sky will be their starting point in nigeria's political sphere.

I'v met too many Igbos in person and occasions and I don't see anyone complaining of being maligned or maltreated in the society. If there's anything, it's the other tribes that are being sidelined by the Igbos in whatever they do, this is especially evident in business and trading centres that are igbo dominated.

Nigeria can never split. The suggestion is dead on arrival!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by CSTR2: 10:26am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:

Lool.. Dude don't be deceived, Nobody is in darkness! The Igbos have the Nigerian platform readily available to them to flourish in almost anything they are interested in. The only area where Igbos have not had real presence is POLITICS.. And no one else can be blamed for this but Igbo leaders who have refused to be detribalised. No tribe in Nigeria can single-handedly elect the president of her choice, sacrifices and cooperation with at least one other populated region is needed to put persons of your choice in power.

I'v met too many Igbos in person and occasions and I don't see anyone complaining of being maligned or maltreated in the society. If there's anything, it's the other tribes that are being sidelined by the Igbos in whatever they do, this is especially evident in business and trading centres that are igbo dominated.

Look shut up.
The entire country is a god-forsaken shitthole. Poverty and ethnocentricism is everywhere.
Are you people not tired of the status quo?
Countries far developed than Nigeria has disintegrated. Stop making it sound like Nigeria is too good to disintegrate.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 06, 2015
CSTR2:
Look shut up.
The entire country is a god-forsaken shitthole. Poverty and ethnocentricism is everywhere.
Are you people not tired of the status quo?
Countries far developed than Nigeria has disintegrated. Stop making it sound like Nigeria is too good to disintegrate.

Nigeria will not disintegrate. There's absolutely nothing you can do about that. Regions that wanted out of a country would have their people densely concentrated and working in that particular region, not the other way round.

Igbos are actually the frontrunner in the race to achieving a unified Nigeria as they are the ones actively mixing with other tribes and races across the federation. You tell me that this set of people are interested in seceding, I tell you that have been listening to too much Nnamdi Kanu.

Nigeria remains!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by CSTR2: 10:49am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:

Nigeria will not disintegrate. There's absolutely nothing you can do about that. Regions that wanted out of a country would have their people densely concentrated and working in that particular region..

Igbos are actually the frontrunner in the race to achieving a unified Nigeria as they are the ones actively mixing with other tribes and races across the federation. You tell me that this set of people are interested in seceding, I tell you that have been listening to too much Nnamdi Kanu.

Nigeria remains!
Igboland is the most densest part of Nigeria. The fact that some igbos are outside igboland does not change anything.
Catalonians are also living and working in different parts of spain. It does not change anything in the real sense.
Nations that have disintegrated also have a mixture of sorts by marriage and business, it is normal afterall they are a nation. It does not take away the fact that they disintegrated.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by BALLOSKI: 10:49am On Oct 06, 2015
I went to somewhere in Kano state called 'butubu' and saw an ibo man selling provisions there . I shouted ' nna, Wetin u De do for this kain place?', he responded by saying , ' this is like my home. I hardly travel home(east) sef". This goes to show the main ibo don't care about biafra , but their businesses. They are unlike the jobless ones you see on nairaland beating chest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by BALLOSKI: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2015
CSTR2:
Igboland is the most densest part of Nigeria. The fact that some igbos are outside igboland does not change anything.
Catalonians are also living and working in different parts of spain. It does not change anything in the real sense.
Nations that have disintegrated also have a mixture of sorts by marriage and business, it is normal afterall they are a nation. It does not take away the fact that they disintegrated.
Catalonians made sure their region is ahead in terms of anything in Spain before their agitation. It's believed that they are needed more and have unity. Such cannot be said of your region.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:

The igbos living outside do not need to come back to SE before Nigeria splits, millions will go home permanently, some more millions will return temporarily n go back to north n sw. Some other millions will remain in the north n West during the war or referendum as the case may be. Igbos can be citizens anywhere, that the nation separates does not mean anything.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by CSTR2: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2015
BALLOSKI:
I went to somewhere in Kano state called 'butubu' and saw an ibo man selling provisions there . I shouted ' nna, Wetin u De do for this kain place?', he responded by saying , ' this is like my home. I hardly travel home(east) sef". This goes to show the main ibo don't care about biafra , but their businesses. They are unlike the jobless ones you see on nairaland beating chest.
Yes, as long as it supports your narrative.
I doubt if there is any igbo man that does not go home often.
Anyway, there is no cause in history that had 100% support. It is what the majority wants that happens.
Your igboman and the likes of him are in the minority.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2015
ibedun:

Yoruba n tribalism just dey like Bread n butter .

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by TruthisGOD: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:

Lool.. Dude don't be deceived, Nobody is in darkness! The Igbos have the Nigerian platform readily available to them to flourish in almost anything they are interested in. The only area where Igbos have not had real presence is POLITICS.. And no one else can be blamed for this but Igbo leaders who have refused to be detribalised. No tribe in Nigeria can single-handedly elect the president of her choice, sacrifices and alliances with at least one other populated region is needed to put persons of your choice in power. When Igbos realise and put this into practice, the sky will be their starting point in nigeria's political sphere.

U think that the problem is politics? My dear the major problem is religion which is evidenced in Bokoharam activities. What are they agitating for? A sharia country. Mind you its an ideology, even if u killed so many of them, you have not killed their ideology. Theres is even stronger than they biafrans. Majority of this tribe even believe in this ideology. A case study is our president. Y they r not vocal nw is oil but the bokos boy ve taken the bull by the horn. U think ibos are the only ppl threatening the unity of Nigeria. Don't delusion yourself that Nigeria will not split. Let see what happens when bombs start flying in other geopolitical zones. I understand your fear bt Jst pray.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by CSTR2: 11:00am On Oct 06, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Catalonians made sure their region is ahead in terms of anything in Spain before their agitation. It's believed that they are needed more and have unity. Such cannot be said of your region.
You are a liar.
Catalonia is not as developed as madrid.
Infact one of the major reasons of catalan seccession is marginalization.
Countries that disintegrated in history are often due to marginalization and underdevelopment.
A country hardly disintegrate when everywhere is developed.
A major reason why the USSR disintegrated was because resources from most parts of USSR was used in developing Russia.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:

I dunno why u people seem not to get what's happening, Nigeria is already ripe to split, a little fracas is what it will take. What do u fink boko haram wants They are here to split nigeria into pieces .. Wen eastern Nigeria will start their wahala, the military will divide n eastern soldiers will leave and come back home to defend it........I'm talking about 30,000 soldiers pulling out of the military...the remaining soldiers will be split between fighting boko haram n biafra sessationists......BOKO HARAM WILL EAT THE NORTH LIKE CREAM CRACKERS.....BETTER BE READY.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2015
jayfolarin:

The world keeps changing per nanoseconds my bro. Though i may want Yorubas and Ibos to live in separate worlds, the fact that this British scam called Nigeria has so long existed haphazardly doesn't mean it can't go up flames one day. Things change. Nothing is constant.

For instance, today Yorubas have expressed their dissatisfaction against living with illegal strangers. Who knows what will happen to them when this generation of ours takes over from our aging politicians. As an aspiring politician, I personally won't begrudge them though, but I'm sorry to say that my experiences today will not make me balance the interests of Yorubas and Ibos in a state or country I will govern in the future. I can only ensure the safety of all (including them Ibos) non-Yorubas. Sides the security of lives, properties, etc (which are what foreigners need in host lands) , my interests are aligned elsewhere. Political relevance is not the right of a foreigner is a host land, only if allowed by the host.

So bro in short, changes are and will continue to be. Whatever the consequences of Nigeria splitting are then, EVERY TRIBE SHOULD LIVE WITH IT.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2015
BALLOSKI:

Ur blind, it means that the igbos that travelled do not have any plans to come home even if nigeria divides.

Better be ready.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion by Stolen: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2015
Yoruba obsession with my tribe is legendary.

They claim to love igbos but are the worst enemies Ndiigbo have in Nigeria.

The fact that Ndiigbo have not done very well in producing a president or marginalised in this present Buhari dispensation is caused by non other than the yorubas.

They rant up and down all over social media of fucking the whole igbo women.You did think maybe igbos are the only tribe that have women in Nigeria and the world.

They constantly post picture of Biafra War dying children without any remorse and even their Oba have openly threatened the entire igbo tribe with death. Several prominant yoruba people have threatened to wipe the entire igboland off the face of the earth.

Yet igbos cannot leave. angry

Take note that Nigeria will definately split because of the Yorubas. As Emir Sanusi put it, Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Humiliation: Time For Jagaban Bola Ahmed Tinubu To Consider PDP / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2018) / Seyi Makinde Is Clearly Leading In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.